WaistAways Team Chat - MAY 2022

Replies

• Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 601 Member
    Monday is rolling by and I feel very productive. Now that April and my trips are over, I'm approaching weekdays in May as if I have a job - up at a normal hour, eating regular meals, giving myself a fairly strict to-do list. I started a course in SQL (and it is as fun as I remember, which is a good sign seeing as I am looking for jobs that use it!!), I read a bunch of my book for fun, got movement in, in the form of yoga, a 30 min walk (with a short break to swing in a hammock at the park!), and a 16 min low-impact lower body workout. Icing my foot as dinner cooks.

@ashleycarole86 I am looking for a job in data analytics! My background is in investment management and financial reporting, so a bit of a shift, hence the courses I'm doing online. Hoping for a hybrid office/remote job, maybe with location flexibility (I really loved Colorado so I'm also looking at jobs in Denver or even the Pacific NW).

@MoonlitMuse I will definitely check Daylio out!

Weigh-in for me tomorrow. In the afternoon, I'm videochatting with 2 friends and we're cooking chicken cutlets for the week together. One of them has very little cooking experience, so it's kind of like a mini virtual class.

It was pretty rainy today so I hope tomorrow is brighter. I'd love to bring my book on my walk and read in the hammocks at the park - plus I think the rest periods are better for my foot to break up the walks.
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 483 Member
    edited May 2022
    Hello Everyone! My name is Lauren and I live in North Carolina. My weight has been up and down most of my life...but mostly up. After graduating graduate school last year, my life calmed down to where I was only working full time (during school, I was working full time, school full time, clinicals, and wife). I am not moving as much at my new job and definitely eating more. I joined this group last month. My goal for this month is to track ALL my food every day. I slacked off on that recently and was in for a rude awakening when I tracked my food today. I thought I "did good" and then saw I ate almost 1800 calories! My goal is 1600 calories. I wonder how many calories I actually eat if I "did bad." I enjoy reading everyone's posts and hope to get more inspiration for this month. I am getting over a cold/allergies and am hoping to get back to the gym soon!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,030 Member
    Well - Monday down! I kept to my promise for exercise today, and thank @Gidgitgoescrazy again for the inspiration (aka kick in the butt!). I had a huge supper, but it was all veg and fit in the calories nicely, so I won't be waking up wondering if it is breakfast time at 3 am. At least I hope not!

Weigh-in update time! Still due for today:
    @BlissfulK
    @kathrynartis2271
    @sophsjw

Our sole owner of Tuesday:
    @Kali225

Thanks!
  • jugar
    @ashleycarole86 and I have been thinking about having a team meet-up video call. We have done this a couple of times in the past, but not for quite a while. What do you think?
    hdvgf0zdx3h3.png

What about Saturday? The 7th. If it is at 10 am in Alberta, noon in Eastern time, 1 pm in Brazil, 5 pm in the UK, 6 in Europe. Somewhere in that general span could work. I'm sure we have members in other time zones as well, but that is about the full range, I think.

Chime in here if you would like to give it a try :smiley:
  • deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 766 Member
    edited May 2022
    @MoonlitMuse & @ashleycarole86
    Thank you for your kind words. 🙂
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,127 Member
    edited May 2022
    micki48 wrote: »
    Have you heard of elephant ears? Rest assured, it is not a real elephant ear. 😂 Just a large, cinnamon, sugary, airy pastry.

Sure have! I love fair food. The Calgary Stampede does wild and wacky fair food every year. The amazing part is that any made it back from the trip ;)
  • ashleycarole86
    Well folks.. it's that time again!

The April step challenge has come to a close. Here are the results from week 4 and the month as a whole. Thanks to all who joined us and looking forward to a great May:

kjkcx96f4ybl.png
  • ashleycarole86
    jugar wrote: »
    @ashleycarole86 and I have been thinking about having a team meet-up video call. We have done this a couple of times in the past, but not for quite a while. What do you think?
    hdvgf0zdx3h3.png

What about Saturday? The 7th. If it is at 10 am in Alberta, noon in Eastern time, 1 pm in Brazil, 5 pm in the UK, 6 in Europe. Somewhere in that general span could work. I'm sure we have members in other time zones as well, but that is about the full range, I think.

Chime in here if you would like to give it a try :smiley:

Woot woot! Hope this works out. I know when the last call happened I was very new to the team, and it was nice to put some voices to names!

@bowens1973 will join us too if Saturday works out
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    @DD265 that allotment is huge! I can definitely understand the 'digging-ache'! It's going to be amazing.
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Happy Morning Team, My yesterday went well, I checked off all the boxes. Well except the one where I was going to clean the bathroom, but it didn't officially have a box, it was just an "I need to do this, when I get home" thought. So I will do it tonight. I did my Yoga, and I did a 20 minute video.

This morning was productive, I had 3.5k steps before 6.30am... Thats alot for me. I did a 20 min video

Anyway, this evening is busy, I have to run to my old job after work, and do an exit interview and hand over the keys, I forgot to give them on my last day.

Then today is strength training, I created a little program based on an article I read years ago to get ready for a cruise, and it was just body weight exercises for like a minute at a time, for like 15 minutes, it worked well then, it took inches off my waist in no time. So I am going to start with that again. Lots of Squats and planks.

When I did yoga last night, it had me do Half hunaman... MY GOODNESS my hamstrings are tight, Like they have never been this tight, I couldn't come close to flexing my foot, or straightening my knee... The dr told me everything would be tight after the surgery, and I guess not really stretching the way I used to for 6 months, makes a big difference... I had to break out the blocks because my short arms couldn't do it with no flexibility... Anyway, I will get there...

Have a wonderful day !

• jugar
    Happy Tuesday!
    What a wonderfully busy bunch you are - the gardens, the lifting, the renovations, steps, exercise, hamstrings, and energy drink crazies. Phew! I'm ready for a nap just reading all that. @conleywoods I am sure you'll figure out the best way to handle the food zigzags - just knowing you need to plan it all in, even if it involves last minute changes, is what it takes. Good luck with it! And if one day is not perfect, the next one will be :smiley:

I'll keep figuring out the video thing for Saturday - if anyone is a super whiz at setting these up, let me know!!
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 601 Member
    Re-reading my own post, "who knew I was capable" - that's a joke, but of course; I know I'm capable! Because I've lost the weight before! I got down to 180lbs. I can do it again. AND keep going. So that's my motivational bit for the day. Happy Tuesday, folks.
  • MoonlitMuse
    MoonlitMuse Posts: 88 Member
    So I decided to join 'real appeal' through my insurance. It's a year long weight loss program (broken into 2 6-month periods) with weekly live classes. I'm doing this partly to help keep me motived and partly to get ideas for leading weight management classes here at work (why reinvent the wheel, right?) I'll keep you guys updated on this, but so far I think it's going to be a good thing :)

Also - the schedule got finalized for the Front Range Yoga Fest and I'm soooooo excited to be teaching there! Now I have to put together a killer slow burn class and my 'learn to fly' arm balance workshop. I'm super nervous about having good and memorable classes, so I need to get cracking. I'm just about finished with my 500hr yoga teacher training (well, 300hr since I've had my 200hr for years) so that will be put to good use!

And I have a 40 minute easy run on the schedule tonight but I'm still kind of sore from Sunday's run. Pray the gods of muscle fatigue take it easy on me :D

@lauren_989 Where in NC are you? I've got my heart and soul set on relocating to the Asheville area someday. It felt like home when I spent some time there in the past

@jugar I'd love to do live calls but weekends just never seem to work for me but I love you idea!

@micki48 omg....elephant ears...be still be heart <3 Those things are a must have at the fair. Here on the rez though no one has heard of them because it's all about the frybread (which is just too heavy tbh)

@ashleycarole86 So I'm really torn on the Calgary Stampede. I've been told my (almost) 15 year old wannabe-cowboy would love it since we're only a few hours away from there, BUT I've also ready atrocious things about the treatment of animals there and since I'm the crazy (but not quite PETA level) animal person, I've shunned the idea of going. What are your thoughts on it?

@DD265 You are going to have a killer crop! I'm going to garden vicariously through you since it's not an option for me here (yet). I can't wait to see progress pics on it as everything comes together!

This discussion has been closed.