May 5

13»

Replies

• Caroline_slowandsteady
    Caroline_slowandsteady Posts: 842 Member
    @ideas2 Re Brian Wansink - the excellent podcast Maintenance Phase did a debunking episode on him - https://maintenancephase.buzzsprout.com/1411126/8891391-school-lunches-p-hacking-and-the-original-pizzagate
    But I think the basic point of eating more when you are distracted still stands.
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,023 Member
    edited May 2022
    @loopydo2017 Happy Anniversary!!!

May 5th
    Exercise no
    Tracked yes
    Calories yes
    Passes used up.

May UAC goals: 0/5 days. Hopefully, I will start to post some successful days of reaching the goals.

• Caroline_slowandsteady
    Caroline_slowandsteady Posts: 842 Member
    May 5 - still on track!
    Exercise: 45 minute walk, 20 minutes stretching
    Tracking: Planned they day
    Calories: Mostly followed the plan, tracked all deviations

Re: exercise - I really do find that exercise just makes me hungrier when I do a lot of exercise, which hasn't happened for a while.

Re: treats - I have really struggled with that lately! I think for right now I have come to some peace with the treats that are in my house. I have a spouse and kids who have a lot of snacky foods, so I can't just say "I don't have it in the house."

How I get by it are to allow treats/snacks but limit them. It's a balance - but if I don't allow myself some I will do it anyway. I plan everything in advance. Sometimes the snacks are written into the daily plan - I will have some pita chips with lunch or something like that. Sometimes I give in and supplement my planned food with some extra - I track all of that and leave a few hundred calories in case of that. And then I get a treat every night as a bedtime snack - so if there is something especially new and delicious, like my wife goes to a bakery and gets cookies - that winds up being consumed during that time. Otherwise I have a standard cookie that I keep, or next week I am going to switch back to my summer standard bedtime treat which is a yasso yogurt pop. That keeps me feeling not deprived.

I just fell down on all of that April 15 - May 1, but I've been back on track for the last 5 days so ...
  • SilverSage1
    SilverSage1 Posts: 54 Member
    I made it through another day.

Exercise - ✅ my workday ended early yesterday, so I went to the gym in the middle of the afternoon. Did 50 minutes on the treadmill. Later, did a yoga class for another hour. No weights - I usually take a day off from those on yoga days.

Tracking - ✅

Calories - ✅ thank goodness was for exercise calories! Our HOA had a Cinco de Mayo party last night (funny that we Americans seem to think Cinco de Mayo is actually a big Mexican holiday🤣). Fortunately, it was a build-your-own taco bar, so I was able to be very selective. Since the actual food was catered by Chipotle (a national chain boasting its fresh food for those around the globe), the calorie counts were easy to find online. But, with all the exercise, I still had 138 calories to spare.

Still at 1/3 pass days.

No, to quote a friend, you can’t exercise away a bad diet, but if you eat mindfully, exercise can give you some leeway to enjoy foods that might otherwise be problematic for you.

Tonight will be a different problem. Another party, this time at a friend’s home. This is going to be very meat/cheese/bread heavy - not the way I normally eat anymore. All I can do is try…..
  • hopefaithlifts
    hopefaithlifts Posts: 36 Member
    May 5

Exercise ✅
    Calories ✅
    Tracked ✅

1/3 Pass Days (May 2 )
  • enlightenme3
    enlightenme3 Posts: 2,479 Member
    ✅ Exercise - 1 hour of Jazzercise and neighborhood walk
    ✅ Calories -
    ✅ Tracking -

Closed all my Apple watch rings today
    1 Pass days used

Documenting consistency (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)
    UAC: P-2-3-4-5

Great question about treats. I have a lot of treats around the house and I also make a lot of treats so some discipline is required to not constantly reach for them. When it is a "new to me" treat, I do tend to have a bit of FOMO and have a hard time not trying them out. That newness can last a number of days and I really have to remind myself about not making it a habit of eating those particular treats. Once the treats become part of the normal rotation in the pantry or the refrigerator, for whatever reason I can usually make a rational decision as to whether they're worth the calories or not at that moment in time.

Tonight at our Driveway Drinks with the neighbors, some folks brought a bunch of Cinco de Mayo treats (chips, queso, bean dip, guacamole) and I could not resist the queso. It's not something I would generally make nor get eating out. So FOMO kicked in... I did log it and came in exactly one calorie under my limit.
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    May 5, 2022
    Exercise? No (I don't get my walks in when I drive to work... and drive to work I did today. :( )
    Tracking? Yes
    Calories? No
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,495 Member
    This snacking thing is hard for me but getting easier. Hubby and kids are big snackers. But yes just normal Snacks in house I can sometimes totally ignore. I do think it’s FOMO for me also.
    3 yeses-no pass days used yet
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,041 Member
    Yes x3. 15th wedding anniversary today. It was a pretty low key celebration, but so nice to spend time together and enjoy the beautiful evening.

Happy Anniversary to you and your spouse! 💐 @loopydo2017
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,041 Member
    seilidhe wrote: »
    May 5, 2022
    Exercise? No (I don't get my walks in when I drive to work... and drive to work I did today. :( )
    Tracking? Yes
    Calories? No

Great to see you posting! Well done 🌸🌺🌻
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,801 Member
    5/5
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 👍🏻
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? 👍🏻
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? 👍🏻

(Documenting consistency (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)
    UAC: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-22-23-24-25-26-27-28

May goals
    1 Miracle Morning ~ S.A.V.E.R.S
    2 Wake up EARLY for meditation
    3 Yoga (5/6 times weekly)
    4. Minimum sweets (work them in my calorie goal)
    5. 30 day squat challenge 6. No late night snacking
    7. Daily journal logging
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,280 Member
    5/5
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 👍🏻
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? 👍🏻
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? 👍🏻

(Documenting consistency (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)
    UAC: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-22-23-24-25-26-27-28

5. 30 day squat challenge

I like your spoiler. Do you do it every month?
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Yes x3. 15th wedding anniversary today. It was a pretty low key celebration, but so nice to spend time together and enjoy the beautiful evening.

Happy Anniversary!
    jkudrjtlk9tk.gif
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,350 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,801 Member
    @victorious55, I try first thing in the morning, after Pete and Parker’s walk.
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    yesx3