peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Happy Tuesday, Downsizers!

5/9:
    Calories: 1,177
    Exercise: Recovery day
    Steps: 7,288

I took the day off from exercising yesterday - I hadn't taken a day off in 5 weeks. Do you ever feel guilty when you take an exercise break? I did yesterday!

@Jpedno Excellent job on the spin class! I love your friend's motivational quote!

@roz0810 It happens - but today is a brand new start - come back here for motivation - we will be cheering you on!

@jimboden3 It's so nice to have some family home for the summer!

@lindamtuck2018 How are you feeling today? I hope you are better!

@Morethanjustanumber Great steps! Congrats!

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Cara
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,485 Member
    Options
    peng123 wrote: »
    Happy Tuesday, Downsizers!

5/9:
    Calories: 1,177
    Exercise: Recovery day
    Steps: 7,288

I took the day off from exercising yesterday - I hadn't taken a day off in 5 weeks. Do you ever feel guilty when you take an exercise break? I did yesterday!

Cara

I am feeling better. I do feel guilty. I think with me I love the burns I get from working out so it’s hard to skip them. I am starting to realize my body needs the rest.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
  • peng123
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 I'm so sorry about your husband's test results - I hope his doctors are able to help. I understand the urge to eat emotions - is it possible for you to try to stop the binge before it starts by telling yourself that the binge won't make you feel better in the long-term?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,055 Member
    Options
    pq39fgg8xfaa.jpg

Here is my 2nd reminder of the people's steps I need for May week 1 ... Please have them in by this evening 5/10...I will have no choice but to zero them out if I do not have them in ...Thanks for understanding

@red1185 5/1 - 5/7
    @tahm42 5/1- 5/7
    @aactuallyaash 5/1 - 5/7
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Question of the day

Do you differentiate food as health or unhealthy? Do you think all food is ok but in moderation? Why?

I feel sometimes foods need to be labeled as unhealthy and removed from you until you gain the power to moderate those particular trigger foods. Then it is OK to bring them back safely.
  • rwood566
    Options
    Post a motivational quote to help get everyone’s week started!

Sometimes the reward you choose is harder on you than your journey to get there. Just remember it is still the REWARD!
  • rwood566
    Options
    Good morning everyone. I got home last night after complications set in.i was supposed to be home Friday but I got lightheaded and blacked out. A bit better Saturday and felt OK on Sunday but they kept me thru Monday to replace my suction pumps. I did pretty good on my hospital eating since I didn't have visitors. Eating extra this morning but logging it and choosing good things. I get my drains out next Monday, hopefully.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Good morning everyone. I got home last night after complications set in.i was supposed to be home Friday but I got lightheaded and blacked out. A bit better Saturday and felt OK on Sunday but they kept me thru Monday to replace my suction pumps. I did pretty good on my hospital eating since I didn't have visitors. Eating extra this morning but logging it and choosing good things. I get my drains out next Monday, hopefully.

I am so glad to hear from you. Sorry about the complications. I hope the rest of your recovery is complication free.
  • aactuallyaash
    aactuallyaash Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

1-3793
    2-7333
    3-6116
    4-8230
    5-10003
    6-5705
    7-4931

Thanks!
  • aactuallyaash
    aactuallyaash Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

aactuallyaash
    Tuesday
    PW :213
    CW:214.2
  • peng123
    Options
    @rwood566 Welcome back! I have been thinking about you and hoping that all has been well! How are you feeling? How did it go?
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,409 Member
    Options
    calories-under
    exercise- 160 minutes
    steps 15,258
  • rwood566
    Options
    @peng123 i'm doing ok. trying to get out and walk some with a walker. not a lot of pain but some. a lot of snacking but i am working on limiting it to one piece at a time. a lot of skin is gone from my upper inner thigh areas. don't know how much yet since my dr didn't visit during the weekend.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @rwood566 sorry you had some complications ...Glad you are not in a lot of pain and are able to get out and walk a little bit with a walker .. wishing you a speedy recovery :)
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    thank you for the kind words. I'm back on it and I know I'll definitely have a gain on weigh in day Thursday but it's ok! I'm making better choices now.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    We are off for our walk ... I will check in later :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @peng123
    Congrats on the loss and entering a new decade. Binge eating is one of the hardest things I have overcome. People often use the term binged when it comes to food in many different ways. Some will say, I binged on a bag of chips last night, I binged on my Christmas dinner, etc. There is a big difference between overeating and binge eating. When you have binge eating disorder, the definition of a binge is very large amounts of food over a short time. You can consume 1000’s of calories over an hour or two. It’s more of a compulsion. With me sometimes focusing on the compulsion can make the binge worse. There are all kinds of factors that lead to a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. One of my biggest triggers for binge eating is stress. Also, skipping meals or my evening snack sets me up to binge. I did do a year of therapy several years ago at the eating disorder clinic here in London as an outpatient but it still rears it’s ugly head on occasion. I have had a few binges over the last week so it’s time to dig out my resources from therapy and make a plan. Sorry for the long, unasked for explanation.

@aactuallyaash
    Awesome stepping! Look at you breaking 10k on Thursday.

@cormierannie
    I guess there was lots of dancing yesterday. Fantastic exercise!

@roz0810
    Just think you have a clean slate each day you wake up.

@rwood566
    How are you feeling today?

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Enjoy!
This discussion has been closed.