Downsizers Team Chat - MAY 2022

Replies

• peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    @lindamtuck2018 I don't know if this would help - but - have you ever heard of The Beck Diet Solution? It's a book about cognitive therapy for weight loss - and it definitely deals with binge eating. You read a small chapter each day for six weeks - or however long you'd like - and you learn a new skill each day. It has a workbook that you can purchase as well. I have not tried it - but - I have a lot of friends who swear by it. Maybe it could be of some help to you?
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,483 Member
    Steps: 15,164
    Exercise: laps, water aerobics and 25 minute walks.

I went for a walk yesterday. We walked to the market and then shopped. We then went to the drugstore and wandered around there also. So it was 25 minutes walking to the stores and about another 30 minutes shopping. Once again I overdid it. I should have sat down on my walker more than I did. My back is so mad at me today but it was worth getting out. I think I will take it easy today and get back to exercise tomorrow. I do have a lot of housework to do. We will see!
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 5/10
    Step count 9201
  • lindamtuck2018
    peng123 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018 I don't know if this would help - but - have you ever heard of The Beck Diet Solution? It's a book about cognitive therapy for weight loss - and it definitely deals with binge eating. You read a small chapter each day for six weeks - or however long you'd like - and you learn a new skill each day. It has a workbook that you can purchase as well. I have not tried it - but - I have a lot of friends who swear by it. Maybe it could be of some help to you?

Cognitive behaviour therapy is a great way to deal with many issues. I have used it for my anxiety, binge eating and for dealing with the pain. I do have the workbook but I can’t find my book. I wonder if I can use just the workbook. 🤔 I am going to start looking at it today. Another book I am determined to start reading is Atomic habits. Thanks for reminding me.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Have you read any good self help books lately?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,048 Member
    Just got back from our 190 minute 6.94 mile walk ...quite breezy this morning
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,048 Member
    77zquuke0oqs.jpg

MAY WEEK 1 RESULTS
    TOP 5 STEPPERS ARE:

1st @Megan_smartiepants1970 119, 520 steps
    2nd @peng123 110,994 steps
    3nd @lindamtuck2018 74,750 steps
    4th @Jpedno 56,986 steps
    5th @Morethanjustanumber 56,181 steps
    GREAT JOB EVERYONE :):):)
    As A Group We Walked 503, 087 steps
    WELL DONE EVERYONE :):):):)

RECOGNIZING EVERYONE WHO PLEDGED THEIR STEPS:

@lindamtuck2018 6/7
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 7/7
    @rwood566 4/7
    @peng123 7/7
    @Morethanjustanumber 7/7
    @Jpedno 5/7
    @aactuallyaash 3/7
    @Cheesy567 7/7
    AMAZING JOB EVERYONE :):):):):)
  • aactuallyaash
    aactuallyaash Posts: 280 Member
    @lindamtuck2018
    Thanks for sharing some of your story!
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    edited May 2022
    Good evening all. I hope you all are killing your week.
    Calories - about 1750. Way to much snacking but it is piece by piece and I tried to log it all.
    I am trying to do more things to build up my stamina. Started cooking breakfast for daughter to say thank you for all she did over the weekend. I lasted about 10 minutes, which got most of it done. Did some dishes after lunch and checked the mail. Got a good washing which felt great. Overall, on my feet more but stayed inside. Family won't let me go shopping around the corner. One good sign, no aspirin today.
  • jayenguk
    jayenguk Posts: 355 Member
    hi guys the prodigal son returns …I have struggled so much with sticking to this I have just changed jobs so I think the stress just got to me …trying again so far so good I feel more settled in my job and I have put on so much weight its unreal and amazing how fast it goes on....so been back to the gym and been sticking to my diet like glue. I need to lose this weight and get back into my fitness ...sorry I let you all down recently hugsss x
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    username: roz0810
    Weigh In Day: Thursday
    PW: 261.4
    CW: 269

As expected after the binge days I've had! This week and next week I'll try my best again and get back on it for good!
  • lindamtuck2018
    jayenguk wrote: »
    hi guys the prodigal son returns …I have struggled so much with sticking to this I have just changed jobs so I think the stress just got to me …trying again so far so good I feel more settled in my job and I have put on so much weight its unreal and amazing how fast it goes on....so been back to the gym and been sticking to my diet like glue. I need to lose this weight and get back into my fitness ...sorry I let you all down recently hugsss x

You never let us down. I am glad to see you back. Your right, weight goes on way faster than it comes off. If you give me a current weight, I can use that as your starting weight for May.
  • lindamtuck2018
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening all. I hope you all are killing your week.
    Calories - about 1750. Way to much snacking but it is piece by piece and I tried to log it all.
    I am trying to do more things to build up my stamina. Started cooking breakfast for daughter to say thank you for all she did over the weekend. I lasted about 10 minutes, which got most of it done. Did some dishes after lunch and checked the mail. Got a good washing which felt great. Overall, on my feet more but stayed inside. Family won't let me go shopping around the corner. One good sign, no aspirin today.

Take it slowly. You will get stronger every day.

roz0810 wrote: »
    username: roz0810
    Weigh In Day: Thursday
    PW: 261.4
    CW: 269

As expected after the binge days I've had! This week and next week I'll try my best again and get back on it for good!

Some of that is bloat from the binges. Do you have any strategies for avoiding a binge?
  • lindamtuck2018
    @lindamtuck2018
    Thanks for sharing some of your story!

Your welcome.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Steps: 5,554
    Exercise: none

I didn’t exercise but I did housework and took sometime to work on the decluttering of my closets and storage room. It’s something I have been working on little by little. I need to organize the stuff I am getting rid of and take it to the goodwill.

I won’t get to the pool the next two days. I have my sick granddaughter with me as her parents have to work. She has been rapid tested multiple times and she doesn’t have Covid. I still don’t want to catch what she has so I am going to try and keep space between us and disinfect as much as I can.
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 5/11
    Step count 7974
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Happy Thursday, Downsizers!

5/11:
    Exercise: 70 minutes elliptical
    Steps: 16,051

I went for a 6.7-mile jog today - felt great! I'm starting to come to terms with the fact that I probably have some plastic surgery in my future.

@Morethanjustanumber Impressive steps!!

In fact, congratulations to all of our amazing steppers! Great job!

@lindamtuck2018 I checked with one of my friends and you can use the workbook without the book.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 What a great walk yesterday - huge distance!

@rwood566 It sounds like your recovery is progressing well - I had no doubts that you would come through the surgery with flying colors - such a great sign that you don't need aspirin today - you continue to amaze!

@jayenguk The struggle is real and we are here to support you - dust yourself off and get right back onto plan - you will never disappoint us or let us down! Welcome back!

@roz0810 Binges happen - you are back and focusing on your plan - that's what's important!

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Cara
This discussion has been closed.