VSG in the future

Options
JOToole2021
JOToole2021 Posts: 1 Member
Hello, I am beginning the process for WLS, specifically VSG surgery. I am nervous and scared. I really need to hear the positives of having this surgery, many people have provided me the negatives. Help?

Answers

• Babigirl31
    Babigirl31 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I hope your recovering well and have adjusted to your new journey.
  • hampstead1611
    hampstead1611 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Totally understood that you’re nervous. I am a little over 1 week post-op and wanted to provide some positives:
    1. In one week, it’s so much easier to move. My inflammation is completely gone.
    2. I’m getting phenomenal sleep.
    3. My day doesn’t revolve around food stress. Not what I’m going to eat, what people think about what I’m eating, nothing.
    4. I’m already seeing scale results.
    That’s just a week. I’m genuinely excited to see where this goes. You got this.
  • kaylagrieshop
    kaylagrieshop Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Had my surgery June 1st. So far so good! Had some soreness like I had done a bunch of sit ups. But never had any pain. So I feel I was lucky. Deff had lots of gas and got up and walked around once an hour when I was awake and all gas discomfort was gone by day 2. Got home got super lucky with zero nausea until last week post op week 5 I caved and ate a spoonful of cookie dough and got instant dumping syndrome the feeling lasted about 10-15 minutes then I had the poops for another 10 minutes and was back to normal. Stick to sugar free fudge pops. Lol meeting protein goals can be tough but take it one day at a time. You got this! We all do!