Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - MAY 2022

Replies

• FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 515 Member
    Life is a bit stressful for a lot of people right now. I wish you all the best. This is where those emotional lessons are supposed to kick in. But I have noticed that even for me, it's hard to pause and remember. Those old habits are so ingrained. First line of defense when hungry is to drink something that does not contain sugar. Lol this finally kicked in today. I also try to drink a big glass before eating my normal meals, so I feel full sooner.

I had that procedure done on Friday and it really stressed me out which gave me a flare. I did not know that a tube with sensors on it could be put up one's nose and down into their stomach. I will get my results on June 16th. But yesterday I was ravenous and today was going to be the same, I'm drinking my iced tea today. I've been eating an extra bite of this and that. But I must remember that I am the driver and to keep both hands on the wheel. 🚙 Easier said than done that's for sure!!!
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 475 Member
    @TeresaW1020 good for you for advocating for Joe’s health! It is a tough road that you are hoeing, but he definitely needs someone in his corner. Much love and support is being sent your way❤️❤️

@vegan4lyfe2012 can I just say I have never heard that saying before and am totally going to use it!! Losing weight is never in a straight line, I know my graph sure wasn’t! I know you are struggling right now, really thinking about you and sending good thoughts your way!

Fushiakat You are so right, we definitely are the drivers, and we can go over the line a little bit every once in a while, It’s all part of driving😜

It was a beautiful day here, so I spent most of the day outside as it is supposed to rain for the next few days. This sunshine and rain should get my grass growing and hopefully get the bushes growing that I planted last year.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,862 Member
    @leonadixon Congrats on the loss!

@TeresaW1020 Right now, the pineapple is so sweet and delicious! Go get ya some! I'm so sorry about what's going on with Joe. I hope the primary can give you some answers. Congrats on a good eating and fasting day and indeed, one day at a time!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Don't worry about your number, that happens to everyone. Just feel better. I'm sorry life is giving you the finger right now, I hope things get better soon! Hugs.

@FushiaKat Drinking a big glass of water before meals is a great idea. I hope you get some answers with the results of the procedure. Hang in there!

@laurelfit57 I'm glad you got some good weather before the storm.

Hi all. I'm hanging in there. I had every intention of staying within my WW points yesterday and getting that WW blue dot but the chicken I thought we had in the refrigerator for dinner was still in the freezer and couldn't be cooked so we had to have our backup frozen meal, General Tso's Chicken (I added broccoli) + potstickers. This put me over my points for the day. I won't be able to eat within my points today, either, as I have leftovers from dinner for lunch which means a lot of WW points for lunch + the dinner I had planned for tonight is high in points. But that's okay, I've got this and I will do better tomorrow.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    btu30wtvlul3.jpg

Good morning Team! As you all know, I have been dealing with a lot of stuff now that I'm learning how to be my husband's caregiver for all his ongoing health issues. I don't see an end to the new life I am trying to learn and accept. And that is OK! I'm strong and have a really big God that is going to help me adjust to this new normal and whatever else comes along.

Having said all that, I have been feeling a lot of guilt that I can no longer captain this team as I would like to. I don't have the time and frankly, I don't have the energy. And you deserve better! So, I have reached out to our awesome motivator @trooworld and she has graciously agreed to step up as your new captain!

I know she is going to do a great job as she continues to support each of you in your weight loss journey. And I am NOT going anywhere! I have no plans to leave this wonderful team that I have been a part of for over three years.

So, please join me in giving a @trooworld a HUGE thank you for taking over as your new Slimpossible captain!! <3:)
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    edited May 2022
    @trooworld Chris - thank you so much for stepping up as new co-captain for the amazing Slimpossibles! I'll need your email address (gmail preferable if you have one) to give you editing access to the spreadsheets, so please message that to me and I'll get you all set up. Any time you have any questions or need a hand, don't hesitate to let me know!

Of course, a million thanks to @TeresaW1020 for her beautiful leadership as well. This is a time of big changes and even bigger challenges, and I know you'll meet them with grace and generosity. Many hugs flying your way :heart:
  • FushiaKat
    Weekly weigh in
    Username. FushiaKat
    Weigh in day. Tuesday
    PW. 157.2
    CW. 156.6

I fully expected to gain weight this week. I can do better, but... but.... I really want to eat that extra popcorn and fruit. Arg! This should be easier after all this time. Ok I want to be at 155 next week I will work towards that. I'm a bit tired of going to the doctor's, I had a Wellness exam and Bloodwork done today. On Friday I talk to the Nurse, Saturday I'm getting my new Crown at the dentist. Next week a mammogram. I have Stage 3 kidney disease; I have no idea what that means I guess I will look it up.
  • FushiaKat
    @TeresaW1020 I'm sorry that Joe is not doing better. He should come first in your life, you made the right decision, even if it was a difficult one. I'm glad that you will still be here with us. You did an outstanding job as co-captain and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. 💖

@trooworld Thank you for stepping up and being our new co-captain. I promise not to be a difficult Team Member and to weigh-in on time. 😁
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 475 Member
    @trooworld sometimes life just gets in the way of our best intentions! I know you’ve got this. Yay trooworld on your captaincy ❤️. Thanks so much for leading the helm!

@TeresaW1020 I am so glad that you are taking the time to focus on you and Joe! Definitely thinking about the two of you!

@Fushiakat Huge congrats on your loss! You are almost down to the bottom half of the 150s!

Not the best day yesterday and today for eating, I’m afraid this job hunting is stressing me out. I am going to a dinner theatre for brunch tomorrow with a friend, so I’m afraid my eating won’t be much better😩. Need to get back on track
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,004 Member
    Happy Wed Slims!

@TeresaW1020 - Why are hospitals still so bad at discharging people properly?! It stinks that you had to go through all of that- but kudos for taking charge and getting the caths. I wish you well at the primary appointment and hope that you get some answers. I'm glad you are stepping down so you can care for yourself and for Joe too. You have been a terrific captain! Thank you! I can't tell you how glad I am that you are staying in the group!!!! I would miss you a lot if you left!

@trooworld - THANK YOU! for stepping up! Much appreciated! Now make that blue dot happen today. The good part is that you still tracked. Maybe you would have eaten more if you weren't tracking. And you did not order a pizza, so that's a win!

@FushiaKat - goodness you are doing a lot of doctoring right now. I'm sure you'll be glad when that is over. You are killing it on the loss, so I don't think that popcorn is hurting you at all.

@laurelfit57 - Job hunting is stressful. Have fun at the theater and then get back to your plan!

I actually had work to do for my job, so I was out of the house doing it the last two days. My work has dropped off quite a bit during the pandemic. Not sure if it will rebound or not. I am also looking for a job. Which is disappointing because I love this job- it's very flexible and I hate to give that up. However, money is nice too. I haven't done exercise but walking the past two days. Time to get back on that today. I've been having a bit of trouble sleeping and prowling around the house at night eating. NOT GOOD LISA! Will be working on that too. I need to get my act together as I've been gaining and losing the same 2 pounds all year.

Lisa
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 Thank you for showing what a great leader looks like. You've done an awesome job for 3 years and now it's time to put family first for a bit! I am so sorry that things are so stressful for you right now. I hope Joe's health improves so you can focus on your health as well. I am glad you will still be part of the team. We all need you to stay on! :D

@jugar I believe we have to be friends for you to get my message so I sent a friends request that includes my email address (a gmail account). Thanks for your support!

@FushiaKat Congrats on the loss! I'm sorry for the medical issues. LOL you aren't a difficult member, I don't think we have any of those luckily! :D

@laurelfit57 You are right, sometimes life gets us! Thank you so much. Ugh job hunting...that's the worst. I hope you find something soon. Enjoy brunch with your friend!

@Cornanda Thank you! I am determined to track, if I don't, I'm just fooling myself, nobody else and in the end it hurts me. I hope you can find a job quickly, both you and @laurelfit57. You've got this!

Hi all. Thanks for your support. I promise to be supportive of you and if you need anything, please let me know!

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,895 Member
    @TeresaW1020 Thank you for your leadership of the group. You have done a great job!
    @trooworld Thank you for stepping up to take over as captain!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,534 Member
    Here's the link to sign up for the 7 day belly dancing class, each one is about 12 minutes so it's not too bad, I just did the last one and it put all the previous days together and was really fun: https://dance.sahirabellydances.com/jumpstart She has a cymbal (Zills) class coming up that starts on the 23rd.

@trooworld Thank you so much for becoming our team captain, I know you'll do a wonderful job! @TeresaW1020 You better not be going anywhere, I hope you'll still be posting here when you can!

I'm coming out of a flare, didn't get as bad as I usually did but nights are the worst for me and that's when I catch up here and have been in bed at night. Started physical therapy today, he thinks my upper back is overcompensating for my lower back fusions which is why it goes out and doesn't think I'll need PT for long. Yesterday I did my oral surgery consultation, two days of talking about my health and money is more than depressing especially when not feeling good it's hard not to feel like I'm drowning. I'll get back to responding more tomorrow after my board meeting. Have a great Thursday everyone!

• GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,114 Member
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Thursday
    PW: 135
    CW: 136
    We made it overseas and have been eating continuously for days now 😂. Saturday we will travel 19h so next weight day could potentially be anywhere.
    Life is good… and very tasty 😋.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,004 Member
    @trooworld - did you get your blue dot?

@Katmary71 - I hope he's right that you don't need PT for long. Yes, talking about health and the money it will cost is depressing. You are very good at managing your condition. You got this! Thanks for the dancing link.

@GabiV125 - Have fun the rest of your trip and wishing you safe travels home.

Well, Slims, I did not get back to exercise yesterday. I took a long walk, but no step or weights. I felt kind of crappy all day and my stomach was upset. Which happens when I don't sleep. As I'm sure you all know insomnia has many side effects. I slept very well last night! Will put up a good day today and keep moving forward.

Found out yesterday I was exposed to Covid at work Mon/Tues. I'm not particularly worrried, but I was going to run some errands today and now I guess I'll stay home.

It's actually been nice having my son home. He seems to have left the teenage surly attitude behind. (hopefully it won't show up again lol). Maybe he's relieved and feeling good that school is over for him? Whatever the reason, I'm enjoying it!

Lisa

• trooworld
    @Katmary71 I'm sorry about the flare. I hope the PT helps. Hugs.

@GabiV125 I'm glad you are eating some tasty foods and enjoying yourself. What kinds of yummy foods are you eating?

@Cornanda Thanks for asking. No, I have not gotten a blue dot all week. :/ I need to snap out of it. I'm going in the wrong direction! :( You don't consider a long walk exercise? I'm sorry about feeling crappy. I'm glad you got some good sleep I hope it helped. Fingers crossed you don't have COVID. I'm glad you are enjoying time with your son.

Hi all. I hope your day is going well. I'm working from home today so things should be more in control. I'm going to do some planning for next week to make sure I get my WW blue dots!

• trooworld
    3x0sczuzhunn.jpg
  • judiasverdes
    judiasverdes Posts: 14 Member
    judiasverdes
    Thursday
    PW: 167
    CW: 165.7

Didn't do as much exercise this week, but my eating has stayed in line, thankfully.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,126 Member
    Sorry about being MIA, then coming on with a bad attitude. Lots of things happening in my life - good things like my youngest signing her first apartment lease with a move-in date of July 22nd. Yes, I will miss her tremendously, but she's 22 now and needs her own place. Then the sad - about to experience life as an empty-nester. I've been a mom since I was 21 years old. Never actually been alone, but I know I'm ready. I'm hoping once Hunter has moved out, then I won't be so tempted by all the junk food she's always bringing home. If I don't buy it, then it won't be in my house.

Since I've gained again, I decided I needed to do something different. I met up with my friend on Tuesday evening for some card making and chatting. She had gastric bypass about 4 years ago and has kept it off. She said she's only been able to because she logs everything. She's been using Healthi (used to be iTrackBites) and loves it. I checked it out and decided to give it a go...it's only $30 for an entire year. I took the quiz and it matched me with the Conquer Cravings plan. It's a total WW rip-off :smiley: but it's something a little different.

In the meantime, let's all make good choices and remember to have...

NO ZERO DAYS!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,534 Member
    @GabiV125 have a great time!

@Cornanda Glad you slept good last night, a long walk is still great exercise! I think sometimes we get used to doing a lot of exercise so that we discount the “smaller” stuff when really it's a lot. Glad you're having fun with your son, my mom said we leave when we're finally getting interesting once.

@trooworld I hope being home helps with the blue dot!

@vegan4lyfe2012 I haven't heard of Healthi, I hope you'll still be coming here too. That's a decent price, I hope it's just what you need. I can't imagine being an empty nester after so long but I do think it will help not having junk food around. I had a coupon for a free Big Gulp so I have to admit with a 7 11 on the corner it's very tempting to stop for a Diet Pepsi now! I used my free coupon then was going to use the second and couldn't find it, I'm back to kombucha instead today though.

Hi everyone, happy Thursday! We're up in the 90s already so summer is around the corner. I went out for fruit, I normally wait a little later in the season but thanks to @FushiaKat getting strawberries and cherries (thank you!) I'm on the summer fruit kick. I went to the store just for fruit today and came home with mangoes, strawberries, and blackberries. I made skinnytaste's Greek pasta salad and tomorrow I'm making broccoli salad for a neighborhood annual board meeting and potluck so this is definitely summer salad time around here. My therapy stretches/exercises aren't too bad, there's one that's already helping a lot then I just can't push it with some things I was hoping to get back to. Not much else new, had my charity board meeting tonight. My weight's up I'm assuming from inflammation from the flare but it's a little annoying when I haven't weighed for a month and have been sticking to 1400 calories to be up 3lbs. Anyhow, life goes on, have a great Friday! Funky Friday means a workout to Prince, The Time, Rick James, and taking it to Funkytown, woot woot!
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 285 Member
    davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 250
    CW: 249
This discussion has been closed.