Options

Replies

• Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 5/17
    Step count 8602

For veggies I usually have a large romaine lettuce salad for lunch with whatever veggies are in the frig, tomatoes, cukes, garden peas right now, sometimes an apple for dessert or with peanut butter if the salad didn’t have enough protein. Then usually 2-4 servings of veggies at night, last night it was beets and steamed cabbage. During strawberry season, I might have a cup of them for dessert, but it is getting too hot here for them much longer so I will switch to blueberries. I like most veggies and all fruit so I have to watch how much of it I eat!
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Hi folks - still traveling - just stopping by for my weigh-in - 138.7 - down .1 from last week - steps for 5/17 7,123 - looking forward to getting home! I hope you are all having a wonderful day!

Cara
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,069 Member
    Options
    Steps: 13,304
    Exercise: swim, water e exercises, legs, abs and stretching

I had a good workout yesterday. My speaker died so I only had music for half. Does anyone else find music motivates them while exercising? I am going to get some housework done and then head to the pool. It is going to be laps, arms, water exercises and stretching. As always, I will finish it off with a soak in the hot tub.

What a variety of fruits and veggies you all eat. A couple of you mentioned eggplant. I do like eggplant but never cooked it myself. How do you guys cook it?

I either roast it or saute it with tofu and I make eggplant parm
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Your LTD is correct on the spreadsheet. I didn’t have to make any changes.

Yeah I was talking to Liselyn about it yesterday saying I don't think my LTD is right but it was my fault and all is good now :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    3 hour walk and 6 miles ... much warmer today ..I am off to take a shower I am all sweaty
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Re: music - Instead of music I have been listening to podcasts during my runs. Music is great too but if I have a podcast with an engaging story I can just kind of run on autopilot.

and eggplant-- sometimes I cube it, roast in oven with olive oil/salt/pepper and put it on top of spaghetti. Or sauteed chunks with garlic. Otherwise cut into slices and grill or roast for eggplant Parm.

However, I love eggplant in Thai or Asian food. Not sure how it is cooked - steamed then stir fry in wok? The texture is great. Also love baba ghanoush. I haven't made it in years but maybe I will this year.
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Mmm, I love fruits and veggies but it tends to be seasonal and ebbs and flows with my energy levels, sometimes I have to go for really easy foods to prep or swallow so what I eat is dictated by that and not my palate (but fruits and veggies are included in there too, just different ones) Lately I’ve been having frozen berries in yogurt, apples, and sharing some oranges with the oriels. In the later spring and summer I have a lot of kale (my raised bed is shady and kale & peas grow all summer and into fall), spinach, onions, kohlrabi, peas, fresh green beans (but I don’t log them if I eat them out in the garden, lol), cukes, chard, and PARSLEY. I eat parsley like a salad green when I can get enough, I’d turn green from it if I had free access and energy to wash and chop it all. I grow some potatoes, dill, mint, and sometimes the squirrels plant fun things like pumpkins and squash and whatnot. I don’t take the room to grow zucchini and squash otherwise because my friends all do and drop off so much 😉😂 I have rhubarb that I use as a savory item in lots of stews, raspberries that grow wild in the borders of my lot. I belong to a CSA, and once that’s up and running in June it’s a lot easier for me to eat a wide variety of freggies.
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, just checking in. I’ve been trying to focus on logging daily and doing better with it. Have been hitting my step goal more consistently this week too.

@rwood566, I hope they can figure out the lightheadedness for you. Did the doctors check your protein levels or anything like that after the surgery? Or have you touched base with your dietician since surgery? After I had a bigger surgery a few years ago, they wanted me to increase my protein while I was healing. It might be different for everyone though, depends on your kidneys and everything, you know?

@lindamtuck2018 I used to make eggplant in ratatouille, kind of like a veggie stew that you can serve over rice. I’d grill it too, but had to salt it first to draw out the water, then rinse off the salt.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 you are so consistent with your steps and weightloss!
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good hump day everyone. It looks like you all had better ones than I did. I washed up today and blacked out. Luckily my daughter held me against the wall as I slid down so I didn't get hurt. I spent a couple hours on my back. I have been sitting down the rest of the day.
    Calories - 2136 or close. I forgot the last 2 digits. Super high for me but I am going to see if eating that much instead of 1800 will help. I have to try ANYTHING I can think of.i am shooting off a couple messages tomorrow about today and see what they say.
    @Cheesy567 nobody has said anything about my eating but I have a video with a nutritionist friday next week.
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    username: roz0810
    Weigh In Day: Thursday
    PW: 269
    CW: 269.8

Loss: + 0.8
    Total loss: 3.6

Better than what the scale said a few days ago! Here's to a better week and seeing a big loss next week. I'll do my IF 18:6 or longer, drink lots of water and some exercise. Been off track too long now. Time to work this out!
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 5/18
    Step count 7238
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,485 Member
    Options
    Jpedno wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018

Re: music - Instead of music I have been listening to podcasts during my runs. Music is great too but if I have a podcast with an engaging story I can just kind of run on autopilot.

and eggplant-- sometimes I cube it, roast in oven with olive oil/salt/pepper and put it on top of spaghetti. Or sauteed chunks with garlic. Otherwise cut into slices and grill or roast for eggplant Parm.

However, I love eggplant in Thai or Asian food. Not sure how it is cooked - steamed then stir fry in wok? The texture is great. Also love baba ghanoush. I haven't made it in years but maybe I will this year.

I have thought about putting a podcast when I am in the pool but I find the music helps me get my heart rate up when doing my cardio. When I swim laps I play the game you can rest after 3 songs, ok you did that now 3 songs. I am going to start playing a podcast when I am in the hot tub after my swims. Thanks for the eggplant ideas.

Cheesy567 wrote: »
    Mmm, I love fruits and veggies but it tends to be seasonal and ebbs and flows with my energy levels, sometimes I have to go for really easy foods to prep or swallow so what I eat is dictated by that and not my palate (but fruits and veggies are included in there too, just different ones) Lately I’ve been having frozen berries in yogurt, apples, and sharing some oranges with the oriels. In the later spring and summer I have a lot of kale (my raised bed is shady and kale & peas grow all summer and into fall), spinach, onions, kohlrabi, peas, fresh green beans (but I don’t log them if I eat them out in the garden, lol), cukes, chard, and PARSLEY. I eat parsley like a salad green when I can get enough, I’d turn green from it if I had free access and energy to wash and chop it all. I grow some potatoes, dill, mint, and sometimes the squirrels plant fun things like pumpkins and squash and whatnot. I don’t take the room to grow zucchini and squash otherwise because my friends all do and drop off so much 😉😂 I have rhubarb that I use as a savory item in lots of stews, raspberries that grow wild in the borders of my lot. I belong to a CSA, and once that’s up and running in June it’s a lot easier for me to eat a wide variety of freggies.

Your garden sounds amazing. What is CSA?
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Good hump day everyone. It looks like you all had better ones than I did. I washed up today and blacked out. Luckily my daughter held me against the wall as I slid down so I didn't get hurt. I spent a couple hours on my back. I have been sitting down the rest of the day.
    Calories - 2136 or close. I forgot the last 2 digits. Super high for me but I am going to see if eating that much instead of 1800 will help. I have to try ANYTHING I can think of.i am shooting off a couple messages tomorrow about today and see what they say.
    @Cheesy567 nobody has said anything about my eating but I have a video with a nutritionist friday next week.

You need to get in touch with your surgeon. It’s not safe to be blacking out like that. Hope you get some answers today.

3 hour walk and 6 miles ... much warmer today ..I am off to take a shower I am all sweaty

Nice walk!

roz0810 wrote: »
    username: roz0810
    Weigh In Day: Thursday
    PW: 269
    CW: 269.8

Loss: + 0.8
    Total loss: 3.6

Better than what the scale said a few days ago! Here's to a better week and seeing a big loss next week. I'll do my IF 18:6 or longer, drink lots of water and some exercise. Been off track too long now. Time to work this out!

Remember as long as you keep trying you are not failing. You show up here every week so you are a winner to me.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps: 14,864
    Exercise: 61 minutes laps, arms and cardio

I am going out soon to do some running around for my trip next week. I leave on Wednesday. I am also going to treat myself to a mani/pedi. I am not supposed to get pedicures done because of the neuropathy but I am going to tell them to be careful. I won’t tell anyone if you don’t. 🤫

If I get back early enough I will go for a swim. If not I will get some mini walks done. The exercise room is closed for renovations so I don’t have the bike available to me.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Question

What on your playlist when you exercise?

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 you are so consistent with your steps and weightloss!

Thank you so much @Cheesy567 :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Question

I love my 80's music so I have a lot of that and a lot of Country music :)
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Weigh Day Thursday
    PW: 225.0
    CW: 220.4
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Question

Nature. I feel more comfortable and safe if I can hear what is going on around me. It's a bit harder for a wild car to sneak up behind me if I can hear it coming.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Weigh Day Thursday
    PW: 225.0
    CW: 220.4

Awesome loss Angie...Congrats :)
This discussion has been closed.