Replies

• AshenMoon
    AshenMoon Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Cw: 227.4 down a pound i think, woo! :)
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,043 Member
    Options
    Our pump for the well is fixed and no crazy father in laws were harmed in the process 😇 I don't think any of us have any patience left so we will lay low until we recharge our emotional batteries!

Last two days all of my meals have been ok except dinner. I still hit my macros but I had something else planned and no water at the house resulted in pizza and salad one night and sandwiches and kale chips tonight. I double cut the pizza and found myself satisfied after 1 slice, Woo-hoo 😀 I did a HIIT workout yesterday but I have nothing left tonight so taking the night off. I need new workout shoes for indoors. The new pair is ordered. I feel a bit of plantar faciitis starting.

I'm having emotional cravings for chocolate tonight. Having my evening coffee to see if that helps. It usually does the trick and I think it's going to be a 2 cup night. I always buy the endangered species chocolate bars and they donate to save the forest/animals. That little voice is telling me "it's not JUST eating chocolate! It's saving the planet...it's responsible to eat the chocolate " I'm telling my little voice there is a good chance my chocolate is harvested by child labor and it's more responsible to NOT eat the chocolate!
    I'm so glad your FIL survived! Now it's your turn to survive, and laying low for a bit sounds like a great idea. The party might blow a hole in that, so be sure to continue the laying low afterwards :o Great job on hitting your macros through this and keeping dinner under control in spite of pizza. Be sure to stretch that plantar area, achilles tendon, calf, and all the things!

Your coffee instead of chocolate blows my mind. If I have any coffee after about 11 am, sleep is so difficult. I love my coffee, but it has to be done in the morning. The image of the child labour is one every chocolate lover should use - thanks for sharing that one!
    my goal is to make it a perfect food week... Food is 80% of this, and I was so worried about making sure I exercised, that I kinda slacked on the food, so I think for the next two weeks, I am going to concentrate on food..
    Good choice! Nothing makes more difference, and then you feel so good the exercise is easier.
    @jugar can I please switch my weigh in day to Thursdays going forward?
    I remember a previous discussion on discipline VS motivation. It was great! It's discipline that makes us get up and go to work everyday, not motivation so why is it so hard to just be disciplined with food choices. I struggle with that mindset. I know I lose weight and digest better when I have a smoothie for breakfast instead of an egg sandwich. I know this! But am I disciplined enough to follow through like I am with waking up and going to work? Why not? It really shouldn't be any different. I want to receive a paycheck, hence I work. I want to digest smoothly, hence I should have the smoothie. Why is there a disconnect? Discipline to eat what I should instead of what I want is the adult thing to do.

No one says I can't have that egg sandwich for lunch instead!
    Day switched - and YES, you can have that egg sandwich for lunch. Promise!
    AshenMoon wrote: »
    Cw: 227.4 down a pound i think, woo! :)

YAY!!!
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    @jugar Jasper is beautiful and such a nice tail for an appolossa! You two look like you are meant to be together ❤
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Wednesday check in! Today I feel really good about my food choices and I got to come home and cook what I wanted! I have been on the hunt for no sugar condiments. I found some good ones through primal kitchen that don't have any of the off limits ingredients in them. I also found another brand of ketchup with no sugar. Did my workout before dinner. Leg day HIIT for 30 minutes. Put the kids to bed and yes @jugar, made coffee ☕! I guess I have the gene to metabolize caffeine and coffee more quickly. It's the Scandinavian heritage I'm sure. I am trying to incorporate Braggs raw apple cider vinegar into my evening routine. I put a couple tablespoons over ice with cherry flavored sparkling water and orange flavored stevia. It's actually pretty good and the apple cider vinegar I grabbed has cranberry in it too.

@ashleycarole86 and @PlaneMonkey I agree the motivation vs discipline is such a great topic. I did an activity with my coach recently that would pair nicely with this topic. It's based off a book called influencer which I think is not necessarily a weight loss or health book. But it looked at how likely you are to influence yourself to meet your goals. There were six categories and the more of the categories you can check off the more likely you are to meet your goals. It was a good way to look at how you are dealing with different obstacles to basically develop your discipline. I can give more specifics if this is interesting to others. I found it really helpful.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    @conleywoods Sounds interesting for sure, I'm always interested in learning more about myself! By the way, I am like you... I metabolize caffeine really easily. For that reason, I don't get the "boost" people talk about when they drink caffeine. I drink coffee purely for the enjoyment and diversion of it, but don't seem to get a pick me up. My dad used to drink like a full pot or more a day so I always joke I have the gene for it! ;)

Ok, I don't have much more in me... Brad's nephew from Ontario was out for the first time ever for one night and we're not sure when he'd be back again so Brad wanted to show him the mountains. We drove there and back after work for dinner which was so lovely and well appreciated but I'm certainly tired now!

5/17 exercise:
    61 minutes Peloton
    6297 steps

Back early for weigh-in!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    PW 153
    CW 152.2

I have been sick thia week with whatever my kids have had the past few weeks. I even took a half day Tues to come home and sleep. I now have 2 of my kids sleeping with me...a habit that needs to stop! I am hoping to workout tonight, depending on how I am feeling after work. My eating hasn't been that bad, except I ate a Crumble cookie at work yesterday!!!
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Username ashleycarole86
    Thursday weigh-in

PW 164.6
    CW 165.6
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    @conleywoods I'm definitely interested in more. Who's the author of the book?
  • jugar
    Options
    Happy Thursday!
    It's cold and rainy here, so we'll probably have a quiet day. It's really interesting hanging out with a bunch of army people here - one was off teaching night navigation until after midnight in the pouring rain. Both my daughter's closest pals are teaching courses, so they get to have a bit more of an easy time than their students, but it is still a lot of unusual hours and outdoors in all weather.

That book sounds really interesting @conleywoods - it certainly addresses the most difficult issue in sticking with anything over the long term. Goals are hard!

@Gidgitgoescrazy photos? We want to see the gorgeous hair :smiley:

Have a good one, folks!
  • bowens1973
    bowens1973 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Username: Bowens1973
    PW: 172.4
    CW: 173.2
    +.8 😭
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    5/18 exercise:
    10,597 steps
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    PW 153
    CW 152.2

I have been sick thia week with whatever my kids have had the past few weeks. I even took a half day Tues to come home and sleep. I now have 2 of my kids sleeping with me...a habit that needs to stop! I am hoping to workout tonight, depending on how I am feeling after work. My eating hasn't been that bad, except I ate a Crumble cookie at work yesterday!!!

Hope you shake it soon!!
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    @jugar Please take me off the active list.

I am trying to lose weight still. Still counting and weighing food. But I can't bring myself to weigh me. The prospect has been filling me with dread for weeks now.

I just can't do it.
  • jugar
    Options
    @Terytha Don't worry - you're on the support team and I'll bug you when months are about to begin to see when you can come back. No dread allowed! But no keeping off track forever, either. Hugs to you!!
  • jugar
    Options
    Friday people? All lined up? Here you go:

@EvMakesChanges
    @conleywoods
    @ells_bellz
    @Pearl4686
    @happimess01
    @micki48

I'm still off until next week - after a day like today, I'll probably need to come back to the regular team for June!! Serious sitting, eating, binge watching, and hanging out while it was freezing, super windy, and pelting down rain for much of the day...

I hope the rest of you had a more active Friday!
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    I hope the rest of you had a more active Friday!
    I think you lost a day there my friend!

Boy you sure are right.. it was a cold one in Alberta today! Especially tonight.. while Brad cooked supper I thought I'd take the time to go out and fertilize a young tree we planted and set up the tree watering bag... I was in my winter jacket and still cold.

Spent most of the night on my butt on the couch but I rallied for a 30 minute Peloton ride later on in the evening and I got a new PR.
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    I will weigh on Sunday this weekend, too bloated today lol
This discussion has been closed.