WaistAways Team Chat - MAY 2022

Options

Replies

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,135 Member
    Options
    Thanks @DD265 ... smart advice. We do meal kits and they take a while to prepare. I will definitely think about the option to do batch cooking to save time. One thing that we do tend to do is split tasks - so when we get home I may hop on the bike while Brad cooks and then he rides while I clean up and make lunches. When that works, it works well.

One other item for me to consider is paring down my rides on days I'm in office. The program I follow has rides that are usually 45 minutes or longer, which I love..but a shorter ride is better than no ride.

One thing I have been doing is not rising as much - my steps are naturally higher on office days so that is plenty for some days. I just pare back my eating to match and all is well.

Thanks for your insights, and I'll definitely look into that type of gardening... it's nothing I've heard of before!
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options

Ugh, so I've been doing great during the day with food, evening snacky time is just killing me though...

I have a confession to make, so on Monday when I realized I couldn't find my batteries, I ordered them from Amazon for same day delivery, well you have to spend $25.00 to get same day delivery, and the batteries were only 6 dollars, so guess what I spent the other 419.00 on...... A 5lb bag of smarties candy !

I swear my brain is broken... I keep making excuses in my head...

The scale is moving though...

Anyway, I will give that bag of candy to my daughter this weekend, and to be honest, it's okay cause I'm already tired of them...

I cancelled my plans for this weekend, I've decided I want a calm weekend at home, although I do have a kayaking then Movie date with my 2 oldest kids this monday. ( it's a holiday weekend).

I have some yummy meals planned for the weekend that are going to contain lots and lots of veggies.

I am excited to not have any commitments...

• PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    CW 190.0
    PW 192.0
    LTD 54lbs

Going to keep a tight hold on the reins this weekend. Family gathering to remember my dad will bring out the comfort foods and free-flowing alcohol but I plan on being a busy bee setting up and serving to keep the emotions in check so hopefully I will buzz right past the yummy food. The next decade is within my reach!
  • AshenMoon
    AshenMoon Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Holding steady at 227 this week, unfortunately I've had a stressful week and expect that it will show next week :(
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,093 Member
    Options
    Ugh, so I've been doing great during the day with food, evening snacky time is just killing me though...

I swear my brain is broken... I keep making excuses in my head...

The scale is moving though...

I am excited to not have any commitments...

I am enjoying this combination of thoughts from you! I remember when my doc finally went all severe on me, she asked me how I ate. I said, "I eat really well. Then I eat badly." Sounds like our brains run in the same track :grimace: I doubt the brains get unbroken from this kind of thing, but we have to add the track that tells us just because we want or crave something does not mean we have to say yes. Like your kid or dog with the big puppy eyes - sometimes we have to grit our teeth and say no. Your scale is moving! You're here and getting the no muscles warmed up again.

Not having commitments is often the best :smiley:
  • jugar
    Options
    @DD265 and @Terytha
    You are both on the support team for the moment - let me know if you want to be back on the regular team as of Sunday for the June go around. No problem if you are not ready for the weekly weigh-ins, just let me know. Thanks!
  • Athletatrade
    Athletatrade Posts: 2 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Hi! Back at it again, need accountability. #206 six years ago, got down to less than 130. Highest been since is 178, currently 158. In order not to lie to myself I need to weigh in daily, track food daily and do some type of activity daily, no excuses. Goal is 135, don't really care how long it takes. Turning 50 next month.
  • jugar
    Options
    Hi! Back at it again, need accountability. #206 six years ago, got down to less than 130. Highest been since is 178, currently 158. In order not to lie to myself I need to weigh in daily, track food daily and do some type of activity daily, no excuses. Goal is 135, don't really care how long it takes. Turning 50 next month.
    Thanks for joining us! I hope you'll be joining our maintainers before long - you're getting close and working hard.
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    @YinxFed Countdown for your vacation is on for sure. So happy that you're in a place where you're looking forward to the first solo assignment. Nice to get some great positive feedback!
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    5/25 exercise: 12078 steps
  • ashleycarole86
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Had a catch-up meeting with a coworker this morning and we grabbed a coffee and went for a walk. At 6060 steps already and I haven't done my lunch walk yet! A truly good feeling.. it is SO much easier to hit 10,000 steps when I break it up throughout the day.
  • bowens1973
    bowens1973 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Username bowens1973

PW 173.2
    CW 173
    Loss: 0.2
  • jugar
    Options
    It's time for the Friday line-up to begin (it's so good having people on the team in European time zones!) Go go go -

@EvMakesChanges
    @conleywoods
    @ells_bellz
    @Pearl4686
    @happimess01
    @micki48
    @jugar

I'm not too excited about my own weigh-in, but I think I'll still be just on the edge of my maintenance zone...

The new chat thread for June, which starts early here on F2F, will open tomorrow, so prepare your introductions. It is great to know what might have changed for those who have been here a while, and to get to know all our new folks -- tally ho!
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    evening, team. today started off really great, up early to grab some groceries and get my car's state inspection renewed. I got more done at my desk towards the job search, so I think having some structured time in my office space was a good idea.

I went downtown to shop for a new top to wear with the only pair of pants that fit me right now, for a family graduation party this weekend. you would think finding a size 3X shirt at Nordstrom Rack and it being the only thing that fit me would be a wake up call. And it was. But, then there was some commotion on my train line leading to big delays, and by the time I got home I was totally exhausted and sweaty and I turned to snacking that bled into an overboard dinner. I look in the mirror and can't believe I let all that progress from 2018 - early 2021 slip all the way through my fingers. Feels really hard to break the binge cycle right now. But I must! simply all there is to it.

I'm prepping for a good Friday and getting into bed with my book.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,260 Member
    Options
    You now believe that it is possible to lose your progress. Believe also that it is possible to get it back. You must get it back, as you say. And you can. It will take time. Each time you try and make progress builds the time that you stick there. Believe it.

@jugar I needed to hear this too. ^^^^^ I definitely know it is possible to lose my progress. I thought for sure I had it down. But three stressful months preparing for a move, the move, and a whole new living situation has just messed me up so bad. Still trying to find my groove in this new life of mine. I’m still here, barely hanging on with no progress. But I will get through this. June is my birthday month and I’m sure I will treat myself but I’m also hoping a more predictable schedule will help me plan.
This discussion has been closed.