Spring Into a New You (May 2022 Challenge)

Replies

• swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Glad to be back and Thank you @baconslave for this thread. Great support here!
    Mary from Pennsylvania 65 now, Heaviest weight 255 lbs twice. :-(

UGW-122 lbs. I was there in 2009/10 and kept it off for 5 years then got lazy.

My goal is to continue with what seems to work for me. 1000-1200 calories, low carb 15 Net +/- 3(My body seems to not do well with carbs. It doesn't know how to burn them and hangs onto them way too much!), minimum 70 + oz of water, 2 meals/day on my days off(3) and 3 meals on my work days(which are long), exercise on my 3 days off. For challenges my official weigh in day is Sunday. I weigh daily.

9/14/20 SW-255 lbs
    5/3/21-240.5 lbs Emergency Gallbladder surgery
    5/14/21-232.2 lbs started MFP and Low Carb/1000-1200 calorie while recovering
    6/1/21-228.8 lbs
    7/1/21-222.2 lbs
    8/1/21-212.0 lbs
    9/1/21-200.0 lbs
    10/1/21-191.4 lbs
    11/1/21-181.8 lbs
    12/1/21-176.2 lbs
    1/1/22-168 lbs
    2/1/22-157.4 lbs
    3/1/22-155 lbs 100 lbs lost of 133 lb goal
    4/1/22-156.4 lbs
    5/1/22- 158.8 lbs

5/1/22-158.8 lbs. :-( I can't believe this with all the Elliptical miles Friday, yesterday and stayed way under calories for what I was allotted. Has to be water weight retention. Hoping for a whoosh soon. Did Elliptical 300 minutes for 22.3 miles in first session and 54 minutes for 4.2 miles for 26.5 miles total today. Hopefully that gets me heading downward again. (Did long times on Friday 228 minutes and Saturday 240 minutes too.)
    5/8/22- 148 lbs :-) So glad for the whoosh of mainly water weight finally off from my OK trip! Still doing long elliptical hours on my off work days.
    5/15/22- 159.6 lbs. Well a short lived whoosh! I know its mainly water weight. Had more carbs the last 2 dinners than my usual. Glad I didn't hit the 160's! Elliptical today 130 minutes for 10 miles.

5/21/22- 157.4 lbs No real exercise today. Driving 3 hours to the "Thunder over Dover (Delaware)" Air show today. The Blue Angels & the Thunderbirds are performing for the first time together. It was great as I expected, as I've seen them both before, and just got back a bit ago. Long day in 90+ degree heat. Least there was a bit of a breeze at times. And lots of places to sit under aircraft wings, in their shade. If you haven't and get the opportunity to see them or the Snowbirds of Canada, it is well worth a drive and amazing to see at least once in your life.

5/22/22-156.2 lbs Got a bit of sunburn from yesterday, cheeks, nose, upper chest area front and back and a bit of light pink on my arms. Guess I should have applied my sunscreen a few more times. We are expecting thunderstorms this afternoon, so mowed my grass. I figure I can be on the Elliptical when it's raining. Did 180 minutes for 13.2 miles. Hadn't been on it since last Sunday, as Dr appointment Tuesday AM and errands all afternoon into early evening. I don't work tomorrow till 10, so if I get to bed soon I may do an hour or 2 before work.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,574 Member
    168 this morning, going in the wrong direction. I ate well over the weekend and we did a lot of yard work at my son's. I had plenty of water so maybe my body is just holding onto it because of the heat? I'm sticking with coffee and water for most of the day today. Much cooler out and will get some of my own yard work done this afternoon. Fingers crossed.
  • NYPhotographer2021
    NYPhotographer2021 Posts: 506 Member
    5/23 - 158.8
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    154.4 today. Weekend pretty decent. Hoping to get out of the 150s by end of month.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    5/20-5/22/22

1. Carbs 50-100 per day. 45,131,64
    2. Exercise at least 4 days a week for at least 15 minutes (try to get one core and one weight workout in the mix). no formal exercise....I went to a local music festival Saturday and walked around a lot.
    3. Eat more veggies and some fruit. Didn't do well Friday or Saturday. Had several servings yesterday.
  • anglyn1
    5/23/22

1. Carbs 50-100 per day. 68
    2. Exercise at least 4 days a week for at least 15 minutes (try to get one core and one weight workout in the mix). nope
    3. Eat more veggies and some fruit. I had a big salad for dinner.

Still trucking along. The weather has me keeping headaches and sinus stuff.
  • tishsmith101
    Scale bounce continues. When I deviate from my food plan at all, that is the consequence without a decent workout. My body laughs at an after dinner walk ( I can hear it mocking me LOL). Have lot of errands today and the 'kids' coming for dinner so eating lighter is the game plan today and double workout tomorrow.
    @baconslave - we camped last weekend, first trip of the season!
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Been good this week and the scale is down to 153.4 Tonight celebrating DS Bday. Going out for sushi tonight.
  • melmerritt33
    melmerritt33 Posts: 1,044 Member
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Went out for a walk in the park yesterday, did Pilates today so I’ve got at least two days of exercise in this week. The Pilates is really helping my mental health, it’s so focused and the movements very precise it’s almost like a kind of meditation. The 25 minute session just flew by today. I’m also using muscles I didn’t know I had! Really glad I decided to try it.

Good work, girlie! You have come a long way from the first time we 'met' in the Fibro chat threads! I'm so glad this WOE has helped your health that much! Still hangin' in there myself, not being as careful with the carbs as I could be, but feeling pretty good despite. Hubby wrecked my good weigh scale by getting the electronics wet, so now I've got to go hunt up another one. The previous one tracked bone density, hydration, weight, and body fat. I miss it.

Thank you! Yes, it’s been an amazing journey, very tough at times as I kept discovering food intolerances I didn’t even know I had but worth every moment to be where I am now!

Sorry to hear about the scale, sounds like it was a really good one. Glad to hear you’re still doing well.
  • tishsmith101
    Scale back down from the water retention and now I've got 6 days left to work toward my monthly goal. I'll be going for my first long bike ride of the season on Monday and I can't wait!. I'd like to kayak this weekend too weather permitting. Might have to put a couple alarms on my phone to do strength training and barre if it rains. My trainer was sick this week and is on vacation next week. Lastly, I had my oncology check up yesterday (every 4 months) and all good once again. Even my bone density scan was normal. The new NP was surprised since the meds I'm on tend to leach the bones :) 8 yrs out and I feel great.
  • anglyn1
    5/24-5/25/22

1. Carbs 50-100 per day. 114-67
    2. Exercise at least 4 days a week for at least 15 minutes (try to get one core and one weight workout in the mix). nope
    3. Eat more veggies and some fruit. Tuesday berries at breakfast, salad at dinner. Wednesday zoodles for lunch.

I'm still not feeling well. Not sure what's going on. My sinuses are congested and I'm a little achy. The weather here is really weird. It was super hot and then we've had days of quite cool weather. I'm also stressed on family things and just not feeling up to closely monitoring my diet or exercising.
  • anglyn1
    5/26/22

1. Carbs 50-100 per day. 104 I realized when logging leftovers that I had picked a generic entry for wings that had lots of carbs the day before so yesterday's carb count was 51 and not 67!
    3. Eat more veggies and some fruit. Did really bad at this. Had some beans and guacamole is all.

Today is our wedding anniversary. Not sure what if anything we are doing. Next week we are going to a concert as our gift to each other.