Downsizers Team Chat - JUNE 2022

Replies

• Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 5/29
    Step count 3011

Not a great walking day but I spent the day cooking and cleaning for company today. All that standing didn’t count for anything!
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Good morning all. Another Monday has reared it's head. Let's all show it that we own it.
    Check in for 5/29:
    Calories 2570 or more. Absolutely horrid eating. I couldn't stop snacking. I have got to heal so I can get back out there. When I go out I drain more and more so they won't remove it. Staying inside reminds me of when I was housebound and I am starting to really stress.
    Since I don't think the gym will let me exercise with a drain in my leg I will start doing arm exercises at home. I will fight all I can because I am terrified of going back up in weight.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 882 Member
    Good Morning.
    I am Angie from northern California. I am 47, married, no kids, three dogs and two cats.

My weight loss plan is simple calories in-calories out. Maybe it's not simple...if it was I would be at a healthy weight🙂. I enjoy lifting and running (slowly).

I lost around 50 pounds over the last couple of years, but for several months now I have just been bouncing up and down, and up and down around 220 pounds.

My main goal for June is to get under 215 lbs. Another is to run at least one mile every day this summer (Memorial Day to Labor Day).

Here's to a great start to summer!
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 882 Member
    Steps 5/29: 6,623
    Goal: 15,000-room for improvement.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,040 Member
    Good Morning Dazzling Downsizers ... I hope everyone is doing good .. As for me I just got back from a 232 minute 9.46 mile walk ... Very windy here so swimming in my pool will not happen today
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited May 2022
    xf03y5yjc44f.jpg

Here is my 2nd reminder of the people's steps I need .. Please have them in no later than the evening of 5/31 so I can post the results for the entire month ..If I do not have them by then I will have no choice but to zero them out ...Thanks for your cooperation and understanding :)

@peng123 5/22, 5/26,5/27 and 5/28
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Sorry for being late!
    5/28 11,016
    5/29 18,319

One of my triggers is road trips!! Ugh. I ate like crap today but it was nice to get out of town.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Good evening all.
    Check in for 5/30:
    Calories - 2250 or close. Forgot the exact number.
    Snacking was better today.
  • nite_0wl
    nite_0wl Posts: 18 Member
    Good evening all!
    I didn't say too much about myself previously... I'm a 51 year old mother of three living in the Houston,
    Texas area. I am originally from upstate NY but transplanted as quickly as I could (21 years ago). I don't miss the winters or the taxes; fall, pizza, and Friday night fish fry is a whole other story, fyi.

I had a career with IBM until my husband and I got together and I became pregnant for our first child. He, unlike myself, was raised with a stay home mom and asked if I would consider doing the same for our kids. I agreed and hated it for about the first 5 - 7 years, now I'm quite glad we made the sacrifices needed to make that a reality. That said, now that I'm not team mom, on PTO, or president of this or that booster club and running from one practice to another etc... I'm not entirely sure who I am or what I really enjoy - it's been all about the babies for so long. I'm sure I'll figure it out but at the moment, I'm floundering a bit.

My eldest child is a college graduate and doing okay for herself. She was just married in November of last year. She has a great guy and they are in the process of buying their first house.

My middle child... well, he dropped out of college... I have found myself debating whether I look okay in orange - I'm undecided so he still lives (a bit of motherly sarcasm). If anyone tells you being a mother gets easier as they get older... that is a lie, they will still test your patience and make you wonder where you went wrong only now you're in the throws of menopause and battling hot flashes and a sundry of other "ailments." My friend aptly stated that she's in her golden years but they are a little rusty!

I will watch my youngest child walk this Wednesday then off to college in August. She is starting life (graduating high school) as a Certified Veterinary Assistant - hopefully this will help her into Texas A&M's Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine program. We need a vet a in the family with the menagerie of animals we have had/have, mostly because of HER!

When I asked to join the group I weighed 194 and sadly today, check in day, I'm 195.
    Sunday I did not meet my step challenge... my baby (8 month old Pomeranian) was having a hypoglycemic episode and I choose to lay with him until it passed. I did stay at my caloric intake, for the most part, I came in at 1,206. Today, however, I made it to 6,389 steps; 1300 more than I committed to! My feet and legs are killing me as of this writing but... it will be okay. Tomorrow is a new day.
    I did not meet my caloric intake today. I haven't figured it out yet but since we had had Tex-Mex all day I'm pretty sure I'm way over - think queso and quac, you don't have to think much further than that to know it's more than 1,200 calories. I'm not going to beat myself up about it, it was a holiday weekend. I will start anew tomorrow.

To sum it up simply, May 30, 2022:
    Weight: 195
    Steps: 6,389.

Have a great and productive week, y'all!
  • jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 308 Member
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Monday (May 30, 2022)
    PW: 229.5
    CW: 229.1
    SW: 240

While I didn't put my best foot forward diet-wise this weekend, I did put a lot of feet forward in terms of steps.
    lf935zl760so.png

We cut back, and pulled out (stumps and root systems) 6 overgrown bushes in our front entrance-way and moved a small tree that wasn't doing so great in it's former location (not getting enough sun), tilled the solid and then planted 7 new shrubs. It was a 2-day activity (the kids helped too) and it looks great now that the mulch is down. We still need to clean and put the 4-tier fountain back together but that will have to wait for a weekday evening. Yesterday we went for a hike to start getting into shape for our summer vacation out west this July. Anyway, it didn't lead to a lot of weight loss but beyond the improved look of our front walk-way, a sense of pride in a job well done, a mean blister and sore back, at least feel like I got a very good workout. Now it's back to the desk job for a few days to 'recover.'

• Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 5/30
    Step count 4723

I have one more day of company and no exercise to speak of to get through, then I will get back on track.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    nite_0wl wrote: »
    Good evening all!
    I didn't say too much about myself previously... I'm a 51 year old mother of three living in the Houston,
    Texas area. I am originally from upstate NY but transplanted as quickly as I could (21 years ago). I don't miss the winters or the taxes; fall, pizza, and Friday night fish fry is a whole other story, fyi.

I had a career with IBM until my husband and I got together and I became pregnant for our first child. He, unlike myself, was raised with a stay home mom and asked if I would consider doing the same for our kids. I agreed and hated it for about the first 5 - 7 years, now I'm quite glad we made the sacrifices needed to make that a reality. That said, now that I'm not team mom, on PTO, or president of this or that booster club and running from one practice to another etc... I'm not entirely sure who I am or what I really enjoy - it's been all about the babies for so long. I'm sure I'll figure it out but at the moment, I'm floundering a bit.

My eldest child is a college graduate and doing okay for herself. She was just married in November of last year. She has a great guy and they are in the process of buying their first house.

My middle child... well, he dropped out of college... I have found myself debating whether I look okay in orange - I'm undecided so he still lives (a bit of motherly sarcasm). If anyone tells you being a mother gets easier as they get older... that is a lie, they will still test your patience and make you wonder where you went wrong only now you're in the throws of menopause and battling hot flashes and a sundry of other "ailments." My friend aptly stated that she's in her golden years but they are a little rusty!

I will watch my youngest child walk this Wednesday then off to college in August. She is starting life (graduating high school) as a Certified Veterinary Assistant - hopefully this will help her into Texas A&M's Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine program. We need a vet a in the family with the menagerie of animals we have had/have, mostly because of HER!

When I asked to join the group I weighed 194 and sadly today, check in day, I'm 195.
    Sunday I did not meet my step challenge... my baby (8 month old Pomeranian) was having a hypoglycemic episode and I choose to lay with him until it passed. I did stay at my caloric intake, for the most part, I came in at 1,206. Today, however, I made it to 6,389 steps; 1300 more than I committed to! My feet and legs are killing me as of this writing but... it will be okay. Tomorrow is a new day.
    I did not meet my caloric intake today. I haven't figured it out yet but since we had had Tex-Mex all day I'm pretty sure I'm way over - think queso and quac, you don't have to think much further than that to know it's more than 1,200 calories. I'm not going to beat myself up about it, it was a holiday weekend. I will start anew tomorrow.

To sum it up simply, May 30, 2022:
    Weight: 195
    Steps: 6,389.

Have a great and productive week, y'all!

Are you wanting to me added to our step challenge ? If so please give me a step pledge that you plan to hit daily ...Thanks
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    We are off for our early morning walk ..Be back later :)
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    @nite_0wl I love upstate NY. However, my visits have always been in late summer/early fall when the apples are at their peak! My mother is from Endicott. I have never experienced a NY winter... But yeah, NY pizza is the best!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,483 Member
    @Morethanjustanumber
    Enjoy your visitors. You will be back to great steps tomorrow. I am sure all the cooking and cleaning has burned a ton of calories.

@rwood566
    You are a great fighter and I can’t see you allowing the weight to ever come back on. Take the snacking fight one day at a time. I just bought some diamond art bookmarks. They are quick to pull out when I get the urge to snack and they will make cute gifts.

@888Angie888
    That is a great goal. Did you do something like that last year? I seem to remember you being quiet successful.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Awesome walk yesterday and I am sure it will be another today.

@tahm42
    Nice loss!

@aactuallyaash
    Nice steps!

@nite_0wl
    I laughed when I read about looking good in orange. There is many a time I felt like that about the kids. You are right not to beat yourself up about yesterday. You can be on track today. Glad you joined our team.

@jimboden3
    Wow! With steps like that you should be in the step challenge. Look at your calories burned, fantastic!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,483 Member
    Steps: 14,010
    exercise: swim laps, water exercises and abs
    log food: yes

It’s going to be another hot day with lots of humidity. I didn’t get to do a lot of stretching after my workout yesterday. It’s on the agenda for today. I am going to do leg and arm exercises along with cardio. If there is time I will do laps. I need to find some new ab exercises for the pool as I am bored with the ones I have been doing.
This discussion has been closed.