June 2022 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,433 Member
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    @scott6255 I just noticed that this thread is in the group board rather than the challenge board. Is this a change we're making?

It wasn't deliberate. Every time I start a new thread it seems like I @#$& it up. So I will not be starting any more. Someone else (that knows what they are doing) should volunteer to do it each month.
    If we need to move this to the challenge board I guess we need to ask a moderator to do it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,970 Member
    June Goal: 100 Miles

6/1: 5.51 miles
    6/2: 5.04 miles

10.55/100 miles completed for June

The rain and thunderstorms had passed by the time I got up so I ran 5 miles. It was cooler than yesterday, but the 98% humidity was pretty tough. I was glad to get a run in though. Since I am not streaking this month I am taking tomorrow as a rest day. I donated blood today so it is probably a good idea anyway.

exercise.png
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,433 Member
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,056 Member
    @scott6255 Five years! Your consistency is impressive.

@marisap2010 Crazy Laps!!
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,488 Member
    edited June 2022
    @Scott6255 congrats on 5 years!

@martaindale I see you're a paid subscriber on Strava. You may know this, and already be using this, but one feature you get with that is the ability to see running heat maps when you create a route. I use this feature quite a bit when looking for running routes in new places, thinking that if a route gets heavy use, there must be a reason. It's also a great way to find trail routes. The only caveat is that races can throw off the heat map by showing heavy use on roads that might only be suitable for running during a race when traffic is blocked off. When looking for new routes you might consider taking a look at that feature if you're not already.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    edited June 2022
    @marisap2010 - definitely channeling @AlphaHowls! Hope you slept better.
    @Scott6255 - congratulations on the 5 years of consistency! I have been doing it just over 8 years now, mostly cause I like to check in and see what my friends here are up to. Like @SummerSkier I joined in 2011 but wasn't consistent with it at all until my trainer wanted to see what I was eating and where my macros were.
    I think it must be Achy Leg Friday @SummerSkier and @scott6255 - I woke up the same. Hope when I get out for my run they will loosen up too.
    @7lenny7 - what a gorgeous place to run! Love those mushrooms too. I bet they were tasty! We used to find turkey tail mushrooms on the trails near where my dd lived in Maryland but I don't think we have anything like them out here.
    I think it is so great that you and @martaindale are getting to explore new trails and places to run. We have a road trip coming in June and I am hoping to find some places along the way.
    Also so glad your fall was not serious and there was no dripping blood! Funny how we categorize them... oh some scrapes and a little blood, I can totally keep running! I did continue running once with blood running down my leg but just until I got to the drinking fountain and could wash it off. Then I finished the run 😁