TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (June)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,495 Member
    Options
    @maryphum glad you're feeling better, if slowly. My cough seems to be mostly at night. I wake up choking like I inhaled a feather. 😕
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Thursday 2 June
    Track: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes

I totally forgot today was Friday until just now. 🙃 D'oh! I've already had a 20oz bottle of water and my morning coffee ☕ so am not going to weigh in now. I will do it tomorrow. I blame the holiday on Monday. 😉
  • mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Here’s to a fantastic June!
  • Tomsgal1985
    Tomsgal1985 Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Wednesday, June 1
    Tracked: no
    Under calories: Likely not
    Exercise: 31 minutes of walking

Thursday, June 2
    Tracked: yes
    Under calories: no
    Exercise: 37 minutes of walking

Friday, June 3
    Tracked: yes
    Under calories: no
    Exercise: 74 minutes of walking
    Comments: Happy June! May was not a good month for exercise, tracking, or eating. Too much going on emotionally and just like that, I gained about seven pounds. I’m doing better so far this month, and I’m back to tracking my food, which always helps. Take care, everyone! ❤️🙏🏻😊
  • LMK02020
    LMK02020 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    LMK02020
    Saturday
    Off kilter this week/ ok this month 🙂
    No tracking or meal planning for that matter.
    Tomorrow I’m restarting my healthy eating and exercise routine.
    I’ve lost my get up and go. Ha I just keep eating at night :/
    You know it’s time to stop the evening snacks and flavored coffee when the stretchy exercise pants are causing discomfort 🙂
    Looking forward to this health journey with everyone!
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    LMK02020 wrote: »
    LMK02020
    Saturday
    Off kilter this week/ ok this month 🙂
    No tracking or meal planning for that matter.
    Tomorrow I’m restarting my healthy eating and exercise routine.
    I’ve lost my get up and go. Ha I just keep eating at night :/
    You know it’s time to stop the evening snacks and flavored coffee when the stretchy exercise pants are causing discomfort 🙂
    Looking forward to this health journey with everyone!

@LMK02020 let's do this!; 👍
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    So a bunch of us - myself included - posted in the wrong thread. 🤦‍♀️ Despite what the calendar 📆 says, June doesn't actually start until tomorrow 😂. I will make sure any weigh-ins or MUAC get recorded in the right place. 🙃
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Just a quick note to welcome any new members. 🙋‍♀️I will follow up with a longer introduction when I get on my computer 💻, I'm too old to type all that on my phone. 😁

Also, watch this space for more information on weigh in and mini challenges.
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,909 Member
    Options
    How to make The Biggest Loser Challenge more “user-friendly”
      • Don’t keep losing us!! If you’re here reading this now go ahead and bookmark this thread at the top right of the page; then we will always appear in your “bookmarks”. Once you’re in MFP and have clicked on “Community”, you’re “Bookmarks” will be on the Community’s landing page. You’ll also be able to click your profile picture and find “notifications” from your book marked pages.
      • Want to respond directly to what someone posted? At the bottom of their post click “quote”, scroll down and you’ll see their message prefilled in your text box and you’ll respond below their quotation.
      • Need to get someone’s attention? When you’re typing out your post you can put an @ symbol in front of their username and that will tag the person, they’ll then see a red “notification” when they go to click on their profile picture to get to their bookmarks.
      • Still confused? Its ok! Tag me or better yet! Click on my name next to this post. Go to my profile picture and send me a friend request then you can send me a message or look at my food diary, or just be my friend!

Oh yeah and Welcome!!! 🤗
    • Krysless2
      edited June 2022
      Options
      ABOUT THE CHALLENGES & REQUIRED WEIGHT POSTINGS
      We are going to be running a daily post challenge or MUAC(Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge) Based on another MFP Challenge called the UAC

Participation in this challenge is optional but highly encouraged for the following reasons:
      - Helps to keep your goals in focus daily
      - Motivating to see others working on the same things and having the same struggles too. It's defintely a reminder that we're not alone and we are a team
      - Many of us who participate and have successfully lost weight, m would all agree that the daily posting MUAC really is the key!

The way it works: 
      #1. Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories.
      #2. Stay inside your allocated daily budget. (you set your own budget)
      #3. Try to do at least 20 minutes of activity a day (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.. As long as it gets you active and off the couch)
      #4. Check in daily (tracking yes/no, calories yes/no, exercise yes/no).

****End of the week. those who have managed to keep to plan for 6 out of 7 days are recognized in the thread as being part of the weekly "Winners Circle".
      Our weeks always start on Sunday so we start tracking tomorrow. Sunday, June5th 😉

Your MUAC Posts should look like this:
      Daily Post (Sunday)
      Track: Yes/no
      Calories: Yes/no (were you under)
      Exercise: Yes/no (what type and how long)
      Goals/Day/Comments: (Tell us a brief description about how your day went or your goals for the day)

Your Weekly Weigh-In Posts should look like this:
      Krysless2
      Week 1
      PW =(previous weight)
      CW=(current weight)

Also, if you have any suggestions for the team or fun ideas to spice things up a bit, please feel free to share them, we look for new ways to help engagement and keep people motivated!!

Welcome to the Challenge!!
    • LMK02020
      Options
      LMK02020
      PW: 130
      CW: 128.2
      Track: yes
      Under : no
      Exercise: walked an hour
      The day went well . I went shopping so I’m prepared food wise for the week ahead .
    • LMK02020
      Options
      Apparently I’m a bit early with my post by a week?
    • BlissfulK
      BlissfulK Posts: 417 Member
      Options
      📊: Yes on Paper, No on MFP, will log tomorrow or Monday
      ⬇️: ?
      👟: Yes, 869 cals🔥
    • DaffyGirl88
      Options
      Apparently I’m a bit early with my post by a week?

@LMK02020 no, you are in the right place. The June challenge starts today 5 June. The challenges run Sun-Sat so May ran over by a couple of days. It was us who were wrong. 😁
    • DaffyGirl88
      Options
      @ajdvegan
      @faithcreek
      @KimR_1986
      @JbeanR0212
      @LMK02020
      @Baby43204

Welcome newcomers to TBBT!!! See posts above FMI on bookmarking this page, posting your weekly weigh-ins and participating in the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge (MUAC). If you have any questions please tag me in your post @DaffyGirl88 Thanks!

Here's to a successful June!!
    • JbeanR0212
      JbeanR0212 Posts: 721 Member
      Options
      Hi there team, newbie here & super excited to get started. MFP worked really well for me years ago but the last 5 years of life have been full of obstacles. Unfortunately I let all that depression and anxiety run my life and destroy all of my healthy habits. I’m ready to gain control of my life and get back to the things I used to enjoy!

MUAC Post
      Daily Post: Sunday
      Track: Yes
      Calories: Yes (over)
      Exercise: Yes (30 min rowing, 16 min. Aerobics, 2.5 mile walk)
      Goals/Day/Comments: My goals are not to just merely loose weight but to get in better cardio health and eat better. With that in mind I’m looking to have a minimum of 30 minutes of active exercise at least 5 times a week. Yesterday put me at 68 PAI, I am new to my first fitness band and am hoping to achieve 100 year round. I am on a 7 day streak and have registered a loss, wahoo! I went over my calories yesterday by a little (other days I have stuck with the plan pretty well) but at least I moved around a-lot. I made over 10k steps & am getting better with my water intake. I am also registering better quality sleep. Not sure if I am doing this right but since it’s morning here my remarks above are a report on yesterday.
      Quote: “All progress takes place outside of your comfort zone.”

Weekly Weigh-In Post:
      JbeanR0212
      Week 1
      PW =173
      CW=171.4
    • LMK02020
      Options
      Tracked: Yes
      Under: No (was Yes until I started eating out of the cereal box :) )
      Exercise: 1 hr walking
    • Krysless2
      Options
      y1itoj6c9a0r.jpg
      f2eifme9lpih.png

Week 4's Honorable Mentions:
      @DaffyGirl88
      (5of 7x's)

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148867893g37ef2bbtxkh66m7ww9ivaf81a13fodfgwv6&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Click here >> Week4
      >> Week5
      >> May Results have also been posted.

Tops for Week 4 :
      1st - @BlissfulK. - 3.94%
      2nd - @mooreshelley09. - 1.80%
      3rd - @Mrscanmore. - 0.66%

Tops for Week 5 :
      1st - @Brandi_84. - 1.59%
      2nd - @Sandkp. - 1.20%
      3rd - @Mrscanmore. - 0.72%

Tops for May :
      1st - @Mrscanmore. - 2.37%
      2nd - @Brandi_84. - 1.44%
      3rd - @mooreshelley09. - 1.31%

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148865mr9x52dl0hnme2uw9lf9m5rr0n26satluehf2uo&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g]
    • DaffyGirl88
      Options
      Tracked: Yes
      Under: No (was Yes until I started eating out of the cereal box :) )
      Exercise: 1 hr walking

@LMK02020 I hate when that happens! :D