Downsizers Team Chat - JUNE 2022

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,437 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone... We are going on our walk today ... I am wearing a knee brace and ankle brace and crossing my fingers that I do not fall today ...Be back later
  • jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Monday (June 6, 2022)
    PW: 229.1
    CW: 230.3
    SW: 240

Unlike the major front yard landscaping project last weekend (64 K steps between May 28 - 30), this weekend was filled with 3 graduation parties (our daughter from college and two high schools for kids of close friends) so it was mostly eating and drinking. Since I also worked most of the weekend for a big deadline today, I'm actually surprised I didn't gain more. That said, I'm looking forward to this week and getting back to the basics again.
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday, Downsizers! It's nice to be checking-in with all of you! Last week was horrible - I was at the hospital all week with my mother and for the first time in over a year, my eating/tracking fell by the wayside. My mother came home on Friday evening - so I'm hoping for a more routine week. Thankfully, I was able to go to the grocery store this weekend and I have prepped all of my meals for the week. I hope you are all doing well - I will try to catch up on earlier posts today.

Cara
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    @cormierannie
    Great loss!

@Cheesy567
    Fantastic loss! Losing a 100 pounds is a great accomplishment. Jiggs dinner for one is very delicious. It’s made by simmering salt riblets with your vegetables. I use potato, onion, turnip, cabbage, parsnip and carrots. Usually people soak the riblets overnight but I do mine for over 24 hours changing the water several times otherwise I find it too salty. People in Newfoundland often make pease pudding with it but we both don’t like it. Every year we bring back riblets with us from Newfoundland so we can have it several times during the year.

@laura9400
    Awesome steps and goals!

@red1185
    Nice loss! What can we do to help turn that I don’t want too into a want to?

@Morethanjustanumber
    I hope you feel better. Rest up.

@rwood566
    Fingers crossed you get your drain out today.

@nite_0wl
    Nice steps! I used to be a night owl but lucky if I can stay up past 10:30 some days.

@aneedlecraft
    Mini walks help me. I hope you can find a pool. I love decluttering. It’s taking me forever but I am slowly going through the apartment.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    jimboden3 wrote: »
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Monday (June 6, 2022)
    PW: 229.1
    CW: 230.3
    SW: 240

Unlike the major front yard landscaping project last weekend (64 K steps between May 28 - 30), this weekend was filled with 3 graduation parties (our daughter from college and two high schools for kids of close friends) so it was mostly eating and drinking. Since I also worked most of the weekend for a big deadline today, I'm actually surprised I didn't gain more. That said, I'm looking forward to this week and getting back to the basics again.

It’s hard juggling social events and weight loss. Have a great week!

peng123 wrote: »
    Happy Monday, Downsizers! It's nice to be checking-in with all of you! Last week was horrible - I was at the hospital all week with my mother and for the first time in over a year, my eating/tracking fell by the wayside. My mother came home on Friday evening - so I'm hoping for a more routine week. Thankfully, I was able to go to the grocery store this weekend and I have prepped all of my meals for the week. I hope you are all doing well - I will try to catch up on earlier posts today.

Cara

Glad your Mom is home. I know you can get back to your normal eating this week. Great job prepping.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps: 11,506
    exercise: laps and water aerobics
    log food: yes

I got my flowers yesterday and prepped the pots. I had a terrible nights sleep because of pain. I feel nauseous due to the poor sleep and still lots of pain. I took some anti nausea medication and I am going to lie down for awhile. Hopefully, I will feel better when I wake up and can head to the pool. If not I will take it easy the rest of the day.

Hope you are having a great start to the week!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Congratulations to our top three biggest losers for week one!

@nekishaearly
    @JaysFan82
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 6/5
    Step count 1084

6/3 steps were a paltry 802

Being sick has really wiped me out but hopefully I am on the mend starting today!
  • gharvey2753
    gharvey2753 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Weigh in gharvey2753
    Previous: 169.8ibs
    Current 170.2ibs

Ok week not 100% sticking to 1600 calories and having a good bbq with nice weather so all in all not bad. Need to go well next few weeks as looking for a holiday soon. 165ibs by then would be nice.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Just got back from our walk ... it was nice since everyone is out for summer break ... My daughter isn't out until this Friday then she will be a Senior in HS come August ...Where does time go? anyway we walked 123 minutes ...5.09 miles with a 629 calorie burn :)
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 6/5: 11,646
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Back from vacation. Went in and weigh myself. Only gained a pound, which considering how much beer and food I had is a victory haha. Thank God for all the walking we did. Drunkin Popeyes chicken at 2am it turns out isn't good for you. Back to the pool tomorrow.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    5kemny7wsrur.jpg

Here is my bingo card for Sunday and Monday

Here is my share a recipe

Mini Dizzy Dogs

1/2 sheet refrigerated crescent roll dough(half of the 8 ounce package)
    20 mini hot dogs or smoked sausages
    Ketchup and mustard
    1.Preheat oven to 375. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
    2. Cut dough lengthwise into 20(1/4-inch strips.Coil one dough strip around one hot dog. Place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough strips and hot dogs.
    3. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown. Serve warm with ketchup and mustard for dipping
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    4mbarw7l5zpj.jpg
    Picture of shared recipe
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 Those dizzy dogs look amazing!!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    peng123 wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 Those dizzy dogs look amazing!!

Thanks !! :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Anyone else having trouble with the new dashboard?
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I hate technology change so I naturally I hate this lol
This discussion has been closed.