TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (June)

Replies

• DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 5,024 Member
    edited June 2022
    @BlissfulK I'm sorry if I overlooked it, but did you post a weigh-in for Sunday? Thanks! :)

Ditto for @Mrscanmore :)
  • DaffyGirl88
    KimR_1986 wrote: »
    Daily Post Sunday 6/5
    Track: Yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: Yes, some housework and gardening
    Goals/Day/Comments: Hi there I'm Kim, mom of three small children. I struggle with being consistent with my weight loss so I'm hoping being here will help keep me on track.

@KimR_1986 Hi Kim, and welcome. Being in this group has definitely helped keep ME on track. I've taken breaks periodically for vacations, or when I didn't feel like logging / posting everyday so just weighed in weekly, but overall it has been a tremendous help!!
  • KimR_1986
    KimR_1986 Posts: 118 Member
    Daily Post Monday 6/6
    Calories: over a little bit
    Exercise: Yes
  • JbeanR0212
    JbeanR0212 Posts: 721 Member
    edited June 2022
    MUAC Post
    Daily Post: Tuesday (6/7)
    Calories: Yes - Under
    Exercise: Yes (30 min. Hatha Yoga, 30 min. Light Rowing & 30 min. Light strength training)
    Goals/Day/Comments: Had a terrible nights rest thanks to my PTSD (13 min. Deep/ 1 hr. 28 REM, 3.10 light, the rest of my 8.5hrs in bed registered as awake). My sleeping BPM shot up & down like a roller coaster all night from 43 to 126! It’s been almost 20 years & remains a difficult topic. I wish mental health wasn’t taboo. Nobodies pain should be wrapped in shame but it frequently gets dressed that way. I don’t want or need pity, a little bit of compassion or empathy goes a long way. Still sore on top of exhausted. Took a much needed rest & recovery day (still moving) which included meditation & a nap.💧144 oz. - Over, ⛑ 15 (158) - Working towards, 👟 6,269 - Under
    Quote: “To live in the body of a survivor is to never be able to leave the scene of the crime. I cannot ignore the fact that I live here.” - Blythe Baird
    (am report for previous day)
  • JbeanR0212
    Monday 6 June
    Track: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes

So my Fitbit isn't syncing again 😠 my diary says I'm over by 14 calories but I did a spin class after dinner so I know I burned those off.

I'm going to reserve judgement on the new interface for now...

@DaffyGirl88 - They have a group forum on the new interface. Hoping you shared your comment there. My Apple steps & active workouts didn’t import correctly either. I noticed other people sharing similar info good for them to know what bugs need fixin’.

P.S. Go you!

• Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    @DaffyGirl88 Can I please change my weigh in day to Wed? I was at 165.1 for my last weeks weigh in. I'll post again tomorrow.
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Monday - logged - no
    under - no
    exercise - yes, speed repeats

Sunday
    logged - no
    under - no
    exercise - long bike outside.

So, I've significantly increased my exercise, but not I'm finding I'm hungry all the time, and then less likely to log!
  • LMK02020
    LMK02020 Posts: 175 Member
    6/6
    Tracked: yes
    Under: Definitely no
    Exercise: Unfortunately no, began to torrential rain as I was going to go to pickle ball

6/7
    Tracked: threw in the towel on my fifth roll 🙂. It was raining and I needed some carbs and ice cream !!
    Under: no my bread consumption basically was my daily caloric allotment 😳
    Exercise: just yoga
  • DaffyGirl88
    Mrscanmore wrote: »
    Monday - logged - no
    under - no

Sunday
    logged - no
    under - no

So, I've significantly increased my exercise, but not I'm finding I'm hungry all the time, and then less likely to log!

@Mrscanmore you absolutely can change your day. And I totally get being hungrier. Long rides do that to me too. Maybe find a filling high protein snack to have right after?
  • DaffyGirl88
    LMK02020 wrote: »
    6/6
    Under: Definitely no
    Exercise: Unfortunately no, began to torrential rain as I was going to go to pickle ball

6/7
    Tracked: threw in the towel on my fifth roll 🙂. It was raining and I needed some carbs and ice cream !!
    Under: no my bread consumption basically was my daily caloric allotment 😳
    Exercise: just yoga

@LMK02020 Pickleball!?! I have to drag my husband kicking and screaming. Thus it will be a year next week since we've played. 😔
  • mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    6/7
    Exercise: yes - 3 mile walk
  • JbeanR0212
    Mrscanmore wrote: »
    Monday - logged - no
    under - no

Sunday
    logged - no
    under - no

Stick with it @Mrscanmore and don’t get discouraged. Accountability is key & you’ve got this! I’m freshly back on the wagon but I know at times your gut can play tricks on you & it may need to readjust. Water, water, water and small yet mighty snacks. Maybe re-check your BMR & adjust your input/goal (if necessary) to compensate for the exercise. Hang in there girl, your team is here for you!
  • JbeanR0212
    Hang in there @LMK02020, you’ve got this. The rain has been messing with me bunches here too and it has me thinking. How can we support eachother when the weather interferes with our plan?
  • BlissfulK
    BlissfulK Posts: 417 Member
    📊: No
    ⬇️: ?
    👟: Yes
  • BlissfulK
    @BlissfulK I'm sorry if I overlooked it, but did you post a weigh-in for Sunday? Thanks! :)

Ditto for @Mrscanmore :)

@DaffyGirl88

Sorry I’m late, it’s been a busy week!

I thought I posted, if I didn’t

PW: 136.0

CW: 135.4
  • BlissfulK
    @BlissfulK Curious...why can't you log your food and continue to research your diet at the same time? 😯 TIA

I wish I could! It’s not that easy

Logging is time consuming with a busy schedule. I cook all my meals and have to take the time to create recipes in the app. Since I’m making a lot of changes, it is easier to know what foods I will be eating and then create recipes, then continue tracking from there.

I found out some more information about my current meals and had to create all new recipes/foods to log. I had to eliminate all the recipes I created and make new ones. Im working on the foundation of a long term lifestyle. The way I eat now is the way I’m going to be eating once I reach weight/health/fitness goals. It takes time to set a solid foundation for long term success.

My weight loss is probably going to be at a slower pace now.

I might gain this week since body is going through a diet change, hopefully not, fingers crossed!
  • MamaSunflowers
    MamaSunflowers Posts: 231 Member
    edited June 2022
    Ajdvegan
    PW: 163
    CW: 161

Hi everyone!
    I'm a new mum struggling to lose all weight I put on during pregnancy. I'm not new to weightloss though as I have gained and lost a few times before, but this time seems to be more difficult as I can't exercise as I used to.
    My baby girl is 5 months old and she is amazing. I accept that my body isn't the same as it was prepregnancy, so she is my WHY for weightloss. I babywear a lot and the extra weight I'm carrying, plus her weight is putting huge pressure on my knees. I want to be lighter so I can play with her and be fit enough to include her in all my adventures without even thinking about it.i want to be the best possible version of myself for her, and to be a good example of eating well.

Looking forward to being in this challenge and working towards my goals with you all!
  • DaffyGirl88
    Tuesday 7 June
    Track: yes
    Exercise: yes

Happy Hump Day!! 🐪🐫
  • DaffyGirl88
    edited June 2022
    BlissfulK wrote: »
    @BlissfulK Curious...why can't you log your food and continue to research your diet at the same time? 😯 TIA

I wish I could! It’s not that easy

Logging is time consuming with a busy schedule. I cook all my meals and have to take the time to create recipes in the app. Since I’m making a lot of changes, it is easier to know what foods I will be eating and then create recipes, then continue tracking from there.

I found out some more information about my current meals and had to create all new recipes/foods to log. I had to eliminate all the recipes I created and make new ones. Im working on the foundation of a long term lifestyle. The way I eat now is the way I’m going to be eating once I reach weight/health/fitness goals. It takes time to set a solid foundation for long term success.

My weight loss is probably going to be at a slower pace now.

I might gain this week since body is going through a diet change, hopefully not, fingers crossed!

@BlissfulK Shoowee that's a lot of work! 😯 This is why I eat the same thing every day for lunch, grilled chicken breast. I cook it up on Sunday, parse it out into 5 containers for the week, and I'm done. None of that daily "what am I gonna have for lunch today?" stuff for me. I've listened to people at work (when I used to go into the office) discuss lunch for two hours. Should we have McD's, Subway or pizza today? 😕 Me, I just grab a container and my salad and I'm good to go.

We eat very simply at home. I have a couple of recipes created but we typically just have a protein, a vegetable and a salad for dinner (lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, onion). Because of that logging is pretty quick and easy. I just scroll down the first page of my Frequent Foods tab and check the boxes. 😊

Good for you for putting this much thought and effort into it! 👍🏆
  • JbeanR0212
    MUAC Post
    *accounting for previous day - morning review

Daily Post: Wednesday (6/8)
    Calories: Yes - Over
    Exercise: Yes (Cross Country hike + 50 min. moderate rowing)
    Goals/Day/Comments: Another horrible nights rest but I will persevere! Took a nice afternoon hike with the kids and had hoped to call my exercise. Then I met up with an old friend……all I needed was 1 delicious margarita to put me over and then there was dessert! I won’t even dig into the sodium. Tried to work it off in the evening but was just too exhausted after all of the sunshine and poor sleep to put in the necessary vigor. 💧170 oz. - exceeded, ⛑+40 (199) - Working towards, 👟11,457 - Met
    Quote: “Success is not final; failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston S. Churchill
  • JbeanR0212
    ajdvegan wrote: »
    Ajdvegan

Hi everyone!
    I'm a new mum struggling to lose all weight I put on during pregnancy. I'm not new to weightloss though as I have gained and lost a few times before, but this time seems to be more difficult as I can't exercise as I used to.
    My baby girl is 5 months old and she is amazing. I accept that my body isn't the same as it was prepregnancy, so she is my WHY for weightloss. I babywear a lot and the extra weight I'm carrying, plus her weight is putting huge pressure on my knees. I want to be lighter so I can play with her and be fit enough to include her in all my adventures without even thinking about it.i want to be the best possible version of myself for her, and to be a good example of eating well.

Looking forward to being in this challenge and working towards my goals with you all!

Thanks for sharing, what a beautiful story. I have 3 kids and for me the post pregnancy weight was the easiest to shed every time. All I had to do was walk a couple miles a day & nurse but everybody’s body is different. I’m at the biggest hill I’ve ever had to climb (metaphorically) but I’m determined. The hardest part for me right now is running out of breath, still recovering from CoVID (November). Wish I had recommendations for your knees, hopefully someone else on here has some wisdom for you.

P.S. Love the pic! I love to kayak too. If I could be on the water every day I would.
  • KimR_1986
    6/7
    Exercise: no
  • KimR_1986
    KimR_1986

PW =299.6
    CW=290.5
  • KimR_1986
    Ajdvegan

Hi everyone!

Hi same boat with trying to lose the baby weight, my youngest is 8 months. I always find the pre pregnancy weight the hardest to lose, but now I've stacked together 3 kids worth it. I baby wear too and it does do a number on me but it does get easier as I get used to his currently 25lb wiggling load. But we can do this!
  • DaffyGirl88
    KimR_1986

PW =299.6
    CW=290.5

@KimR_1986 Woot! Way to start us off!! 🥳
  • DaffyGirl88
    @ajdvegan and @JbeanR0212 Let's get together somewhere and go kayaking!! :)
    9rvc2i93xnbx.jpg
  • DaffyGirl88
    JbeanR0212 wrote: »
    MUAC Post
    *accounting for previous day - morning review

Daily Post: Wednesday (6/8)
    Calories: Yes - Over
    Exercise: Yes (Cross Country hike + 50 min. moderate rowing)
    Goals/Day/Comments: Another horrible nights rest but I will persevere! Took a nice afternoon hike with the kids and had hoped to call my exercise. Then I met up with an old friend……all I needed was 1 delicious margarita to put me over and then there was dessert! I won’t even dig into the sodium. Tried to work it off in the evening but was just too exhausted after all of the sunshine and poor sleep to put in the necessary vigor. 💧170 oz. - exceeded, ⛑+40 (199) - Working towards, 👟11,457 - Met
    Quote: “Success is not final; failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston S. Churchill

@JbeanR0212 Gotta watch out for those margaritas, they'll get you every time. :p
  • DaffyGirl88
    Ajdvegan

Hi everyone!

@ajdvegan My why is similar. Since I'm a "few" years older than you ;) I'm looking to be able to play with my grandbabies. Last year I taught my 3 yo grandson how to log roll down a hill. I know that MY grandparents never did anything like that. They sat in a chair and smelled slightly musty. I hope to be out kayaking and riding my bike for many years yet.
  • JbeanR0212
    edited June 2022
    KimR_1986

PW =299.6
    CW=290.5

@KimR_1986 Way to go!!!!!! This is so awesome to see. Congratulations. Keep doing what you’re doing.

• JbeanR0212
    edited June 2022
    @DaffyGirl88 I would love to but by the looks of the landscape you don’t live anywhere near me (Colorado, US)

Tried to add a pic of recent trip to Lake Powell (late March) but MFP upload keeps failing.