• DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,493 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Sunday 5 June
    Track: mostly
    Under: no
    Exercise: yes

Went to local bar and sat on the patio with a glass of sangria. 🍹 No clue how many calories it had, but it was worth it to sit and absorb the sunshine. 😎
  • DaffyGirl88
    edited June 2022
    Options
    @BlissfulK Curious...why can't you log your food and continue to research your diet at the same time? 😯 TIA
  • DaffyGirl88
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Good morning all! 🙋‍♀️ And welcome to all of the newbies!

My name is Sue, and I am 61 years old. I live in southern Maryland, am married, have two grown kids (1 in Seattle, 1 in VA), 1 grandbaby (VA) and 1 fur baby 🐶. I work full time, currently teleworking which appears may go on forever. I love to read, ride my bike, quilt, and make greeting cards. I am always up for a challenge and am usually involved in multiple reading, fitness and Fitbit challenges at any given time. 📚🚶

I have been on MFP for almost 10 years now and part of TBBT for 2 years. Wow...time sure does fly!! I joined TBBT after COVID/teleworking caused my weight to climb. I am closing in on my “official” goal of 140 lbs but will probably revise it down a bit when/if I ever hit it. It took me years (almost 20) to crack the 150 barrier so we’ll see. :)

Now that summer is finally here I am looking forward to being able to get back outside and bike / hike / kayak. My heel spur is still giving me trouble so I'm still not walking as much as I would like. :( I will be travelling to Seattle to visit my son next week and we always do a lot of walking there so I'm resting it as much as possible now. We like to seek out restaurants we haven't been to before, and there are literally thousands there, so that will be a challenge.

Anyway, welcome everyone and here's to another great month for TBBT!!! 🎉
  • DaffyGirl88
    edited June 2022
    Options
    JbeanR0212 wrote: »
    Hi there team, newbie here & super excited to get started. MFP worked really well for me years ago but the last 5 years of life have been full of obstacles. Unfortunately I let all that depression and anxiety run my life and destroy all of my healthy habits. I’m ready to gain control of my life and get back to the things I used to enjoy!

MUAC Post
    Daily Post: Sunday
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes (over)
    Exercise: Yes (30 min rowing, 16 min. Aerobics, 2.5 mile walk)
    Goals/Day/Comments: My goals are not to just merely loose weight but to get in better cardio health and eat better. With that in mind I’m looking to have a minimum of 30 minutes of active exercise at least 5 times a week. Yesterday put me at 68 PAI, I am new to my first fitness band and am hoping to achieve 100 year round. I am on a 7 day streak and have registered a loss, wahoo! I went over my calories yesterday by a little (other days I have stuck with the plan pretty well) but at least I moved around a-lot. I made over 10k steps & am getting better with my water intake. I am also registering better quality sleep. Not sure if I am doing this right but since it’s morning here my remarks above are a report on yesterday.
    Quote: “All progress takes place outside of your comfort zone.”

Weekly Weigh-In Post:
    JbeanR0212
    Week 1
    PW =173
    CW=171.4

@JbeanR0212 Welcome!! 🙋‍♀️ I'll admit I had to Google PAI to see what it was. 🤷‍♀️ I'm usually all in with a challenge or new thing to track. I'm usually in multiple Fitbit challenges and am currently trying to Walk to Mordor, although I'm still 712 miles away. 😂 I may have to read more into this as my FB doesn't track that so it may be too much of an effort for me. 🙃
  • JbeanR0212
    JbeanR0212 Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    MUAC Post
    Daily Post: (Monday)
    Calories: Yes - Under
    Exercise: Yes (23 min. Rowing + yard work 1.5hr.)
    Goals/Day/Comments: Sore but feeling optimistic & working toward my goals. Starting my mornings by accounting for previous day.💧128 oz. (met), ⛑ +74 (143) - working towards, 👟 8,107 - close
    Quote: “The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the upmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.” - Eleanor Roosevelt
  • JbeanR0212
    Options
    @JbeanR0212 Welcome!! 🙋‍♀️ I'll admit I had to Google PAI to see what it was. 🤷‍♀️ I'm usually all in with a challenge or new thing to track. I'm usually in multiple Fitbit challenges and am currently trying to Walk to Mordor, although I'm still 712 miles away. 😂 I may have to read more into this as my FB doesn't track that so it may be too much of an effort for me. 🙃

Appreciate the welcome. Like I mentioned I’ve never owned a fitness band before so I’m learning. When I had it on for half of day one my PAI report predicted my age at 17 years beyond and as out of shape as I am and sedentary I was I figure it was probably accurate. As I did my first workout I saw it calculate & slightly adjust so I did some reading. I especially like how it factors in not just exercise but cardio health (and gets harder to achieve the more fit you become) so I decided to aim for 100 daily. Not sure how you would track PAI if your Fitbit doesn’t do it. I was looking at either it or the Garmin but figured the $30 Amazfit would do for now (Amazon). I love that you are trying to walk to Mordor!!! What a fun & creative way to get moving. Also like to see that you kayak. I love kayaking but haven’t been able to get out on the water since late March (weather/life in general). I also love to whitewater raft & take at least one trip out every year (not gutsy enough to attempt in a sport kayak until my kids are grown (single mom w/ sole custody). Again, thanks for the welcome & inspiration. I’m really excited to be a part of the team.
  • mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    6/5
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: No
  • KimR_1986
    KimR_1986 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Sunday 6/5
    Calories: under
    Exercise: Yes, some housework and gardening
    Goals/Day/Comments: Hi there I'm Kim, mom of three small children. I struggle with being consistent with my weight loss so I'm hoping being here will help keep me on track.
  • mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    6/6
    Exercise: No - haven’t been feeling good. Missed work and stayed in bed most the day
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Monday 6 June
    Track: yes

So my Fitbit isn't syncing again 😠 my diary says I'm over by 14 calories but I did a spin class after dinner so I know I burned those off.

I'm going to reserve judgement on the new interface for now...
  • DaffyGirl88
    edited June 2022
    Options
    @BlissfulK I'm sorry if I overlooked it, but did you post a weigh-in for Sunday? Thanks! :)

Ditto for @Mrscanmore :)
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    KimR_1986 wrote: »
    Daily Post Sunday 6/5
    Calories: under
    Exercise: Yes, some housework and gardening
    Goals/Day/Comments: Hi there I'm Kim, mom of three small children. I struggle with being consistent with my weight loss so I'm hoping being here will help keep me on track.

@KimR_1986 Hi Kim, and welcome. Being in this group has definitely helped keep ME on track. I've taken breaks periodically for vacations, or when I didn't feel like logging / posting everyday so just weighed in weekly, but overall it has been a tremendous help!!
  • KimR_1986
    KimR_1986 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Monday 6/6
    Calories: over a little bit
    Exercise: Yes
  • JbeanR0212
    edited June 2022
    Options
    MUAC Post
    Daily Post: Tuesday (6/7)
    Calories: Yes - Under
    Exercise: Yes (30 min. Hatha Yoga, 30 min. Light Rowing & 30 min. Light strength training)
    Goals/Day/Comments: Had a terrible nights rest thanks to my PTSD (13 min. Deep/ 1 hr. 28 REM, 3.10 light, the rest of my 8.5hrs in bed registered as awake). My sleeping BPM shot up & down like a roller coaster all night from 43 to 126! It’s been almost 20 years & remains a difficult topic. I wish mental health wasn’t taboo. Nobodies pain should be wrapped in shame but it frequently gets dressed that way. I don’t want or need pity, a little bit of compassion or empathy goes a long way. Still sore on top of exhausted. Took a much needed rest & recovery day (still moving) which included meditation & a nap.💧144 oz. - Over, ⛑ 15 (158) - Working towards, 👟 6,269 - Under
    Quote: “To live in the body of a survivor is to never be able to leave the scene of the crime. I cannot ignore the fact that I live here.” - Blythe Baird
    (am report for previous day)
  • JbeanR0212
    Options
    Monday 6 June
    Track: yes

So my Fitbit isn't syncing again 😠 my diary says I'm over by 14 calories but I did a spin class after dinner so I know I burned those off.

I'm going to reserve judgement on the new interface for now...

@DaffyGirl88 - They have a group forum on the new interface. Hoping you shared your comment there. My Apple steps & active workouts didn’t import correctly either. I noticed other people sharing similar info good for them to know what bugs need fixin’.

P.S. Go you!

• Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    @DaffyGirl88 Can I please change my weigh in day to Wed? I was at 165.1 for my last weeks weigh in. I'll post again tomorrow.
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    Monday - logged - no
    under - no
    exercise - yes, speed repeats

Sunday
    logged - no
    under - no
    exercise - long bike outside.

So, I've significantly increased my exercise, but not I'm finding I'm hungry all the time, and then less likely to log!
  • LMK02020
    LMK02020 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    6/6
    Under: Definitely no
    Exercise: Unfortunately no, began to torrential rain as I was going to go to pickle ball

6/7
    Tracked: threw in the towel on my fifth roll 🙂. It was raining and I needed some carbs and ice cream !!
    Under: no my bread consumption basically was my daily caloric allotment 😳
    Exercise: just yoga
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Mrscanmore wrote: »
    Monday - logged - no
    under - no
    exercise - yes, speed repeats

Sunday
    logged - no
    under - no
    exercise - long bike outside.

So, I've significantly increased my exercise, but not I'm finding I'm hungry all the time, and then less likely to log!

@Mrscanmore you absolutely can change your day. And I totally get being hungrier. Long rides do that to me too. Maybe find a filling high protein snack to have right after?
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    LMK02020 wrote: »
    6/6
    Under: Definitely no
    Exercise: Unfortunately no, began to torrential rain as I was going to go to pickle ball

6/7
    Tracked: threw in the towel on my fifth roll 🙂. It was raining and I needed some carbs and ice cream !!
    Under: no my bread consumption basically was my daily caloric allotment 😳
    Exercise: just yoga

@LMK02020 Pickleball!?! I have to drag my husband kicking and screaming. Thus it will be a year next week since we've played. 😔