June 2022 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,959 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic Good luck with your Spartan Run this weekend. I hope it isn't as muddy as you expect. If it is, channel your inner child and enjoy the mess.

@eleanorhawkins Have you tried to add baking soda to your wash. That seemed to help when I was trying to get the stink out of some of my running gear. Glad you took the self defense class and feel more confident. I'd like to do that at some point. You make a good point about running abilities. I haven't gotten to the point that 10 miles is "easy" or "mundane," but do often feel 2 or 3 miles isn't a biggie anymore when it wasn't too long ago that I was having a hard time with those.

• Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic Good luck on the Spartan race!
    @Teresa502 glad you had a great time in Ireland! Sounds amazing.
    @7lenny7 glad you weren't seriously hurt by that stick 😳 Good running though!

6 easy treadmill miles this evening. Just felt like I needed that.

exercise.png
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,973 Member
    Options
    June Goal: 100 Miles

6/1: 5.51 miles
    6/2: 5.04 miles
    6/5: 7.10 miles
    6/7: 5.51 miles

23.16/100 miles completed for June

I ran 5.5 miles today. It wasn't a bad run, but it was too warm to be a great run. You know when you get up at 4:30 in the morning and it is 80°F it is going to be a hot run. But there was some breeze and that helped.

@7lenny7 Sunny lives in a run down house next door to her owners. She lives by herself but there are some ducks and chickens that sometimes come inside her house. I just realized I said Sunny, not Lilly. 😊

@katharmonic Good luck on the Spartan!

@Teresa502 Glad you are back and that you were able to get some running done on your trip.

@7lenny7 Glad you weren't seriously injured.

exercise.png
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 ah ok that makes sense, guess I missed or forgot your greater plans. I'm possibly doing something similar with a couple of mountain HMs in September and early October in preparation for my 35k at the end of October. Still damn impressive though, even more so when you talk about more than one 50k race relatively in a row lol.
    Sounds like your game of stick or snake would almost have been better off being a snake! Hope there's no long-lasting damage.

@polskagirl01 well done making that decision, I'm sure it was a tough one but it sounds like it was the right one. We do need to remember that we're meant to enjoy these things! I saw something on social media the other day that reminded me of that... a spectator sign towards the end of some marathon that read "remember you PAID to do this!"

As I'm going to the UK on the 18th, my crazy mind decided I need to get this month's HM distance done this weekend just in case I can't do it after I get home again, so I've tweaked this week's runs by shortening today's and tomorrow's to balance out the mileage. It was already around 27C (80F ish) at 8 am, so I was quite glad it was only 2 miles. Such a relief not to have to force myself to run mid-morning anymore. I want to make a solo venture up to the top of the nearest mountain on Saturday morning, really need to make sure I'm up and out there early to avoid the heat.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,959 Member
    Options
    Thanks @katharmonic . I was thinking last night how I really need to run somewhere besides my driveway. I'm getting tired of doing laps, so I can see how changing up your route a little bit is motivating. Great running.

Nice job on the treadmill run @Scott6255 .

@kgirlhart That is hot for 4:30 am! Great job on getting it done.

@polskagirl01 You just broke your shoes in right! Now you won't worry about getting them dirty. :wink: Nice running and love the road and wildlife.

Great running and planning @eleanorhawkins . You are having hot weather too. It does make a difference.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,058 Member
    Options
    June total: 31.7/117 miles

6/1: 4.1 mile
    6/2: 3 miles
    6/3: 3.2 miles
    6/4: 8.2 miles
    6/5: 3.2 miles
    6/6: 5 miles
    6/8: 5 miles

Rest day yesterday. My husband joined me in the hill country a couple of days ago so we did some much needed yard work in the morning then retreated into the AC and watched movies for the rest of the day.
    Today, I ran 5 miles. Not much cloud cover today so my sunblock got a good workout too. The breeze is pretty steady out here so that helps a lot with the feel of the warmer temps. I get out around 7am most days so as I am finishing the sun is getting to a point that I get to experience the full sun. It’s amazing how the same temperature feels so much warmer if the sun is on you.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    01.06. 5.52km at 8:09min/km
    02.06. 3.00km at 7:46min/km
    08.06. 3.02km at 8.08min/km

11.50/60km

Quite far behind, at 4.5km but I was on a super strenuous short trip to Serbia, getting up at 5 to catch my flight, being rather tired all trip long and still walking long distances, at humid 30+ C. So that was totally worth it. Today's run didn't go too well, but that's not surprising. It never does after flights for some reason. So whatever. I started again.
    Btw, how come I don't get notifications if someone mentions me within a group?
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,973 Member
    Options
    June Goal: 100 Miles

6/1: 5.51 miles
    6/2: 5.04 miles
    6/5: 7.10 miles
    6/7: 5.51 miles
    6/8: 6.01 miles

29.17/100 miles completed for June

I thought today's run would be a struggle because it was 80°F when I got up. But it turned out to be a pretty good run. The sprinklers were on at the courthouse, so I ran through them and it really helped. I ended up running 6 miles today.

Beautiful pictures @teresa502

exercise.png