Introduce Yourself

Replies

• skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    edited June 2022
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    I think young Jesi is hoping for a more esoteric hot.

I had to google esoteric :D I'm too old to be using phrases like "hot girl summer" but I try to be hip to the groove with the youths :p
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,587 Member
    edited June 2022
    Hey, it's @Yoolypr who claimed you were looking for a more esoteric hot, and given she was an ESL teacher I'm going to assume she was going for a more Greek nod to inner hotness as opposed to some mystical mumbo jumbo!🤣

However I still think that hot is hot 😎 especially at the meltdown temps she posts!

I'm anti sweating in my old(ishlike) age, and 72 is plenty hot outside when sunny!😘
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,818 Member
    Inner hotness - feeling confident and good about yourself. Although it’s not always about weight, losing some can’t hurt.

External hotness 🔥. We have no 72F even at night. Check out Sunday (42C) 🥵
    xnlzzfi5t9t1.jpeg

• Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,761 Member
    Gosh Yooly I feel overwhelmed and exhausted just looking at that weather forecast, let alone trying to function in those temperatures. You have my sincere sympathies!
  • Yoolypr
    I’m sure the people in Phoenix, Las Vegas, Dubai are laughing their butts off at my paltry heat wave. But 95F is more usual here. Sooooo....... no more complaints!
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    We are going to be in the high 80's, low 90's this week here in Wisconsin and I'm sure the humidity will be above 90% so I will be staying inside as much as possible until this passes. :s
  • PAV8888
    Hmmm.... the thing is whether they're laughing or not.... the ability to function and do things is as impacted by "extreme" hit and "extreme" cold weather. Do we ackimitise given time? After 2-3 years I believe most people do even when moving from hot to cold or cold to hot. But it still affects and I still think that 15 -21C is much much better than 0 or 30!🙀😎
  • Bella_Figura
    edited June 2022
    I admire anyone who manages to function in a climate that is extreme either at the icy/snowy/cold end or the hot/humid/steamy end. Neither are conducive to normal living.

I'm soooooo grateful that I live in a temperate climate, where even on the hottest summer day I can still continue to walk and cycle...and when the most I have to tolerate in the most severe winter is a few days of icy/snowy pavements. The winter just gone we had only 16 nights of sub-zero temperatures, and not one solitary snow flake...

Today is the hottest day of the year so far...tomorrow hotter still. But then back to cooler temps for my camping trip next week...

jucp266v7szz.png
  • Yoolypr
    Temperate climates - I dream about that. In the meantime we’re into week three of 100+
    ot0pnjjasnja.jpeg
  • Bella_Figura
    Oh Yooly! 🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,611 Member
    Sounds like your climate is just perfect, Bella. Can't imagine living through that, Yooly. We've had a decent spring here temperature wise. A few days feeling at or above 100 (actual temp in the low to mid 90s) - but only a few. Today is going to be a hot one. Not any sun even - just like walking in soup. Time to put in my window air conditioner soon :) I don't have central heat or air - just a small brick house well protected on both sides.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    113 degree heat index today at 96 degrees and over 80% humidity….ugh
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    It's been terrible like that here, Connie. I haven't felt well cause of mouth issues, and miserably hot too.... so hot my bedroom air conditioner can't keep up. And I really can't nap when it's 85 in the room. (sigh)

But it's supposed to cool off a lot at night this weekend and for most of next week, and that's much more tolerable.
  • PAV8888
    Well, I hear that Vancouver has temperate weather and no PAV in residence!
  • lauriekallis
    No PAV in residence - then what is the point to even thinking about Vancouver?
  • PAV8888
    Faint hope?
  • bojaantje3822
    bojaantje3822 Posts: 257 Member
    I finally got a taste of what you've been describing. Yesterday it was a relatively pleasant 29C and today it's 35C! It's only a few days, it's supposed to rain tomorrow at like 24 degrees and storm tonight in some parts of the country but these two days are intense. We never had hot summers so no one has AC and most households don't even own a fan. We had a few heat waves over summer a few years ago but pandemic temperatures have been less hot iirc. There have been warnings to stay inside because of the heat and smog but I guess it's still better than the situation in France and Spain
  • lauriekallis
    Whereabouts do you live, Bojaantje? It is kinda fun in this group - people are everwhere!
  • Yoolypr
    vokh75lamkxj.jpeg
    So week #4 of unbearable heat and looks like we’ll slide into July even hotter.🔥🔥🔥 It ain’t even August which is usually the worst. I can expect summers to be in the 95 degree range but this?
    And no rain in sight. But that would only raise the humidity more.
  • bojaantje3822
    bojaantje3822 Posts: 257 Member
    I'm in the Netherlands and while it's a tiny country, the temperature differences can be surprising. My mum lives in the southeast and I'm visiting her. We're at the pool and it's great. I live on the west coast and it's at least 6 degrees cooler there, possibly more, and it's gonna storm there tonight. But I went to the beach yesterday and that was great fun, though I got sunburnt