Mission Slimpossibles Team Chat - JULY 2022

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,043 Member
edited July 2022 in Social Groups
3xybgbfq0cqa.png
Here is your Team chat room for July 2022. This is where you weigh weekly, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land there any time.

We have five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @trooworld
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and open

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @peng123 & @MeowScout
Mission Slimpossibles - @katmary71
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods
Shape Shifters - @angmarie28 & @PatriceFitnessPal

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The July challenge runs from June 26 - July 30. F2F months always start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday, so adjust your calendars!

Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail. At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard.

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you take a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or are moved to the Support Team for longer. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month and year begin!!

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,887 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! A big welcome to the new team members, and welcome back to the returning members, I am so glad you are here!

I am one of your Mission Slimpossibles captains along with @broncobuddee. Our wonderful motivator is @Katmary71!

CHECK-IN PROCESS
    Along with our weekly weigh-ins, we REALLY encourage our team members to participate in regular check-ins. It’s a great way to stay accountable to yourself and it allows the team to cheer you on and offer support as you need it. We are a community, and we are stronger together!

LET'S GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER
    Please share a little bit about you: your name, where you live, and what brought you to the Fat2Fit Challenge Group. Also share anything else you would like to, including any goals for the year. We are here to support and cheer you as you go through your weight loss adventure!

MY INTRODUCTION
    Hi everyone. My name is Chris. I live in Southern California with my husband and cute one-eyed pirate pug. Up until my mid-20s, I was a healthy weight but then the mid-20s hit and along with that came medications that made me gain weight as well as poor lifestyle choices. I am on WW (formerly known as Weight Watchers) and I track all of my food and activity in the WW app. I have lost about 17 lbs and have another 65 lbs to go. For exercise, I like to walk and talk with friends as well as hike but I don't hike much anymore. I've also recently started using our Tonal (www.tonal.com) and I love that. I've been using that consistently for 6 weeks now. Now, it's your turn! Tell us about YOU!
  • trooworld
    Options
    @micaroo4 That's great that the weather is nice there. Enjoy!

@davors19 @DanielleHeitzenrater Congrats on the losses!

@LeahIsALoser You can't control the scale, only your healthy habits. Just try to take it as data and move on. Hugs.

@Katmary71 I think it's in the mid-90s. I think the outage was for repairs rather than to avoid a brownout. I hope you enjoy the farmer's market.

@gwamajtw91 Good job tracking! And congrats on the scale going down.

@teshea69 Hi and welcome, Theresa! I'm glad you are here.

@x_Lian_x Welcome to the team!

@Cornanda Hi and nice to see you check in. I've been wondering about your new job. I'm sorry it's not a winner out of the gate, I hope it gets better.

Hi all. I had a 1.4 lb gain this week. I'm disappointed but not surprised: I was loosy goosy with my tracking. Need to get back to 100% tracked. It's really ticking me off, this gain, because if I had lost, I would have lost every week in June. :( I have to get groceries this morning and then lunch today with my friend who had to put her dog down and other than that, nothing going on today.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,107 Member
    Options
    Time to SHAKE THINGS UP! in our Jul Week 1 Group Challenge. Hope you'll join us this week!

Here's your link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10867779/july-week-1-group-challenge-shake-it-up/p1?new=1
    Jessica :smile:
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I'm Mica from Dover New Hampshire. I reached my goal weight in April 2019, and I am maintaining 127-133 (center weight 130). I work full time as a bookkeeper in a plastics factory, seasonally I commute to work by bicycle (12 miles RT), and I walk every day. I am currently working on a "Walk The Year" goal of walking 2022 miles in 2022. I do strength training 3 days per week. Not my favorite, but I know I need it.
    This is my weigh-in for Saturday 6/25 (posted same info on June Chat)
    Username: micaroo4
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW (Previous Weight): 130.6
    CW (Current Weight): 130.4
    Maintenance range of 127-133 (Center weight 130)
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,555 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Kathy and I'm a team motivator, I'm 50 and live in the Sacramento area with my two cats. I do some work for my brother filing claims part time then volunteer with the food bank farm and with a local charity group I'm on the board of now. I came to MFP and a couple months later to this group to take charge of my health, I went off numerous pain meds for nerve pain, failed back surgery, and CRPS and had lost some weight but had stalled and decided to take charge of my health at the beginning of Jan 2019 as I was having a lot of liver issues, was diabetic, and in a lot of pain. The CRPS relapsed about 2 years ago and I gained a lot back taking steroids but am finally right above goal now. I do chair cardio, strength training, stretching, and currently am doing a belly dancing challenge. Welcome to July new and old members, let's conquer this month!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    I'm Lisa. I live in NE Florida with my husband. Our son is here for awhile- he graduated from college and is looking for his first job. Our daughter mostly lives in Tampa- she works and attends college. I've struggled with weight since the freshman 15, and it's become more of a struggle the older I get. I've been in this group for quite a bit now and I really enjoy the support and camaraderie. My weight is coming off slowly, but I'm fine with that. I like to walk and do step aerobics. I also do strength training. I just went back to work full time after having my own business for many years. Let's all do good work on our health this month!
  • trooworld
    Options
    @krea4 I'm glad you are feeling better.

@laurelfit57 Great maintenance weigh-in! No, it doesn't happen often. They were doing some maintenance on the lines so just a temporary situation. I'm glad you had good weather and were able to enjoy some family time. I hope you have fun at your brother's farm, that sounds fun!

@Katmary71 I love Swiss chard, that looks beautiful! Enjoy your Sunday!

Hi all. I had a not-so-successful-but-enjoyable Saturday. I'm going to be meal prepping today so I will set myself for some food victories this week. Have a great day!

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • x_Lian_x
    x_Lian_x Posts: 5 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Hi everyone Im Lian, im 37 live in the UK, England, I currently work for Royal Mail and have done for 13 years. I have struggled with yoyo diets for years and am hoping fitness along with calorie counting will help. I have been struggling with my mental health a lot lately and am hopin to focus my efforts on C25K to help. My weigh day will be a friday. My highest weight (started last week) was 15.2 and my current weight is 14.8 hoping to lose about 2 to 2 n half stone. Lovely to meet you all xx
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

uvu5sc6z0ucw.png
    8m0y42ig4n5d.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    1hkswelbahny.png

By Pounds
    hn5h0gf5uyfn.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    gfkh48kg1pm8.png

By Pounds
    e5upp1at6f32.png
    67oq1z4wr8pc.png

Team Winners
    zthymexdi468.png
    89475ggl8108.png
    de8hqiebwx6u.png
    9q57dac006xb.png
    9nzkmmqa4cft.png

• minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

mm1irzahbzrj.png
    c9s9imdc6a6u.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    5zlhl1wjhmag.png

By Pounds
    6ov942ctd4gf.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    cscx9luejibq.png

By Pounds
    l2exd80rpvxp.png
    apm997rm1vcx.png
    al532xxptgot.png

Team Winners
    4aozj1bvhfaz.png
    iah9zoz9v1li.png
    3tg9rscnlclm.png
    7wvnbmsswen8.png
    rodbswt12ht7.png

• RaquelFit2
    RaquelFit2 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Congrats @infamouscandi @LeahIsALoser! As a team we came in third with is awesome!🏆
  • teshea69
    teshea69 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! This may be 'user error' but I can only view the spreadsheet, I can't edit.
    I'm excited for this journey, I'm looking forward to connecting with you all! Good luck, Team Mission Slimpossible is gonna rock it!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,555 Member
    Options
    @infamouscandi @LeahIsALoser @RaquelFit2 Way to go gang!

Hi everyone, I just got home from my brother's house for dinner, my brother invited us over as my Mom's out of town so my Dad's alone right now. My brother's slowly doing better which is a relief. Not much else going on, worked out and watered at the food bank farm then had planned to clean out the shed when I got the message about going to my brother's. Have a great Monday everyone.
  • RaquelFit2
    RaquelFit2 Posts: 208 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW (Previous Weight):130.2
    CW (Current Weight): 130.2

@Katmary71 Thanks for the props! I'm finally starting to lose some weight. Goal is weight 125 lbs. by August but it might be Sept.

Warm welcome to all the new ppl. You're going to love this group. No drama and lots of support.

Been stressing about food and gas prices which has affected my overall mood towards exercise. Need to push through it and get motivated again. Had a nice weekend. Great weather and lots of relaxing. Looking forward to seeing everyones progress this week!
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I’m Gabi from hot and humid Northern VA.
    I started here 2y ago at 48yo determined to lose the last 20lb and had a 10lb swing down and then right up, so now at 50, I’m exactly at my starting point. I’m short, have an office job and frankly the preM is not that pleasant.
    I also have a cute puggle (see my avatar) and we are now on day 11 of over 6 miles walks/daily- actually 2 of those walks were with my husband, but I’ll let the dog take the win 😁. I’m talking the big talk so now I’m trying the big walk 😉.
    Good luck to all- July is here for the taking!
  • trooworld
    Options
    @infamouscandi @davidji82 @RaquelFit2 @LeahIsALoser @DanielleHeitzenrater @davors19 congrats on making it onto the leaderboard!

A special shoutout to @infamouscandi for making it into the 200s, and to @FushiaKat for losing 90 lbs!!!

And big congrats to the whole Mission Slimpossibles team for achieving 3rd place for June! Woot woot!

@x_Lian_x Hi Lian, welcome to the team! Glad to have you here.

@teshea69 Hi there. You post your weights here in the thread, you never have to mess with the spreadsheet. It's not editable for us, just the person that manages it. Let us know if you have any other questions!

@Katmary71 I'm glad you had some family time. Have a great Monday!

@RaquelFit2 Gosh I can empathize. Sometimes, I wonder when it will stop? It's so stressful. Have a great Monday!

@GabiV125 Love your pup! Congrats on those walks.

Hi all. I did my meal prep yesterday and that will surely help me this week. Right now, I've got peaches and cream Irish oats in the Instant Pot for breakfasts. I'm already looking forward to the weekend lol.

• trooworld
    Options
    @FushiaKat Congrats again!

d0fo50hic06x.png
  • judiasverdes
    judiasverdes Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    judiasverdes
    Weigh In Day: Thursday
    PW (Previous Weight): 164.9
    CW (Current Weight): 167.2

I lose and then gain, lose and then gain...the never ending cycle :( I was working late nights this past week and missed lunch and dinner, so lost all self-control once I got home and just stuffed myself with food. Hoping I can reset my weight loss game this week.

My name is Jessica, and I am from the Midwest. I struggle with emotional eating and joined this group recently hoping that it would make me more accountable. I am trying to get my eating under control and get to 130lbs.
  • judiasverdes
    judiasverdes Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    For those of you weight lifting, what program are you following? I do a lot of running and cardio and feel like while I am losing weight, I am not getting stronger/fitter and want to start lifting weights, but have no clue as to which exercises to do, how often, etc. Would love any advice you have. Please note that I do not have a smartphone (I am a bit anti-tech), so I will not be able to use apps.
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Hi Team,
    I'm Kathryn and I live in Southern California with my husband and 7 rescue cats. My weight has been an issue since puberty. I love MFP and counting calories, I plan what I'm going to eat every morning or the night before and when I've eaten everything for the day I stop. I do eat about 100 calories more on Sundays as a treat for myself. I had planned to reach my goal weight by August, but I changed it to 135 so it will take a few months longer. I've tried lots of diets, but it wasn't until I started counting calories that I was able to lose weight. I keep saying that I wish somebody would have told me about calories-in, calories-out a long time ago. I am chronically ill and disabled; I only average about 3000 steps a day.

I'm happy to say that I've recently gone from a Large to a Medium and I bought $300 worth of clothes to celebrate this weekend. I like being a medium and I think that's where I will stay. I've got to clean out my closet again, lots of clothes are too big for me now. I'm so happy not to be an XXL anymore.

This is a great team and I'm happy to be here. Just speak up if you are having issues and the team will support you however you need it. I ate to feel good, and I still struggle on my bad / high pain days.

Don't forget to celebrate your non-scale victories, losing inches is as good if not better than losing pounds. And staying on track and true to yourself is the best feeling. I use the scale as a tool now, I weigh myself every day, but I'm no longer emotionally tied to my scale.
This discussion has been closed.