Mission Slimpossibles Team Chat - JULY 2022

Replies

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,004 Member
    Happy Saturday Slims!

Well, the 7 went back in my weight for a day or two this week. I liked your post about habits @trooworld . I feel a bit out of control, but I see now that some of it is due to the reasons in the article. My exercise routine has been terribly disrupted and I've been eating "just because" But every day is a new day to start again and keep trying to do my best.

Still not sure about the job- doing a lot of training and getting up to speed right now. Will not really know what it all entails until August at earliest. I think it will be a good fit for me, but not sure yet. I don't see my routine being settled until Aug either.

I've been keeping up with your posts and think of you often!

Lisa
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,075 Member
    The Week 3 Group Challenge for July is now posted and will begin on Sunday, Jul 10th. Hope you'll join us as we Color Your World. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10869004/july-week-3-group-challenge-color-your-world/p1?new=1

Hope you'll join us!
    Jessica :blush:
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,534 Member
    HI everyone, doing a quick check-in, super sleepy right now. The concert last night was fun, I'm not feeling very social so that part of it was tough plus I didn't feel great but it was good to get out. Volunteered at the farm this morning and picked cherry tomatoes with my favorite volunteer and a new man who was one year sober as of today and doing community service, the three of us would've gotten into some trouble together if we'd grown up around each other back in the day. I've been watching Stranger Things all day, just finished season 2 and I'm headed to bed to read and hopefully fall asleep early. Have a great Sunday! I'm going to my brother's for dinner so will try to come on afterward, he invited my parents over as well, I was going to stay away for a bit but since he invited all of us I'll go.
  • Cornanda
    Happy Sunday Slims!

Walked 4 miles yesterday. It sure felt good. Missed too many walks in the past few weeks. Eating was OK, but still being a bit rebellious on the snacking. My daughter will be home for a visit the next few days- looking forward to that.

@digger61 - My sympathy to you and your family. That's a tough one.

@Katmary71 - sounds like you had a fun Saturday. Enjoy your family dinner!

Lisa
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,862 Member
    @Cornanda I'm glad you liked it. Yes, every day is a new day and we can make better choices than the day before. Great job with the walk! Enjoy the time with your daughter. Good to hear from you.

@digger61 I'm so very sorry for your loss, how tragic.

@Katmary71 I'm glad you had fun at the concert. I hope you got a good night's sleep. Have fun with your family.

Hi all. I'm going to have a busy day doing meal prep as well as preparing the condo for a visit from my best friend. She's coming on Friday and staying with us so I want the house in top shape. Plus, we have to put this pain in the @zz cabinet together for the bathroom. My husband is definitely no handyman and I'm not much better so wish us luck lol.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,126 Member
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday
    PW: 191.2
    CW: 190.4
  • DanielleHeitzenrater
    DanielleHeitzenrater Posts: 36 Member
    edited July 2022
    @trooworld thank you so much for the encouraging feed back I need to get back to my exercise routine in the morning that is what I am going to do. I have been 7 months smoke free and it is hard to go camping with people who smoke in your face and have no consideration it makes me feel blah and sometimes makes me want to have one but I just keep thinking of all the health benefits it has given me!

• DanielleHeitzenrater
    @Katmary71 I love gardening it is honestly one of the best feelings and when I pick the food I know it is healthy and tastes so good I love cleaning, cooking and baking as well I also do crafts and make wreaths!!

p36w5pghoh5n.jpg
    50toh88qy12s.jpg
    c6hnzrgu85wi.jpg
  • DanielleHeitzenrater
    edited July 2022
    fot9tbbm6a5k.jpg
    btqjzql8qraj.jpg
    r25jkqmh06b7.jpg
    uifw49pokntd.jpg
    pjyqbfsvymml.jpg

sorry for the photo dump this is my main garden and some of my flowers and front porch I also have a smaller garden with cucumbers, zucchini, pumpkins and watermelon.. I love having fresh food!! The first pic is by my flower bed there was a box turtle that laid eggs in my yard it was so cool to see up close and sometimes I sit on my porch and watch the deer come up to my fence around my garden
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,204 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png

vu3xb8doobdm.png
    6z56v8zu9ebm.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    drf0y0r9zjdi.png

By Pounds
    p7qlt7b5oiqo.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    8bfsbsf332gc.png

By Pounds
    j5b0l0gfvkqy.png
    izpd95518sl7.png

Team Winners
    en3n9sp303jd.png
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,896 Member
    @DanielleHeitzenrater - I enjoyed your photo dump! Thanks for sharing the garden with us 💐🐞
  • RaquelFit2
    RaquelFit2 Posts: 208 Member
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW (Previous Weight):131.0
    CW (Current Weight): 131.0
  • RaquelFit2
    RaquelFit2 Posts: 208 Member
    @Katmary71 I love gardening it is honestly one of the best feelings and when I pick the food I know it is healthy and tastes so good I love cleaning, cooking and baking as well I also do crafts and make wreaths!!

p36w5pghoh5n.jpg
    50toh88qy12s.jpg
    c6hnzrgu85wi.jpg

Wow! You have a beautiful piece of property! I love gardening too. I clean a lot (can't say I love it...)but I do enjoy decorating my home just by moving stuff around until it looks right and bringing in flowers from the garden.
  • Cornanda
    @DanielleHeitzenrater - your garden is amazing! Wow!
  • infamouscandi
    infamouscandi Posts: 23 Member
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW (Previous Weight): 287
    CW (Current Weight): 281.4
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,862 Member
    @bgame4 @infamouscandi @TeresaW1020 congrats on making it onto the leaderboard! Woot woot!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Congrats on the loss and congrats to your family on the wedding!

@DanielleHeitzenrater 7 months smoke-free is fabulous, congrats on that! That would be very hard to be around. I'm sorry that is the situation. Keep thinking of those health benefits! Wow, I love your garden! I'm jealous, I do NOT have a green thumb. In the beginning of spring, I planted begonias and they are all dried out and barely alive now lol. Your kitty is so cute, so is the turtle! <3 And can I say I LOVE your porch? I have a thing for porches and sitting outside. Yours is awesome!

@infamouscandi Wow, great loss, congrats!

Hi all. Not much to report, I do have a migraine I got while cooking in a hot kitchen last night so that's no fun.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • lindaprofota
    lindaprofota Posts: 39 Member
    Monday Weigh in PW 237 to CW 236
    Enjoy reading about everyone.. That garden gave me fash backs to earlier in my life. I never could grow cabbage. My husband of 51 years died and my lifestyle became numb and covid didn't help. My eldest daughter moved in with me and my puppies 🐶. It's been a year and I have started live a life again. My weight and health are my start. T
  • lindaprofota
    lindaprofota Posts: 39 Member
    edited July 2022
    @trooworld thank you so much for the encouraging feed back I need to get back to my exercise routine in the morning that is what I am going to do. I have been 7 months smoke free and it is hard to go camping with people who smoke in your face and have no consideration it makes me feel blah and sometimes makes me want to have one but I just keep thinking of all the health benefits it has given me!

I brushed my teeth with minty toothpaste everytime I wanted a smoke. Said thanks prayer at night. Been 30+ years free from 3 packs a day.
  • DanielleHeitzenrater
    edited July 2022
    @micaroo4 you are welcome for sharing the pics!!

@trooworld I love my porch to sit on at night it is so nice, quiet and relaxing I love hearing the crickets and looking at the stars!! there is a hot tub in the back but my fav part of the house is the wrap around porch we just bought the house last year and I really love it here.. the neighbors are all wonderful and very supportive!! this is the first year I have been able to grow my flowers and most of them have come through so it is nice to see! my Azaela bush is not doing that well but maybe next year it will perk up I just planted it this year!! it takes so much time to garden all of the stuff because I have so many gardens!!!

@Cornanda thank you it has been a lot of work but very happy when I cook fresh vegetables and meals from the garden and my kids actually eat most of it too I love to bake and cook!!!

@RaquelFit2 thank you I love gardening and I didn't want a lot of land but my husband did but it worked out for us both!!!
This discussion has been closed.