Mission Slimpossibles Team Chat - JULY 2022

Options

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda Thank you! Have fun with your daughter.

@digger61 I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of your grandson.

@trooworld Good luck getting the condo ready, I'm sure it will be awesome to have your best friend there.

@DanielleHeitzenrater I agree with you, there's something about cooking and feeding people with food you've grown that is so satisfying. Wow you sound like you have a lot of talent! I'd love to see your craft and wreaths some time. Beautiful cabbage! You have a huge veggie area, that's amazing and it all looks so healthy! Your yard is just beautiful. I'm glad you showed us everything, love seeing it and I love your enthusiasm, I'm a semi-new gardener and still get excited about it all! I started with herbs about 10-15 years ago and my dad was going to toss a tomato plant and I felt bad for it and took it even though at that point I wasn't really into tomatoes until I grew and tasted my own. I was wondering if that was a pet turtle, how neat to have it in your yard. Beautiful kitty too, I wish mine could go in the yard but there's coyotes around here, Jasper loves smelling everything when I come in though. Your porch is perfect to read on after a long day in the yard!

@infamouscandi @bgame4 @TeresaW1020 Way to go team, great losses!

@lindaprofota Hi Linda, I'm happy to hear you're starting to live again, sounds like you're headed in the right direction. I'm sure your daughter and your puppies bring you a lot of joy too.

Hi everyone, had my last day of physical therapy today, I'm going to miss it and I loved my therapist but she's going to a new job next week so no reason to stick around plus she's given me a lot to do on my own and when I go back to the gym. Did my cardio before it and she worked me out for an extra 15 minutes so I came home pretty beat. Dinner last night was nice, no issues aside of leaving my phone there and having to go back. I'm doing the rainbow challenge still on my feed with some people, a new recipe a week, then a dance challenge so I'm definitely maxed out on them! I'll go peek at the challenge going on now in here and see if it's something I can do. Have a great Tuesday everyone, tomorrow's the food bank farm where I'm going to bring home the seedlings so I don't have to go there W-F and just take care of them here plus volunteer hours.
  • teshea69
    teshea69 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey team, I've been down and out with an ear and throat infection since July 4th. I did weigh myself on Wednesday July 6th as I was supposed to, it would appear I neglected to post it 🙄. It's been a pretty tough week, but I think I'm on the mend. I'd love to be able to say I've been reading all your posts, however I'd be lying, now that I'm able to be upright I'm hoping to start catching up.

I hope everyone had a good week!!

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @lindaprofota - that's great that you are starting to live again. That is a really hard life change to go through.

@teshea69 - glad you are feeling better and able to be upright.

@trooworld - hope your migraine is gone now

@Katmary71 - Glad therapy went well and you are ready for the gym. What are you talking about that you're semi new to gardening? You seem like a master to me!

NSV for Monday:

Tried to get up early to get a walk in, but I seem to be challenged setting my phone alarm lately- Fail.
    Did walk after work and did a short cardio workout
    Figured out that I could sneak in a weight workout at lunch since I can eat at my desk after my break- will try that later this week.

Have a good Tuesday!

Lisa
  • lindaprofota
    lindaprofota Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    teshea69 glad you are feeling better. It's so miserable to be ill
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    User: FushiaKat
    Weigh In Day: Tuesday
    PW: 152.5
    CW: 152.0

@vegan4lyfe2012 Congratulations to the Newlyweds!! Beautiful couple. Maybe things will be less hectic for you now.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @teshea69 Oh no, I hope you feel better, take good care of yourself! Don't worry about catching up, just jump back in when you're up for it, glad you're able to be upright, that's headed in the right direction.

@Cornanda How is the job going? Sounds like you're getting in your exercise, way to go!

@vegan4lyfe2012 How did the dance go? Congratulations to them, they look so happy!

Hi everyone! Had a real busy day, got up and did my cardio then helped at the food bank farm. I bunched basil, cleaned onions, packed lettuce, then brought home 6 trays of seedlings and started more corn. He was going to get rid of basil seedlings, so I have 40 more basil plants stuck around my yard, he started laughing when I said he can't kill them because I did that with all the onion seedlings too though they aren't doing too well. I rushed to the farmer's market then had a telehealth call, took a nap, then read and spent time in the garden this evening. I'm watching Stranger Things so time to sign off, have a great Wednesday!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,905 Member
    Options
    @lindaprofota Welcome to the team. I'm very sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what that must have been like for you. You've got this.

@DanielleHeitzenrater Oh that sounds heavenly! I'm so glad you have such a peaceful place to come home to. And with great neighbors? Lucky you! Gardening is great exercise though!

@Katmary71 It's all ready thanks! I'm very excited for my friend to come. We will have so much fun! Congrats on your graduation from PT. Sounds like you had a super busy day yesterday.

@teshea69 Oh no! I'm sorry you've been sick. I'm glad you are on the mend.

@Cornanda Thanks, it is gone but there is still a headache there, has been there all week. Yay for walking after work and the cardio workout!

@vegan4lyfe2012 What a beautiful couple! They radiate happiness. So good to see. Thanks for sharing.

@FushiaKat Congrats on the loss!

Hi all. Yesterday, our internet was down in the morning so that is why you didn't hear from me. We are all ready for my friend's visit. My migraine is gone but now I have had this headache all week, less than a migraine but annoying. I haven't been tracking, it sort of slipped through the cracks. I will probably start tracking again today.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options

@digger61 I’m so very sorry for the loss of your grandson. ((((hugs))))

@vegan4lyfe2012 Congrats on a beautiful wedding!! The newlyweds look amazing and so happy! :grin:

@Katmary71 I can imagine you saving all those baby plants and giving them a good home. But what will do with all that basil! :D

@trooworld I hope you have a great visit with your best friend and that your headaches will disappear. My sister and I put hung a cabinet in the bathroom the other day and it was a struggle so I feel your pain! :grin:

Good morning! Where has the time gone! :grin: Work has been super busy with lots of different things. Home life is good. Joe has felt well these last few weeks, so I’m super thankful for that. My sister is fitting in very well. We started a 3000-piece puzzle and have been working on it in the afternoons. My diet has been going OK but not great. I really need to work on fasting longer and eating less. I do plan to get in a workout this morning before my crazy day gets started. Have a good day! :)
  • tupsundus
    tupsundus Posts: 14 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Weigh in Day: Tuesday
    PW: 173.9 (78.9 kg)
    CW: 173.5 (78.7 kg)
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Thank you! Ugh, yes, that cabinet was supposed to be easy to put together but I think the problem was that the wooden dowels were too long so we had to chop them off. I hope you had success with your cabinet. I'm glad Joe has felt well. 3,000 piece puzzle, wow, that sounds challenging!

@tupsundus Congrats on the loss!

Hi all. Last day to get things ready for my friend's visit. I did not track yesterday. :( I hope to track today. I have been eating okay, not great.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Just a quick check in. The weather here has been beautiful (finally) and I have really been enjoying it! We have so many festivals during the summer, between those and the outdoor pool, it has been great. Doing a lot of portion control with food as I haven’t been eating at home much. I won’t be posting my weight this week, I am going with my daughter and her family camping for a week and we leave tomorrow. Have a great week everyone and I will catch up next week:)
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Thursday
    PW: 138.0
    CW: 139.0
    Very indulgent long weekend in MI for my friend’s party, all yummy, all worth it 😁. Weather was 75F and perfect, with the lightest breeze and low humidity.
    Then we came back to VA, 90F with storms and lost power for an afternoon. Karma for bragging on our good fortune on weather? Hmm, maybe 🤔
  • Divya365
    Divya365 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Username: Divya365
    Check-in day: Wednesday
    PW: 168.2
    CW: 167.8

Yesterday I had a system issue and was not able to access this discussion thread. It kept saying the "Page is not available." from my bookmarks.

@vegan4lyfe2012 What a wonderful couple !! They look so happy, thanks for sharing. :D

@FushiaKat Nice loss !!

@Katmary71 wow that's a lot of basil ! I grow lots of basil in my yard too. Love putting those herbs in all my dishes. :)

@trooworld Sorry to hear you have been dealing with migrane / headache. My mom gets migranes/ headaches too, Hope you feel better soon and have a great time with your friend.

@TeresaW1020 Glad to hear that Joe is feeling good. A 3000 piece puzzle sounds challenging. I have to try one of those.

@tupsundus Nice loss !!

@laurelfit57 Hope you have a great time camping with your daughter and her family

@GabiV125 Oh man !! Power outage and 90F temps !! :o I feel your pain, we are dealing with similar temps in GA, 87F even at 8pm. Urgh !!

• Katmary71
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 So glad Joe has been feeling better, that's wonderful! I'm glad your sister's living there is going well.

@trooworld Have a great time with your friend!

@laurelfit57 Enjoy the beautiful weather and all the festivals, sounds fun! Have a wonderful time camping.

@GabiV125 Oh no, hope your power is back, glad you had fun at your friend's party!

@Divya365 I was having problems getting on the page too, I know of another member that was as well as far as the group thread.

So weird, the text box on here is showing what I posted last time even if I refreshed it, I hope it just posts this! Pretty mellow day today, I went with my brother to the dog park last night and offered to let his dog out this afternoon, she's such a hot mess all you can do is laugh. My back's a little irritated from the PT slamming me with exercises the last day so I skipped upper body yesterday and modified things today. Did some work and just came in from the yard, not much else going on. Have a great Friday!
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 247
    CW: 247
  • trooworld
    Options
    @laurelfit57 Yay for beautiful weather! Enjoy the camping trip.

@GabiV125 I'm glad you had a great time! Great weather on your trip, too. Sorry about the storms when you came back.

@Divya365 No worries. Congrats on the loss! Thank you very much, head is better today.

@Katmary71 More on that later grrrrrh. I hope your back feels better today.

@TeresaW1020 Congrats on the loss!

Hello all. Well, my friend had to cancel coming here because my husband tested positive for COVID! :( I am starting to feel sick but have tested negative twice. I think I just don't have enough cooties in my system yet to test positive. This really sucks because we were going to Comic-Con on Thursday. But if we are better by then, we will go. If not, we will ask for a refund. Have a great Friday!

This discussion has been closed.