Replies

• GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Thursday
    PW: 138.5
    CW: 138.0

Fireworks- not sure why maybe some were celebrating 3years in one, but this year lots of neighbors got into loud and intense - it went on for more than a week and well into the night. My poor dog barked at every boom in the first 3days, than at every other, and then on the 5th leftovers, he only barked if the house shaked.
    I survived a crazy busy stretch at work and other than the 7 bathroom trips at night from all the water I’ve been caring, I’m fine. Hormones, what can we do, right?
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,887 Member
    Options
    @GabiV125 Congrats on the loss! Your poor pup. Great job with the water.
  • trooworld
    Options
    I found an interesting article that summarizes the key points in the book, "The Joy Choice" by Dr. Michelle Segar. Basically, diet and exercise, according to the author, is not conducive to the techniques of habit formation in books like "Atomic Habits". It really depends on how consistent your life is whether or not those techniques will work. Segar suggests that we identify the "disrupters" of our habits. Here are the four key types of disrupters that keep people from doing what they know they should:
    - Temptation: this is a little deeper than just I want that thing. “The chocolate cake isn’t tempting you,” she said. “It’s the memory of how you felt while eating chocolate cake that makes you want it.”
    - Rebellion: Pure and simple, we are contrarian beings, and when we are told what to do — even by something like an app that we programmed to remind us of our goals — we have a tendency to push back, and say “%$#@ this!”
    - Accommodation: This is when we allow other people’s needs to take the place of our own desired behavior. “I have been trying to cut down on sweets, but it was her birthday, and she made a cake…”
    - Perfection: This is the big one. If you can’t hit the bullseye, why shoot at all? We decide that since we can’t do a full workout, we’ll just skip it, instead of doing a partial one. If I didn’t write yesterday and broke my streak, no point in picking up the pen today, is there?

Supposedly, when we name these disrupters, we can gain control over them. Here are the steps to take to disrupt the disrupters:
    - Pause. Before you make the decision to do it or not, take a moment. See if you can figure out if any of the four disrupters is the thing that is keeping you from doing the action that you know you should do.
    - Options. Think about what you could do instead, that might be a compromise that still moves you towards your goals. No time for the gym? Maybe you could do a quick YouTube dance workout. Don’t want to say no to the cake? How about asking for a smaller piece. Figure out what you could do instead, and make it a list.
    - Pick. This is where the title of the book (full disclosure: I haven’t read it yet!) comes in. She calls it the “Joy Choice” — picking out the thing that gets you closer to your desired action rather than doing nothing.

I've basically summarized the article but if you want to check it out: https://graymiller.medium.com/how-a-bit-of-pop-psychology-helped-me-make-the-joy-choice-70309fb47745
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday
    PW: 191.2
    CW: 191.2

Holding steady.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    edited July 2022
    Options
    I had a great 4th. Been doing all kinds of prep for Marcus' wedding this Sunday. But Hunter is being an absolute butt today. I just need to vent. I'm about to pull my hair out. He called last night and said he decided to start driving after work last night, so he got here at 4:30am. When he wakes up, he'll be heading 2 hours away for the wedding. Hunter has an 11am hair appt. She's literally crying, being so loud trying to argue with me that I promised to take her and what a horrible mom I am because I always drop everything for her brother (true, but it's only because I see him 2 or 3 times a year). She can't put herself in anyone else's shoes. I'm so angry that she's being so loud and going to wake him up. I just want to be home when he leaves. Like she can't just go get a haircut by herself. And now she's crying on the phone to her Nana. She's so loud! Here's to a drama filled weekend. God, please keep the naughty foods out of my mouth!
  • DanielleHeitzenrater
    DanielleHeitzenrater Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    @trooworld thank you I used to have a good time going camping but now that I live in county I missed my home because if I sit outback it is like camping I love my wrap around porch it is very relaxing.. I think the puppy likes to be home to while it is a different scene he was tied up and at home he can ran and have fun the kids had the best time because they have a lot of friends at camp that is a great thing!!

@laurelfit57 It was ok to be around people but was so happy to be back home.. I ended up cleaning and cooking for everyone all weekend which I usually do.. that is funny they were asking about the fresh vegetables hahah people amaze me sometimes...

@Katmary71 Thank you the head of cabbage was big I was so shocked my husband and I weeded the garden yesterday for 6 hours.. my legs feel like jello today but I ended up making a nice big salad from the garden the kids ate 2 bowls of it I was very happy!!
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    Options
    I had a great 4th. Been doing all kinds of prep for Marcus' wedding this Sunday. But Hunter is being an absolute butt today. I just need to vent. I'm about to pull my hair out. He called last night and said he decided to start driving after work last night, so he got here at 4:30am. When he wakes up, he'll be heading 2 hours away for the wedding. Hunter has an 11am hair appt. She's literally crying, being so loud trying to argue with me that I promised to take her and what a horrible mom I am because I always drop everything for her brother (true, but it's only because I see him 2 or 3 times a year). She can't put herself in anyone else's shoes. I'm so angry that she's being so loud and going to wake him up. I just want to be home when he leaves. Like she can't just go get a haircut by herself. And now she's crying on the phone to her Nana. She's so loud! Here's to a drama filled weekend. God, please keep the naughty foods out of my mouth!

So she was calm by the time she got home. The 3 of us went to Chili's for lunch and then he took off. I ate my usual 3 tortillas with black beans, guac, pico and lettuce.

Had peanut noodles for dinner and subbed 1 T PB2 for the peanut sauce. Had salad for my evening snack and ended the evening within my daily bites 😊

All's well that ends well.

No Zero Days
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    @trooworld I'll have to try hot dogs in the air fryer, chicken sausages are the best so I'd imagine hot dogs would be too. I like reading your summary of the article, I have to say I try to rebel against my own rules which is really dumb but if I prelog I don't want to eat it but if I don't, I know what I'm eating because I live alone and don't have a lot of money so of course I'm eating leftovers a lot so I have to keep it open-ended or else I'll go out to eat if it's logged to rebel against my own enforcement. I'm wanting to rebel on the rainbow challenge and dance videos too which is dumb because I came up with them, luckily I've been at this long enough to tough it out. I think perfection, accomodation, and temptation are big ones too, can see those being areas I struggle with as well.

@GabiV125 It seems like fireworks are ramping up each year, not sure if it's just me being a grouchy old lady or really true.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Sounds like you're under a lot of pressure, I hope things with Hunter ease up and everything goes smoothly, thinking of you! You did great with food under pressure, you got this girl!

@DanielleHeitzenrater Holy cow that's some serious weeding! We could use you at the food bank farm! It's so rewarding to make meals for people with things you've grown, must have made you very proud to see the kids enjoying it.

Hi everyone, been a long day. I'm still sleeping bad, the old sleeping pill I'm going off is an anti-depressant and she told me to cut it in half, from what I was reading I'm probably going through some withdrawals (never trust these people to be straight about going off stuff, I swear) because online it's recommended going down 10% a month and not 50% all at once while also starting a sleeping pill so I'm guessing that's why I feel so run down, I'd rather just get it over with so I'll stick with it for now but I'm not sleeping good either. Had my stitches out and during my surgery the muscle tissue that attaches from the lip to the gum was cut and the stupid thing grew back together so I have to have it cut again in a couple weeks or my graft will fail, luckily he will do it for free. Had a neighborhood charity group meeting at a restaurant which was fun but I'm ready for bed. Tomorrow's working the charity booth at a concert which should be fun. Have a great Friday!
  • davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi all
    weigh in day Friday
    PW:222.6
    CW:225.7
  • trooworld
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 I'm glad you had a great 4th. I'm sorry about the drama with Hunter. I hope Marcus's wedding goes well. Peanut noodles...yum!

@DanielleHeitzenrater Oh that sounds so wonderful! I'm from the country but live in the big city now. I miss those summer country nights where you look up and see all the stars! Yeah I bet the pup loves being at home where he can run. That's good that the kids had fun and have friends at camp.

@Katmary71 They are really good. I do the same kind of rebelling. Why??? Always gotta be a rebel lol. I'm glad you aren't bailing on the rainbow challenge and dancing. I struggle with perfection big time. I'm sorry you still feel run down, I hope it gets better.. Oh gosh about the growing back. That sucks.

Hi all. Happy it's Friday! There are these taco vendors that set up outside of the corner store here and I think we are finally going to try them tonight after weeks of driving by salivating. Have a great Friday!

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 245
    CW: 247
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options

@vegan4lyfe2012 Ugghhh so sorry that you had a bad day with Hunter but happy to read that she calmed down and that you had a good lunch at Chilis. :)

@Katmary71 Yikes on trying to wean off the sleeping pill. Do you have an alternative pill you plan to take? I’m a big melatonin and Tylenol PM girl. ;) So sorry that you have to have your muscle tissue fixed. I pray that it won’t cause you a bunch of pain but glad that the dentist will fix it at no cost. I hope you have a good time working at the charity booth.

@trooworld Thanks for the article by Gary Miller on The Joy Choice. I have bookmarked it and might have to buy that book! I hope you enjoy those tacos! :)

Hi Team! Not much going on today. I did some housework and a good workout this morning that left my quads crying. :grin: Yesterday, I had lunch with our outreach coordinator for the church. She is the most precious of young women that I have ever met, and she dropped the bomb that she is stepping down from being on staff. She had actually made her decision before my pastor left, but he talked her into staying a while longer. I’m so sad that so much is changing but I’m really trying to stay hopeful that all will turn out well in the end. I just better not lose anyone else! :)
  • bgame4
    bgame4 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm a day early because I will be gone to church camp tomorrow.

Username: bgame4
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW: 137 lbs
    CW: 135 lbs

Phrase of the year: OWN IT!

Eating and exercise were much better this week. I picked about six cups of wild black raspberries along the bike trail and baked two types of muffins (healthier for me and not-so-healthy for my baked goods-loving husband). This afternoon I get to go to overnight camp (1st & 2nd graders) with a girl from church; her mom and grandma are not able to go, and she needs an adult as a chaperone, so I volunteered last year and this year so she can go. It's a lot of fun and brings back memories from childhood. The camp is about five miles from my home, and I have been helping cook and serve evening meals for some of the other camp weeks.
  • DanielleHeitzenrater
    DanielleHeitzenrater Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    weigh in day Friday
    Username DanielleHeitzenrater

PW 243.6
    Cw246.4

It has been a long week I have burned so many calories and have worked hard but yet I still gained 3 pounds I don't know I would like to just get into the 230 here soon.
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day:Saturday
    Starting Weight: 258.5
    PW : 250.5 lbs
    CW 250 lbs B)
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,937 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Username: micaroo4
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW (Previous Weight): 127.6
    CW (Current Weight): 128.4
    Maintenance range of 127-133 (Center weight 130)
  • trooworld
    Options
    Username: Trooworld
    Weigh-in day: Saturday
    PW: 226.5
    CW: 229.2
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Welcome back to the weight loss show! WTG!!! Congrats on the loss.

@TeresaW1020 I am glad you liked it. Crying quads are good for you lol. I'm sorry so much is changing at your church. Too much change at once is hard.

@bgame4 Wild black raspberries sound delicious. Have fun with the kids. Congrats on the loss!

@DanielleHeitzenrater Hang in there. Just look at it as feedback for your week: is there anything you would do differently? If not, then just chalk it up to a blip on the scale and move on. You've got this!

@askewcr Great loss!

@micaroo4 Great weigh-in!

Hi all. I deserved this gain. Unfortunately, I gained back every ounce I lost last week. I know what I did wrong, I ate some things I shouldn't have, moved less, and drank less water. On another subject, I wasn't feeling well yesterday afternoon. I ate some soup at lunch and put feta in it and I think that feta was bad or something. I felt bad so I clocked out of work early. Have a good Saturday.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 169.5
    CW: 169.7

+0.2
This discussion has been closed.