Mission Slimpossibles Team Chat - JULY 2022

Options

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    @trooworld Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear your husband tested positive, I hope you both are feeling better quick and can still go to Comic-con.

@DanielleHeitzenrater Glad you're back on track, way to go!

Not many posts tonight, I'm on a little earlier than normal too. Did my workout but have spent the rest of the day taking it easy as my back's been flared up from my last PT session, she gave me about 5 exercises that any one of them could've been the culprit but all of them together probably did it. Not much else going on, I booked the next public meeting for the charity for next month and have some work to get done. My neighbor had given me more Colleen Hoover books so I finished the last of those tonight and watered the garden, not sure if I'll skip the food bank farm tomorrow or not, depends how I feel when I get up. Have a great Saturday!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,905 Member
    Options
    @DanielleHeitzenrater Congrats on the loss, awesome that you got back on track! I love your wreaths! I have a Cricut (Maker version) and I use it to make wreaths for my door sometimes. It's fun and keeps me from eating!

@Katmary71 Thank you! I'm sorry about your back. I hope you feel better today!

Hi all. I lost 0.2 lbs which is basically maintaining but I'll take it lol. It would have been more but I ate mac and cheese for dinner last night. It was the easiest thing to make. Not much going on here, just taking care of my husband and doing a lot of reading. Have a great Saturday!

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • trooworld
    Options
    Username: Trooworld
    Weigh-in day: Saturday
    PW: 229.2
    CW: 229.0
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Hey! It's Saturday!

@vegan4lyfe2012 - Beautiful couple! Thanks for sharing. Congrats to them!

@Katmary71 - sounds like you are quite busy at the garden these days. Hope your back settles down.

@TeresaW1020 - Glad Joe has been well and that things are good with your Sis. Glad to hear you are starting a new puzzle! Diet good but not great is a step in the right direction. Just keep walking that way and you'll get there.

@laurelfit57 - I am originally from Wisconsin and summer was a very hectic time with lots of fun ways to enjoy the weather until we were snowed in again. Enjoy!

@GabiV125 - Your posts always crack me up- I love your takes on things!

@trooworld - Oh no! I hope your friend can visit another time and I hope that you are hubs only have mild symptoms.

@DanielleHeitzenrater - Good for you getting back at it! LOVE the wreaths!

Well, it's been another weird and wild working week here. They keep scheduling me to start at 7 am. That is NOT the time I want to start, but it is necessary because I'm training with others and have to follow their schedule. I have sneaked in some exercise this week, but am not satisfied yet. I'm tired when I get done with work and would prefer to exercise before I start. Eating was better this week, but not to target yet. Weight loss due to water leaving post TOM. I keep getting opportunities to eat out- opportunities I simply must accept! Book club, unexpected friend in town, surprise visit from daughter, work dinner. Etc. I'm really hoping things will settle into more of a routine with work by mid August and I guess I will just keep on trying my best until then.

Some pretty crazy stuff has been going on at Hub's job, so last night we had to go out to our favorite margarita place to discuss it all. And then we also decided an ice cream was in order...... :(:(:( but it was necessary. Sometimes it just is.

Lisa

• bgame4
    bgame4 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Username: bgame4
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW: 135 lbs
    CW: 136 lbs

Phrase of the year: OWN IT!
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,980 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Username: micaroo4
    PW (Previous Weight): 128.4
    CW (Current Weight): 129.0
    Maintenance range of 127-133 (Center weight 130)
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options

@DanielleHeitzenrater your wreaths are beautiful and it looks like they would be so much fun to make! :)

@Cornanda Yikes, I would not want to start work at 7 am either. Years ago when I worked at Starbucks I had to be in by 5:30 am and it almost killed me. :D And yes sometimes you do need margaritas and ice cream! I hope all is well with your husband’s job. :)

@trooworld I’m so sorry that your hubby tested positive and that you had to cancel your weekend with your friend. Have you tested positive yet? :/

Hi Team! It’s a lazy Saturday with not much going on other than a little housework and laundry. I was going to clean my screened-in porch, but it is way too hot today. Plus, I’m a little hungover from drinking last night with my sister and staying up way too late talking. :) My sister and I decided to join this weight loss support group called TOPS Club. We have been members years ago. It doesn’t follow any certain type of diet which is good. There will be weekly weigh-ins and a meeting. We start this Tuesday and I’m really hoping it will help us both stay on track with our food and those dang tasty White Claws! :grin:
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,085 Member
    Options
    The Jul Week 4 Group Challenge is posted and will begin on Sunday, Jul 17th. Hope you'll join us this week for Hot Weather Workouts! Invite a friend!

Here's your link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10869507/july-week-4-group-challenge-hot-weather-workouts#latest

Jessica :smiley:
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day:Saturday
    Starting Weight: 258.5
    PW : 250.5 lbs
    CW 253 lbs B)
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    Username: Digger61
    PW: 215 lbs
    CW: 214 lbs
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @DanielleHeitzenrater I love your wreaths, those are amazing! I love how much detail you put into them, you have a lot of talent!

@trooworld What are you reading these days? I put off the one you recommended just because it was long but will read it sometime soon!

@Cornanda How long will you have to train? It IS real hard to work out after a long day, like you I prefer in the morning. I agree with you about sometimes just enjoying food being needed and worth it.

@TeresaW1020 I've heard of TOPS, that's great you and your sister are doing it together. Let us know how it goes!

Hi everyone, hope you all had a great Saturday! My upper back is still wonky so I skipped weights and stretched and did some cardio then went to the food bank farm for a few hours. Great crew today, my favorite volunteers so that was fun. I had a lot of seed collecting to do so I caught up on that and kept everything alive in this heat then answered some questions about the charity and went to my brother's. The head of the charity is giving us a hard time about collecting giveaway prizes from businesses for the next two events, I'll probably send out some emails because I can't stand long enough to walk into places and ask and I'm really uncomfortable approaching people and asking for things. Anyhow, my problem, I'll stew over it and deal with it Monday, tomorrow I have to figure out what salsa I'm going to try first for the competition since I paid my fee today. I have these crazy hot tiny Thai peppers in my garden that just may be perfect in a spicy salsa. Have a great Sunday everyone, I'm headed to bed to read another of my neighbor's books then tomorrow I'm meeting my parents for lunch late afternoon.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 - I've heard of TOPS. I think it's great that you have a live in diet buddy. Hope that it goes well for you!

@trooworld - thinking of you and hoping you are not too covid-y

@Katmary71 - Two more weeks of training. And then it might be a different kind of crazy for several weeks after that. There's good reason, but it's not too interesting. Let us know how your salsa turns out.

Not much going on here- getting caught up with chores this weekend. Had lunch with a friend I haven't seen in awhile yesterday. That was very nice.

Lisa
  • trooworld
    Options
    @Cornanda Congrats on the loss! Thank you, I have mild symptoms and am waiting on a PCR test to confirm I have it but my husband sounds like he has a cold. :( Hopefully the training ends soon so you can get back to a start time you want. Sometimes life happens and you just gotta let it happen. Hang in there! Thanks for thinking of me, I'm hanging in there.

@micaroo4 Great weigh-in!

@TeresaW1020 I took a rapid test on Friday and tested negative but yesterday I took a PCR test and will have the results by end of day on Monday so we'll see. I don't feel too bad but definitely don't feel normal. Sounds like you are having fun with your sis being there, yay! I hope you like TOPS.

@diggers61 Congrats on the loss!

@Katmary71 I'm reading:
    Daughter of the Moon Goddess (my friend got this for me to read while I'm under the weather) - https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/57789637-daughter-of-the-moon-goddess
    The Obelisk Gate (The Broken Earth trilogy #2) - https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/26228034-the-obelisk-gate
    Upgrade - https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/59838811-upgrade
    Under the Whispering Door - https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/53588713-under-the-whispering-door

@Katmary71 Yeah I understand not wanting to read long books lol, I get that way, too! I just picked up a book (Swan Song by Robert McCammon) that is 919 pages! I'm kind of putting that one off lol. What are you reading? I'm sorry your back is still wonky. I hope working at the food bank farm took your mind off of your back pain. I would be uncomfortable asking for donations, too. Enjoy the time with your family.

Hi all. Not much going on over here, just trying to stay upright and not get too bored. I made us homemade chicken noodle soup yesterday in our Ninja Foodi. I used the pressure cooker setting to make the broth from a whole chicken and then made the soup. It was really good with a loaf of crusty bread. I've been doing a lot of reading and some tv watching. Have a good day!

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @trooworld Thank you for the book recommendations, I put the first and the last on my list. I think I did read Swan Song but ages ago. I'm currently reading One Plus One by Jojo Moyes: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23359964-one-plus-one?from_search=true&from_srp=true&qid=KRYA78pPqP&rank=1 That crusty bread sounds awesome! I totally forgot about making broth from bones, thanks for the reminder, I haven't done that in a long time.

Hi everyone, hope you all had a great weekend! I skipped weights again (slowly getting better) and just did cardio, read, then went and met my parents for lunch and bought some supplies to bead with, I need to restring some bracelets. Aside of that spent time in the yard. I'm getting a new refrigerator delivered on Wednesday so need to get the house cleaned up before they come. Have a great Monday!
  • trooworld
    Options
    @infamouscandi @DanielleHeitzenrater @Cornanda congrats on getting onto the leaderboard, way to go!

@Katmary71 That book you are reading sounds good, thanks for the recommendation, I put it on my list. The bread was really good, it was from a local bakery that puts their products in the grocery stores. Yes, if you want to use your pressure cooker, here is a great recipe: https://www.pressurecookrecipes.com/instant-pot-chicken-stock/ Sounds like you had a nice Sunday. We just got a new refrigerator recently. I hope your delivery goes smoothly!

Hi all. My PCR test came back negative so no COVID. This is puzzling since I have been sleeping in the same bed with my husband and breathing his air but I'll take it lol. I have to call into work today to see if they want me to work from home this week. I'm assuming they will want me to but I'm willing to come in if they want.

• lindaprofota
    lindaprofota Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    PW 236
    CW 236
    LOSE 0
  • trooworld
    Options
    FYI...the Kindle version of Intuitive Eating by Evelyn Tribole is on sale for $1.99 today! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084722THN/
  • infamouscandi
    infamouscandi Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in day: Monday
    PW: 281.4
    CW: 282.2

A small gain that I'm comfortable with. Good luck
This discussion has been closed.