Downsizers Team Chat - JULY 2022

Replies

• Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 736 Member
    @lindamtuck2018 yes sorry for the confusion. I didn't even look in this chat until today! Will do better now from now on!! Just glad to be here!
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 851 Member
    Happy Canada Day to my fellow Canadians!

Going to a BBQ today. Bringing my own turkey burgers to counteract the beer I'll be drinking. Plus I'll be playing backyard games for hours so I'll still get in some good exercise.
  • aneedlecraft
    aneedlecraft Posts: 169 Member
    Friday check-in
    PW: 325
    CW: 324

I got 8 hours sleep last night, for the first time in quite a while. It seems to have made a huge difference in how well I feel this morning. (I've been running on 4.5 - 6.5 hours lately.) Definitely something to consider moving forward.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Rwood566
    Weigh in day: friday
    PW: 234.0 on 6/24
    CW: 234.8. +0.8
    Bouncing between 232 and 236. Still up 12 lb from surgery date. I think I am slowly changing my "new" fat back into muscle I lost after surgery.

• rwood566
    Thanks for talking about late night cravings and different ways to fight. I lost my fight last night. Horrible ending. Can't afford to dwell on it. New day.
    HAPPY CANADA DAY to our upstairs neighbors and those around the world who celebrate it.
  • chrissyinbloom
    chrissyinbloom Posts: 64 Member
    Friday Weigh in

chrissyinbloom
    PW 226.1
    CW 226.2

I weighed in at 224.2 yesterday... then ate too many carbs and not enough water! More proof that low carbs works for me. And water is necessary!
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 869 Member
    Steps 6/30: 17,278
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,511 Member
    Just checking in and giving my steps for this week so far:
    Mon 27th- 10,591
    Tues 28th- 9,940
    Weds 29th-10,582
    Thurs 30th - 10,514
    Struggling a bit today, very hungry with a mad chocolate craving, but i haven't given in to it, still going strong 💪

Fight the cravings. It is hard sometimes. I am trying to stop potatoe chips. Last night I craved them so bad. I have been using rice cakes to get the crunch. The best part is they are only 35 calories. Is there anything you could substitute for chocolate.

When I want potato chips I either go with celery with cream cheese or PB or I make fries out of turnips

I love turnip. Send me the recipe for the turnip fries. I am trying to watch my cholesterol so cream cheese is out but depending on how the turnip is fried it maybe ok. My dietitian told me I can never do keto because of my high cholesterol. It was a diet that always intrigued me.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/230404/rutabaga-oven-fries/ by the way I had never tried them until recently and I absolutely love them :)

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_Smartiepants1970
    Weigh-In Day- Fridays
    PW: 180.2
    CW: 178.6 (Loss 1.6 lbs)
    LTD: 90.4
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,492 Member
    edited July 2022
    Just checking in and giving my steps for this week so far:
    Mon 27th- 10,591
    Tues 28th- 9,940
    Weds 29th-10,582
    Thurs 30th - 10,514
    Struggling a bit today, very hungry with a mad chocolate craving, but i haven't given in to it, still going strong 💪

Fight the cravings. It is hard sometimes. I am trying to stop potatoe chips. Last night I craved them so bad. I have been using rice cakes to get the crunch. The best part is they are only 35 calories. Is there anything you could substitute for chocolate.

When I want potato chips I either go with celery with cream cheese or PB or I make fries out of turnips

I love turnip. Send me the recipe for the turnip fries. I am trying to watch my cholesterol so cream cheese is out but depending on how the turnip is fried it maybe ok. My dietitian told me I can never do keto because of my high cholesterol. It was a diet that always intrigued me.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/230404/rutabaga-oven-fries/ by the way I had never tried them until recently and I absolutely love them :)

When I go to Newfoundland I will be eating greens or turnip tops. They are very delicious. Thanks for the recipe. Another way I eat turnip is mashed with a little butter and lots of pepper.

• lindamtuck2018
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 @aneedlecraft
    Congrats on the loss! 👏👏👏

@rwood566
    We don’t always win. Wake up, put it behind us and start fighting to win. 🥊🥊

@chrissyinbloom
    If I eat to many carbs at night, especially bread it shows up on the scale. I get so bloated. I call it my bread baby. One thing I eat way too much of is bread when I go to Newfoundland. The good old homemade bread is too good to resist.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 @aneedlecraft
    Congrats on the loss! 👏👏👏

Thank you so much Linda :)
  • Step count today 11,221
    Had some dark chocolate this evening ..that feels better and still under cals, plus i did walk to the shop to get it 😄
    Have a great weekend everyone
  • Megan_Smartiepants1970
    Weigh-In Day- Fridays

Nice loss, well done
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_Smartiepants1970
    Weigh-In Day- Fridays

Nice loss, well done

Thank you so much :)
  • laura9400
    laura9400 Posts: 418 Member
    Laura9400
    Weigh in day - Friday
    PW 186.2
    CW 187.8
  • rwood566
    edited July 2022
    Good evening. Horrible night. I ate a whole can of almonds. 6 servings. Dam dam dam.
    Check in 7/1:
    Steps - 17001 plus 15 minutes treadmill. 2 mph. Light effort.
    Calories - 3300. Dam dam dam
    Exercise - walk in am. 1 hr 57 min. Gym tonight. 8 machines and 15 minutes treadmill.
  • rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening. Horrible night. I ate a whole can of almonds. 6 servings. Dam dam dam.
    Check in 7/1:
    Exercise - walk in am. 1 hr 57 min. Gym tonight. 8 machines and 15 minutes treadmill.

Dont worry, todays a new day, you'll be fine, well done with the exercise
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Happy Saturday team. Im here with my weekly weigh in and steps. I won’t be very active this month and next as it’s going to be busy with the kiddos but I will be checking in once a week.

I’ve been working out on a regular schedule for 4 weeks now. My weight has stayed the same the whole month but this week it jumped up. I know my eating needs a lot of work but I would have hoped that my weight would start going down after a month of working out. Whatever. I’m extremely frustrated but I not stopping. I hope it does start going down soon.

Weigh-In:

Username - mari_moulin
    Weigh in day - Saturday
    Weigh in week - 1
    Previous weight - 222.2
    Current weight 223.4

Steps: GOAL 10,000 a day

Sunday - 14,963
    Monday - 12,816
    Tuesday - 13,321
    Wednesday - 10,471
    Thursday - 16,523
    Friday - 19,446
    Saturday - Coming 🔜
  • lindamtuck2018
    Step count today 11,221
    Had some dark chocolate this evening ..that feels better and still under cals, plus i did walk to the shop to get it 😄
    Have a great weekend everyone

Great step day! That is smart walking to get the chocolate. Burned a few calories to offset the chocolate.
    laura9400 wrote: »
    Laura9400
    Weigh in day - Friday
    PW 186.2
    CW 187.8

How did your week go?

rwood566 wrote: »
    Check in 7/1:

Put it behind you. What are somethings you have done in the past to control the snacking? Another great exercise day!

Happy Saturday team. Im here with my weekly weigh in and steps. I won’t be very active this month and next as it’s going to be busy with the kiddos but I will be checking in once a week.

I’ve been working out on a regular schedule for 4 weeks now. My weight has stayed the same the whole month but this week it jumped up. I know my eating needs a lot of work but I would have hoped that my weight would start going down after a month of working out. Whatever. I’m extremely frustrated but I not stopping. I hope it does start going down soon.

Weigh-In:

Username - mari_moulin
    Weigh in day - Saturday
    Weigh in week - 1
    Previous weight - 222.2
    Current weight 223.4

Steps: GOAL 10,000 a day

Sunday - 14,963
    Monday - 12,816
    Tuesday - 13,321
    Wednesday - 10,471
    Thursday - 16,523
    Friday - 19,446
    Saturday - Coming 🔜

Welcome back! Look to your NSVs until the scale starts cooperating. I can see one with your working out. You will get the eating sorted out. Just start with one small thing that you can change with your eating. Right now for me it is cutting back on potato chips. I was eating a snack size bag every night. My first change is no eating the during the week. Second step will be cutting them out on the weekends. That’s my small change.

This discussion has been closed.