Downsizers Team Chat - JULY 2022

jugar
jugar Posts: 9,901 Member
edited July 2022 in Social Groups
3xybgbfq0cqa.png
Here is your Team chat room for July 2022. This is where you weigh weekly, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land there any time.

We have five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @trooworld
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and open

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @peng123 & @MeowScout
Mission Slimpossibles - @katmary71
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods
Shape Shifters - @angmarie28 & @PatriceFitnessPal

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The July challenge runs from June 26 - July 30. F2F months always start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday, so adjust your calendars!

Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail. At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard.

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you take a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or are moved to the Support Team for longer. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month and year begin!!

Replies

• JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 851 Member
    edited June 2022
    Hello everyone!

Looking forward to another great month.

This group had definitely kept me motivated. I feel like a rock rolling downhill, building more and more momentum. We got this!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,501 Member
    Housekeeping

Weigh In
    I will post a weigh in reminder every day. Please use the following format for reporting your weight as it makes it much easier to find. Let me know if you need to change your weigh in day or have to miss a week.

Username
    PW (Previous Weight):
    CW (Current Weight):

Daily Check In
    You can do this in any format you want. Things you may want to report could include calories, exercise, water intake, goals or anything you want to share. Share your successes with the team, any struggles or questions you may have.

Step Challenge
    Megan takes care of the step challenge. She will make a post with everything you need to know.

Weekly Group Challenge
    Each week there is a group challenge that runs from Sunday to Saturday. Jessica, one of the moderators, will post a link each week. Take time to check them out.

Introductions
    Take time to introduce yourself. It’s fun to get to know each other. If you have been on this journey for awhile tell us about your successes.

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,501 Member
    edited June 2022
    Hi all and welcome to the Downsizers July team chat! My name is Linda and I am one of the team captains. My counterpart is the amazing Megan aka @Megan_smartiepants1970. We are here to answer any questions you may have.

I am originally from Newfoundland but I live in Southwestern Ontario. I am 58 years old, married, retired due to a disability and have 3 adult children. I also have 4 beautiful granddaughters. Two live here in Ontario and the other two in Scotland. My granddaughters are one of my reasons for trying to get healthy. I am excited for July as I will have 4 of my granddaughters together for the first time and get to meet the youngest. My babies at home are my two fat cats Nick and Lady.

I started my weight loss journey in February 2019 and have been with F2F since the beginning. I have had a couple of ups and downs since starting but I have never given up. I have a bad back and neuropathy so my exercise is limited to mostly swimming and workouts in the pool. I want to start incorporating chair yoga, the exercise bike and walking more with the walker.

June has been one of my most successful weight loss months in awhile. I have been dealing with stomach issues which caused me not to eat much some days so not the ideal way to lose weight but I will take it. I will be on vacation for a lot of the July challenge so I would really like to maintain the weight loss and stay in onderland which I reached in June.

July goals
    * maintain weight within 5 pounds
    * Exercise 5 days a week while home
    * make sure to move daily while in Newfoundland even if it’s stretching
  • IP2021
    IP2021 Posts: 85 Member
    Hi everyone,

My name is Irene.

I'm from Holland, but have lived in Denmark since 2012. I'm 45 years old and married too my wonderful husband.

I've participated in this challenge before several years ago, and named to lose quite some weight, but then life happened :( and most of the weight has come back.

My life is mostly on track now, so now I need to start working on my weight again.

My main goal for this month is to get control of my binge eating in the evenings, and to lose a few pounds of course :)

Look forward to reading more about the step challenge.

OK, that's it for now B)
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,009 Member
    Time to SHAKE THINGS UP! in our Jul Week 1 Group Challenge. Hope you'll join us this week!

Here's your link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10867779/july-week-1-group-challenge-shake-it-up/p1?new=1
    Jessica :smile:
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,512 Member
    Hello Team Downsizers ....First I would like to welcome our new members @carleymartinverbeck , @Eatthefruitnotthecake78 , @fatfifties , @ciararcj , @IP2021 , @RoniMo16 , @motivatedmom13 to our awesome team...I hope you enjoy it as much as I have ...I have been with this group for 2 years and absolutely love it ... I have been on and off of MFP since 2009 (I had a bad habit of giving up on myself and deleting my accounts..I promised myself that I would not give up on myself ever again(been on this screen name since 2018) Second let me introduce myself ... I am Megan and I am the co-captain of this marvelous team along with our amazing captain Linda..I am also one of the moderator's so if a problem arises please let me know so that I and the other moderator's can solve the problem ... Most of you newcomers have already met me since I am in charge of recruiting ...Now a little about me ... I was born in Alberta Canada..I was adopted as a baby...I have lived in California most of my life ... I would love to move to Colorado.. I am an animal lover... I have 2 dogs a German Shepherd named Dakota and a Siberian Husky named Aspen(both are 4 years old) ... I also have 2 grandma kitties Kylie 16 1/2 and Mocha 16 and a parrot named Petey (not sure who talks more him or myself LOL) I am a mom of 2 ..Alyssa who is 16 and will be graduating from High School next year ..I have home schooled her from day 1 .. She has been on honor roll every year ... I have a son named Austin who is 22 and in the Navy .. I am a very proud mama :)

Now lets talk about the step challenge that I am in-charge of for our team ...If you want to be added please give me your name and a step pledge that you plan to hit daily and post your steps either daily or weekly (whatever is easiest for you) in here .... If you want to be removed , change your step goal , excused etc. please let me know ... I do have a converter chart where I can convert most exercise into steps ...On Sunday mornings I will put up a reminder of the people's steps I need ...

My Goals for July are ..........Stay with IF & low carb also incorporate keto recipes ...drink 140 ounces of water daily ....walk 4 days a week M-TH .... Swim in our pool M-W-Th -Friday and get 12,000 steps a day ...meal prep once a week on Sunday's ..As for weight loss goals .. I would like to lose 5 lbs this month (if it is more I will be a happy camper) I have a lot of health issues so I will do my best to keep these goals for July ..I am a type 2 diabetic ... kidney stones ... 3 hernia surgeries ... a screw in my right foot due to stress fractures ... Left foot has arthritis in the ankle and I have quite a few bone spurs in the foot .. ... I also have tendonitis in my knees and I was born with hip dysplasia..yup I am mess LOL but I won't let it stop me from being successful.... I am an open book so if you want to know more about me then just ask :) Let's have an awesome month and let's show the month of July who is boss :p
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    IP2021 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

My name is Irene.

I'm from Holland, but have lived in Denmark since 2012. I'm 45 years old and married too my wonderful husband.

I've participated in this challenge before several years ago, and named to lose quite some weight, but then life happened :( and most of the weight has come back.

My life is mostly on track now, so now I need to start working on my weight again.

My main goal for this month is to get control of my binge eating in the evenings, and to lose a few pounds of course :)

Look forward to reading more about the step challenge.

OK, that's it for now B)

Welcome to our awesome team ... Wishing you the very best :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    RoniMo16 wrote: »
    Hello Everyone!

My name is Ronda. I’m new to this challenge and looking forward to the motivation! Wishing everyone much success!

Welcome Welcome Welcome ..Glad to have you join us ... wishing you much success :)
  • RoniMo16
    RoniMo16 Posts: 9 Member
    Hello Team Downsizers ....First I would like to welcome our new members @carleymartinverbeck , @Eatthefruitnotthecake78 , @fatfifties , @ciararcj , @IP2021 , @RoniMo16 , @motivatedmom13 to our awesome team...I hope you enjoy it as much as I have ...I have been with this group for 2 years and absolutely love it ... I have been on and off of MFP since 2009 (I had a bad habit of giving up on myself and deleting my accounts..I promised myself that I would not give up on myself ever again(been on this screen name since 2018) Second let me introduce myself ... I am Megan and I am the co-captain of this marvelous team along with our amazing captain Linda..I am also one of the moderator's so if a problem arises please let me know so that I and the other moderator's can solve the problem ... Most of you newcomers have already met me since I am in charge of recruiting ...Now a little about me ... I was born in Alberta Canada..I was adopted as a baby...I have lived in California most of my life ... I would love to move to Colorado.. I am an animal lover... I have 2 dogs a German Shepherd named Dakota and a Siberian Husky named Aspen(both are 4 years old) ... I also have 2 grandma kitties Kylie 16 1/2 and Mocha 16 and a parrot named Petey (not sure who talks more him or myself LOL) I am a mom of 2 ..Alyssa who is 16 and will be graduating from High School next year ..I have home schooled her from day 1 .. She has been on honor roll every year ... I have a son named Austin who is 22 and in the Navy .. I am a very proud mama :)

Now lets talk about the step challenge that I am in-charge of for our team ...If you want to be added please give me your name and a step pledge that you plan to hit daily and post your steps either daily or weekly (whatever is easiest for you) in here .... If you want to be removed , change your step goal , excused etc. please let me know ... I do have a converter chart where I can convert most exercise into steps ...On Sunday mornings I will put up a reminder of the people's steps I need ...

My Goals for July are ..........Stay with IF & low carb also incorporate keto recipes ...drink 140 ounces of water daily ....walk 4 days a week M-TH .... Swim in our pool M-W-Th -Friday and get 12,000 steps a day ...meal prep once a week on Sunday's ..As for weight loss goals .. I would like to lose 5 lbs this month (if it is more I will be a happy camper) I have a lot of health issues so I will do my best to keep these goals for July ..I am a type 2 diabetic ... kidney stones ... 3 hernia surgeries ... a screw in my right foot due to stress fractures ... Left foot has arthritis in the ankle and I have quite a few bone spurs in the foot .. ... I also have tendonitis in my knees and I was born with hip dysplasia..yup I am mess LOL but I won't let it stop me from being successful.... I am an open book so if you want to know more about me then just ask :) Let's have an awesome month and let's show the month of July who is boss :p

I’d like to join the step challenge!

Name: Ronda (@ronimo16)
    Daily Goal: 11000

Thanks
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    RoniMo16 wrote: »

I’d like to join the step challenge!

Name: Ronda (@ronimo16)
    Daily Goal: 11000

Thanks

Will get you added :)
  • motivatedmom13
    motivatedmom13 Posts: 8 Member
    Hi everyone,
    My name is Donna (Motivatedmom13) and I’m new to the group. Looking forward to beginning this journey.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Hi everyone,
    My name is Donna (Motivatedmom13) and I’m new to the group. Looking forward to beginning this journey.

Welcome to our wonderful group ...Happy to have you join us :)
  • chrissyinbloom
    chrissyinbloom Posts: 64 Member
    @tahm42 Is that Dunnellon? My husband and I were married there at the state park! ❤️❤️❤️
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,744 Member
    @chrissyinbloom Yes, it was! You are a lucky girl to be married in such a beautiful place. Do you and hubby dive? The pictures were taken somewhere in between the spring head at the state park and KP Hole. This is always a favorite dive for me. If we are less than 2 hrs away in Florida, we will take a day to go. When we go spring hopping, we tend to give ourselves about a 2 to 3 hour radius. This year we stayed in High Springs and traveled to about 6 different springs. Hubby is getting his Cavern diving cert this last time. I will get it next time. Then cave will be next. The ultimate goal is to go dive the cenotes of the Yucatan.
  • IP2021
    IP2021 Posts: 85 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

I would also like to join the step challenge.

I will have to build it up though, so I'll start with 5,000 steps per day and hopefully I can increase this later :)

Username: IP2021
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 869 Member
    Steps 6/25: 15,039
  • RoniMo16
    RoniMo16 Posts: 9 Member
    @RoniMo16
    PW: 224 (starting)
    CW: 223.6

Hope I’m posting this correctly. 🙂
This discussion has been closed.