Downsizers Team Chat - JULY 2022

1356728

Replies

  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 27,715 Member
    laura9400 wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 - Please remove me from the step challenge. I will let you know when I'm ready to rejoin.

    6/24 - 6809
    6/25 - 2,424

    I will just excuse you instead of removing you :)
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 262 Member
    Congrats Downsizers for coming in 1st this week in weight loss ...Congrats to myself , @JaysFan82 and @nekishaearly637 for being our top 3 weight loss losers this week :)

    Thank you! You too! Let's do more of the same this month!
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 869 Member
    Good evening all. Welcome to the July challenge.
    Check infor 6/26:
    Steps - 14366.
    Calories - 2470 or close.
    Exercise - walk in the morning. 1 hr 38 min. Hopefully gym tomorrow.

    I am trying to curb my eating and get back down to 2000 calories. I am tired of eating so many calories.
  • jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 223 Member
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Monday (June 20, 2022)
    PW: 232.4
    CW: 231.6
    SW: 240

    Not really a loss as much as just a reduction over last week's inflated number but I'll take it as we celebrated a friends 50th birthday on Friday ... limo, fancy dinner, cheesy bar #1 and #2 so we'll just say my daily weigh in on Saturday morning was one to forget.

    This week is going to be pretty stressful at work (I lead the quarterly planning for our department of 800+ people) with long hours and little sleep but things get back to a regular schedule after Friday. Wednesday is our 26th anniversary but we're celebrating Friday so - I'm looking forward to the weekend. This might be a tough week to lose or maintain weight but as long as I squeeze in a little time for some exercise here and there and try to keep the intake reasonably healthy, I should be able to get through it.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 757 Member
    Steps 6/26: 15,325
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 6,887 Member
    JaysFan82 wrote: »
    I've got 2+ hours of baseball today and it's supposed to reach 33 degrees (91F). Gonna burn some serious calories this afternoon.

    I hope you were able to stay hydrated. It was a hot one yesterday. Thanks, my back is a bit better today.

    Hi Team.

    Well done to the lovers for June. Yay new month and happy Sunday

    28HAVEITALL
    Weigh in day Sunday
    Pw 250
    Cw 249.4
    All the best for the week.x

    Nice loss!

    @Eatthefruitnotthecake78 hello and welcome to the group!

    cormierannie
    weigh in day sunday
    pw: 146 pounds
    cw: 145 pounds

    Awesome, another pound closer to goal.

    Weigh in gharvey2753
    Previous 169.4ibs
    Current 175ibs

    I'll put it down to water weight it's not been a great week but still doing weights, need to tighten up on diet this week hopefully back yo 170ibs next week. Need to break that 170 mark seems difficult for the next push downward. Hope everyone has a good week

    You are right about some of it being water weight. With myself, I send to drop a few pounds then go up and down around that weight until my next drop. Then it repeats.
    MadDuck62 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018

    Can I change my weigh in day to Wednesday?

    You sure can. I am glad you find the group helps.
    PW 225.4
    CW 224.6
    Looking forward to a better July!

    Nice loss! A new month is always time for a fresh start.
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 262 Member
    SW: 388.6
    PW: 326
    CW 321.4
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 6,887 Member
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening all. Welcome to the July challenge.
    Check infor 6/26:
    Steps - 14366.
    Calories - 2470 or close.
    Exercise - walk in the morning. 1 hr 38 min. Hopefully gym tomorrow.

    I am trying to curb my eating and get back down to 2000 calories. I am tired of eating so many calories.

    Fantastic steps! You are a man in motion again. The eating will come. Try and go back to the strategies you used when you started your weight loss.

    jimboden3 wrote: »
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Monday (June 20, 2022)
    PW: 232.4
    CW: 231.6
    SW: 240

    Not really a loss as much as just a reduction over last week's inflated number but I'll take it as we celebrated a friends 50th birthday on Friday ... limo, fancy dinner, cheesy bar #1 and #2 so we'll just say my daily weigh in on Saturday morning was one to forget.

    This week is going to be pretty stressful at work (I lead the quarterly planning for our department of 800+ people) with long hours and little sleep but things get back to a regular schedule after Friday. Wednesday is our 26th anniversary but we're celebrating Friday so - I'm looking forward to the weekend. This might be a tough week to lose or maintain weight but as long as I squeeze in a little time for some exercise here and there and try to keep the intake reasonably healthy, I should be able to get through it.

    It’s a loss so we will celebrate. 🎉 Happy Anniversary!

    Steps 6/26: 15,325

    Awesome! Well done on reaching your goal everyday.
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 604 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

    Date 6/26
    Step count 3058

    Date 6/25
    Step count 6999

  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 6,887 Member
    JaysFan82 wrote: »
    SW: 388.6
    PW: 326
    CW 321.4

    Fantastic loss!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 6,887 Member
    Exercise: none

    Off to the pool. Have a good day!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 6,887 Member
    18i8iqoliy44.jpeg


    Great job Downsizers! We made the top of the leaderboard for June. Let’s stay there for July!



    Congrats to our week 4 top three:
    @chrissyinbloom
    @lindamtuck2018
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    @888Angie888


    Congrats to our June top three:
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    @JaysFan82 (you said you would be in the top 🎉)
    @nekishaearly637
  • chrissyinbloom
    chrissyinbloom Posts: 43 Member

    Thanks! I think I overdid it this weekend at my daughter's birthday party... but I'm back on track and I'm sure it will come off fast!
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 3,938 Member
    @lindamtuck2018
    Tahm42
    pw 226
    cw 226

    @Megan_smartiepants1970 I haven't gotten my watch fixed yet. It may be a while. So no steps for me.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 6,887 Member

    Thanks! I think I overdid it this weekend at my daughter's birthday party... but I'm back on track and I'm sure it will come off fast!

    Water weight after an indulgence is frustrating but in a few days it will be gone. I find upping my water intake helps.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 27,715 Member
    18i8iqoliy44.jpeg


    Great job Downsizers! We made the top of the leaderboard for June. Let’s stay there for July!



    Congrats to our week 4 top three:
    @chrissyinbloom
    @lindamtuck2018
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    @888Angie888


    Congrats to our June top three:
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    @JaysFan82 (you said you would be in the top 🎉)
    @nekishaearly637

    Thank you so much Linda :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 27,715 Member
    tahm42 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018
    Tahm42
    pw 226
    cw 226

    @Megan_smartiepants1970 I haven't gotten my watch fixed yet. It may be a while. So no steps for me.

    Thanks for letting me know ... I will leave you excused :)
  • Eatthefruitnotthecake78
    Eatthefruitnotthecake78 Posts: 103 Member
    Hi everyone 👋 my name is Dee, im a 43 year old nurse from the south East of England, am married and have 2 daughters 21 and 17. Been on MFP on and off for the past 8 years, i had good results the first time round, lost 28 pounds but unfortunately i didn't stick with it and it has gradually crept back on plus more and last week the Dr told me i have very high cholesterol so im ready to take this seriously now. Its day one on my low cholesterol diet and ive done quite well. Also was up at 6 before work for exercise. I suffer with lower back pain and stiffness so am sticking with exercises like walking and stationary bike, and pilates. Good luck to everyone for your July goals, mine are to stick to my new way of eating, and to find some different recipes for dinners, and to do at least 10'000 steps per day.. Can you add me to the step challenge pls
This discussion has been closed.