Downsizers Team Chat - JULY 2022

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,512 Member
    Hi everyone 👋 my name is Dee, im a 43 year old nurse from the south East of England, am married and have 2 daughters 21 and 17. Been on MFP on and off for the past 8 years, i had good results the first time round, lost 28 pounds but unfortunately i didn't stick with it and it has gradually crept back on plus more and last week the Dr told me i have very high cholesterol so im ready to take this seriously now. Its day one on my low cholesterol diet and ive done quite well. Also was up at 6 before work for exercise. I suffer with lower back pain and stiffness so am sticking with exercises like walking and stationary bike, and pilates. Good luck to everyone for your July goals, mine are to stick to my new way of eating, and to find some different recipes for dinners, and to do at least 10'000 steps per day.. Can you add me to the step challenge pls

Welcome to our wonderful group ... I will get you added right now :)
  • MadDuck62
    MadDuck62 Posts: 159 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Steps:
    6/22: 7782 (53 heart points - goal is 30 per day)
    6/23: 7870 (37)
    6/24: 9052 (42)
    6/25: 8570 (10)
    6/26: 9881 (30)
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Good evening all. May you have a lovely end to June. After that it's on to the back half of the year.
    Check in for 6/27:
    Steps - 7173. It was higher but I was carrying stuff. No problem.
    Calories 2414 or close.
    Exercise - sea world after dinner. Went for the shows. They were good. Rode 2 coasters. Washed the car in the morning. No rigorous exercises today since I needed a breather. Back at it tomorrow.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,501 Member
    Motivatedmom13
    PW: 242
    CW: 238.4

Fantastic loss! You are off to a great start for the month!

Hi everyone 👋 my name is Dee, im a 43 year old nurse from the south East of England, am married and have 2 daughters 21 and 17. Been on MFP on and off for the past 8 years, i had good results the first time round, lost 28 pounds but unfortunately i didn't stick with it and it has gradually crept back on plus more and last week the Dr told me i have very high cholesterol so im ready to take this seriously now. Its day one on my low cholesterol diet and ive done quite well. Also was up at 6 before work for exercise. I suffer with lower back pain and stiffness so am sticking with exercises like walking and stationary bike, and pilates. Good luck to everyone for your July goals, mine are to stick to my new way of eating, and to find some different recipes for dinners, and to do at least 10'000 steps per day.. Can you add me to the step challenge pls

My last dietitian appointment was about reducing cholesterol. It was eye opening to so many things I needed to be doing different. I have never tried Pilates. Do you do videos or go to a gym to do it?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Exercise: laps, abs and water aerobics

Today is going to be a pool day again. I have to start organizing for our trip next week. Is anyone else using an Apple Watch? Apple health is still not posting my exercise some days. 🤷‍♀️
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 869 Member
    Steps 6/27: 16,892
  • IP2021
    IP2021 Posts: 85 Member
    Check in:

So far the first week has gone better than expected. I've been able to stick to my calories and most days I haven't eaten after 9pm, which for me is a pretty good accomplishment.

The first two days of the step challenge also went pretty well.

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Steps
    26/6: 6,534
    27/6: 6,050

I'm pretty excited to see what the scale will say tomorrow.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited June 2022
    cm8k5n9prl0d.jpg

Here is my 2nd reminder of the people's steps I need for June week 4 ... Please have them in by tonight 6/28..If I do not have them by then I will have to zero them out

@red1185 6/20 - 6/25
    @Nite_0wl 6/19 - 6/25

• aactuallyaash
    aactuallyaash Posts: 270 Member
    @lindamtuck2018

aactuallyaash
    Tuesday
    pw:217.6
    cw:220
  • aactuallyaash
    aactuallyaash Posts: 270 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

19-4311
    20-4944
    21-8023
    22-8605
    23-7225
    24-4388
    25-5131
  • My last dietitian appointment was about reducing cholesterol. It was eye opening to so many things I needed to be doing different. I have never tried Pilates. Do you do videos or go to a gym to do it?

Hi, im not overly sure how to answer messages on here so i copied and pasted, i joined a class a few years ago after i slipped a disc in my back and it really helped to strengthen my abs and that helped with my back pain, but during lockdown i wasn't going and i havent re-joined, i still remember the exercises so I still do them myself indoors. I think i go a bit too easy on myself though, i might rejoin the class soon

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    My last dietitian appointment was about reducing cholesterol. It was eye opening to so many things I needed to be doing different. I have never tried Pilates. Do you do videos or go to a gym to do it?

Hi, im not overly sure how to answer messages on here so i copied and pasted, i joined a class a few years ago after i slipped a disc in my back and it really helped to strengthen my abs and that helped with my back pain, but during lockdown i wasn't going and i havent re-joined, i still remember the exercises so I still do them myself indoors. I think i go a bit too easy on myself though, i might rejoin the class soon
    If you use the quote button you can quote somebody and reply
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    cm8k5n9prl0d.jpg

Here is my 2nd reminder of the people's steps I need for June week 4 ... Please have them in by tonight 6/28..If I do not have them by then I will have to zero them out

@red1185 6/20 - 6/25
    @Jpedno 6/25
    @Nite_0wl 6/19 - 6/25

Oops!
    6/25 17,544 steps
  • lindamtuck2018
    IP2021 wrote: »
    IP2021

Wednesday
    PW: 274.9
    CW: 270.9

B):)

Your hard work paid off. Fantastic loss!
  • lindamtuck2018

I am going to research these later and see if there is any YouTube videos. If it doesn’t involve standing for long or walking I would be ok.

To answer a message, press the quote button in the bottom left hand corner of the persons post. It will open a new chat.

• lindamtuck2018
    Exercise: arm strength training and water aerobics

I have a busy day today. I have two doctors appointments this afternoon. I am waiting for my cell phone carrier to call me. They totally screwed up my account and I spent just shy of three hours on the phone with them yesterday. 😤 Have a great day everyone!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Let’s hear your latest Non Scale Victory (NSV)

xkq3cn2qk6nc.jpeg
This discussion has been closed.