New to the group

Options
cchartney65
cchartney65 Posts: 1 Member
Hello! I am 57 years, 5'1 and weight 202 lbs. Looking for support from the group with low carb options and what you find to have worked best for you. Just starting back with MyFitnessPal and looking forward to staying on track and meeting my weight loss goals.

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,955 Member
    Options
    The best way to stay on-plan is to stack the deck in your favor. Try to work your low-carb eating into your normal patterns and preferences. Snacky in the evening, well work in snacks that are on-plan. Like sweets, then try to find some low-carb friendly sweet in moderation into your plan. Make your coffee how you like it and still low-carb. And join the monthly challenge for accountability and support and visit it often to keep your on track. Our more active members are usually in there, and we'd love to help you out and answer any questions. Here's the link:https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10865491/jump-in-june-2022-challenge#latest

Consistency and Persistence over time is what will get you where you want to be, and making the transition as effortless as possible is key to getting a strong start and sticking with it.

HTH :smile:
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I'm 58, 5'4" and 6 years ago I was 202. Keto level helped me get down 35 in 10 months and I've been low carb since. Planning and prep is key for me. Exercise was a big part of my losses as well but you have to find what you enjoy. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Hi all, just a note that there is also a 'LowCarber Ladies over 50' group here associated with the LC Daily Forum general group. Here's the link: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/112128-low-carber-daily-ladies-over-50
  • YoungatheartXOXO
    YoungatheartXOXO Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Morning All. Although I have used MFP for years, on & off, MFP has developed so much I am trying to keep up. I am trying the low carb diet plan. But, I am struggling to eat enough calories. I am only on day 3, so early days yet.
  • sueramsaur
    sueramsaur Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm also trying to get back into this on a more consistent basis, I am 60, 5'1" and about 153 lbs. Where's the best place to start?
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Be sure to review the launchpad- it has tons of articles to get you started. While it will feel overwhelming at first, you have to try different things to see what works best for you.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,955 Member
    Options
    sueramsaur wrote: »
    Hi there, I'm also trying to get back into this on a more consistent basis, I am 60, 5'1" and about 153 lbs. Where's the best place to start?

Yes! Def check out the Launchpad (a thread stuck to the top of the group with links to resources and old thread about various common topics) and join our August challenge thread!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the newbies! The Challenge threads are a bonus for new members as there's a lot of daily check-ins and chit chat too.