WeightNoMore Team Chat - JULY 2022

Replies

• minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,203 Member
    shinskin wrote: »
    Is it possible to change my WI to Wednesdays?

@shinskin - You got it! I'll take care of that for you.

C'mon July, I want a loss every weigh in this month!

@CassieGetsFit2013 - Just gotta do your best to stay consistent! You can do it!

Yey good work everyone, we were joint first. Go team!!

@gigglemachine - It always makes me happy to see our team on the leaderboard when I make the results posts. We work so hard, I figure we deserve it :smile:
  • MotylekOkruchy
    MotylekOkruchy Posts: 196 Member
    @cleaneater80 The hike was (only?) 10 miles but we were camping at the time which means much more walking than usual - every time you need to go, the toilets are 5 minutes away - one way! :D
    That hike was the longest I ever took with my kids - and we were truly tired and sore later.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    My trip to the west coast was wonderful. 7 days with my grown kids was an awesome time. We flew to Seattle and spent the day walking to everything there, then drove down the coast as far as Florence Oregon stopping at every lookout along the way then back to Seattle. Saw a lot of ocean, the falls along Columbia Gorge, tide pools, Mt Hood, MT St Helens, and more. The Rose Gardens in Portland ate beautiful. Visited with my brother and sister too.
    And I only gained about a pound! We walked everywhere and I ate light partly due to upset stomach but it was all good food that I don't usually eat at home..
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    edited July 2022
    ~ Step Challenge ~

Team Statistics -
    Steppers: 5 6
    Total Steps: 287,747 364,019
    Average Steps per Stepper: 57,549 72,804

The Leaderboard -
    @ljdanny - 76,195 total | 10,885 average
    @MotylekOkruchy - 74,364 total | 10,623 average - Most Steps in One Day!!
    @Browan19 - 65,512 total | 9,359 average - Most Consistent!!
    @shnkrnrynn - 42,645 total | 6,092 average
    @shinskin - 29,031 total | 4,147 average

Late Entries -
    @pacsnc6 - 76,272 total | 10,896 average

For those of you who have not posted your steps yet, you can still get up on the leaderboard if you post them before noon EST tomorrow!
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,059 Member
    @minstrelofsarcasm I have never slept well. I take after my mother. My youngest son is the same way. I am awake around 2am and fall back to sleep around 4 if I'm lucky. They told me getting my cpap machine would help me sleep through the night, well they lied, lol. I also tried taking my meds with dinner and I still forget. I do get into a routine but the first time I forget that's it for a bit.

I stepped on the scale this morning just to see the damage from the weekend but my weight had gone down so I'm hoping it stays thay way when I get on tomorrow. We are going away this weekend with the kids and grandkids, can't wait. We leave Friday morning and I'm already packed. I love watching my granddaughters together they are so funny and up to no good, everyone always thinks they are twins. We should get a lot of walking in.
  • worldtrav89
    worldtrav89 Posts: 30 Member
    Weigh in 7.6.2022
    Weigh in day: wednesday

Pw: 229.2
    Cw: 228.4

Sorry about the typo last week. Thank you all for alerting me to that.
  • 9Harvey
    9Harvey Posts: 105 Member
    edited July 2022
    Hi, I just wanted to mention I missed Sunday’s weight in because I am away on vacation. I am trying to weight in on Sunday the 10th. Stand by!
  • pacsnc6
    edited July 2022
    Steps
    Sun 6/26 7529
    Mon 6/27 6303
    Tue 6/28 15417
    Wed 6/29 15372
    Thu 6/30 13416
    Fri 7/1 10159
    Sat 7/2 8076

We did a lot more walking than I am used to
  • sandielewis2001
    sandielewis2001 Posts: 318 Member
    Weigh In Day: Thursdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 181.8 (July 1st)
    CW (Current Weight): 183.2 (July 7th)

LTD: 87.9lbs
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    shinskin wrote: »

I don't know how the hell I gained 5lb... i'm so sorry to the team for this because i know it's not good for the stats at all- I'll make up for it in the coming weeks!

I feel like I'm really holding on to water... my knee is super swollen. It can only be this because my food intake, albeit not the greatest, was not enough to warrant a 5lb gain... this week i'm going to be drinking more water to stay hydrated because i know dehydration can cause water retention...

It was my partner's birthday yesterday so we ate some far-from-virtuous things, and today I have some all you can eat plans with friends haha. But after tonight I'll be back on my food plan 100%! i'll be doing some chair exercises on my days off work too, so I can rest my knee and still do some movement!

Everything is very much trial and error in the first few weeks, I have to remember not to get disheartened by a tough week... my weight doesn't define me or the effort i put in!

This is so important! There's no way you could have gained 5 whole pounds over the course of a week without at least some of it being water. One pound is approximately 3500 calories, so to gain 5 would be about 17500 calories. Absolutely not. Glad you're keeping your head up! Can't wait to see it all whoosh right off again.

• ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,059 Member
    Ljdanny
    Thursday
    Pw 187.4
    Cw 185.4
  • MotylekOkruchy
    MotylekOkruchy Posts: 196 Member
    edited July 2022
    MotylekOkruchy
    Fridays

It's Thursday evening and I'm leaving for another weekend camping trip tomorrow morning so decided to report the current weigh today - I might forget tomorrow!

PW: 139.8
    CW: 138.3

I expect bloating and water retention once I'm back. I am hopeful to get rid of both by next Friday. I'd be happy to stay at the same number as today.
  • chicagocat30
    chicagocat30 Posts: 12 Member
    Weigh in 7/8/2022
    Weigh in day: Friday

PW: 160
    CW: 160

Was down to 159 earlier this week, so I've gotta keep working at it. I'll try to join the step challenge for next week. I have to remember to wear my watch everyday! :)
  • rachelrjh
    rachelrjh Posts: 258 Member
    Rachelrjh
    Friday weigh in

Pw: 145
    Cw: 149

I let myself and this team down this week. The gain is a combination of overeating from the past weekend holiday and having a cold this week. Plus I am emotional eating a lot these days. Even as I write this I am craving a sweet something to feel the void of my loneliness.

My body is such that if I don’t severely limit and watch my calories then I put on the pounds. This is a fact I know to be true about myself. If I want my weight to be ideal I have to make food intake my priority!

It’s time to do it. A gain of two more pounds will put me in the Overweight BMI. I worked hard to get out of that category. When I feel like stopping tracking my calories and weighing in each week, I think about why I started. I didn’t like being obese. I was not happy with my weight. I need to remember this before my weight keeps creeping. Also this quote goes a long way with me…

If I don't eat junk, I don't gain weight.
    -Paula Christensen

For reference, when I started on this group I weighed 195 lbs…in a years time I got down to 135 lbs. In all honesty though I reached my saddest point in life at 135 lbs. I had to have a mental breakdown to recover from the low I was at. It happened last April, and I am still recovering from it. Weight is not my biggest priority in life, but it is definitely important. I don’t want to be overweight or obese because I know it will limit my physical activity with my kids and pets. Plus my doctor tells me that physical fitness is right up there with mental well being.

https://motivation.app/download
  • rachelrjh
    rachelrjh Posts: 258 Member
    Rachelrjh
    Friday weigh in

Pw: 145
    Cw: 149

In two weeks, you'll feel it. In four weeks, you'll see it. In eight weeks, you'll hear it.

From the Motivation app: https://motivation.app/download
  • Badunkadunk_Buster
    Badunkadunk_Buster Posts: 184 Member
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 270
    Current weight: 269.4

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
  • gigglemachine
    gigglemachine Posts: 82 Member
    Gigglemachine

Weigh day: Saturday
    PW: 201
    CW: 201

😖 Sooooo frustrating! Tried really hard this week but no change. I'm posting a day early as I'm in London tomorrow and will likely forget. Have a great weekend everyone xx
  • pacsnc6
    I am late posting my weight this week, sorry. Usually weigh in on Thursdays so I will use that number 153.2. I took the months of May and June off so don't remember my last weigh in.
  • browan19
    browan19 Posts: 28 Member
    Browan19

PW: 211.6
    CW: 207.8

Steps from the week:
    Saturday- 4,460
    Sunday- 4,069
    Monday- 10,547
    Tuesday- 11,853
    Wednesday- 11,825
    Thursday- 10,103