edited July 2022
    Options
    Ewilhelm2487
    PW:238.5
    CW:240.1
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    @ewilhelm2487 - I heard the same recommendation about drinking half our body weight from a colleague a few years ago. She was calculating in pounds and ounces of water, which seems more attainable to me. The formula I posted from the article suggests drinking about 9 glasses of water per day for me. It’s easier to think of the amount of water needed in terms of half my body weight, which would be about 8 glasses, but that wouldn’t be quite enough. Right now, I drink about 6 so I need to increase my water intake either way. I drink two cups of coffee per day so maybe I need to replace those with water.

I’m sorry to hear you were hospitalized. I think my doctor encouraged me to drink more water while breastfeeding, too. I know I should drink more water before/after exercising, too. 🙄 So, I appreciate your reminder to build a habit of drinking more throughout the day.
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,195 Member
    Options
    Daily Step goal: 10,000
    Tue 7/5: 15,631
    Wed 7/6: 13,275
    Thu 7/7: 13,723
  • cosmiccurves
    cosmiccurves Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Friday Weigh In:

Previous Weight: 290 lbs
    Today's Weight: 289 lbs
    Total Challenge weight loss: 1 lb!

Going to post responses later, gotta be quick now since I'm working!

YRpPbcw.png
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    SavageMrsMoose

Friday Weigh In

PW: 165
    CW; 160.5

Yea!!!!

Last weeks weight was artificially high, but I was really disciplined this week. Under my calories every day by exercising at least an hour and no alcohol. Still had room for a piece of cake one night!

My next goal is to be under 160. SO CLOSE
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Cre804
    Friday
    PW 195.0
    CW xxx.x

I need to take a pass one more time. Just got back from visiting family and I apparently am retaining a ridiculous amount of water. I’ve made a grocery run and have restocked with good choices though I need to hit up a couple more stores to fill in the missing items. I am committed to tracking and drinking my water so it’s progress, not perfection.

I had a wonderful visit with family near Detroit; I hadn’t seen my sisters in nearly 3.5 years. Plus, I was able to meet up with three of my childhood friends/bridesmaids which was nice because our schedules don’t always mesh when I’m up there. Hopefully we can plan a girls trip sometime in the future.

Except for a medical mission trip my husband will take in a couple weeks, our travel calendar is wide open so I think it’s time to start planning another European trip soon!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    @cre804 - It sounds as though you had a lovely visit with family and friends. I love relationships that pick up just where we left them despite the passage of time. I’m glad you had a chance to relax and come back refreshed — with a renewed energy and excitement about planning your next trip. Which European countries are you thinking about visiting? I hear planning and anticipating a trip can bring as much happiness as the trip itself. I have a lot of places that I’d like to travel but I just sent my passport to be renewed so there are no international trips in the works right now. Maybe I should start planning the next adventure in the meantime. Thanks for the inspiration!
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Izzyred9400
    Sat weigh in
    PW 133
    CW 139.5
    Yikes,I guess my 23 days of over indulgence have caught up with me !! I had a wonderful holiday though.Great company with lots of laughs,lazy days & beautiful swims in the sea.I think I am half mermaid 🧜‍♀️ I also read 8 books,which I don't usually do that much at home.
    Time to get back on it.The forecast here in the UK is hot this week.So will be nice to get some walks in the sunshine.
    My steps,sorry @jessicakrall8 for not posting sooner.
    7/2 10,617
    7/3 10,472
    7/4 16,318
    7/5 11,177
    7/6 10,921
    7/7 17,522
    7/8 16,067
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    SavageMrsMoose steps

Goal: 12,000

7/4 14,435
    7/5 7,085. No run
    7/6 16,237
    7/7 12,737
    7/8 19,344
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    edited July 2022
    Options
    @bassclef, @frankwbrown, @cosmiccurves, and @SavageMrsMoose - Congratulations on the great losses this week!

@izzyred9400 - Welcome back from your trip! We missed you here but I enjoyed the beautiful photos you shared. It's certainly worth a bit of a gain to feed your soul with love and laughter.

Congratulations on all those steps @izzyred9400, @frankwbrown, and @SavageMrsMoose. Walking is so healthy and also a wonderful way to reduce stress and enjoy the outdoors. I defnitely need to join the step challenge one of these days! I used to walk regularly with a friend but she needed to take a break. I think I'll check in with her again.

Best wishes to all the Shape Shifters as we transistion to a new week. Clean slate!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Saturday's Study Group

As we end one week and move to a new one, it's a good time to reflect on what went right, what could be better, and how we can continue to act in ways that improve our health and wellbeing. On Saturdays, I select the "Nutrition" section of the MFP main menu, and review the Calories, Nutrients, and Macros using the week view. Sometimes, I might have a bad day but the week balances out better than I expected. Paying attention to patterns in my weekly data reports helps me make adjustments to interrupt/change negative trends. I also really think about how I can reinforce postive results by incorporating the new behaviors more intentionally.

When you reflect on your week -- What do you notice? What do you wonder?
    Note: The link above takes you to one of the MFP Success Stories "Must Read" threads

Here's an example from a recent reflection on my data. I was consistently over target on carbohydrates and noticed that I was eating too many bagels while my younger son was visiting*. Typically, I have one slice of whole wheat or multigrain toast and a boiled egg. So, I decided to alternate the toast and bagel days while he's visiting and switch back to toast when he's away. I didn't want to give up the shared connection we built by having breakfast together. With many evening activities, morning was a special time for us to start the day together throughout my two sons' childhood years -- but I had to curb the carbs! I was happy with the comprise I landed on. The bagels from our local shop are small and made from quality ingredients but, at approximately 260 calories, they add about 160 more calories to my day. That's 16 pounds per year!

Shape Shifters told us that discussing challenges and problem-solving is motivating

Recently, I haven't been reflecting and making adjustments as much as I'd like so I'm hoping a few Shape Shifters might be interested in this idea for a "Saturday Study Group" to share our challenges and problem solve together. This is a reaction to our recent survey poll, when members gave us feedback on motivational strategies. Let's try it and see how it goes. We can always reflect on the success of the approach and make adjustments as needed. :)

What did you learn about yourself this week?

*P.S. Too Long/Didn't Read (TL/DR) Excerpt :) — I make my son egg sandwiches using the delicious everything bagels from a local shop because they are his favorite! It's an easy way to show him some love and attention when he's home from college and it's one or "our things." We also do daily abdominal workouts that don't quite counter the breakfast calories -- but I digress!!
  • Yukie_OP
    Yukie_OP Posts: 272 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Yukie_OP
    Saturday weigh-in:
    PW: 137
    CW: 135.6

@Natalie0403 hope recovery is smooth and prompt for your fur baby

Fantastic progress/losses this week: @Bassclef, @SavageMrsMoose, @cosmiccurves, @frankwbrown
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    @Nataliewr0403 that’s a tough situation for you and your fur baby. I wish I speedy recovery.
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    @Pupowl it’s hard to make the right choices and be accountable, I appreciate your honesty. You’ve done a lot of hard work and I hope you remember that part too
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    I'm sending healing thoughts. What a scary and difficult situation @Nataliewr0403. Take care, everyone!
This discussion has been closed.