Shape Shifters Team Chat - JULY 2022

Options

Replies

• StacyAru
    StacyAru Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Apologies if I've posted steps more recently than this... it seem like I have, but can't find evidence of it.

FP USER NAME: Stacyaru
    YOUR CHOSEN WEIGH-IN DAY: Wednesday
    YOUR CURRENT WEIGHT: 248.5
    YOUR ORIGINAL STARTING WEIGHT: 248.5

7/5: 3552
    7/6: 1300
    7/7: 11,628
    7/8: 1123
    7/9: 4803
    7/10: 4762
    7/11: 2696
    7/12: 4004
    7/13: 3441
    7/14: 11,453
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    @LaurieWrobo Thank you, it is lovely to read they help you take your mind off your problems for a while.
    @CasandraW Thank you too! I just worry it is a bit too much sometimes. :smile:
  • StacyAru
    StacyAru Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I've been busy with planning and preparing for a trip. We're going to San Francisco for a few days, leaving tomorrow. We just decided 2 to 3 weeks ago that we were doing this, so it's been stressful, trying to plan it last minute.

Unfortunately, that means that I've not been focusing on meals or steps, just cleaning out the fridge and getting all the laundry done. And work. But I'm not beating myself up. I only have so much bandwidth, and I plan on a fresh start when I get back. I'm grateful that my weight has held steady.

Question... Is there a quick way to get to our group on the MFP app? I have it "favorited" but don't see a way to navigate to favorites.

Cheers,
    Stacy
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Current Maintenance Weigh In
    Bad day yesterday-ended up taking my husband to ER b/c he had blood in his stool-ran blood test, etc everything came back normal - then last night right after he ate, he threw up - I wasn't home I was getting a cut/color
    So we see cancer dr next Wednesday to see what will happen - I don't think my hubby can continue on the chemo b/c he gets so sick

Hugs. Just hugs
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    MyFitnessPal app has been acting up and I’m having difficulty posting….

SavageMrsMoose

PW 160.5
    CW 162.5

Wrong direction. Not a surprise though. Last week was a huge drop and I’ve been off the rails for 3 days. Gotta get back on track
  • Yukie_OP
    Yukie_OP Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    @pupowl I absolutely adore your posts & pictures - I love nature (and live in the suburbs) so I absolutely love when you share. Honestly i think you can make an income (incase you don't already) from selling your photos. I'm Currently daydreaming about bike-riding through that vast-open field path that goes across the park 🚲🌾 ... love love love
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,107 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    StacyAru wrote: »
    Hi all,

[snip]

Question... Is there a quick way to get to our group on the MFP app? I have it "favorited" but don't see a way to navigate to favorites.

If you'll scroll all the way to the bottom in the app when you're in Community, you'll see a list of your bookmarks, just above Popular Tags...hope this helps. Enjoy your trip!
    Jessica
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Mulecanter
    Friday
    PW - Delinquent Slacker NWI 219.5
    CW - 220
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    I’m posting my weekly weigh-in report below. I apologize that it’s a day late. I was busy on Thursday and simply forgot. Sorry, @jessicakrall8!

Name: PatriceFitnessPal
    Weigh-in day: Thursday
    PW: 127.2
    CW: 126.6

SW: 168
    LTD: 41.4

• PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,324 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Feel Good Friday

Fellow Shape Shifters told us that sharing milestones and success stories is motivating! This is your chance to shine 🤩 while helping others learn some successful strategies to replicate. Feel free to build on one of the ideas below or anything else that makes you proud.

- Have you overcome a challenge?
    - How did you do it?
    - What non-scale victories (NSV) made you smile?
    - Have you sustained a positive habit that now feels easy or natural?
    - Have you learned any tricks to maintain such great consistency?
    - What milestones are you happy or proud to report?
    - How did you get to this successful point?
    - What’s your next goal?

I’m looking forward to hearing about anything that comes to mind. Best wishes and I hope you enjoy the weekend!
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    mulecanter wrote: »
    Mulecanter
    Friday
    PW - Delinquent Slacker NWI 219.5
    CW - 220

@mulecanter I know you're just joking, but don't count yourself short...you're on my friends' list and I've seen how hard you're working...keep at it my friends...you've got this! I'm on your side...you don't even owe me that gift card...I just want to see you succeed...so I guess that means the next 10 pounds are for me!!! :smile: Wanna come back to the Captain's chair...I saved you a spot!!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Feel Good Friday

Fellow Shape Shifters told us that sharing milestones and success stories is motivating! This is your chance to shine 🤩 while helping others learn some successful strategies to replicate. Feel free to build on one of the ideas below or anything else that makes you proud.

- Have you overcome a challenge?
    - How did you do it?
    - What non-scale victories (NSV) made you smile?
    - Have you sustained a positive habit that now feels easy or natural?
    - Have you learned any tricks to maintain such great consistency?
    - What milestones are you happy or proud to report?
    - How did you get to this successful point?
    - What’s your next goal?

I’m looking forward to hearing about anything that comes to mind. Best wishes and I hope you enjoy the weekend!

Nice loss this week @PatriceFitnessPal !!

I've been working on my attitude this week...counting all of the things I'm grateful for has really helped remind me how much I have going for me. My NSV this week is that I'm two days into the renovation and I'm so happy and excited at what i'm seeing. I've only eaten out once during that time and it was well within my calories, heavy on protein, light on fat and full of broccoli! I'm still leaning heavily into apples as my main snack after lunch, in the afternoons.

This COVID scare has been a pill, but so far I'm feeling ok and I really think my test tomorrow will be negative. I have had a little bit of a sore throat and some sneezing but I have year-round allergies and that's what it feels like to me. I will let you guys know in the morning how it goes. I'm scheduled to go back to the office on Tuesday unless it's positive. AND STILL my attitude has been good.

How did I get to this successful point...not giving in when times get hard, cravings hit or I get to feeling "woe is me"...this is the hand I was dealt and I'm learning that if I want something, I either have to cut a few corners and make it a little healthier or limit my portions and just eat a portion of it. Eat to live...don't live to eat...

My next goal is to get back to the scale in a couple of weeks. I've been taking a break...and then hit it hard again, work the plan, cut back a little more than I have been and keep my attitude happy and ready to work. I want to see those numbers come down again...

Hope you've had a good week! Thanks for supporting me through good times and bad...and for keeping it real!

@pupowl loved the pictures of the birds, the butterflies and the roads you're walking...I love that you take the time to share that with us...beautiful job!
    Jessica
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Cre804
    Friday
    PW 195.0
    CW 196.0

This should be the last remnants of the vacation gain so I’m ok with that. A bit of a splurge today, since it was my birthday, but could have been a lot worse. I went to Starbucks for my birthday treat. Many years it was a double chocolate chip Frappuccino. Today I got a venti iced cold brew with a splash of almond milk and three pumps mocha syrup. Less than 100 calories and I didn’t feel deprived at all!

Has my second nutritionist appointment today and vacation really messed up my numbers all around. If I can’t get back on track by the next appointment, she’s going to recommend I go on a low carb diet. I really have to work on increasing my water intake and getting my walks in. The triple digit heat is really making it challenging to get out and walk, and I think that’s affecting my blood glucose levels.
  • bassclef
    bassclef Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Bassclef
    Friday weigh in
    PW 187
    CW 188

Backwards. I have some reckoning to do.
  • ac204
    ac204 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    AC204
    Friday
    PW: 193
    CW: 193
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    Izzyred9400
    PW 139.5
    CW 138.4
  • bearchested
    bearchested Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Bearchested
    Friday
    PW: 196.6
    CW: 197.0

Sorry for posting late. Made some good decisions on vacation last weekend, but not good enough.
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    cre804 wrote: »
    Cre804
    Friday
    PW 195.0
    CW 196.0

This should be the last remnants of the vacation gain so I’m ok with that. A bit of a splurge today, since it was my birthday, but could have been a lot worse. [snip]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :D

7dqmqpmymxxa.jpg
This discussion has been closed.