Shape Shifters Team Chat - AUGUST 2022

Options

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,064 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Hi SS...A returning member is joining your team ... Please welcome @leni1us :)

p4vi8fy6oj2k.jpg

Hey there!!! WELCOME BACK @leni1us and @laceyf53 !!! Glad y'all returned to the fam! So catch us up on what's been going on in your life while you both were away! Got a few goals you wanna share with the crew?!!

Got a few new people you might not know, so please introduce yourselves and get to know the members who arrived recently!

Hope all is well...let me know if you have any questions or if you want to join the Step Challenge for August! You know the drill...daily goal, first name for the chart and favorite place to walk!

Again, on behalf of the team and our two wonderful Motivators @PatriceFitnessPal and @angmarie28 welcome back!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Posting Steps

7/25 8755 (long bike instead)
    7/26 20464
    7/27 25,423
    7/28 15,337
    7/29 15,576
    7/30 11,562
    7/31 9,384

@jessicakrall8 - is there a chart I can record this for you in the future? I’d like to keep with the challenge in the future but it’s awkward type on my phone and must be such a pain for you!

@SavageMrsMoose You are SUCH a sweetheart! I deal with spreadsheets all day long at work...(I'm such a geek), so it's really no problem...I do it on my PC at home...if it were on my phone I'd scream! LOL BUT, I just appreciate the fact that you asked! MORE THAN WORDS!!! THANK YOU FOR CARING!! Great stats BTW!! WTG!

Forgot to mention, the spreadsheet is on the same one where all of the month weigh ins are recorded, just go to the main Fat2Fit page, look for a mention of the SPREADSHEET FOR AUGUST and when you click there, find the Shape Shifter tab at the bottom, there's the weigh in sheet, then scroll beneath that one and you'll find the Step Challenge...only the Captain's have editing privileges...but you need to know where it is, to check and see how you're doing. Hope this helps!
    Jessica :smile:
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Susanna527 wrote: »
    Good morning! Since I'm able to comment here, I guess I don't have to re-join the group? I'm sorry I haven't been much of a support here, but plan to get better.

Susanna527
    Weigh-In Day: Monday
    PW: 202.3
    CW: 202

I haven't lost anything, but am happy to know that once I do get to my goal weight, I know how to maintain. I've been pretty much this same weight (up a few ounces, then down a few ounces) since May. But I'm so glad I've stopped spiraling and am getting a better grip on my emotional/binge eating.

Wishing y'all a good week :smile:

Nope @Susanna527 you're stuck with us! The only thing you have to renew each month if you choose, is the step challenge! I'm glad you've made strides...I always say...baby steps!
    Jessica
  • StacyAru
    StacyAru Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Has anybody tried the Noodles & Co. "Leanguini?" I had it last night, and it tasted okay. But today. Well, I need a poop emoji. Lol.
  • Susanna527
    Susanna527 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    StacyAru wrote: »
    Has anybody tried the Noodles & Co. "Leanguini?" I had it last night, and it tasted okay. But today. Well, I need a poop emoji. Lol.

Hi Stacy, I never heard of it, so I just looked it up! It sounds good, but I wouldn't be able to eat it because I have Celiacs disease and it contains wheat, and if I eat wheat - oh boy - I'd need a LOT of poop emojis, lol!!! 💩
  • Susanna527
    Susanna527 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    Susanna527 wrote: »
    Good morning! Since I'm able to comment here, I guess I don't have to re-join the group? I'm sorry I haven't been much of a support here, but plan to get better.

Susanna527
    Weigh-In Day: Monday
    PW: 202.3
    CW: 202

I haven't lost anything, but am happy to know that once I do get to my goal weight, I know how to maintain. I've been pretty much this same weight (up a few ounces, then down a few ounces) since May. But I'm so glad I've stopped spiraling and am getting a better grip on my emotional/binge eating.

Wishing y'all a good week :smile:

Nope @Susanna527 you're stuck with us! The only thing you have to renew each month if you choose, is the step challenge! I'm glad you've made strides...I always say...baby steps!
    Jessica

Thanks so much @jessicakrall8!!!
  • JanieD82
    JanieD82 Posts: 7 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    I've met my step goal of 3000 the past 3 days which is pretty huge for me, since I don't get up and walk much. I work from home as an accountant (spreadsheets all day!), so I'm sitting most of the day.

Staying motivated for a lifestyle change. I'm tired to being tired all the time!

I too, am from Houston - I live in Katy!
  • laceyf53
    laceyf53 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Daily Step goal: 10,000 finishing up July
    Fri 7/29: 12,439
    Sat 7/30: 13,970

For August, I want to stick with my daily step goal of 10,000.
    (For months, I've had a goal of doing 10,000 steps/day 30 days in a row (done 4 times since last October), which also accomplishes a second goal of 300,000 steps/month. I've decided to abandon this tactic. Instead, I will still aim for 300,000 steps/month, but I intend to take a break one day a week from hitting 10,000 steps. I think that break will be better for me in the long run.
    So, my daily minimum will be 4,000 steps, and my daily average will be 10,000 steps.)

My favorite places to walk are typically far away. The past few weeks, I've enjoyed walks at Calaveras Big Trees State Park (in the Sierras) and Garrapata State Park (on the coast north of Big Sur), a walk on the beach at Carmel-By-The-Sea and several walks in Monterey and Pacific Grove.
    While wonderful locations, they're all over two hours away, so where I usually walk is a pedestrian trail where a railway used to be. I start early in the morning at my gym, after a yoga or pilates class. It's a half mile up a tree-lined street to the trail, then a half mile to a pedestrian overpass over a busy blvd. There's a bench on either side of the overpass, and it's a quarter mile from bench to bench. I walk over the overpass six times, then return to the gym, giving me a total distance of ~3.5 miles. It isn't that scenic, but it's pleasant enough.

Nice I'm about 30 minutes from Monterey so I walk those places pretty frequently. I love the Monterey rec trail, my daughter does a surfing class and I typically walk around the wharf while I wait.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    I just read through the August comments and appreciate all the Chat activity. I have an early start tomorrow morning so I’m sorry I don’t have more time to respond tonight. I’ll be in the car most of the day tomorrow because my husband and I are helping our sons move back home until the fall semester begins in a few weeks. I’m hoping to post my introduction to the new group members in the next couple of days and look forward to the new month. Best wishes to our Shape Shifters team!!
  • Walela617
    Walela617 Posts: 382 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Okay everyone, time to "Face the Music". After being highly active and very careful about intake and nutrition (while cutting out alcoholic beverages 100%) last week, I went UP 0.2 lbs.! **WHAT'n'th'HEYY?** (I was so disappointed, I even cried a little bit.) BUT--I'm NOT giving up!

Walela617
    (Sunday) Weigh-in (July 31, 2022)
    PW: 163.8 lbs (previous weight)
    CW: 164.0 lbs (current weight)
    LTD: +0.2 lbs (optional loss to date)

I tried to stall a couple of days before posting in hopes that the weight would "correct" itself after so much hard work, but NOPE! Still 164.0! Here are my latest stats, according to my Renpho scale:
    k756e4cdubex.jpg
    AUG01 STEPS: 13,745; STEP GOAL: 10,000/day, at least 5 days per week

I will make every effort to stick to my plan and post on time this Sunday.

Have a great week!
    Carole

• bearchested
    bearchested Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    JanieD82 wrote: »
    I've met my step goal of 3000 the past 3 days which is pretty huge for me, since I don't get up and walk much. I work from home as an accountant (spreadsheets all day!), so I'm sitting most of the day.

Staying motivated for a lifestyle change. I'm tired to being tired all the time!

I too, am from Houston - I live in Katy!

Small world, my wife (KHill875) and I moved back to Houston last year, and live in Katy.
  • bearchested
    bearchested Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I’ve been out of pocket for a while- but I wanted to reach out particularly to @bearchested - I’m so sorry about your dog. I’ve never heard of home euthanasia- it sounds like hospice and I want to look into it. I’m taking Buddy to his second round of chemo tomorrow so I need to be prepared….

I am also currently in Houston awaiting my husband’s next surgery. What part? I’m in Friendswood.

I hope you were able to celebrate the wedding in Uvalde. Friendswood is near Santa Fe, a forgotten shooting because- what - it was 4 or 5 years ago? But so hard. Those babies.

@PatriceFitnessPal so sorry about your dog as well! You are always so supportive of us here.

Thanks so much for your kind words. When I found out about in-home being a service I was grateful. I thought our other dog, Emmy, who is an anxious 11 year old ridgeback who vomits at the vets and car rides over 10 minutes, would need it first and it seemed like the best option for her. After going through the procedure I wouldn't do it any other way.

We used to live in the Spring, TX area , and then moved to the far suburbs of San Francisco bay area for a few years. My company asked me to move back to Houston, so we picked Katy this time.
  • JanieD82
    JanieD82 Posts: 7 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    JanieD82

Weigh In Day: Tuesday
    PW (Previous Weight): 251.8
    CW (Current Weight): 253.8
    LTD: +2.0

I'm not discouraged by the weight gain; it's that time of the month. :D
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,196 Member
    Options
    Daily Step goal: 10,000
    Sun 7/31: 14,442
    Mon 8/1: 16,157
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    @Walela617 Stats started on Sun, Jul 31st, so please give me your steps for that day...I have Aug 1st. Thanks! Jess
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Hey y'all...very busy day at the office today...coming home every day, first thing I do is to go into the kitchen and see the progress they're making...then I take a few pictures...the cabinets are really coming together! Hope everyone had a wonderful and productive Tuesday!

Jessica
  • msashleybing
    msashleybing Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Step goal: 6,000
    7/31: 6,811
    8/1: 6,074

Hubby and I have started taking a walk every day! We’ve both wanted to lose weight for a while, so I’m happy he’s been joining me. We’re just walking around the neighborhood, but every step counts! Speaking of steps, our little man has started walking around the house!!! It’s so cute watching him walk around, yelling “DADT.” 🥰
  • laceyf53
    laceyf53 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Rode one of my horses for the first time since early April. Went out with an exercise rider on one of my other horses and did about 8 miles. Everyone held up and I'm only marginally sore. 😝

I just have to be careful not to push too hard since I am way over what I should be to be riding. Hopefully I'll be able to fit a walk in tomorrow.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,789 Member
    Options
    7/27-4,077
    7/28-3,597
    7/29-3,904
    7/30-9,753
    7/31-12,009
    8/1-11,128
This discussion has been closed.