Summer Buzz Around the Airport Lounge

Options

Replies

• CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Thanks for the congrats on my co-leader position. I knew in July about it but choose to save the news for when I took over the position. I am hoping that it's the extra push I need to get me staying on the right track.

Thanks for the support with my gain. It means the world to me.

Today has been extremely hot and humid. Tomorrow is supposed to be better. Completed all planned workouts except my bike ride. Woke up with a kink in my neck. Didn't feel safe riding when I can't turn my head far enough since I don't have mirrors. Worked on the laundry and the dishes. Also played cards with Hubby. Visited with my neighbor as he is COVID free. He has been updated about his cancer. Worst case scenario is he has 6 months to live. He will be going back on chemo to see if it helps. He's not sure what will happen with the puppies yet. I wish I could take them. Please pray for him.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,024 Member
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain ,,, Sounds really good!! CONGRATS!!! Can you take Sunday and just veg out? Just read @Daffygirl88 suggestions, they are very very good.
    @Daffygirl88 ,,, Ohhhh I could NOT do the high 90s!! Sounds like you live down south? I was talking a friend today who lives in CA, she's in the 100's. She was giggling at me, today we were in the 80s, I was INSIDE!! But, I reminded her in the winter when she's in the 60s in a winter coat, I am outside when it's not even 32, in a sweatshirt. Hehehehe it all evens out!!
    @Patti241 ,, I feel for you!! I DO!! Tomorrow 86, Fri 83 ,, Sun 90 (NNOOOOO!) After that low 80s or high 70s.
    @Cormierannie,, Did you get the housework done?? ANYONE ELSE ,, would you like Annie to help you with YOUR housework? RAISING MY HAND!! I don't have much, might take 10 mins tops, but SURE!!! Hehehehe!! Hope it went well.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

I hope you are all doing well this morning. Today even though it is suppose to storm is going to be a good day. I know it is. I am not sure if my son has to work tonight or not. I will have to ask. I think my boyfriend is finally settling in here at home. Things are going well. We are both not ones who like to argue so I think we will probably talk things out more that not.

@DaffyGirl88 - I think Saturday we are going to try and go for a motorcycle ride. That calms me and helps me. I love being on the back of his motorcycle with him. IT is so soothing. Then we have to finish moving him from his apartment. I am sorry it has been so darn hot for you.
    @cormierannie - I hand mopped my floor last night. It really needed it. That was a lot of exercise.
    @CSEGUIN2 - Heat and humidity are so bad. Sorry. I hope it cools down for you. Maybe he should look at finding someone who can take his animals when he starts getting really sick permanently. I hope the chemo helps him. Sending prayers.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - No reading on Saturday or Sunday this week. Will need to get a butt load more stuff done. We got this though. I will find the time to read. Even if it is at night while he is watching tv in bed.

Well it is time to get ready for work. I hope you have a great day.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 3,872 Member
    Options
    Vacation state of mind. Hope I don’t gain what I lost! Not sure why Wi-Fi isn’t included in your ticket fare? By watching a video, get 30 minutes free. What they didn’t bank on was the number of devices I have!
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,414 Member
    Options
    good afternoon everyone! it is a hot and mostly cloudy day here today, with a chance of rain later on this afternoon. i did get my housework done last night. today i can just relax, stay cool and well hydrated. my daughter says hi to all. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! we are all keeping cool and well hydrated here today. i have been for a walk and i feel great! i dropped off some extra clothes to the local clothing drop box that is near my place on my walk this morning. i like to help others whenever i can. i will definitely be doing some dancing later on. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today isn't as hot but it feels bad with the humidity. All planned workouts 💪 done. Had an extra walk after Son's Dr. check-up (passed with flying colors) to grab a few things in that area and then back to the bus stop. My hips are not to happy with me but oh well. Also still have the kink in my neck but it's not as bad.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain ,,, Oh, it's so much easier to talk things out. I hate to argue stuff, it's so not ever worth it. The other night a member of the council here, (I am the President) decided he'd scream and scream at 2 of us. We just sat there, not saying a thing. LOL that ended it fast, he STOMPED out, quitting the Council. We are both sad he choose that response, but it was why we had sat him down, his temper. Ohhh it'll be so much easier without that stuff. Indeed no one wants/needs to be hollered at. He had decided to change the time of an event next week, to make others happy, but!! Had not checked it out with us.
    @Patti241,,, HI Patti!! WOOHOO eventually FALL will be here. The cooler weather we were told we'd have this coming week has been cancelled. It'll eventually happen though.
    @itladyee ,, where are you headed? ENJOY the VACATION!! WOOHOO!!!
    @Cormierannie,, did you get any rain? We are now in a severe drought so STRANGE for Maine to be!!
    @Cseguin2 ,,, Glad it's not as hot, though ugh on the humidity! Glad S did well. Oh I think we should ask Lynn to take the ENTIRE 5% Challenge team out for a day of totally spoiling us, INCLUDING Massages as often as we wish. Hehehehe!!! I have a friend who gives great ones. I might call her. She's the only person out of anyone (including professionals) she has the knack/gift!

GOOD NEWS on foot, today my foot Dr said I can go back to my NORMAL Exercise routine!!! YEAH!! YEAH!! YEAH!! Next Thurs is my last day with the Picc Line and IV antibiotic!! HOPEFULLY my blood tests tomorrow will be good, If so I no longer need to go back to the infectious disease office. A month from now the foot Dr (He saw me today) will look over my feet. He did say the pain I am in will be with me for now on, the off colors of it,, same thing. I am so hoping that they got all of us the infection, so it does not come back. Sadly it's not at all unusual since there may be such a small amount left, and it can regrow if so. That happened in 2015/16 to my big toe area. STILL HERE'S HOPING it's GONE GONE GONE!!
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope you are all ready to enjoy your weekend. The weekend is here after just working this one day. I am excited to get all the crabby parts of me out. I am glad that I get to sit at home and relax and that I can get a lot of things done. I need to get a little more laundry done for my son so we will see how that goes. I know he said he would do it but I can get it done.

@cormierannie - You help alot. I am sure all the extra help you give is definitely helping someone right now. Enjoy your dancing today.
    @CSEGUIN2 - Hopefully that kink in your neck is gone the next time you sleep. My hips have not been happy with me either. Glad your son passed his check up
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - I so hope your infection is gone for good. I hope everything stays well with the foot doctor. We wan all the good prayers for you. I hate conflict of any kind and so does my boyfriend. We have been talking stuff through. Although we don't have an actual fight though. The last time we were together in high school we never fought either. We were together almost 2 years and never fought.

Well it is time to get ready for work. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Options
    Good morning everyone
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,414 Member
    Options
    good morning everyone! it is a warm and sunny day here today. my daughter says hi to everyone. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! we are all keeping cool and well hydrated here. i completed my strength training workout and a walk earlier this morning, before it got too warm here. in the evening, i will be going to a volunteer orientation for the tennis tournament that starts here tomorrow. i will be doing some dancing once i am back home from the orientation. the tennis tournament goes from august 6th to august 14th and it is the women tennis players here this year. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,392 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, hope you had a good week. I feel pretty good about mine. Most of my outside exercise is done early (that's walking Kayla), the in afternoon do my ST or one of my videos. It been staying between, 95-101 this past week, right now 99 ant 4:47 pm. Wishing everyone a great weigh in tomorrow. Have a great rest of the day and a wonderful weekend.

“Your goals, minus your doubts, equal your reality.”
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a hot and humid day. Woke up with the kink but it's a lot better than it was. Hips are still bothering me but while I am moving I don't notice it as much. Getting up and down out of my seat is the worst part. Oh well it'll get better. One of my clients is back in town and is back to expecting me to drop everything for him. I worked today for him removing wall paper for over 3 hrs. While I was working he was trying to talk me into working on the weekend. Not happening when my Son is here. I have to work tomorrow as it is for my friend. She decided she wanted me to come clean after all.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    edited August 2022
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain ,,, Hey if we all throw in some clothes is that okay? We mean, what's a "bit" more? LOL Sorry couldn't resist. WOOHOO it's the WEEKEND!! Love the talk it through. I was driving today, my passengar FREAKED OUT MAJOR time ,, it was heavy traffic, it's the city. I knew I had time to do a left turn, she starts to totally freak, I turned the car around so fast, LOL I am not sure how I did so. So she'd stop freaking out. I lost it for a moment ,, so did she. Than we both immediately calmed down, I understood she was scared crapless. She understood she was right (LOLOL WELL she wasn't, but peace means more!) we talked it out some. She apologized, I accepted it. Her eyes aren't good, what she thinks is happening isn't always happening, but sometimes it is. Its so hard on her, and well of course on me too. We were in a very bad car accident years ago. She's terrified that'll happen again. I'll need to go over the blood tests with my Dr next week.
    Patti241,,, Oh now they're saying we'll remain hot. WHO KNOWS!! We went to Bug Light today, its on the ocean (about a 3 min ride down the road I live off) which is also a park. ALL Of the grass was dead, looked horrible, all brown and nasty.
    @Cormierannie,, WOOHOO have FUN at the tennis tournament!! Neat!! Tomorrow is the Beach to Beacon race started by Joan Benoit Samuelson who in 84 won a Gold in that event. She grew up here. The event is always wanting more volunteers, if I felt better that could be fun!
    @Kurtize ,, please stay safe in the heat!! YO!!! Love that saying at the bottom.
    @Cseguin2 ,, OH PLEASE!! IN THIS WEATHER REMOVING WALL PAPER?? That's so INSANE!! OH MY !! OH MY!! Glad you stuck to your guns!! YO!! YO!! Can I have at him for you? I won't hurt him of course, but he may still cry. That's not nice of him. I have AC (Hopefully and I am guessing he does? In the room you were working in?)when my friend who cleans for me was here, it was hot hot though my place was nice I still didn't want her doing much, just the very basic essentials of laundry and only to vac the main areas of my place. Since it's very small it wasn't much. Her H was in the area, stopped to get shakes that day, I was so happy for us to be outside for a bit WITH THE SHAKE of course!
  • Patti241
    Options
    Good morning everyone
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options

I hope everyone is enjoying the first part of the weekend. Things are going well. My boyfriend is at work right now so I have a little free time. I am actually going to be cleaning the house today. That is something he likes. A clean house and I need to start doing better. I have been slacking for so long. I am helping him see a lived in home is ok and he is helping me to clean a little more. It is a win win and he has offered to help me clean. He just doesn't know where a lot of things are yet.

@cormierannie - Have fun with the tennis tournament. It sounds like it will be fun
    @Kurtize - Wow those temps are high. I hope you are staying cool. Way to go on getting those walks and the strength training in all in one day.
    @CSEGUIN2 - When you are sitting and not hardly moving it is like your hip locks up and doesn't move right until you start moving and it frees itself. I get the pain. Sometimes mine does hurt too. Sorry your client was expecting you to want to work this weekend. Time with your son is way more important.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - My boyfriend and I dated in high school. He was actually the first person I was with physically. We have a base to our relationship as we were together for over a year in high school. So now we are more mature and we both don't like arguing so we have decided to avoid arguments if we can and discuss everything before it becomes an issue. We are hoping that will work. Right now I am sure we are still in the honeymoon phase where you don't argue in a new relationship.

Well I have house work to do. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain ,, love the honeymoon period, but after that it becomes more so much comfy hopefully. Likely with you 2 since you aren't new to each other (though no doubt you've each changed some as we all do) it'll go well. WISHING this the best. Hmmm the vac is over there, the dust mop over there. LOL
    It sounds like a very nice balance.
    Turn on the music and DANCE AWAY the cleaning. I do enjoy that. Even makes cleaning the tub fun!!
    @Dlbeasyrider,,, WOOHOO Dave!! WTG!!!
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,532 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Still trying to catch up on many pages. Back from vacation-hubby and younger daughter are fighting a cold
  • CSEGUIN2
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a very hot and humid day. Early morning walk through to tonight I have been drenched in sweat unless I was in a building. Which of course was not as often as I would have preferred. All planned workouts done. Hooked my client up with a couple of friends who can do his painting. They are starting Monday @ 7:30 am. While I won't get there till about 10:30 am to finish removing wall paper. This will be interesting. Cleaned for a friend today and did some visiting as well. My Son goes home tomorrow after lunch. Going to be another scorcher tomorrow so not sure I will get my bike ride again.