Summer Buzz Around the Airport Lounge

Options

Replies

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,058 Member
    Options
    @Kurtize ,,,, OH GOOD on the rain!!! We've not done the restriction of water here, though we are in a severe drought, but up until 2 years ago, that was about UNHEARD of here. GLAD it's cooling down!! We hit 92 today and now it's 64 with a high of THANKFULLY 73 tomorrow. Hope you are able to do well outside with cooler temps!! Indeed some teams on the 5% are competitive and hence it's in their descriptions, but we wanted some noncompetitive ones because not everyone enjoys being in a competition. I am an over all leader, and I get asked at times if there are any teams that just enjoy the journey. Indeed there are!! Some may not know I am though the CL of the Positively Strong 4 Life team. I ADORE competition. Likely being the only girl with 2 older brothers (one played spots the other one,, LOL totally opposite nerd ,, all around nerd, but WE SURE DO LOVE HIM!) and 2 younger brothers. One who tried sports, the other one who LOLOLOL Life IS A SPORT and the girls were all over him. I HAD to keep up where I could as much as I could, and I LOVED IT!! I did gymnastics in HS and adored that so much.
    LOVE the 5% is flexible for so many of us.

How are you all doing with the Get to Bed? WEIRDLY it's working for me!! Teaching me I CAN LEARN new tricks (I was the CL of the Dawggie team on Sparks (5%) after my dear, dear friend of 10 years, Maryanngi passed away. It's been almost 2 years. I MISS that zany crazy kid!! She was so much fun. Daily never leave anyone in an upset, and say I love you to those you'd normally not say it too. It could be the last time you get to. I am glad I had told MaryAnn that I loved her, and of course that we'd not been angry at each other.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Tabatha_Cain Posts: 4,037 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

Today is going to be a good day. I have some bathroom issues going on and it is not going to be pretty today. I am not sure why. I just feel yucky today. I did a whole bunch of exercise yesterday. I don't want to go to work. I am not feeling well

@cormierannie - Is volunteering really active? Like is it a lot of moving around? Glad you are doing some volunteering for the tennis tournament.
    @CSEGUIN2 - It is ok if you did not get your bike in. You can do it another time. Just remember it is ok to take a break.
    @Dianedoessmiles1 - It was crazy. Totally crazy. I am not really clear to do list and things are still flowing over.
    @Kurtize - Rain is always good unless it is suppose to rain all week while you are trying to camp.

Well it is time to get ready for work. I hope you have a great day.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Patti241 Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Good morning
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain,, UGH SO SORRY you aren't well today!! Is it an option on not going in? Or perhaps leaving early if needed? Hoping once you got going (TRIED not do that as a pun!) you'll feel better. Sometimes it is as it is, so sorry. Hope when you are reading this you feel so much better.
    @Patti241 ,,, Were you able to get out for a walk today? Or do something inside? I walked down the grocery store (in my backyard so only 4 to 5 mins to get there and about 7 to get back (I am tired by that point) and of course the walking around the store. Today it seemed all of my neighbors were down there, well okay 5 out of 91. BUT!! STILL!! LOL we were all laughing and waving as we passed each other.
  • CSEGUIN2
    CSEGUIN2 Posts: 5,647 Member
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

Today has been a great day. All planned exercise has been completed including my bike ride. Feeling tired and sore in a good way. Took my DS to get his bottom braces on. Then went for lunch. He didn't end up working after so he went with me shopping and then we returned to our respective homes. His only comment about them so far is that they feel weird. Here is the picture he sent after getting home as I forgot to do it before.xc91mn5bn2s4.jpg
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Cseguin2 ,,, WOOHOO on the bike ride!! WTG!!! Sons braces look nice!! I am sure they do feel weird.
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends:

Well this morning is going to go well. I am hoping that they do my performance review today so I can call in tomorrow and go hang with my boyfriend. I really want to do that. I feel it is important to have time away. It really is. I need that time.

@Dianedoessmiles1 - I was not able to leave early. I wanted to but I could not. I am still feeling ill too. I hope it all works out.
    @CSEGUIN2 - That is great that he is able to get braces as an adult. That is way cool. I could not afford them.

Well it is time to get ready for work. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    Options
    Diane: I was able to go for a walk yesterday morning. Getting ready to do an early walk. Had to get up early this morning.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain ,, Sure do hope the evaluation went very well. AND that you got to leave work early or tomorrow (Friday) you can have the day off? I used to work in payroll for the City of Portland (Maine) in the Public Works Department. LOL EVERY SINGLE 1st day of the month if it fell on a work day, a few days before I'd get the calls of "How much sick time/mental health time do I have on the books?" If it wasn't the 8 hours "Oh okay, I'll call next month." If it was some I got to know I'd joke around "oh yeah, you'll have the Monday Flu right?" They'd laugh "Well be sure you have a few beers, pretzels and kick back,, oops please get better." They'd laugh, Id laugh. We did monthly get 8 hours of mental health (Working with the public you NEED THAT!) and 8 hours of sick time. I only took mine because of illness, I was healthy. When I left there, I got paid for 500 hours!! Soon after that you were told use it or lose it. To many of us had done as I had.
    @Patti241 ,, AWESOME you got to walk yesterday and hope you enjoyed it today!!

So far my exercise is at 20 mins. I went to visit a neighbor in the hospital. I had gotten almost inside, ooops forgot to grab the things I was taking her. Went back out to the car (about 3 mins away) got back to the lobby, OOOPS noticed I didn't have my phone. So back out I went. Than finally up to her room, LOL at the opposite end of the entrance since Covid everyone has to use. YUP 20 mins of walking!! Later I'll go out for a walk or do some stretches.
  • Patti241
    Options
    Diane: I did enjoy the walk. Getting ready to go to the farmers market.
  • Kurtize
    Kurtize Posts: 5,412 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon all, hope you had a good weigh in. A little cooler today, 89. Have a great new week.

Daily Affirmation

I Visualize my Intention.
    - Jonathan Lockwood Huie

• Patti241
    Options
    Good morning everyone.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Patti241 ,,, HI Patti!! SO SORRY yesterday was sooo busy it was CRAZY!! I hadn't been any time left. Glad you got the walk done!! WOOHOO!!!
    @Kurtize ,,, WOOHOO it was a good weigh in for myself. For you? DREAM, BELIEVE, AND ACHIEVE. We've GOT THIS1
  • Tabatha_Cain
    Options
    Good Morning Airport Friends,

I hope you are all doing well. I did end up getting Friday off. I think it went well. I am back to work today. I am camping this week so it is a 1 hour drive from the camp ground to my work. I will get it done. I love spending time with my boyfriend. Maybe one day we could have my son and his boyfriend stay out here. That would be nice. Maybe Saturday. I like that idea. I am excited for it. Well it is time to get things going and get some food before work. I hope you all have a great day.

Tabatha
  • Patti241
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Diane: That is ok. I did get my walk in
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,546 Member
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1 -hello! Missed chatting with you. Since we got back from vacation, my younger daughter came down with Covid. She’s all better now and at band cAmp. So I had over a week of just hanging out with her (trying not to sit too close) and trying to get lots of water down her. There were three days she literally stared at the tv-no rubic cube, no computer, nothing. Netflix was our friend. School starts 9/1. But this week is band camp. 9-5 or 9-8 depending on the day. Next week is dr appt, band rehearsal and chill. Great vaca other than illness. Hope you are 100 percent now
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,546 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Marching Band camp for my kids this week. Today and Wednesday 9-5, Tuesday and Thursday 9-8. Hoping sunburn is minimal or non existent.
    I’m almost done with a bunch of library books which means I get to read books I own while waiting for library selections to come from other areas. In June I figured out what I wanted to read june/July. Later (hopefully today) I will figure out august/September. I do several book challenges (with prompts) so this is exciting for me
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,427 Member
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain : volunteering is very active. i was on my feet for pretty much the whole time i was at the tennis tournament.

hello everyone! it is a beautiful sunny day here today. i just finished the tennis tournament yesterday and i really enjoyed it. i had a lot of fun and i made some friends as well. today i spent with my daughter. we went on a university tour for one of the universities she is interested in going to. it was a great way to spend some time together. both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i got in a lot of walking today and i feel great! this morning i got my strength training workout done. later on tonight, after supper, i will be doing some dancing. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @Tabatha_Cain ,, WOOHOO So HAPPY you had Friday off!! ENJOY the camping!!! Love camping!! So much fun.
    @Patti241 ,, AWESOME Patti!! I've been back to walking now too. It's amazing how when you can't do something you really enjoy it!
    @Bookienj , ,SURE DID MISS YOU!!! So sorry Youngest D got Covid!! UGH!! Doesn't matter how old they get, it sure is hard to see them sick. Glad she's better and able to enjoy band camp!! That does sound like fun! Reading is so much fun. I'm reading "The Diary of Anne Frank" again. Its so strange how as life goes on, the way I look at this book is so different.
    @Cormierannie ,,, So happy you enjoyed the tennis tournament as a volunteer!! That's great plus making new friends, well that's ALWAYS A PLUS!! WTG on the exercise!! Have fun with your D as you look at various campuses.
  • Patti241
    Options
    Diane: Yeah I sort of got out doing the walking but needed to get back into it. Will walk later on today.