Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - AUGUST 2022

Replies

• leti126
    leti126 Posts: 179 Member
    YAY! Nice job team! We killed it week 1!

@trooworld The tonal does sound amazing, I like that idea of challenging yourself and competing against yourself. It sounds super successful!

Hi all. Just checking in! I have definitely overate this weekend as my husband and I went out for dinner and got italian and I couldn't resist some pizza and a large portion of pasta BUT I did track it to the best of my ability which is something I normally wouldn't do when I know I'm eating over. We did go on two walks despite the heat wave we are in and I went to the farmers market and prepped myself with lots of veggies for the rest of the week!

Here are my step counts from the past couple days that I didn't update
    Friday: 12,761
    Saturday: 8,220
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    PW 6/17/2022: 219.5
    Beginning Wt forAugust 217.3
    Check in weight (8/5/2022): 218.3
    Check in weight (8/122022):
    Check in weight (8/19/2022):
    Check in weight (8/26/2022):
    lfmo6nuim5sx.png
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    Oh my gosh I don’t feel like I belong up there on that board 🫣😂 I was just trying to be honest about my actual first weight so that my 1st weigh in didn’t seem so drastic. I knew it was mostly water weight though and I’ve been working really hard all week to hopefully show another loss in morning!!! 🤞🏼

Went for a 3.5 mile hike today during the hottest part of the day 🥵🥵🥵

My legs are so sore I can barely sit or stand and once I get moving I have to take several steps stiff legged before I can actually bend them correctly but I’m still moving to work through the soreness!

Great job to everyone this week! I can’t believe we’re already a week in and it seems we just got started!
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 475 Member
    Username: laurelfit57
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 138.6
    CW: 138
    Goal Wieght 135-140
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,534 Member
    @shaunalr83 Wow I think I would've counted cleaning all day as my workout, way to go! Oh no, sorry to hear how sore you are, that's always the downside to new workouts, I hope you're better soon and able to move better tomorrow.

@trooworld That sounds like a fun night with the husband! Have a great time with your friend.

Wow team we're at the top, go Slimpossibles!

@shaunalr83 @19shmoo69 @Jactop way to go team, you're the leaders of the pack!

@leti126 Way to go on tracking, that's definitely a win! The walks and farmer's market sound great, talk about setting your week up for success.

@laurelfit57 Congratulations on your son's wedding, have a wonderful time and enjoy the food! Glad you stopped in and said hi, it sounds like you're doing amazing staying on track.

Hi gang, weekend's over! I did my workout this morning then spent half the day reading and the other half in the yard. The salsa competition is in two days, I made some tonight that wasn't bad but need to get more supplies for Tuesday since I need to make a gallon, wonder how many tomatoes that would be?! We got new mailboxes and I have to go to the post office to pick up my new key so I'll do that after the store tomorrow. Have a great Monday everyone!
  • shaunarlr83
    Steps 👟👟
    Saturday August 6 - 10,639
    Sunday August 7 - 12,037
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 285 Member
    davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 248
    CW: 247

Sorry for late
  • RaquelFit2
    RaquelFit2 Posts: 208 Member
    Monday
    PW: 133.2
    CW: 134.1

If my goal was to gain weight it would have been a great week. I stopped tracking food for a while and ate a bunch of ice-cream the last couple of days. Today, I'm going to eat very low calories to get my body back on track.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,862 Member
    Yay for the whole team! We were #1 on the leaderboard! Woo hoo! Special shout out to @shaunalr83 @19shmoo69 @Jactop for leading us into victory! Yay!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Sorry about the plateau. Hopefully next week, you will see a change.

@leti126 It is! I love it. :D Great job tracking the Italian food, I have the same problem when I eat over. And wow, I'm impressed you were able to prep stuff in a heatwave! I couldn't do anything because of the heat yesterday. :( Great step count, too.

@deevan451 Congrats on the loss!

@shaunarlr83 Girl, you do belong on that board! You are doing the work, that's awesome! I'm impressed you went for a hike in this heat. Great job with the steps!

@laurelfit57 I hope your son's wedding goes well and that you enjoy your company. I hope you can enjoy it! Great weigh-in!

@Katmary71 It was! Thanks, it was nice catching up with my friend, I hadn't seen her in a couple of months. Great job with the workout! A gallon of salsa, wow! That would be a lot of tomatoes. Good luck! I can't wait to hear how you do!

@davors19 Congrats on the loss, WTG!

Hi all. I did my Tonal workout yesterday morning, it felt great. I finished my program, 12 out of 12 workouts! Now, to start another one. I can't believe how quickly the weekend went. All of the sudden, it was Sunday.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"

nvjcno4e2ouo.jpg
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Hi! My weigh in day is tomorrow, but I wanted to check in with my step count:
    Augt 1: 7,925
    2: 12,787
    3: 8,745
    4: 6,868
    5: 6,700
    6: 13,111
    7: 11,719

I realized that MFP is off for some reason; it seems to cut off and not update the final number of steps for the day. So here are the numbers from my Health app.

Walked 0.7 miles to church in the morning yesterday for a meeting... then in the evening walked with my family to the park, played for a bit, then walked back home to turn the oven from proof to bake. Enjoyed some fresh whole wheat bread, courtesy of my DH. I am very lucky and blessed!

I dig the Bingo challenge idea... I have been able to mark off a few things. I'll post where I'm at when I do my weigh-in tomorrow. But I'm pretty sure I will be happy with my numbers since I hit another new low today! 140! So close to the 130's again, I can taste it! Well actually right now I am tasting granny smith apples, cherries, and cotton candy grapes. I do so love fresh fruit. My food diary should look really nice today - an ideal workday for me. I pre-log, so my dinner might change. But I'll try not to.

Trying a new product from a friend... some NuSkin lotion that's supposed to tighten up your skin and make it look smoother. Started using it 8/7. Took before photos of my upper arms and tummy. I hope it actually works (won't know for about a month) & that it was worth the $60 pricetag *grumbles skeptically*

Random Quote: "I'm a scientist; I don't believe in anything." - Dr. Roger Fleming
    (I LOVE YOU if you know what movie that's from without Googling!)
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 515 Member
    edited August 2022
    Happy Monday! Wow I had no idea electric jar openers were so expensive since I bought mine new at the Salvation Army store for $10, to replace it would cost around $150 I'm using it most everyday. My rib is still very sore, hard to breathe, can't push, pull or press with my right arm and bending over is challenging. That will teach me a lesson I won't soon forget.

I'm tracking everyday and staying as close to target as possible with planed overages on loaded baked potato days, Wednesday's and Sunday's. I'm very much okay losing at a slower rate now. I will get there in the end and that's all that matters.

A big hurray for the whole team! We were #1on the leaderboard! Congrats to @shaunalr83 @19shmoo69 @Jactop for leading us into victory!

I'm so jealous of all those steps, I would just die if I walked over 4,000 steps in a day. I'm staying close to 3,000 a day which is my goal.

I printed out a stuffed bell pepper recipe to try, and I will go to the farmers market next Saturday and get some bell peppers. I'm looking forward to that.
  • krea4
    krea4 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Krea4
    Monday
    HW- 73.95 kg 163.0lbs
    PW- 72.6 kg 160.1lbs
    CW- 73.1 kg 161.2lbs
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 689 Member
    edited August 2022
    Weigh in
    Username: Jactop
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW : 193.8
    CW: 191.2

Steps
    Sat 6 - 12498
    Sun 7 - 12914
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 689 Member
    @vegan4lyfe2012 I get a little off with the snacking too if I don’t plan ahead. I’d been planning to make almond flour cookies since Christmas and finally forced myself yesterday. At least now I have lots in the freezer

I met with the personal trainer yesterday which went well. My shoulders are sore today probably because those are muscles I haven’t been using. She wants to torture me a couple more times this week and friended me on MFP so she can see my food diary. I took some progress pics today so I can compare in a couple of months. My birthday is in 9 weeks so I should see some good changes by then if I continue down the path I’m on.
  • shaunarlr83
    WEIGH DAY⚖️

Previous Weight: 195.8
    Current Weight: 195.2

Today I spent 45 minutes picking up things that don’t belong in my driveway, tried to stay mindful to squat with my legs instead of bending with my back.

I then went blackberry picking with a friend. It’s the end of the season and she didn’t get much but it was a nice visit. After she left I walked a mile and a half to hit my step goal!

Could have drank more water today but I was sidetracked a lot.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,534 Member
    @RaquelFit2 Good luck eating lower today! It's always hard the first day of not having dessert or snacks at night but you got this!

@trooworld Congratulations on 12/12 workouts, woot woot!

@happysquidmuffin You sound like you've been very active! Congratulations on hitting 140, that's amazing! Let us know if the NuSkin is a magic potion, good luck!

@FushiaKat Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear you're still really sore, how frustrating. It sounds to me like you're doing amazing staying on track. Stuffed bell peppers are awesome, hope they come out great!

@vegan4lyfe2012 So glad Hunter is doing well. A whole room for crafting, that will be awesome! I had to Google farina, I used to overeat oatmeal so I actually get this craving!

@Jactop You'll have to be real careful with the trainer watching you on here, I hope it helps you stay on track. Sounds like you're very committed which is wonderful, I do think it will be showing by your birthday.

Happy Monday team! Did my workout and got my key for my mailbox and stuff for salsa for tomorrow, aside of that just been real tired switching my medication around so I had a mellow day reading and spent some time in the yard. I planted a bunch more beans, hopefully I'll get some before Winter as they haven't done too well this year. I'm thinking grow bags don't hold moisture in enough for this area so I'll have to reassess for next year. I'll be gone tomorrow for the competition, have a great Tuesday everyone!
  • shaunarlr83
    Life is a roller coaster and I sure am riding it 😂 whatever else is going on in my life, I’m putting myself first!!! Thank yall for everything!!! You guys are “everything I never knew I always wanted!” ☺️ If you know what movie that came from we can just go ahead and become best friends right now!!! 😉
This discussion has been closed.