Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - AUGUST 2022

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,476 Member

@trooworld Your comment about the massage made me laugh, I went to a sports masseuse after I first fell and hurt my back and that wasn't what you think of a massage, you feel like you've been beat up after she spends an hour crushing Tiger Balm into every knot!

@shaunarlr83 Your time with your husband sounds like hard work but it would be fun to be together and go hiking in new places. A friend of mine who was a book keeper decided when her son was old enough to get her trucking license to go with her husband, he'd passed away by the time I met her but their time together meant the world to her. Congratulations on seeing a difference in your strength, that's amazing! It's exciting to go up on weights but when you see practical uses for your newfound strength like being able to do something you were struggling with it means so much more.

@bethanie0825 No worries, happens to all of us!

Hi team! I'm struggling with being up in the middle of the night then sleep in later than I'm used to, still working on getting my anti-depressants for pain and sleeping figured out. I worked out fast then went to the food bank farm, went and picked up my new walker (she's the kindest person), went to the farmer's market, then came home and rested and read. Been having trouble with being hypoglycemic today for some reason, the farm wasn't very physical so not sure why but I'm keeping an eye on it. Have a wonderful Sunday gang!
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 466 Member
    Username: laurelfit57
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 138
    CW: 139.6
    Goal Wieght 135-140

Happy to be in my goal range. It was an absolutely delightful wedding. I will have company starting until Friday or Saturday, doing tons of touristy things, then I will get back on track:).
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @happysquidmuffin @TeresaW1020 @bgame4 You guys rocked it, congrats on making it onto the leaderboard! Woot woot!

@shaunarlr83 That sounds like quite the last-minute adventure! You did figure it out, yay! It does sound like heavy work to get everything ready, what a workout! Being able to pull, carry, sling, and throw those chains is a great goal to have. Thanks for explaining it to us. I would have been wondering!

@bgame4 Congrats on the loss!

@bethanie0825 I know you know this but sometimes it has to be said: you won't lose every week. Hang in there, and stay committed to the process! It will come!

@Katmary71 LOL yeah I was anticipating a nice relaxing massage where I might actually fall asleep but NOOOOOO that's not what I got lol. Yes, you know exactly what I mean! I'm glad you got that new walker. Did you get anything interesting at the farmer's market? I'm thinking of going to one of ours today.

@laurelfit57 Yay for being in your range! I'm glad you had fun at the wedding. Enjoy your company!

Hi all. We had a great time yesterday. We got home at 12:30 which was way past my bedtime. I made my dog a pearl necklace yesterday because she is such a little lady lol. I will share a pic here.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"

9kbgaim14l3w.jpg
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    Steps 👟👟

Monday 8th - 10,421
    Tuesday 9th - 6,777
    Wednesday 10th - 10,099
    Thursday 11th - 8,218
    Friday 12th - 8,513
    Saturday 13th - 5,465

I haven’t been putting as much effort into my steps goal as I would like! This week I’m ramping it up a notch!!! 😉

@happysquidmuffin @TeresaW1020 @bgame4 🥳🥳🥳 Yay!!! You guys did great!!!

I’ve tried to add several of you as friends but since the last app update my add friend button is missing!? Add me if you would like or maybe tell me where that option disappeared too!!! 😂
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,045 Member
    Sorry for posting late
    19shmoo69
    Week3
    P. W. 281
    C. W. 281
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 994 Member
    @trooworld - OMG! love the necklace!

I'm rested up and looking forward to a better week at work. Not sure it will happen, but going in expecting that it will.

Happy Monday Slims!

Lisa
  • trooworld
    @shaunarlr83 I don't use the app but I tried to "friend" you using the website and I can't figure out how to do it. It used to be you could friend someone using their username via your profile but that seems to have disappeared. :(

@Cornanda Thank you! LOL You have a better attitude about your work week than I do this morning lol. I am NOT looking forward to the week and don't want to go to work! :(

Hi all. I had a great weekend. Now, it's back to the work week and working on my goals. My goal for exercise this week is to exercise in some form 2 days this week.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 466 Member
    I am able to slip in a quick spin class this morning (my company is having a quiet morning). Standing in line quickly trying to catchup.

DAISY IS TOO CUTE in her necklace!!!

I didn’t track all weekend, getting back on track this morning.

Just busy really enjoying family, but I must say it is nice to be at the gym, it seems VERY quiet😆
  • Divya365
    Divya365 Posts: 70 Member
    edited August 2022
    @trooworld Thank you, I'm fine now. "The devil I know" comment made me laugh. I hope you get to know who will replace your manager this week. Your dog is so cute. The pearl necklace looks good on her.

@TeresaW1020 OMG I'm sorry to hear that. It must have been painful. By the way great loss this week. Congrats on being on the leaderboard !!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Thanks, Jennifer. I was really glad that my baby was nowhere near me when the accident happened. Thanks for sharing the chickpea taco recipes. I love chickpea and will definitely try that.

@Cornanda Thanks Lisa, It healed up pretty good. Happy Monday to you too. A new project in a new job is quite a challenge, Hope it gets better for you this week.

@GabiV125 Nice Loss !!

@Katmary71 Yes, It hurt quite a bit. I had to take 3-4 Tylenol tablets a day to help with the pain. It's all healed up now just working on fading the scar. Hope you were able to get good sleep. My father-in-law is diabetic and sometimes deals with hypoglycemia, we keep some cookies/ fruits near his bed so that he can snack on them whenever his blood sugar levels are low.

@happysquidmuffin Greal loss and Congratulations on being on the leaderboard !!

@leti126 Wow those step counts are amazing !! Hope you had a nice time at the birthday party :)

@leonadixon That's a nice loss !! Glad to know that your surgery went well and it's healing well.

@shaunarlr83 Yes, the blisters were scary. Looking at the blisters I was worried that it would leave a bad scar but it's not that bad some of it has already faded. Sorry to hear about your friend. I'm glad you could find a way to be there for both of them How nice that you could spend time with your husband and explore new places. Thanks for explaining. It's awesome that you can throw those chains across the trailer. That's definitely a good workout.

@bgame4 Greal loss and Congratulations on being on the leaderboard !!

Happy Monday Everyone.

The weekend had been fun with family and friends. I walked a bit last week but didn't reach my 10K goal. This week I'm hoping to increase my step count. I'm planning to go for a walk after dropping our son off at school. I have a sendoff party this week for one of my colleagues, hopefully, I don't overindulge. I intend to log in my calories, so I can get back on track.
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    Thanks to those who requested me I figured out the issue! In the last update my page went into dark mode and it over shadows the friend icon 😂 it’s still right where it always went as just have to look really hard to see it!!! When I went in to accept I could barely see the check mark yo accept so that’s what made me realize I need to go back and look for the add friend symbols! 🤦🏻‍♀️ So I’ll be adding y’all, just deny the request if you don’t have any new friends!!! 🙋🏻‍♀️
  • cybernurse251
    cybernurse251 Posts: 159 Member
    edited August 2022
    Cybernurse
    Weigh in Monday
    Hw 270
    Pw 251.6
    Cw 248.4 (-3.2) lbs
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Oh my goodness! Can't share this anywhere else because it's too early for the entire world to know, but my son just sent me this picture! Woot Woot! My first!
    k7wcdpavpnfp.jpg

Congratulations!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,476 Member
    @Happysquidmuffin @TeresaW1020 @bgame4 way to go gang!

@laurelfit57 Congratulations on reaching and staying in your goal range! Enjoy your company!

@trooworld Daisy looks like a perfect lady, love it!

@shaunarlr83 I said this in the friend request message but I'm on my laptop and clicked on your name then on your profile and there's the option to add for those that are interested, I have trouble adding people too so I'm glad I figured it out!

@Divya365 You got this with the step goal this week!

@happysquidmuffin Congratulations on staying under your calories at your parent's house, that isn't easy! It's always a little amazing compared to how things used to be when you manage to do it, I used to go hog wild when I was at people's houses so I know it's a hard mindset to break.

Hi team, happy Monday! Did my workout and some shopping then stuff around the house. Not much else going on, finished The Golden Couple earlier, was entertaining but a little far-fetched in trying to surprise the reader. Did vegetarian Monday today but didn't do anything too exciting, just a scramble for dinner and a tostada and protein drink and Greek pasta salad for lunch and snack. I'll have to plan better next time but had just defrosted 2lbs of turkey so I didn't want to make anything that would take a few days to finish up. Have a great Tuesday!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 994 Member
    @happysquidmuffin - that was a wonderful cheering for you and cheering you up message. Brightened my day.
  • trooworld
    @laurelfit57 I hope you enjoyed the spin class. Thank you about Daisy! :D

@Divya365 I'm glad you are okay now. LOL thank you. They haven't posted the position yet and it will likely take months to find out who will eventually take the position, our company moves really slowly. Thanks about Daisy! Good luck with increasing your steps, that's a good plan to walk after dropping your son off.

@shaunarlr83 I'm glad you figured it out. I still can't figure out how to friend you, maybe we are already friends?

@cybernurse251 Congrats on the loss!

@happysquidmuffin I would totally eat that breakfast lol. Congrats on the NSV! What great actions that led to great results.

@Katmary71 Thank you! That Greek pasta salad....yummmmm!

Hi all. There's still a heatwave here in Southern California, probably like most of the US. It's really hard to do anything in this heat. I'm lucky that my DH cooked a bit yesterday. Have a great day!

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @shaunarlr83 How awesome that you get to join your husband on his hauls and good for you for getting your strength back with those heavy chains. You’re a bada**! :grin: Ohhh and I added you as a friend. ;)

@trooworld Ohhh Daisy is so cute with her pearls! <3

@Cornanda Hoping you have a wonderful week and that the stress is minimal. :)

Good morning Team! The dog dragged in a dead leaf from the yard. You know what that means right? Fall is coming!! I even bought some Pumpkin Spice-flavored coffee at the store to celebrate. :D Tonight is my TOPS meeting and I’m crossing my fingers for a good loss this week since last week’s loss was barely a loss at all. That barre program I started last week on Beachbody keeps freezing up and I can’t figure out what is up. So, this morning I’m returning to an oldy but goody and doing 80 Day Obsession. The program is amazing but the workouts are almost an hour long, which means I’m going to have to figure out how to make it fit into my life. Fingers crossed!! :)
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,113 Member
    edited August 2022
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday
    PW: 193.4
    CW: 192.4

Woot Woot! I'll take it!
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,113 Member
    @Katmary71 – Yes, I’d ace Meatless Mondays hahaha! Was your scramble tofu or egg? I had leftover potato salad for lunch and my Angel Hair Fettucine for dinner. I saw your post on my timeline about The Black Phone just today. I need to figure out how to get notifications. Sorry about that! Yes, I saw it at the theater on opening day. Loved it! Not what I was expecting. I'd call it more crime thriller with a spot of supernatural. I'd love a prequel showing The Grabber's life leading up to those events.
    @leonadixon – So glad to hear you’re feeling better and healing! You’ll be sprinting around in no time!
    @shaunarlr83 – That’s hilarious how close your siblings live to your mom. Hope her surgery goes well and that you maintain your sanity. Sounds like a whirlwind few days last week! And my arms are aching just thinking about those chains! I’d love to hear more about your trucking adventures!
    @trooworld – Pearls! Hahahahahahahaha Daisy is ridiculously adorable!
    After work on Thursday, Hunter and I picked up groceries and instead of picking up pizza (the place raised the price on us and it was $34 for one pizza...not including the tip), we picked up vegan Italian sausages and fries from another local joint. That only set me back $24. Prices of plant based options around here are getting out of hand. Just another reason to get back to cooking my own meals. Rant over. So we settled in for the night with Anaconda and Anacondas (fun schlock). The next morning we played mini-golf (I won by 2 strokes) and then made the potato quesadillas. They were delicious once we figured out the right spices to add and the timing with the air fryer. She went home later that afternoon and I spent the evening rubber-stamping…so those of you that requested cards should be getting one soon (mailed them yesterday).
    Had a potluck at church and it’s so fun having another vegan family that started attending recently. Hunter made potato salad, I made chickpea avocado salad, and the other family brought taters, gravy and plant based “meat” balls, macaroni salad and peanut butter cookies. Yum! I kept it under control, tho, and had just a spoonful of each thing. Pretty proud of myself, actually. So not typical of me, but hopefully that will become my "norm".
    This evening is my stamping club that I run (down to just 3 ladies, but it’s still fun). So another busy day…I’ll go to that right after work and won’t get home until around 9-ish. I’m always hoping to check in here more often, but the days are going by so fast!
    Time for a cup of tea!
    2022 Mantra: NO ZERO DAYS!

This discussion has been closed.