Username ashleycarole86
    Thursday weigh-in

CW 166.8
    PW 167.4
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,260 Member
    Options
    @conleywoods

OMG girl!! Can I crawl through the screen for that cake? Amazing.. so beautiful. Daughter in-law of the year!!

Love to hear that good planning paid off. Your meal sounded so tasty too

I second this ☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻That cake is amazing and you are the best DIL ever!

Amazing losses. So happy for all of you seeing that green. I have gotten in more exercise this week, but the scale is NOT my friend.

Reading the comments about completion, the first thing that came to mind for me was the mantra of my Pilates group—Grace over Guilt. I agree so much with Liselyn, everyone has to find what works (or doesn’t) for them where they are. Sometimes I think I give myself too much grace and no guilt. But I am going to acknowledge that although my weight loss has been nonexistent, (more like gain), the grace I’m giving myself comes from the fact that the first 6 months of this year I packed up a house, moved 500 miles away, started a new life living with my daughters family and had Covid. This is where I am. I’m about to start a new(old) job after 5 years “off”. I will take care of myself and do what I can each day. I will not beat myself up. I have had a very busy year.

@jugar Keep strong 💪🏼 and chase those dang groundhogs. My barricade seems to have, at least, discouraged them from eating everything in my garden.

Gotta go take Juliet to see some Monarch caterpillars in my girlfriend’s garden. She is an official weigh station and currently has 17 caterpillars on her milkweed. 🐛
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    YAY, I finished the Metabolic Plan and after a lot of great comments and provoking thoughts about the starting and not finishing, I realised it's because I really enjoyed it. It was low impact, got my heart rate up and didn't jam my knees up.

I also noticed that team members who have steady results appear to be a lot more active than me so I've made an effort to up my game. I am not comparing myself to others, I am pinching all the good ideas and habits to help my own success o:)

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
    Options
    Pinching the good ideas is how it works! Congrats on finishing the program @LoraineGB - I notice that your habit tracker is looking really really green too! Do you have a next exercise program lined up that fits your enjoyment factors? That sure helps.
  • LoraineGB
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Pinching the good ideas is how it works! Congrats on finishing the program @LoraineGB - I notice that your habit tracker is looking really really green too! Do you have a next exercise program lined up that fits your enjoyment factors? That sure helps.

Yes I do, I have another Body Project workout which is a 5 day, Knee Friendly one but I may take a rest day tomorrow and start it Saturday. After that, I’m not sure yet.

I chose habits for my tracker that would give me the most change juice. I was sloppy with tracking, drank only about 16oz of water a day and didn’t do any intentional exercise so I’m happy to report that I’m on track for a really good first month.

• jugar
    Options
    Update time :smiley:

@kali225 is going to have a wild weekend after last wild weekend, moving, and losing 1.4 lbs! Wishing you well :heart: And cake!

We are still missing a few people, and then there are the Friday folks -

@jan110144
    @christhiann
    @MoonlitMuse
    @AshenMoon
    @PlaneMonkey
    @bowens1973
    @EvMakesChanges
    @conleywoods
    @micki48
    @ells_bellz
    @LoraineGB
    @dillyg08
    @bobagurl2017
    @CupcakeCrusoe

Thanks!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,135 Member
    Options
    GUYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

The hot air balloon ride is going ahead! We are scheduled for the morning and the conditions are right!
    We have to meet at 5:45 in Calgary and we are picking up our friend who is joining us on the way so it's going to be an EARLY morning.

Which means I need to get to bed!

After that, we are going out to Canmore and biking the Legacy Trail! It's been a busy summer but I know Brad appreciates any extra time we can make on the bike as he does his final prep for his second Gran Fondo!

If we can make it in time, we'll then drive to the lake tomorrow night. Otherwise, we'll go up Saturday morning. In any event, it'll be a busy one!

8/17 exercise: 9755 steps (I hate when I miss goal by so little!! I didn't even realize I was short until I typed this up.. BOO! LOL)

Congrats on finishing that program @LoraineGB
    Your share sparked a lot of great convo!

Hope everyone enjoys their Friday!
  • bowens1973
    bowens1973 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Username: Bowens1973
    PW: 181.0
    CW: 181.6
    Gain: 0.6
    My apologies for the late post Jugar. Everytime I was about to post I got pulled away by something. Won't happen again!
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 @bowens1973 finally! Enjoy your balloon ride, I hope it's wonderful.
  • CarolAnnM2
    CarolAnnM2 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 I can’t wait to hear how you liked the hot air balloon ride!3cltoaaas8ku.jpeg
  • jugar
    Options
    Tcathey45 wrote: »
    Hi Ladies
    Thank you for your thoughts. My sister passed away Friday 8/12. 💔😔 Still processing everything- still in disbelief. I hope to be back on this journey soon. But again that you for all your thoughts and well wishes.

I am so sorry to hear this - my heart goes out to you. Siblings are so much a part of us - take all the time you need. :heart:
  • kellie_erin
    kellie_erin Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 I saw a hot air balloon on my drive to work this morning and wondered if you and Brad were in it. It was very cool to see, it's been such a long time since I've seen a hot air balloon!
  • kellie_erin
    kellie_erin Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    @Tcathey45 I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what you're going through. ❤️
  • LoraineGB
    Options
    Tcathey45 wrote: »
    Hi Ladies
    Thank you for your thoughts. My sister passed away Friday 8/12. 💔😔 Still processing everything- still in disbelief. I hope to be back on this journey soon. But again that you for all your thoughts and well wishes.

So sorry you and your family are going through this.

Wishing you peace to bring comfort, courage to face the days ahead and loving memories to forever hold in your heart. Not my words, but my sentiments, I cannot imagine losing a sister xxx
  • LoraineGB
    Options
    LoraineGB
This discussion has been closed.