CasandraW Posts: 524 Member
    CasandraW
    Saturday weigh in
    PW 231.2
    CW 232.4
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,075 Member
    edited August 2022
    Beautiful pictures @ac204 ... how peaceful! I just want to curl up with a book right there next to the lake!

@Nataliewr0403 Please make sure you report in before 10am to include in the stats as tomorrow starts the new week. Unfortunately, that's one of the bad things about having your weigh day on Saturdays, you don't really have any cushion...Thanks for letting me know! I left a note for the MODS to let them know as well...

Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    The August Week 5 Group Challenge has been posted and is ready to begin tomorrow, Sunday, Aug 28th. Please join us for a chance to Ladder Up and build momentum throughout the week with whatever activity you choose! Bring a friend or two and I hope to see you as you post your experiences throughout the week. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10872521/august-week-5-group-challenge-ladder-up#latest

Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Yukie_OP wrote: »
    Yukie_OP Saturday weigh-in
    PW: 134.2
    CW: 132.2

Nice loss this week @Yukie_OP ! Great job!
    Jessica
  • KHill875
    KHill875 Posts: 156 Member
    KHill875
    Friday weigh in
    PW: 145.3
    CW: 145.1
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,260 Member
    Please mark me as no weigh in this week going on vacation to Vegas with hubby - chemo Dr gave the A OK
  • jessicakrall8
    Please mark me as no weigh in this week going on vacation to Vegas with hubby - chemo Dr gave the A OK

@LaurieWrobo I've notified the MODS to mark you as EXC for this week. Enjoy the time away with hubby! If you hit it big, remember the little people, ok?! :blush:
    Jessica
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,542 Member
    @jessicakrall8
    Little owls do have a bit of a bitchy resting face, but I still think they are cute! Your kitchen is taking a looong time to complete. Must be getting a little annoying not being to able to do your normal stuff. I hope the result will be worth the wait!
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,542 Member
    Steps Aug 27: 23.667
    Good morning Shape Shifters. I had another high step day which is nice. I went to the store for some groceries for my moms visit. Went to another store for some glue for my sandals. The soles are 2 layers and they were coming apart. I always have that problem with my hiking sandals which is really annoying. But with the glue, they should last for a while longer. I also found a really pretty outdoor vest for 70% off. I went with my normal size, didn't try it on until I got home, and it seems made for women without hips. Which is not me. It fits well everywhere, except at the bottom. I couldn't even get the zipper to close! No stretch at the bottom band at all either, so that is a bit of a bummer. I will hang onto it because I really like it and it was cheap. Hopefully I can wear it in a few months. I had to go back to the grocery store because I forgot something, despite having a list and the item being on the list as well. Brain sometimes doesn't pay attention I guess. I cleaned the rest of the house and did some more laundry so everything looks nice. Also put a cat tree in storage to have some more open space in the living room. It is 4,5 years old and looking a little rough. I already bought a replacement a while ago, but after I moved the old tree, Tinus suddenly sat on it all the time, so I didn't want to remove it. But he still has like 5 trees downstairs, so I think he will be fine. :D
    Happy Sunday everyone <3
  • kateineu
    kateineu Posts: 15 Member
    Kateineu
    Saturdays
    PW 177 lbs
    CW 176 lbs
  • nancyinmo
    nancyinmo Posts: 146 Member
    @jessicakrall8 Thanks for the sweet words of encouragement! I honestly can’t tell you what’s different this time on my weight loss journey, but I think I just reached a point when I decided I’m done being at the weight I am. The past year was hard, because I had a terrible reaction to the Statins I was taking. They ripped my muscles apart, and I was walking with a cane and pretty sedate for an entire year! It took an entire year to figure out what was “wrong”, but now I’m off the Statins and on the mend. Needless to say, weight gain happened during that year. I do at least 60 minutes of water aerobics every day (I move like J-Lo in that pool lol). I used to be a Jazzercise junkie before my injuries, and I hope to be able to return to it next month! I’m eating fewer processed foods, and really trying to be mindful of when I’m really hungry and when I’m just bored. Thanks again for the kind words — it really meant a lot!! nancyinmo
  • Nataliewr0403
    Nataliewr0403 Posts: 71 Member
    Nataliewr0403
    Saturday
    PW. 135.6
    CW. 137.8
    As expected after a carefree vacation.
    Well, Time to buckle down for the next 2 weeks. I have another trip coming up.

Steps
    8/27. 7415

• frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,146 Member
    2ga57o9l0nb9.png

I think I have a picture of one of these guys on one of my favorite t-shirts! 😂
    jgkewgw9xab0.png
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,146 Member
    Daily Step goal: 10,000
    Fri 8/26: 14,237
    Sat 8/27: 8,287
  • Walela617
    Walela617 Posts: 379 Member
    edited August 2022
    Good morning everyone! Happy Sunday!

Hi Jess @jessicakrall8,

So exciting - your brand-new kitchen is almost done! I hope you will post some pictures! :smile:

My final weigh-in for August will be on Wednesday, August 31st, since we start a brand-new month in September! (Is that the official start date for the next challenge?)

I'm excited too, because September always feels like a "fresh start" for me. Not only that, the "Path to Lifestyle Change" program I just joined is supposed to start on that day as well. https://massgeneral.org/endocrinology/diabetes/news/path-to-lifestyle-change It will help me because the group will be having conference calls every Thursday at 6:30pm for an hour (for the first six months) with a Clinical Dietitian/Nutritionist who is also a nurse! This program runs for two years and costs $5,000, but because I am an employee of Mass General Brigham and I'm covered by their insurance, I only pay ONE, $30 co-pay (for the initial, 75-minute consultation, which was very helpful)!

The program for people who may be at risk for developing Diabetes 2. Participants will also be contributing to research on how the onset of diabetes can be successfully delayed or even prevented altogether! My risk factors are due to age, weight, family history, lack of regular activity (and I forget the other one right now). I have both Type 1 and 2 in my family on both sides. This program is also supposed to minimize the risk of developing heart disease as well. (My mom passed away from congestive heart failure at age 57.) The focus is on prevention, rather than treatment. Since I'm practically phobic about prescriptions, I'm hoping this will help me continue to stay prescription-free as I continue to age, although I realize this might not be possible. (I'm sure gonna try though!)

I plan to restart my MFP weigh-ins beginning 09/01/2022. We are required to show a photo of our feet on the scale showing our current weight each Thursday morning. Tough to cheat here, because my feet are so "gnarly" it would be impossible to find a stand-in, LOL! (Besides, I don't want to cheat myself!)

We also have to generate MFP reports to show our food diaries and activity; so that's really being accountable. I think I'm definitely going to get to goal this time, early in 2023!

Have a pleasant and peaceful Sunday!
    9pn99mncns5q.jpg

• izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 905 Member
    Izzyred9400
    PW 136.6
    CW 134.8
    Steps
    8/24 10,495
    8/25 23,158
    8/26 10,363

Nice loss this week Izzy! Great job!! Missing your steps for the 23rd. I went back and it was skipped. Let me know. Thanks!
    Jess

8/23 17,095
    Thanks Jessica,I'm loving my new scales,they must be magical lol
  • jessicakrall8
    Pupowl wrote: »
    @jessicakrall8
    Little owls do have a bit of a bitchy resting face, but I still think they are cute! Your kitchen is taking a looong time to complete. Must be getting a little annoying not being to able to do your normal stuff. I hope the result will be worth the wait!

@pupowl I agree with you, they ARE cute...I think the look is more wisdom-related, kinda above-it-all! LOL I like that commercials are starting to use them more too...you see them all the time in movies and tv now...they're kinda mysterious too...

Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    edited August 2022
    Walela617 wrote: »
    Good morning everyone! Happy Sunday!

My final weigh-in for August will be on Wednesday, August 31st, since we start a brand-new month in September! (Is that the official start date for the next challenge?)

@walela617 We always start our weeks on Sunday, so Sept stats begin on Sun, Sep 4th, as this upcoming week is week 5 for Aug stats. It just works out evenly for you because Wed is your weigh day. Good luck on the new program you're starting...can't wait to hear reports of it and your progress...it sounds very interesting!

I will certainly post a few pics once my kitchen is done. I've been taking pics each day so I'll show the progress. Will likely be a few more weeks as we still have appliances to install, painting to do, lighting to do, a few follow ups with the electrician and plumber and then inspections...it's about 2/3 done at this point and is starting to look like a kitchen again! LOL Thanks for asking!

Jessica

• ewilhelm2487
    ewilhelm2487 Posts: 177 Member
    For some reason it didn't post yesterday, but here's my weigh in.

Ewilhelm2487
    PW:242.2
    Cw:242.1
This discussion has been closed.