Downsizers Team Chat - SEPTEMBER 2022

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,483 Member
    3tchroo247p0.jpeg

Please welcome @fatfifties as our team motivator. She has been motivating us since she joined the team.
    Lis has a lose 21 pounds by Christmas challenge started. Ask her if you have questions or would like to join.
  • IP2021
    IP2021 Posts: 85 Member
    Hi everyone,

Wow, I can't believe we're already in September.

My name is Irene, 45 years old. I'm originally from the Netherlands, but I've lived in Denmark since 2012.

I've lost a great deal of weight before using weightwatchers, via a dietitian, and this group (back in 2018). Then life happened. Stress from a bad work situation and then starting a new job, which I love, but which was also stressful in the beginning with a lot of new things.

At the end of June, I decided it was time to prioritize myself again, so I joined this group again B)

My main triggers are stress and boredom and I'm still working on getting that under control.

I enjoy walking outside, but I do have a treadmill for those cold rainy days and a weight lifting machine at home. I look forward to some colder weather, as it's been way too hot to use the treadmill at home.

In November my sister and I are going to Malta to surprise our mom for her 70th birthday, so I've set a goal for myself to lose 21 pounds by November 24th. I realize it's an optimistic goal, but we'll see what happens.

My goal for September is to lose at least 7 pounds.
  • IP2021
    IP2021 Posts: 85 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

My steps for last week

28/8 8069
    29/8 3631
    30/8 4917
    31/8 6126
    1/9 2313
    2/9 4027
    3/9 5404

Not a very good week in terms of steps, but I was too tired to go for a walk after work this week (is been a crazy week at work) and it was way too hot in the house to use the treadmill. Hopefully it cools down soon.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,029 Member
    CONGRATS DOWNSIZERS FOR BEING ABSOLUTELY ON FIRE WITH OUR WEIGH INS .... Congrats to everyone who came in 1st 2nd and 3rd with percentages and pounds ... Congrats to JaysFan82 and myself for being in green all 5 weeks :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    @fatfifties.... Thanks for stepping up and being a motivator for our marvelous group ...Greatly appreciate it :)
  • 28Haveitall2020
    28Haveitall2020 Posts: 229 Member

Hello all.

Happy Sunday.

28HAVEITALL
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    CW: 242.4

Thank you.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,402 Member
    cormierannie
    Weigh in day Sunday
    PW: 142 pounds
    CW: 141 pounds
  • lindamtuck2018
    Congratulations Downsizers for killing it in August!

A big round of applause for our top weight losers for week 5 and the month:

@red1185
    @rwillems
    @888Angie888
    @NanElisaP
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    @JaysFan82
  • laura9400
    laura9400 Posts: 418 Member
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

8/28 - 4,009
    8/29 - 5,192
    8/30 - 8,908
    8/31 - 7,003
    9/1 - 6,718
    9/2- 4,132
    9/3 - 5,652
  • Megan_smartiepants1970

@red1185
    @rwillems
    @888Angie888
    @NanElisaP
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    @JaysFan82

Thanks Linda :)
  • rwillems
    rwillems Posts: 204 Member
    Hi, everyone!. Happy Sunday.

User: rwillems
    Weigh-in day: Sunday
    PW: 279.6 lbs
    CW: 281.0 lbs. (Up 1.4 lbs. 😣)

I seen to be stuck on a roller coaster! I need to get off this ride.
  • rwillems
    rwillems Posts: 204 Member

@red1185
    @rwillems
    @888Angie888
    @NanElisaP
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    @JaysFan82

Thanks Linda --- Hope we can repeat again in September!
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 852 Member
    Thank you! Let's do this again!
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Good evening everybody. How are you handling the heat?
    Check in:
    Steps - 8099 plus 20 minutes bike moderate intensity.
    Calories - 2400. Right on target for a change.
    Exercise - gym In the morning. 9 machines and 20 minutes bike. Several machines down and lines at the others I wanted. Walk/stroll at sunset with daughter. 30 minutes.

Welcome to the new motivator. Congrats to the team leaders for the weight loss.
  • @megan-smartiepants1970
    My steps-
    Mon 29th August- 4,027
    Tues-10,201
    Weds-11,246
    Thurs-11,449
    Fri-11,774
    Sat-9,502
    Sun-8,259
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 765 Member
    Fatfifties Monday weigh in

Pw 208.2
    Cw 208
    Loss .2

Loss to date: 68lb

I lost in the week and have gone back up :( not getting disheartened as I know its water weight! Back travelling in my motorhome now, going to walk that weight off!
  • Slimmersixties

@red1185
    @rwillems
    @888Angie888
    @NanElisaP
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    @JaysFan82

Congratulations to our biggest losers and everyone in this group! Motivation is already so high I don't think I have much work to do as the new team motivator! Anyone stalling or needing some extra support is welcome to message me direct! Roll on the cooler weather, let's get losing
  • jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 308 Member
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Monday (Sep 5, 2022)
    PW: 229.8
    CW: 229.9
    SW: 240

Whew!!! I wasn't sure if I was going to squeak in under the 230 mark but it looks like all of the exercise and restraint paid off. Friday night was drinking and appetizers at a friends house for the Indiana - Illinois football and Cardinals baseball games. On Saturday it was The Ohio State - Notre Dame football and Cardinals baseball games at a local sports bar (with more drinking and bar food - I did choose a salad (but only after splitting nachos with my wife). Sunday was the big dinner at Ruth's Chris Steak House for my parents 56th anniversary. Had I not put in the extra exercise this week, I'm sure I would have busted the 230 level which I crossed over only 1 of the last 7 days. It's going to take a while but staying in 220's puts me back to where I was in June - now I just need to keep it going - and maybe be a little less sociable with all the Fall sports get togethers.
  • Slimmersixties
    edited September 2022
    21lb by Christmas Challenge - latest results

• lindamtuck2018
    edited September 2022

Hello all.

Happy Sunday.

28HAVEITALL
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    CW: 242.4

Thank you.

Nice loss!

cormierannie
    Weigh in day Sunday
    PW: 142 pounds
    CW: 141 pounds

Dancing off those pounds! You are getting close to a new decade.

rwillems wrote: »
    Hi, everyone!. Happy Sunday.

User: rwillems
    Weigh-in day: Sunday
    PW: 279.6 lbs
    CW: 281.0 lbs. (Up 1.4 lbs. 😣)

I seen to be stuck on a roller coaster! I need to get off this ride.
    Weight loss is never a straight line. The downward trend is important. Yours is definitely going down with almost 14 pounds lost in August.

rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening everybody. How are you handling the heat?
    Check in:
    Steps - 8099 plus 20 minutes bike moderate intensity.
    Calories - 2400. Right on target for a change.
    Exercise - gym In the morning. 9 machines and 20 minutes bike. Several machines down and lines at the others I wanted. Walk/stroll at sunset with daughter. 30 minutes.

Welcome to the new motivator. Congrats to the team leaders for the weight loss.

Nice exercise day. Hope the heat breaks for you soon. I have the air conditioning off finally but will have to turn it back on this afternoon. Hopefully we see some nice fall weather soon.
    fatfifties wrote: »
    Fatfifties Monday weigh in

Pw 208.2
    Cw 208
    Loss .2

Loss to date: 68lb

I lost in the week and have gone back up :( not getting disheartened as I know its water weight! Back travelling in my motorhome now, going to walk that weight off!

It’s .2 pound closer to your 21 pounds by Christmas. Enjoy your travels in your motor home.

jimboden3 wrote: »
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Monday (Sep 5, 2022)
    PW: 229.8
    CW: 229.9
    SW: 240

Whew!!! I wasn't sure if I was going to squeak in under the 230 mark but it looks like all of the exercise and restraint paid off. Friday night was drinking and appetizers at a friends house for the Indiana - Illinois football and Cardinals baseball games. On Saturday it was The Ohio State - Notre Dame football and Cardinals baseball games at a local sports bar (with more drinking and bar food - I did choose a salad (but only after splitting nachos with my wife). Sunday was the big dinner at Ruth's Chris Steak House for my parents 56th anniversary. Had I not put in the extra exercise this week, I'm sure I would have busted the 230 level which I crossed over only 1 of the last 7 days. It's going to take a while but staying in 220's puts me back to where I was in June - now I just need to keep it going - and maybe be a little less sociable with all the Fall sports get togethers.

With all that celebrating you did well. Happy Anniversary to your parents!
This discussion has been closed.