Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - SEPTEMBER 2022

Replies

• shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    Whoooooo my week got away from me fast!!! Tried to weigh at my moms this am and her scale is jacked…currently sitting at the hospital with her, she finally got that second knee replacement done today!!! I was checking my weight at home throughout the week and as staying pretty steady, we can go with that or I can update Wednesday when I get home…someone let me know!

Should have time tomorrow to get caught up on the chatter!!! I’ve missed y’all and being in on the convo….
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,868 Member
    @Tamevv Great job! Congrats!

@laurelfit57 I'm sorry about your back, that sucks. I'm glad you are on the mend now.

@ftofit @Jactop Congrats on the losses!

@shaunarlr83 I wish your mom a speedy recovery! I think weighing in tomorrow when you get home would be fine. Safe travels.

Hi all. I am proud of myself for going for a quick walk after work yesterday. It was hot but I still went. I'm going to try to go for two walks at work today.

FALL CHALLENGE CHECK-IN: I drank enough water. I did a few minutes of deep breathing exercises in the morning.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    happysquidmuffin
    Weigh in: Tuesday
    PW: 139.5
    CW: 140.5

Steps:
    9/06: 12,086
    9/07: 7,498
    9/08: 13,812
    9/09: 11,137
    9/10: 12,709
    9/11: 6,981
    9/12: 6,333

My 3 goals thru 9/22:
    1. 11K+ steps/day weekly avg (10K avg)
    2. Close exercise ring 5 days/week (5/5) ✔️
    3. Track water 9 cups/day (7-9)

Sunday & Monday just sucked as far as exercise and eating goes. But today is a new day, and I ran 2.5 miles this morning. I am going to be a supermom bad*kitten* today and be awesome at life! I am not going to give up on my goals and will see 136 on the scale before the end of the month! Or I will earn the title of cotton-headed ninny-muggins!
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,126 Member
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday 9/11
    PW: 191.8
    CW: 191.8
    Holding steady...
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    PW 8/26/2022: 217.7

Check in weight (9/5/2022): 218.5
    Check in weight (9/12/2022): 219.1
    Check in weight (9/19/2022):
    Check in weight (9/26/2022):

:neutral: UGH
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    @happysquidmuffin Hahahaha, I kinda like the idea of having a team mate called Cotton-headed Ninny-muffins!!! 😂. I have an Apple Watch too and no matter how many times I see it, there is still satisfaction at seeing those three little rings sparkle 😊.
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 515 Member
    User: FushiaKat
    Weigh In Day: Tuesday
    PW: 149.0
    CW: 148.5

Hello Peeps. I'm loving the new computer. The blood pressure medication that I'm taking for esophageal spasms is starting to work really well, so much easier to eat now. I'm getting an abdominal CT Scan on Thursday, I might have a hernia above my belly button. I didn't notice it when I was bigger so no telling how long its been there but it can't be longer than 3 years because it was not there when they did the Umbilical Hernia repair. I'm wondering if I hurt myself when I had the Stomach Flu, it was so bad I went to the hospital because I could not stop throwing up and I had the worst stomach pain. It took a year to get fully over the stomach flu.
    There was a huge fire in the next city over from ours, it was terrible, ash was raining down and making it hard to breathe. My car just got washed two days before and now its a mess again.
    I'm still on track to hopefully reach goal weight by the end of the year. I have not been as strict in weighing my food if it's .2 ounces I go ahead and eat it. But not over my calorie budget. I added radishes to my salad's now, a super low calorie food.
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    edited September 2022
    @trooworld - I told you I can’t make plans. Thought I would be home all week and most of the month for my moms surgery and my drs appt on the 20th, my appt was moved to the 7th so that’s taken care of and I ended up running to Iowa with the hubs really fast on Saturday, was back at my moms by 10 Sunday night. Now I’m sure we will more than likely head back out before the end of the week and I didn’t get anything done at home! 😂 I’m glad you got to save some money for the time being. So sorry you tripped and got hurt and that’s some bummer news from the doctors visit! ☹️ I’m glad the scale is moving for you!!!

@19shmoo69 - sorry your having it rough, I’m a eat a cheat meal and it turns into cheat days or weeks person also. I really have to look ahead to something I’m wanting to do and see myself doing it at smaller size, then I can mentally set my mind to making goals and keep pushing. My birthday and Anniversary are usually great goal dates, may and October! I set smaller dials along the way. Do you have a good scale!? I make sure mine is clean and the area under it clean everytime before I step on it, once there was a tiny gravel piece under one peg and it threw might weight way off 😂😂😂 I was also once told to keep it in the same place so I’m pretty good at that at home but not when I have to travel. I was asking bc my moms weight is all over the place and she has huge gains and losses, I tried her scale and it was way off from my own so I think she has a crappy scale. Mine is always pretty consistent. 🤷🏻‍♀️

@Katmary71 - I have not watched Cobra Kai yet but I was surprised to see how many seasons it has now so I might have to jump in. I begged my doctor for my hysterectomy!! I had so many procedures I was just done with it all!!! I feel for ya!!! Hope it helps or you get it taken care of and you start feeling better soon!

@barbylucedistelle - I’m sorry I’m missed wishing you a Happy Birthday!!! My Birthday is always a splurge day, I hope you at least enjoy the day! The hotel spa sounds so amazing! Sorry that you feel so bad, you are right you haven’t lost it all. Also happy late birthday this week to @askewcr!!!

@bethanie0825 - I’ve always thought that would the most interesting job but it seems super hard! Kudos for working so hard at two places to be debt free!

@happysquidmuffin - that’s exactly the way I am….especially when I was doing keto if I went a little over my carbs I just made it a carb load day which usually turned into at least 3 days. 😑😒😣 At least you got out and ran!!! Reading everything you ate made me so hungry for all of it 😂😂😂 Great job starting today off strong!!! You’ve got this!!

@leti126 - I was hoping someone had a good answer for you, and I like all of the suggestions…I needed to hear it too! I try to get in more protein and all I can think is my trail mix but it’s so not low in calories! I’ve been addicted to red apples with Almond Butter and cinnamon sprinkled here lately now that I don’t count carbs anymore but still gets high in calories just like the nuts! I’m the same as Kathy, I usually eat my protein in meals, sometimes in a protein shake but snacks are a hard area. I got very burned out on protein bars early on when I tried keto so I just don’t waste my money anymore. Let me know if you find something else good!!!

@tamevv - I sometimes eat back my calories. I usually only do it as an excuse lol like I can eat more I burned quite a bit today!!! 🤦🏽‍♀️ Fortunately for me though I’m not as hungry on really active days! 3 days a week sounds like the perfect balance! Glad this week is going better for you!!

@megnolia82 - congrats on first and logging another loss this week is awesome!!! Keep at it!

@laurelfit57 - so sorry you’ve been dealing with that back injury and not getting rest. My mom doesn’t sleep hardly any at all and staying with her I understand how hard that must be. I hope you are indeed on the road to recovery!

@vegan4lyfe2012 - why was it so easy to fall so far behind so quickly this week!? 😂😂😂 I’m glad I wasn’t the only one!! I’ve been trying for two days to catch up! Happy Birthday to your son!

@FushiaKat - I’ve always thought I would be terrified to see ash falling 😩😩😩 I’m happy you’re enjoying your new computer and your meds are working!!! You’re doing so well staying on track!

Great weigh ins to all y’all who had losses!!! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 777 Member
    Ugh. I was at a training today, and one of the organizers got a photo of me that ended up on twitter. I can’t believe how big I look. I was at a point I feel pretty good leaving the house in the morning, but I honestly look horrendous in the picture. I’m mortified :( I know I have a long way to go, but it really solidifies just how far that is. :(
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    edited September 2022
    @trooworld :) I hate missing the posts so I'm making a conscious effort to make time for this group.

@Katmary71 lol I'm trying to get back to those days. I loved that when I came back that the step challenge was still active. I like competition.

@shaunarlr83 I always tell people it's the most interesting monotonous job ever. The callers change but the stories are usually similar. We do not take EMS or Fire calls at my agency, those get transferred to the larger center so it's a lot less work than I did at my first center. My trainee is doing well and I'm super pleased.

Steps
    8th - 5074
    9th - 4745
    10th - 9390
    11th - 5781
    12th - 7496

• Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    Hi everyone, I finally caved to the cravings and had a run-in with the pantry last night. It wasn’t devastating but means I’m a day behind on my usual low calorie days so might struggle to meet my 3 per week goal 😔. I’m disappointed about that, but the week is not over yet and if I can stay strong it’s doable, just means I will need to be strict on my day off when I usually allow myself to enjoy a little extra while I’m on my own in my peaceful place.

Anyway, hope everyone has a good day 👋
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 475 Member
    WEEKLY WEIGH IN CORRECTION
    Sorry, I put up old numbers. Here is the correct numbers for Sunday’s weigh in
    Username: laurelfit57
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 139.6
    CW: 143.6
    Goal Wieght 135-140
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 475 Member
    @trooworld YAY good for you walking in the heat! The month of August we had a heat wave here (most days between 90 to 100°), I don’t know how you do it!

@vegan4lyfe2012 how lovely that your son’s new wife called to ask for your advice! Sounds like you must have a good relationship with her❤️. That birthday spread looks delicious LOL!

@Fushiakat good for you for being on track to hit goal by the end of the year! The thought of starting out a new year goal is very exciting🎉

@shaunarir83 thanks so much, I am a chronic non sleeper but sometimes I can get in a good space where I can get 5.5-6 hrs/night and I am on cloud 9! Unfortunately, this is not one of those times. It will get better though, it always does eventually :-) :-)

@megnolia82 that can be so frustrating when we see pictures like that, most times is worse because it’s taken at a bad angle. Just remember how far you have come, and what an amazing job that you have done!

@Tamevv The call of the pantry… Sometimes it is very loud! You’ve got this, just stay strong to finish out your week strong :-).

I am back to basics this week, just taking everything one day at a time. Yesterday was a good day staying on track, today I stayed within my limits as well. I am trying to get back to very planned and intentional eating. I got the go ahead from my Physio yesterday to go to my barbell class today, which was very exciting! I wasn’t allowed to use any weights, just go through all the motions to see if anything hurt. I felt a little silly, but many of the exercises included doing squats or lunges, where I just did kind of baby squats and baby lunges, but it’s a start!

Feels good to be getting back on track again, which includes not only reading the posts, but actually posting. It’s amazing what a little bit of sleep can do for a person
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited September 2022
    ***This didn't post yesterday, not sure why but since I replied to everyone I wanted to post it again (or for the first time, totally confused now)

@barbylucedistelle I get feeling defeated, that was a lot of challenges in a row but it's the long-term that matters, I think this is where we've all thrown in the towel before once we feel defeated instead of brushing the dust off and getting back to it as fast as possible. It was one week, you've got this! Once you get another good day behind you it's easier too.

@trooworld That's so frustrating about the medication, did you try the company for possible discounts or Goodrx? I had a friend tell me about Good RX when I was having trouble getting Lyrica covered by my insurance and it would be $400 through CVS or with the coupon going through Costco about $30. I was surprised at the difference in that, it's pretty crazy. I want to see dog photo shoot pictures!

@Tamevv Way to go on coming in under! It's amazing how hard it can be sometimes but it always helps to have these days behind us to show us we've done it before.

@laurelfit57 I'm happy you're getting a little better sleep, it goes a long way into hurting less and staying more positive. I'm glad you can still do spin and glad you're on the way to recovery, that's great!

Hi team, happy Monday! Today was Meatless Monday, I made Pioneer Woman's Grilled Vegetable Enchiladas and my tortillas were too small and there weren't enough so I dumped everything over the top of the loaded tortillas and baked it (over half the filling was leftover) and called it deconstructed enchiladas. It was still good but looked pretty weird! Did my workout and planted all my fall veggies and did some work. Have a great Tuesday! I'm going to try to go to the farm tomorrow, I'll decide for sure in the morning.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,077 Member
    @shaunarlr83 I do have a good scale. It tells me everything, weight, BMI, body fat %, water weight, bone weight, muscle weight and I think something else but I cannot remember. I also use it in the same exact place.
This discussion has been closed.