TEAM: The Slimsons (October)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
edited November 2022 in Social Groups
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! Should you need anything, please post here and your team Captains will answer as soon as possible.
Β«134567

Replies

• gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Hello Team Slimsons and Welcome to October!!
    My name is Gloria @gjaholy33 I will be your captain for this month, which means motivating and keeping track of your weight. I am 43 yrs. old, been on this journey since 2004. It's been a long uphill battle, but I refuse to give up until I meet my long-time goal of 200lbs.

A little about me: I have always been obese since the age of 8 weighing 176lbs. Even with parents and doctors putting me on various diets as a child.

Over the past few years, I've been diagnosed with various diseases (i.e. asthma which has overlapped into COPD ergo the oxygen continuously, gastroenteritis, events & hiatal hernia, acid reflux, pulmonary hypertension, osteoarthritis, sleep apnea, high blood pressure, high cholesterol (as of JanuaryπŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯), chronic pain in the back and knees). This past 6 months I've been dealing with migraines, COPD-FLARE UPS and back spasms so have not been as active as I've like so I'll do my best; please be patient with me.
    Current Weight: 475.2lbs
    73.2lbs and 20 inches lost overall so far.

When you have God's Power as your strength acknowledge your faults, and then start making one small change at a time.
    THE IMPOSSIBLE IS POSSIBLE! Not giving up even if I need to start from the beginning

If interested follow my progress at:

https://youtube.com/user/gjaholy

Looking forward to reading everyone's post and knowing we will have a successful month. We're in this together πŸ’ͺ🏾❀

Welcome to October and let's make things happen this month together!!

REMEMBER WE GOT THIS!πŸ’ͺ🏽πŸ’ͺ🏽
    Your Captain,
    Glorious Gloria @gjaholy33πŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎβ€

3zbf6onoqq0g.png
  • gjaholy33
    edited October 2022
    Options
    lpmegk3d6c0d.png
    ABOUT THE CHALLENGES & REQUIRED WEIGHT POSTINGS
    We are also going to be running (Optional) Mini-challenges again this month: Question of the Week (assuming I can remember to do that) and Daily Posts

First and foremost is that participation in these challenges is optional. It's up to you as to whether you want to try this. If you don't want to participate in these challenges, you don't have to, the choice is yours, but I would like to encourage you to participate as it seems to help keep us on track and thinking about our goals on a daily basis and it's encouraging to see other's successes and struggles so that we realize that we are not alone!!

The Daily Posts Challenge is based on another challenge on MFP called UAC (Ultimate Accountability Challenge). The way UAC works is that the aim is to follow 5 basic rules.

#1. Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories.
    #2. Stay inside your allocated daily budget.
    #3. Try to do at least 20 minutes of activity a day (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.. As long as it gets you active and off the couch)
    #4. 1 pass day permitted per week (went over calories, could not track, not enough exercise, intentional pass)
    #5. Check in daily (tracking yes/no, calories yes/no, exercise yes/no).
    ****End of the week. those who have managed to keep to plan for 6 out of 7 days are recognized in the thread as being part of the weekly "Winners Circle".

A side note as there has been a bit of confusion for new members in the past, this is not the same as the official results, which are weight based, this is just another tool to help you reach your weight loss goals.
    **REMEMBER**
    You set your own daily budget.
    You choose you own exercise and intensity (no step limit, no exercises you cannot or should not do, 20 mins of gardening counts as much as a 10 mile run, activity is activity, anything that gets you up and moving!).
    Is not weight based (as weight fluctuates day by day).
    Can continue beyond weight loss.
    Daily check in keeps you in touch with those doing similar. Longer term weight management is hard to do on your own.
    It also has frequent resets (as in a circle each week).
    It works on an honor system. Being honest with yourself and others is a key to making things work. Remember, this is a judgement free zone, everyone has good days and bad days, but the way to get to the finish line is by being honest and when we have a bad day, picking ourselves up and carrying on the next day!
    Consistency and new habits have been shown the only long term successful way to change weight. We all want the progress made here to last a lifetime.
    Your posts should look like this:

Daily Post (Sunday/Date)
    Track: Yes/no
    Calories: Yes/no (were you under)
    Exercise: Yes/no (what type and how long)
    Goals/Day/Comments: (Tell us a brief description about your how your day went or your goals for the day)

Please post your weight on your scheduled weigh in day, as if you miss weigh-ins, you may be eliminated from the challenge and we don't want to see that happen!!

Your posts should look like this:
    Username:
    Week: October Week 1
    PW =(previous weight)
    CW=(current weight)

Please, please setup your posts in that format as it really makes it much easier for us to track your progress for the challenges and the weight loss!!

We are committed to this group and to help where we can, and please let us know if we can help in any way. Also, if you have any suggestions for the team or fun ideas to spice things up a bit, please feel free to share them, we look for new ways to help engagement and keep people motivated!!
    Welcome to October and let's make things happen this month together!!
    REMEMBER WE GOT THIS!πŸ’ͺ🏽πŸ’ͺ🏽
    Your Captain,
    Glorious Gloria @gjaholy33πŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎβ€β€
    jwqk2ea3d4a1.png
    s74i3ofby7ks.png
  • gjaholy33
    edited October 2022
    Options
    r2czlgzlscmn.png

Welcome to the Team Slimsons two new members:
    @2BFitgranny
    @roz0810

Please post your Introductions and read the above Introduction & About Challenges posts. Feel free to reach out if you have any additional questions. Glad to have you apart of the Team Slimsons. Returning members please welcome the new members when you have a moment.πŸ«‚πŸ‘πŸΎπŸ«‚πŸ‘πŸΎπŸ«‚

Your Team Captain,
    GLORIOUS GLORIA
    @GJAHOLY33
  • walk4today
    walk4today Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Daily Post
    Sunday 10/2
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise walking
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Daily Post
    Sunday 10/2

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise no
    Water 140oz
    Steps 2,003
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,648 Member
    Options
    @gjaholy33 Thanks for getting the October ball rolling and for the support you give all month long. I hope your day is going well.

A little intro... I've been up and down since 2020, mostly up until a few weeks ago. I gained 12 lbs or so the first year of the pandemic, hung around there until this past August when I threw caution to the wind and ate more sugar in a couple of weeks than I had in many months. Then my weight skyrocketed from 238 all the way up to 248 in less than 2 weeks. That was my all time high in 2010 before I lost 30 lbs in 2013. Then my ankles ballooned and I was panicking that I had a serious medical issue. Well, come to find out, once I cut out processed food and all that extra sugar, the weight dropped back down to 238, my feet are skinny again, and I'm slowly pulling myself out the hole I dug during the isolation period of 2022-2021. This time I have a plan for keeping it going in the right direction instead of all the ups and downs.

In September my plan seems to have worked well. I went from 238 down to 234 last month. What I did is continued logging my food every day, but instead of concentrating on calories, my goal is to have balanced macros (45%, 35%, 20%). I give myself 5% points leeway on all three. When I do that, I actually eat a lot less and am not hungry throughout the day. I'm actually surprised at the end of the day that I have calories left over. The goal is NOT perfection!

My October goals are:
    1. Log every day.
    2. Keep macros balanced.
    3. Be in bed by 11:30 (to keep away the midnight munchies).
    4. Do some kind of formal exercise 3X/week. I'd like to say every day but I'll be a realist today (LOL)!

One possible hang-up is that I'm going on a 2000 mile solo road trip and will have to plan my eating carefully. I'm leaving Wed. and won't be back until a week from Friday so my weighins here won't be on the right days. I hope it all works out OK. I also won't be able to weigh regularly so I'll have to just follow the course and trust in the process.

Wishing you all success in October.
  • Bemybestby60
    Bemybestby60 Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Sunday
    Track yes
    Calories yes and under
    Exercise none
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon!

My name is Missy, I live in the New England area with my huskies and bichon. Working and going back to school in January for my MBA. Want to get healthy and fit so I can enjoy life.

Goals:
    Get back in the habit of Tracking
    Stay within calories/points(WW)
    Lost 5 pounds this month
    Get more active

SW: 229.2
    CW: 226
    GW: 110-120
  • Robandy12345
    Robandy12345 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Thanks for keeping this going ! I'm not happy with my weight or activities in September. I will be playing volleyball and πŸ€ basketball 3 days a week in October. That plus keeping up with you all on here should keep me on a better path.
    Thanks Bobby T
  • gjaholy33
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Good Afternoon!

My name is Missy, . . . healthy and fit so I can enjoy life.

Goals:
    Get back in the habit of Tracking
    Stay within calories/points(WW)
    Lost 5 pounds this month
    Get more active

SW: 229.2
    CW: 226
    GW: 110-120

Welcome to October Missy,, You got this. . .rooting for you
    nebslp wrote: Β»
    @gjaholy33 Thanks for getting the October ball rolling and for the support you give all month long. I hope your day is going well.. . .in the right direction instead of all the ups and downs. . .The goal is NOT perfection!
    today (LOL)!

One possible hang-up is that I'm going on a 2000 mile solo road trip and will have to plan my eating carefully. I'm leaving Wed. and won't be back until a week from Friday so my weighins here won't be on the right days. I hope it all works out OK. I also won't be able to weigh regularly so I'll have to just follow the course and trust in the process.

Wishing you all success in October.

Wow 2000 mile πŸ‘πŸΎ 😳 Well YOU GOT RHIS KEEP MAKING SMALL CHANGES AT A TIME. No worries in regards to your weight just post as soon as you can
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Daily Post

Monday 10.3.22

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise no
    Water 110oz
    Steps 1,439

Goals/Comments

UPDATE admitted for Observation on Thursday 9.29 and transfer to inpatient on 10.1. Had the heart catheterization today apparently my heart vessels squeezing too tightly is causing the intermittent chest pain over the last 3 weeks.
    All went OK clear arteries no stint needed. So happy the drastic measures I've been taking lately did not damage my heart vessels GREAT NEWS now if they could just figure out these chest pains so I can get back to exercising and Daily regimen
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Thanks for keeping this going ! I'm not happy with my weight or activities in September. I will be playing volleyball and πŸ€ basketball 3 days a week in October. That plus keeping up with you all on here should keep me on a better path.
    Thanks Bobby T

Bobby,
    Rooting for you πŸ‘πŸΎ YOU GOT THIS one day at a time.

-Glorious Gloria ❀
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,335 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Monday

Tracking- Nope :-(
    Calories- probably not was a stressful day
    Exercise- no

Car is leaking oil somewhere as the oil level was well below the low line smh. It’s been 5000 miles since last oil change and supposedly there’s 70% oil life left? Hoping today will be better.
  • 2BFitgranny
    2BFitgranny Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Username:2bFitgranny
    Week: October Week 1
    PW 224.5
    CW=(current weight) 221.0
  • 2BFitgranny
    Options
    Good Morning! I am new.to using.boards, discussions etc.and coulf use some help. I have marked the group with the bookmark (blue flag) but am confused about how to bookmark the discussion thread. I do not see any star, so i am assuming i am in the wrong place. Please advise as i am very excited to be in this challenge
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Good Morning! I am new.to using.boards, discussions etc.and coulf use some help. I have marked the group with the bookmark (blue flag) but am confused about how to bookmark the discussion thread. I do not see any star, so i am assuming i am in the wrong place. Please advise as i am very excited to be in this challenge

Welcome, welcome. You're in the correct discussion thread. They change it from star to blue bookmark.
  • walk4today
    Options
    Daily Post
    Monday 10/3
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise walking
  • walk4today
    Options
    Daily Post
    Tuesday 10/4
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise yes
  • 2BFitgranny
    Options
    Hi. My name is Lisa and I am 52 years old 5'4" and 221 lbs. I have been struggling to lose weight for several years. It is very difficult to stay motivated so I am looking forward to being in this group.
    I was at the doctor last week and was diagnosed with fatty liver infiltration, high cholesterol and high blood pressure. I have been prescribed meds and told i have to lose weight. I CAN and WILL do this!!
  • 2BFitgranny
    Options
    Daily Post
    Tuesday 10/4
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise no
This discussion has been closed.