Options
    10/3-7,244
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,087 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 , I did mistyped. It's
    Cw221.4
    Pw221.6
    I'm retaining fluids from excessive sodium.

@Armygirlarmyof1 I have that trouble in my left knee and ankle so I can relate...the more your weight comes down, the better the swelling gets though...something to look forward to!! :smile:
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    ac204 wrote: »
    Ac204
    Sunday
    PW 192.6
    CW 192.2

Hello Shape Shifters! This month focusing on my food journaling and hoping to drop into the 180s. Wishing you all good month!

You too @ac204 and great goal! I think I can see you doing it!! Let's go!
    Jessica :blush:
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Yes, @jessicakrall8. You're right about that. I've had chf in the past with very minor damage. And then I need my left knee replaced as well. It's just frustrating trying to stay within an 1800 MG low sodium heart healthy diet. As long as I don't get sick again, ik I'll get my groove back.
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,203 Member
    Options
    Resting Calories vs Active Calories
    Many of us have a device that calculates our calories burned during exercise and forwards that data to MFP. MFP gives you the option to add these calories to your daily allowance.
    Based on my experience with what my food/exercise logging tells me and what I observe when I weigh, I have long suspected that I don't burn as many calories during exercise as my Garmin watch calculates. Because of this, I've not been comfortable adding all active calories to my daily allowance, but I've wanted to be able to add at least some.
    I just learned that for calories burned, Garmin calculates both a resting calories and active calories! I had never noticed that before! And what Garmin sends to MFP is the total calories burned. This explains a lot!
    I went back and reviewed a bunch of activities and saw resting calories varying from as low as 10% to as high as 40% of total calories burned. Then I began thinking how the activity time affects that ratio. I noticed that on average the resting calories is roughly around 100 calories/minute. So, I figured I could double the minutes of exercise and get an approximate number for resting calories. To check that assumption, I did a search and found this:
    According to the American Council on Exercise, the average person burns 0.02 calories per minute at rest, per kg of body weight. Since I weigh around 100 kg, that comes out to 2 calories/minute!
    Hopefully, I will now be able to see a better correlation between my day-to-day calorie deficit (or excess!) and my weight.
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    @frankwbrown I didn’t know the garmin did that. It sounds like you have a good plan moving forward.
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Steps 4 Oct: 14.620
    Good morning Shape Shifters. I had a lazy Tuesday. Did some gaming, puzzling, watched netflix, petted Tinus a lot. The overnight oats were a bit better with the meal powder and sunflower seeds, but still not really a fan so I am not sure if I will keep making it. Checked all the boxes in my habit tracker again, yay. Happy Wednesday everyone <3
  • terrimccrery
    terrimccrery Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hello all!!
    I weighed in today and was very happy with the results. I’ve been here before though and always sabotage myself so a first personal goal is to get back into onederland!!!!

Terrimccrery
    Wednesday
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,272 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Current Maintenance Weigh In

I have started Beachbody Fire & Flow - I signed up for early access and every other day is weights/cardio and the other day is yoga/stretching- so far so good - since my barre studio is closed I'm also going to do Beachbody Barre Blend on the usual days I would go to the studio which were Thursday/Friday - I'm going to the other studio that is 20 min away on the weekends until November.

I also signed up for a new yoga place that will be in the suite where the barre studio was, but not slated to open until February/March 2023 as they are expanding into the space next to the studio - my cost is at a founder's rate whi h I was basically paying for barre from the year pass that I bought last November
  • alleykat69
    alleykat69 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    @frankwbrown That is my kind of hiking trails. Looks beautiful and peaceful. There is a few places like that in Maryland that I've been to.
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Hello all!!
    I weighed in today and was very happy with the results. I’ve been here before though and always sabotage myself so a first personal goal is to get back into onederland!!!!

Terrimccrery
    Wednesday

Great loss @terrimccrery !!! WTG...please help your overworked, tired Captain by labeling PW (previous) and CW (current)...thanks! Great job this week!
    Jessica
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Steps 5 Oct: 14.563
    Good morning Shape Shifters. I had another fairly lazy day with not much going on. I was feeling pretty grumpy without knowing why, so that was a little annoying. I also got some bad cravings around last meal time, but thankfully those mostly went away after I ate my planned food. When I went to bed, Tinus followed me upstairs and I set him down on my bed to coax him to stay, which never works. This time he was like "alright, you want me to sleep here, I will show you!!!". So he was on the bed from 20:30 until 7:30 when I got up to shower, what a lazy boy. Since he is very good at taking over half the bed, I didn't have the best sleep, which wasn't helped by two mosquitos. I still made my 8+ hour sleep goal though, so another day with all the boxes ticked in the habit tracker. Happy Thursday everyone <3
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,331 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Here’s my weekly maintenance weigh-in report:

Name: PatriceFitnessPal
    Weigh-in Day: Thursday
    PW: 127.5
    CW: 128.4

SW: 168
    LTD: 39.6

My maintenance target is 120-130 and this was a big jump for me in one week, so I really need to pay more attention to my nutrition. We haven’t rowed much this week due to the nasty weather, and I lifted a lot more weights during the indoor workouts so I’m hoping some of the extra weight is water being used for muscle repair. I’m really sore today — but that might be wishful thinking?! 🧞‍♀️🤔🧞‍♀️
  • Walela617
    Walela617 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    October steps so far:

10/01 - 426
    10/02 - 10,434
    10/02 - 14,522
    10/04 - 10,035
    10/05 - 1,041 (Worked from home)
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,789 Member
    Options
    Angmarie28
    Wednesdays
    Previous weight-165
    Current weight-165.4
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,789 Member
    Options
    10/4-5,340
    10/5-7,026
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    @Armygirlarmyof1 - It sounds as though the improvements you are making will help reduce a number of your symptoms, such as your difficulty with inflammation. Good for you!

It must have been such a relief to identify your congestive heart failure (CHF) early enough to make a difference. My mother told me the structure of her heart changed significantly before she was diagnosed. I think the reduced efficiency of her heart may have caused the blood flow problems that caused her stroke a few years ago. The doctors also said she had ‘mini-strokes’ - or transient ischemic attacks (TIAs) that they discovered while treating her stroke.

This seems like a good crowd-sourcing question to pose to our team. Fellow Shape Shifters, have you had success reducing your sodium? If so, what tips do you have for other members of our team?

I just checked my weekly sodium average and saw that it’s a little over 1,500, but I have no idea how to reduce sodium because I haven’t really paid attention to it. Right now, I can only think about cutting back on take-out orders and restaurant meals because I think they tend to use high-sodium ingredients. I’ll try to focus on what might help and my food diary is open if you think it would help to look at it.

This discussion has been closed.