Shape Shifters Team Chat - OCTOBER 2022

Options

Replies

• PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    @frankwbrown - Thanks for sharing the research you did on the Garmin watch. It sounds as though it’s best to calculate only ‘active’ calories, especially since our MFP daily targets already consider our resting calories when calculating the number of calories recommended to us. I’m trying to decide if I should buy a watch that helps me gather health data or a Fitbit type wristband in the near future. I don’t really like to wear anything on my wrist but I like the idea or challenging myself to increase my steps and I think the reminder features would help motivate me to move more often throughout the day. Thanks again for the information!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Pupowl wrote: »
    Steps 4 Oct: 14.620
    Good morning Shape Shifters. I had a lazy Tuesday. Did some gaming, puzzling, watched netflix, petted Tinus a lot. The overnight oats were a bit better with the meal powder and sunflower seeds, but still not really a fan so I am not sure if I will keep making it. Checked all the boxes in my habit tracker again, yay. Happy Wednesday everyone <3

I’ve tried to incorporate oats into my diet because I’ve heard they’re so filling and such a good source of fiber. However, I always feel hungry shortly after eating them. I don’t know why that is? I like to add raisins, cinnamon, or a tiny bit of honey to mine. Currants, dried cranberries or fresh berries are also things I’ve eaten with steel cut oats. After seeing some of your ideas, I think I’ll try some pepitas seeds of nuts.

When I want more of a dessert with a healthy twist, here are some ideas I use:

https://feelgoodfoodie.net/recipe/overnight-steel-cut-oats/

• PatriceFitnessPal
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Congratulations @Walela617! I’m glad your health insurance provider’s support program is working so well for you!

@terrimccrery - I agree with @jessicakrall8 that no loss is too small. It adds up overtime and the slower pace seems to make maintenance easier. You sound as though you learned some valuable lessons about the importance of building long-term sustainable habits and a healthier outlook so you can avoid “self-sabotage.” Do you think you have a good sense of what has contributed to your recent “success without sabotage?”

@pupowl - Great work on the Habit Tracker. I’ve definitely got to improve my sleep. It makes a huge difference for me because I over-snack when I’m tired. Mosquitoes buzzing in the ear are the worst. In fact, mosquitoes are just the worst insect all around! Sorry you had to deal with them — and that Tinus didn’t even help swat them away as he took over your bed space. It was probably warm, at least! … and Tinus looks so soft, definitely comfy and cuddly looking to me?!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    @LaurieWrobo - I’m so glad to hear you are settling into a new exercise routine and have a solid plan for the future! Self care for the caregiver is so important.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,107 Member
    Options
    Wow @Walela617 You are really thriving in this class!! So glad you're learning new things and putting them into your life! Care to share a few tips for us?!!

Jessica
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,565 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    @PatriceFitnessPal
    Oh, that is odd oats aren't filling for you. I am not sure about amounts, since you weird people in the US don't exactly meassure stuff properly, lol. So I don't know how much half a cup of oats is. When I make it, I use 40 grams of oats, 250ml almond milk, cinnamon, a tablespoon of broken flaxseeds, tablespoon sunflower seeds and a banana. There are also some protein oats out there, maybe those would work better.
    Thank you! I like that this group gives us so many tools. I can't really say if sleep helps with food, because I can always eat. :lol: That's why I prefer to keep my eating window small. I think that probably helps me the most. Tinus is a lot more cuddly in the winter which is nice and yes, he is very soft. :smile:
    Your sodium looks fine to me. Like you already said, it mostly shoots up with take out meals or prepackaged foods. Sometimes those are hard to avoid because pretty much everything that comes prepared in a package probably has sodium added to it. Looking at the days you don't eat those things, you are under 1000 which looks good to me. But I am not an expert either and it is not a macro I pay much attention to. Mine tends to be under 1000 as well.
  • Pupowl
    Options
    Steps 6 Oct: 15.169
    Good morning Shape Shifters. Another boring day here. I had to go to bed in the afternoon for a while because I wasn't feeling well. Thankfully it was much better after. My first postcrossing card arrived in Germany which is nice. The start is really slow because you can only have 5 cards travelling at first. It goes up the more cards you have sent. My other 4 are all going to places that will take between 2-4 weeks, so I have to be really patient. I will request a new address on Monday. That is all for today, happy Friday everyone <3
  • KHill875
    KHill875 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    KHill875
    Friday weigh in
    PW: 144.0
    CW: 142.6

Steps
    10/3 - 7,783
    10/4 - 10,181
    10/5 - 13,760
    10/6 - 13,461

I have only lost 3 lbs over the last year, which is annoying. However, my body fat percentage has gone from 34% to 30.1%. I am really hoping I can finally get down into the 20% next week. We're still dealing with the stomach flu as a family so I haven't been to the gym this week. Fingers crossed I make it back next week.
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,193 Member
    Options
    Daily step goal: 10,000
    Tue 10/4: 10,134
    Wed 10/5: 13,045
    Thu 10/6: 15,884
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,193 Member
    Options
    frankwbrown
    October week 1
    Weigh in day: Friday, October 7
    PW: 225.8
    CW: 227.3 ( gained 1.5 lbs; 0.66%)

(off to a bad start!)
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Hello Shape Shifters.Good to have some new members on here 🙂 My name is Izzy and I have been on MFP on & off for several years.I tend you yoyo with my weight & now trying to get to goal yet again.I live in England UK with my husband & 2 adult sons.I love being active & Im a member of my local gym.I enjoy a Dance fit class 2/3 times a week.I also like to dance in my kitchen either to utube videos or the radio.I've had some health problems the last few months & eventhough Ive tried to avoid medication for high blood pressure,I've decided to take my doctors advice & go on tablets.
    I've been on support for the past month as I've been in Greece on holiday with my husband.So @jessicakrall8 please put me back on the team for my weigh in day tomorrow.
    I just hope I've not gained too much whilst I've been away.
    Time to get back on the team & back on it !
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,107 Member
    Options
    So @jessicakrall8 please put me back on the team for my weigh in day tomorrow. I just hope I've not gained too much whilst I've been away.

@izzyred9400 I need your beginning weight from approximately a week ago. Will get you moved back. Jessica
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Cre804
    Friday
    PW 193.5
    CW 195.5

I’m back after a month’s hiatus. My husband booked a last-minute trip so we spent 17 days in Europe! We had a lovely time but I developed mobility issues while I was there, most likely due to the amount of stair climbing I did. I only gained a pound during the trip, but I gained another one just overnight last night, so hopefully it won’t stick around long.

I started physical therapy this week so I’m hoping for some quick results. During intake, the therapist asked me to perform a squat, amount other tasks. I did, and she was very impressed! It’s taken a lot of work to get to that point, so I was very proud to be recognized for my efforts.

I also had a nutritionist appointment today, which was kind of a waste since I’m still not back on track with my diet but I have good intentions. Interestingly, my blood glucose levels have been lower since I got home, but I can’t really attribute that to anything. My plan is to meal plan for just this week, and to meet my water intake goals.
  • Pupowl
    Options
    Steps 7 Oct: 15.165
    Good morning Shape Shifters. I had another lazy day (I am good at those huh). I did some reading, very minor cleaning because my vacuum ran out of power (will do more today), watched more netflix and worked on my puzzle. Shaved of all my hair again after attempt 4 to grow it. I am just gonna give up now because it's not going to happen. Randomly got a funny postcard in my mail from my mom. That was a nice little boost to my mood. I love his hat! Happy Saturday everyone <3
    e48b1rhs2ocp.jpg
  • Pupowl
    Options
    Pupowl
    Saturday weigh in
    PW: 244.7
    CW: 241.6
    I can live with this. My goal is to lose around 2.2lbs a week.
  • izzyred9400
    Options
    So @jessicakrall8 please put me back on the team for my weigh in day tomorrow. I just hope I've not gained too much whilst I've been away.

@izzyred9400 I need your beginning weight from approximately a week ago. Will get you moved back. Jessica

My weight last Sunday when I got back from hols was 142.6
  • izzyred9400
    Options
    Izzyred9400
    Sat
    PW 142.6
    CW 141
    @jessicakrall8 please could you add me to the October Step Challenge 14,000 steps.My favourite place to walk in autumn / winter is my local park.It is a large park with varied landscape of flats & hills.It has beautiful gardens & trees & a Victorian bandstand.
    My steps so far,
    10/2 5,495
    10/3 21,766
    10/4 8,689
    10/5 9,050
    10/6 15,729
    10/7 4,508
  • ewilhelm2487
    ewilhelm2487 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Ewilhelm2487
    PW:235.6?