TEAM: The Slimsons (November)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! Should you need anything, please post here and your team Captains will answer as soon as possible.
Β«13456789

Replies

• Robandy12345
    Robandy12345 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Robandy12345
    Starting weight 227.1
    Weigh in day Sunday
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Β 
    Hello Team Slimsons and Welcome tore16epw2762r.png
    Β My name is Gloria @gjaholy33 I will be your captain for this month, which means motivating and keeping track of your weight. I am 43 yrs. old, been on this journey since 2004. It's been a long uphill battle, but I refuse to give up until I meet my long-time goal of 200lbs.

Over the past few years, I've been diagnosed with various diseases (i.e. asthma which has overlapped into COPD ergo the oxygen continuously, gastroenteritis, events & hiatal hernia, acid reflux, pulmonary hypertension, osteoarthritis, sleep apnea, high blood pressure, high cholesterol (as of JanuaryπŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯), chronic pain in the back and knees). Last month I was hospitalizedand came away with a new diagnosisof heart failure which cause a few more restrictions. .
    Current Weight: 493.8lbs

57.2lbs and 25 inches lost overall so far.

When you have God's Power as your strength acknowledge your faults, and then start making one small change at a time.

THE IMPOSSIBLE IS POSSIBLE! Not giving up even if I need to start from the beginning

If interested follow my progress at:

https://www.youtube.com/@gloriousglo

Looking forward to reading everyone's post and knowing we will have a successful month. We're in this together πŸ’ͺ🏾❀
    Β 

Welcome to:re16epw2762r.pnglet's make things happen this month together!!

REMEMBER WE GOT THIS!πŸ’ͺ🏽πŸ’ͺ🏽

Your Captain,
    Glorious Gloria @gjaholy33πŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎβ€

• gjaholy33
    edited October 2022
    Options
    ABOUT THE CHALLENGES & REQUIRED WEIGHT POSTINGS

We are also going to be running (Optional) Mini-challenges again this month: Question of the Week (assuming I can remember to do that) and Daily Posts

First and foremost is that participation in these challenges is optional. It's up to you as to whether you want to try this. If you don't want to participate in these challenges, you don't have to, the choice is yours, but I would like to encourage you to participate as it seems to help keep us on track and thinking about our goals on a daily basis and it's encouraging to see other's successes and struggles so that we realize that we are not alone!!

The Daily Posts Challenge is based on another challenge on MFP called UAC (Ultimate Accountability Challenge). The way UAC works is that the aim is to follow 5 basic rules.

#1. Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories.
    #2. Stay inside your allocated daily budget.
    #3. Try to do at least 20 minutes of activity a day (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.. As long as it gets you active and off the couch)
    #4. 1 pass day permitted per week (went over calories, could not track, not enough exercise, intentional pass)
    #5. Check in daily (tracking yes/no, calories yes/no, exercise yes/no).

****End of the week. those who have managed to keep to plan for 6 out of 7 days are recognized in the thread as being part of the weekly "Winners Circle".

A side note as there has been a bit of confusion for new members in the past, this is not the same as the official results, which are weight based, this is just another tool to help you reach your weight loss goals.

**REMEMBER**
    You set your own daily budget.
    You choose you own exercise and intensity (no step limit, no exercises you cannot or should not do, 20 mins of gardening counts as much as a 10 mile run, activity is activity, anything that gets you up and moving!).
    Is not weight based (as weight fluctuates day by day).
    Can continue beyond weight loss.

Daily check in keeps you in touch with those doing similar. Longer term weight management is hard to do on your own.

It also has frequent resets (as in a circle each week).

It works on an honor system. Being honest with yourself and others is a key to making things work. Remember, this is a judgement free zone, everyone has good days and bad days, but the way to get to the finish line is by being honest and when we have a bad day, picking ourselves up and carrying on the next day!

Consistency and new habits have been shown the only long term successful way to change weight. We all want the progress made here to last a lifetime.

Your posts should look like this:
    Daily Post (Sunday/Date)

Track: Yes/no
    Calories: Yes/no (were you under)
    Exercise: Yes/no (what type and how long)
    Goals/Day/Comments: (Tell us a brief description about your how your day went or your goals for the day)

The Question of the Week Challenge is a fun participation booster and we will be using it sometimes just as fun and sometimes it can help to foster new ideas for others as we all are different and have different experiences so sharing ideas can help someone else with motivation of freshening up their routine even!! Keep on the lookout for these questions.

Please post your weight on your scheduled weigh in day, as if you miss weigh-ins, you may be eliminated from the challenge and we don't want to see that happen!!

Your posts should look like this:
    Username:
    Week: November Week 1
    PW =(previous weight)
    CW=(current weight)

Please, please setup your posts in that format as it really makes it much easier for us to track your progress for the challenges and the weight loss!!

We'd like to help you be as successful as possible and if we can help in any way, please let us know. Also, if you have any suggestions for the team or fun ideas to spice things up a bit, please feel free to share them, we look for new ways to help engagement and keep people motivated!!

We are committed to this group and to help where we can, and please let us know if we can help in any way!!

Once again Welcome to November Challenge WE CAN DO THIS!!πŸ’ƒπŸΎπŸ’ƒπŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ’ͺ🏽πŸ’ͺ🏽

REMEMBER WE GOT THIS!πŸ’ͺ🏽πŸ’ͺ🏽
    Your Captain,
    Glorious Gloria @gjaholy33πŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎβ€β€

• KakoHikes
    KakoHikes Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Hello! Since I missed last weeks weigh, I’m am not sure if am in the challenge for the new month since no starting weight.
    I weighed last Sunday and promptly forgot what it was and just had a blah week in general
    The only weight I have for the week was probably my highest for the week, and has now gone back to what it was before.

While I’ve been more active on the discord challenge group I’m a part of, I would love to still be part of the group if possible.

User: KakoHikes
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Week 1
    PW: 192.2
    CW: 190.8
  • 2BFitgranny
    2BFitgranny Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Username: 2bFitgranny
    WEIGH IN DAY: Monday
    Week: Week 1 November
    PW: 216.7
    CW: 216.6
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Hello! Since I missed last weeks weigh, I’m am not sure if am in the challenge for the new month since no starting weight.
    I weighed last Sunday and promptly forgot what it was and just had a blah week in general
    The only weight I have for the week was probably my highest for the week, and has now gone back to what it was before.

While I’ve been more active on the discord challenge group I’m a part of, I would love to still be part of the group if possible.

User: KakoHikes
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Week 1
    PW: 192.2
    CW: 190.8

I got you just added your last week weight
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Daily Post

Sunday 10/30

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise no
    Steps under 1000
    Water 60oz

Monday 10/31 Happy Halloween

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise no
    Steps under 1000
    Water 60oz

Still dealing with issues from my recent diagnosis of heart failure. I have a cardiologist appt tomorrow so hopefully, they finally start me on these new heart meds so my left leg will stop swelling up even when I am sitting down.
  • walk4today
    walk4today Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Daily Post
    Monday 10/31
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise yes
  • walk4today
    Options
    Daily Post
    Tuesday 11/1
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise cleaning 1 hour
  • Bemybestby60
    Bemybestby60 Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Bemybestby60
    Novembet Challenge Week 1
    Wednesday weigh in
    Previous weight 192 lbs
    Current weight 189 lbs
  • walk4today
    Options
    Daily Post
    Wednesday 11/2
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise walking
  • Bemybestby60
    Options
    Daily Post Wednesday
    Track yes
    Calories yes and over
    Exercise no
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Please Welcome our two newest members:
    @manderspage
    @S_Ohara

Please post your introductions to the group.
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Daily Post

Tuesday 11/2

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise no
    Steps 3321
    Water 60oz

Wednesday 11/3

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise no
    Steps 1792
    Water 60oz
  • gjaholy33
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Gjaholy33
    Weigh-in day: Thursday
    November Week 1
    PW:492.8lbs
    CW: 509.1😑

vrorx3c6hxli.gif

Thursday 11/3

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise no
    Steps 2,299
    Water 60oz
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Bemybestby60
    Novembet Challenge Week 1
    Wednesday weigh in
    Previous weight 192 lbs
    Current weight 189 lbs

ah64m6md55qb.png
  • Bemybestby60
    Options
    Gjaholy33
    Weigh-in day: Thursday
    November Week 1
    PW:492.8lbs
    CW: 509.1😑

vrorx3c6hxli.gif

Thursday 11/3

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise no
    Steps 2,299
    Water 60oz

I feel your pain. You will get back on track. Sometimes it is not you. You do a great job taking care of us Slimsons.
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,648 Member
    Options
    nebslp
    Weigh-in Day: Thursday
    November Week 1
    PW: 237
    CW: 236.3
  • walk4today
    Options
    Daily Post