@Megan_smartiepants1970
    30: 7343
    31: 3122
    1: 2427
    2: 3528
    3: 2535
    4: 2990
    5: 7205

I'm not going to do step pledge this month, my fitness watch is on the fritz :unamused:

I can excuse you and you just let me know when you are ready to come back
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    red1185 wrote: »
    So I’m way back up, and going absolutely the wrong way. Uuuuggggghhhh! I had gotten down to 165 from 179. I’m now back to 175! I’m SO FRUSTRATED.

I just have to keep pushing, though. I have to look at it as just a number - it doesn’t define me.

I’ve reset my goals and my plans. I never make big ambitious goals anymore because I know I’ll just be disappointed. I always try to do 1 lb goals at a time.

Like I said the last time I checked in, I am trying for 15 minute walks 3x a week to start my routine back up. My step goal is still 6,000/day.

So, current numbers:
    PW: 172
    CW: 174.8

Steps:
    10/31: 6,051
    11/1: 6,147
    11/2: 7,012
    11/3: 3,904
    11/4: 6,422
    11/5: 1,000
    11/6: 1,950
    11/7: TBD

I can gain 5 pounds over a day or two and it is usually attributed more to the things I'm eating that causes me inflamation, rather than quanitities. Typically it is dairy, nuts and definitely gluten! Best wishes hitting your goals.
  • leeniekat
    leeniekat Posts: 145 Member
    Hi @lindamtuck2018
    I’m staying in my old neighborhood tonight because I had to vote (yes I’m lazy and didn’t update my address) so I won’t have my scale tomorrow. Would you like me to post my weight from Tuesday or is it ok to post Thursday? Either is ok with me, just don’t want to mess up your system.
    Thanks!
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    edited November 2022
    Tuesday check-in 11/08

My Tuesday was was much less stressful than my Monday. I was able to take my time at the gym where I did a light cardio and strength session. I had to take it easy as I’ve been quite sore for about 3 days now. I’m feeling better this morning. Then I did some grocery shopping and came home and was able to have a short rest while catching up on one of my shows. Then long walk with Jax (doggo). My evening was calm as my oldest son had a babysitting job til 10pm and hubby had a work dinner so it was an easy dinner for me and my other 2 boys. I managed to do well with everything but I have to say the eating wasn’t the best. I found a bag of Crunchy Cheetos that I bought at the market a couple weeks back (I thought the boys had finished them) and I grabbed some. Well you know what happens after you eat a few. Before you know it the whole bag is gone. Ugh. I’m so bad. After that my brain just went oh well and my eating didn’t get any better. I still managed to stay under but it could have been much better.

Today I will be driving the kids around most of the day. Sam has speech therapy, karate, and swimming on Wednesdays ( no school for elementary school here on Wednesdays) my older boys do have classes today but finish early so I will have to pick them up as well. I also have to do those phone calls I was meant to do yesterday. It’s technically my rest day today but I try to make my rest days into ACTIVE rest days. While my Sam is doing his swimming I will go to a nearby park for a brisk walk. I will also do some recycling while he is at karate. Uhm. That’s it I think. Wishing you all a wonderful day ♥️

Steps :

Sun - 9,631
    Mon - 16,604
    Tues - 16,308
    Weds -
    Thur -
    Fri -
    Sat -

Goals :

Karaté - 1/3
    Gym - 2/3
    Log food - 3/7
    Stay under - 3/7
    Drink 2L - 3/7
    Say something Nice to myself - 2/7
    “I am, and always will be, enough.” ❤️
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,501 Member
    missGYST wrote: »
    Hi @lindamtuck2018
    I’m staying in my old neighborhood tonight because I had to vote (yes I’m lazy and didn’t update my address) so I won’t have my scale tomorrow. Would you like me to post my weight from Tuesday or is it ok to post Thursday? Either is ok with me, just don’t want to mess up your system.
    Thanks!

You can post whichever one you prefer.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Tuesday check-in 11/08

My Tuesday was was much less stressful than my Monday. I was able to take my time at the gym where I did a light cardio and strength session. I had to take it easy as I’ve been quite sore for about 3 days now. I’m feeling better this morning. Then I did some grocery shopping and came home and was able to have a short rest while catching up on one of my shows. Then long walk with Jax (doggo). My evening was calm as my oldest son had a babysitting job til 10pm and hubby had a work dinner so it was an easy dinner for me and my other 2 boys. I managed to do well with everything but I have to say the eating wasn’t the best. I found a bag of Crunchy Cheetos that I bought at the market a couple weeks back (I thought the boys had finished them) and I grabbed some. Well you know what happens after you eat a few. Before you know it the whole bag is gone. Ugh. I’m so bad. After that my brain just went oh well and my eating didn’t get any better. I still managed to stay under but it could have been much better.

Today I will be driving the kids around most of the day. Sam has speech therapy, karate, and swimming on Wednesdays ( no school for elementary school here on Wednesdays) my older boys do have classes today but finish early so I will have to pick them up as well. I also have to do those phone calls I was meant to do yesterday. It’s technically my rest day today but I try to make my rest days into ACTIVE rest days. While my Sam is doing his swimming I will go to a nearby park for a brisk walk. I will also do some recycling while he is at karate. Uhm. That’s it I think. Wishing you all a wonderful day ♥️

I am tired just reading all you do. How do you manage? I am impressed. I get the cheetos and eating them all. Any kind of potato chip and this happens to me.

• lindamtuck2018
    edited November 2022
    Steps: 3,345
    Exercise: ✔️
    Sleep: ✔️✔️
    November Badge: 2/10

I am going to do mini walks and arm exercises with my dumbbells today. Anyone else eat pickles and retain water the next day? I went to a potluck yesterday and didn’t do to bad with my choices but couldn’t resist the pickles. So good but so much sodium.
  • lindamtuck2018
  • chrissyinbloom
    chrissyinbloom Posts: 64 Member
    Hi Everyone!

I'm going to check in today instead of my usual Friday because I won't have access to a scale until Sunday or Monday. I'm traveling. Moving my sister home to Pennsylvania from Florida. I can't wait to see her tonight and give her a big hug!!!!

I've got my motivation back somehow! Let's just hope that it continues through my trip.

chrissyinbloom
    PW: 221.3
    CW: 219.3
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,512 Member
    I have a new GP doctor that I saw yesterday ...My old GP moved to Hawaii (jealous)...Had labs this morning .... foot is killing me due to the colder weather ... I hope everyone has a great day :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,512 Member
    kxfvuwbl8ixi.jpg
    NOVEMBER WEEK 1 RESULTS:
    TOP 5 STEPPERS ARE:
    1st @mari_moulin- 91,881 steps
    2nd @rwood566- 75,472 steps
    3rd @fatfifties- 74,941 steps
    4th @MissGyst- 63,374 steps
    5th @Jpedno- 56,072 steps
    GREAT JOB EVERYONE :):):)
    As A Group We Walked 708,544 steps
    AMAZING JOB EVERYONE :):):):)

RECOGNIZING EVERYONE WHO PLEDGED THEIR STEPS:
    @lindamtuck2018 4/7
    @rwood566 7/7
    @Morethanjustanumber 5/7
    @aactuallyaash 2/7
    @mari_moulin 5/7
    @laura9400 3/7
    @IP2021 7/7
    @aneedlecraft 5/7
    @Jpedno 5/7
    @red1185 1/7
    @Chrissyinbloom 2/7
    @fatfifties 7/7
    @rwillems 5/7
    @MissGYST 4/7
    WONDERFUL JOB EVERYBODY :):):):):)
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 736 Member
    Hi Everyone!

I'm going to check in today instead of my usual Friday because I won't have access to a scale until Sunday or Monday. I'm traveling. Moving my sister home to Pennsylvania from Florida. I can't wait to see her tonight and give her a big hug!!!!

I've got my motivation back somehow! Let's just hope that it continues through my trip.

chrissyinbloom

Great loss!
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 851 Member
    SW: 388.6
    PW: 267.2
    CW: 265
  • mari_moulin
    Wednesday check-in 11/09

Wednesday went on except for the fact that it rained ALL day! I didn’t get a chance to walk in the park. I had to wait for my son to finish his swimming in my car 🤦🏻‍♀️. I still managed my 10k steps for the day but I wish I could have done better. Sam was happy to get back to his activites. Everything stops here when the kids are on school break so he was getting pretty bored.

Today Ive got someone here working at home but only I til about 10 am which I will then head to the gym. Back home for lunch then going to a shop where I saw some cheap dumbbells and kettlebells that I would like to add to my home gym. Then tonight is choir rehearsal. Getting ready for our Christmas concert. 🎶

Steps :

Sun - 9,631
    Mon - 16,604
    Tues - 16,308
    Weds - 11,149
    Thur -
    Fri -
    Sat -

Goals :

Karaté - 1/3
    Gym - 2/3
    Log food - 4/7
    Stay under - 4/7
    Drink 2L - 3/7
    Say something Nice to myself - 3/7
    “I have all that I need to make today a great day.” ❤️
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 736 Member
    Hi Everyone!

chrissyinbloom

Great loss!
  • mari_moulin
    I have a new GP doctor that I saw yesterday ...My old GP moved to Hawaii (jealous)...Had labs this morning .... foot is killing me due to the colder weather ... I hope everyone has a great day :)

I hope you are happy with your new GP. I remember when my Gyne left and I was needing to find a new one. I was not a happy girl.

Hoping you can find some form of relief for your pain. I also struggle with joint pain when the temps get cold.
  • mari_moulin
    Hi Everyone!

chrissyinbloom

I live far from my sis as well and our reunion hugs are the best! I hate that I live so far from her and I hope that one day our lives come back together again and we can be with each again. I really miss her. I’m so happy you get your sis back again. I’m also happy you have your motivation back. Makes everything so much easier.

I am going to do mini walks and arm exercises with my dumbbells today. Anyone else eat pickles and retain water the next day? I went to a potluck yesterday and didn’t do to bad with my choices but couldn’t resist the pickles. So good but so much sodium.

I retain water with sausages and Chinese food. I can try to be a good as I can with either of those and I’m guaranteed a 2lb gain the next day. What do you usually bring to a potluck? I’ve always struggled with them. I get scared of what people put in their food or how they prepare it 😬
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Good evening all.
    Check in:
    Steps - 11000
    Calories - 2700
    Exercise - pickleball 90 minutes. It stopped raining long enough for the courts to dry. Still very cold and windy. Made for some interesting hitting.
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited November 2022
    Hi Everyone!

chrissyinbloom

Fantastic loss! Send some of your motivation my way. Anything in particular that you did?

Good luck with your new doctor.

JaysFan82 wrote: »
    SW: 388.6
    PW: 267.2
    CW: 265

Awesome loss!

Hi Everyone!

chrissyinbloom

I live far from my sis as well and our reunion hugs are the best! I hate that I live so far from her and I hope that one day our lives come back together again and we can be with each again. I really miss her. I’m so happy you get your sis back again. I’m also happy you have your motivation back. Makes everything so much easier.

I retain water with sausages and Chinese food. I can try to be a good as I can with either of those and I’m guaranteed a 2lb gain the next day. What do you usually bring to a potluck? I’ve always struggled with them. I get scared of what people put in their food or how they prepare it 😬

I am the same way about potlucks. My friends laugh at me and say it’s no different then eating in a restaurant. I knew almost everyone there and have been in their homes many times so I feel a bit better. I brought meatballs. Quick and easy.
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening all.
    Check in:
    Steps - 11000
    Calories - 2700
    Exercise - pickleball 90 minutes. It stopped raining long enough for the courts to dry. Still very cold and windy. Made for some interesting hitting.

Great stepping!

• lindamtuck2018
    Steps: 4,682
    Sleep: ✔️✔️✔️
    November Badge: 3/10

Did my mini walks and got all my steps in. Not sure what I will do today as my granddaughter passed a bug onto me. Colds are back!

To my teammates in your 50’’s or older: Do you find you need less sleep as you age? I have been debating this one with some friends.
This discussion has been closed.