New to group

Options
I’m new to this group but not to MS. I was officially diagnosed with RRMS in 1993 when I was 37yrs old. My neurologist thinks it probably started in 1988 (based on my symptoms) when I was pregnant. So I’ve had MS for approximately 29-34. I’m currently in SPMS which started probably 10-15 years ago. I’ve had very three exacerbations over the course of my illness. The initial numbness in my side, MS body hug (which brought me to my neurologist) and an episode of optic neuritis. I’ve been on all the MS drugs, including steroids. My real issues with my weight didn’t really begin until I was on steroids which wipe out the satiety center. So I never felt satisfied let alone full. I was always hungry. Along with that I had just returned to college for interior design in 2004 so I had to stop working out at the gym. Then adding insult to injury, menopause reared it’s ugly head. Needless to say by the time I finished college in 2008 I had gained 60lbs. It’s 14 years later and I’m still struggling to lose the weight. I lost 30 before COVID and gained it back plus a few. So now here I am again recommitting to losing this weight once and for all. Just need some help to stay motivated and committed since it going to be a long journey.

Replies

• JRIV60
    JRIV60 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I think you've won half the battle by recommitting to being your healthiest you! I was Dx last year and it has been a lot of trial and error with working out again. You got this! 👏🏼💪👍🏼