Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - DECEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 It just dawned on me that the 2 teas I was debating over are very summery.
    Help me decide between:
    1. Fireside Spice (mulled wine tisane)
    2. Pumpkin Pie (black)
    3. Cocoa Mint Chill (chocolate peppermint rooibos).

Let me know your votes, everyone!
  • hlnnan
    hlnnan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the encouragement so far and I am so impressed by all the activity going on. We are a busy, creative and industrious team!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,909 Member
    Options
    @laurelfit57 Thanks! Great job, getting to the gym. I'm glad you made that connection that working out is part of your physical and mental health. I think it's smart to have a goal to maintain for December with all of those celebrations!

@FushiaKat Congrats on the loss! You are doing awesome. What a cool gift from your husband for your anniversary, very thoughtful.

@shaunarlr83 Yes!!! Wow, that's awesome that you went to the gym after midnight. I don't even stay up until midnight let alone get in physical activity lol. That's great she wants to work out with you. Oh gosh, I hope you can solve your transportation problems soon. It sounds like you really need it.

@Katmary71 Thank you! Yes, it is and I was raised to clean my plate. It's such a habit. I'm sorry you had a bad night, I hope you are feeling better now. What great work you are doing with the food bank and charity!

@vegan4lyfe2012 You must have needed that rest. Sounds like you are having fun with your teas. Ooh the Black Thai Tropical sounds interesting! Actually, they both do lol. Okay, I see you need a vote. I vote for #3, Cocoa Mint Chill! That sounds awesome!

@hlnnan Yes, we are pretty active lol! Glad you are here!

Hi all. This week, I've been getting some exercise in at work by moving magazine boxes which can get really heavy. Yesterday, I burned 598 calories moving boxes. I plan to do more next week, today I am too busy. I had a great day with eating: I only ate 3/4 of my lunch and I didn't go to the cafe at work for breakfast or snacks, so that's a win. I actually haven't been to the cafe in about a week or so, which is really good for me. I usually go a couple of times a week. I had my favorite salad for dinner: it's a beet salad over mixed greens with toasted walnuts and goat cheese and chicken breast. The dressing is a homemade orange-balsamic vinaigrette. It's amazing!

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 It just dawned on me that the 2 teas I was debating over are very summery.
    Help me decide between:
    1. Fireside Spice (mulled wine tisane)
    2. Pumpkin Pie (black)
    3. Cocoa Mint Chill (chocolate peppermint rooibos).

Let me know your votes, everyone!

1️⃣ Fireside Spice has such a nice sound to it. I’m going to try to drink some tea every night before bed. My mom and I have about 7 boxes to get through before I can go buy some new flavors!
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    @shaunarlr83 Good morning! No one’s ever online when I am, so just wanted to say a big HELLO from the bottom of the world 😂
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    Options

@Drewsanna - Thank you for reminding me that I have Google photos 😂 I agree that motorcycle shop is the cutest thing!!!! Love it! Back in August I saved over 2000 pics from an old Facebook account into Goohle photos and I need to sort and transfer them. When I switched phones I was so scared to lose all of my pictures on my iPhone. I had over 70,000!!! My uncle bought me an external drive to move them all onto and we’ve been working for 2 weeks to get them all transferred so I can stop paying for extra icloud storage every month

@hlnnan, @jamaicanlady, & @soaness - I’m so happy y’all are here!!! Sorry I waited so long to formally say hi!!!! This group is amazing!!!

@Katmary71 - I’m right there with you!!! I’m kinda sorta okay with the cold as long as there’s Christmas stuff going on but I wish winter ended Dec. 26th. I was however pleasantly surprised at how much I actually enjoy winter hiking. My mom has a greenhouse she didn’t get set up yet so hopefully come Spring I’ll have a bit more in common with you. 😉🥰

@trooworld - great job moving moving moving! I hate when people tell me not to do certain things so I’ll just tell you the story of my aunt who worked at JC Pennys years ago and hurt her back moving catalog boxes, she twisted wrong and has never been the same since ☹️ i can imagine they get pretty heavy. I for one never think about proper form when lifting stuff, I should though especially with all the lifting and moving I seem to do. At least I’m being mindful of form when lifting weights and trying to get my daughter to do them properly also! That salad sounds amazing!!!

@laurelfit57 - I always feel so amazing when I get to the gym. Even when I had my own home gym. There’s just something about it!! I’m glad you are enjoying it also!

Yesterday was my moms last check up on her knee and she’s still having issues but after talking to her Dr they thing it is actually a slipped dish in her back causing the problems. I really hoped she would bounce right back to her old self after the surgeries. Hopefully they can get her some relief. We are slowly getting g our Christmas decorations out and planning a few festivities to attend. Not getting to see my sisters 6 kids this year has my mom really depressed but I’m trying to keep her spirits up.

My daughter and I made it back to the gym for arm day. She loathes cardio so I’m trying to challenge her to short quick workouts. Last night we each did 1.5 minutes as hard as we could go on all 5 of the cardio machines!

We forgot to do our side bends but I went too heavy on the weight that first night so I’m super sore in my hips. My mom was thinking of going but honestly unless she wants to start doing seated workouts (which I’ve been trying to talk her into for months) there really isn’t a ton of equipment up there that she could utilize at this point so it would be a waste of money except for maybe the fact that just going and having us there working out might motivate her. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Today I think I will go through my Christmas decorations, may have some luck selling a few I know I won’t use anymore and there was some of my husbands childhood ornaments I don’t feel right keeping. My mom said I could decorate anything I wanted and I wasn’t going to mess with it but I think I now want to!
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    @FushiaKat Good luck with your appointments, it's fun at this age to have an appointment for every body part and system, right?! Being sarcastic of course! I'd love to see your tree especially with your kitties in front of it! Wow what an awesome gift from your husband, it sounds beautiful. Good question about hunger after exercise, do you eat any exercise calories back? I usually tough it out until my meal unless I'm crazy hungry or that my blood sugar is low. I had started out not eating exercise calories back when I was going to the gym and eating some back helped with feeling starving and low blood sugar. Also, if you eat something that will keep your blood sugar balanced ahead of time like protein (ex-yogurt and fruit is what I used to do prior to workouts to keep blood sugar up) it can help. I know the two can be separate, but I found when I was starving my blood sugar was usually low.

Thank you for the suggestion of eating yogurt before doing yard work. I typically fast until 1:30 pm then we eat lunch, then we have dessert at 8:00 pm oh I forgot my fruit bowl at 5:30 I know that if I'm dragging my but around in the morning to eat an egg and then I feel better. I added 50 more calories a day to my meal plan. I'm struggling with my husband and salads, he say's I should not eat that much even if I have planned my calories around it. Lol, the only lettuce the store had is Red Leaf and that is very fluffy lettuce, so it looks like I'm eating more when I'm not. I don't see why he cares if I'm losing weight and staying on track. He needs to trust me now; I think I know what I'm doing.

• happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    happysquidmuffin
    Weigh in: Tuesday
    PW: 137.5
    CW: 138

Ugh sorry I missed yesterday. I feel really bad that at this point all I’m doing is scrolling down to post my weigh ins and that’s it. I wonder if I should just take a break at this point. I just hate that I’m having to ignore all your posts and scroll through because I just don’t have time to read. And you are all so supportive and still take the time to read what I write. I’m really sorry. I am just too darn busy right now. I don’t know when that’s going to change. I’m debating just leaving the group until next year, but I don’t know what to do. I’ll still keep weighing in if you don’t mind me!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,579 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 Wow you must've needed your rest! Hope you're hanging in there with the weird sleeping hours, I tend to just stay up too but pay for it later. Haha you're a bigger tea nut that me, I love it! Oh both teas sound good, have one of each. The fall/winter teas are the most fun if you ask me, good time to buy them plus there's all the Black Friday sales. Oh out of those three I'd personally choose Peppermiint Roobios since I have one like that in my cupboard but the other two sound good too, which is the most different from what you already have so you can have more variety?

@hlnnan We have an amazing team! I've never checked out the other teams aside of in the combined challenges and everyone's very nice and I'm sure they're great too but Mission Slimpossibles rock!

@trooworld Yikes I bet those boxes are heavy and a great workout. Your salad sounds incredible, you're such a great cook, your meals always sound amazing! Great job on avoiding the cafe! I go through periods where I'm worse about going for coffee drinks and crave them when I have them more often.

@shaunarlr83 What kind of tea do you like the most? Oh I hope you get into using the greenhouse, that sounds wonderful! I don't personally have one but helped start the food bank farm seeds at the local high school last year, it's a lot of fun and I can't wait. Like you I wish it ended after Christmas too! Have fun decorating! Last year at this time I'd given my ex-boyfriend an eviction notice and thought about not decorating since the house was so tense and stressful but decided I wasn't letting him ruin it and did it anyhow. I was so exhausted once he left from being tense all the time I wouldn't have had the energy to do it the week before Christmas. I really hope this Christmas is amazing for you.

@FushiaKat You've definitely proved you know what you're doing! I think we're the same with fruit and salad, you can eat a lot more of them than a piece of candy and it's a lot of vitamins so you do you! Even 50 calories can make a big difference.

@happysquidmuffin You don't have to leave or worry about responding to posts right now, you're still a part of this group whether you post often or not, do what works best for you and we'll always be happy to hear from you.

Things are HOPPIN in here, yay! My day off yesterday helped some thank goodness, feeling a bit better today. I did my workout then headed to get my hair done which is about 20 miles away. Between sitting and the drive I'm always worn out when I get home, I pick up coffee drinks and got a mocha so that was my lunch, I didn't eat a healthy dinner but am around my goal so I'm not too worried, it throws me having half my day being a drink but being around the house tomorrow will be better. A friend texted me a picture of sundaes 2-for-1 at an ice cream store, I may have to block her, she's a bad influence! I went to Trader Joe's with a few of the women after our charity meeting and they were teasing me about getting all healthy stuff and I told the one I only eat junk with her and she pointed out the last sundae we got I texted her a picture so I guess we're even. Have a great Thursday everyone!
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    @laurelfit57 How did you train your fur babe to walk on the treadmill? Chipper is quite leary of it.

@Katmary71 hubby and I used to go on those toys for tots rides, help collect donations and all kinds of stuff. I loved it. It was a member of the organization we belonged to that got me the motorcycle shop. I love it. I sort of miss those days. I'm going to try you advice of trying some flavored teas. I like tea so, maybe that'll help.

Hey y'all! I've stayed pretty busy the last couple of days. Did some Christmas shopping yesterday, I couldn't believe how much prices have gone up. This year, I'll only be shopping for my grand beauties because I can't afford adult beauties and their spouses. Omg... I was shocked and I still have 7 grand beauties to go, I only got 4 done.
    Today, I cleaned up my best buddies restroom since the snow melted and it wasn't raining. I needed to it for awhile but the weather was bad. After that, I showered and did some housework.
    I kind of made 2 dinners, hubby had fried chicken w/mac-n-cheese, I had air fried chicken with a homemade fried brown rice and we both had some country mixed veggies. It was so good I just wanted to pig out but, I was good and put the second serving in the fridge for tomorrow.
    We had a bit of a scare with my mom, she went a bit looney tunes on us. She was hallucinating, she thought that furry critters were crawling on the walls and they were in her so, she was running around in her underwear because she was afraid to get dressed. Turns out she has a UTI infection and those really mess with the elderly. Something about low/high potassium and low/high sodium messes with their heads. She's on antibiotics now, so she'll be better in a day or two.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @shaunarlr83 Thanks! Oh gosh, that story about your aunt is a cautionary tale for sure! I try to be careful but I think there is an inherant risk in doing that work. That's good you are mindful with form. A slipped disk sounds really painful. I hope she can get some relief. Enjoy decorating, I love how I've decorated our condo for Christmas, it makes me happy!

@happysquidmuffin There are no posting requirements besides your weekly weigh-in. We love when you chime in, but understand if you are busy. I think you should stay in the group and chime in when you can!

@Katmary71 They are! Thanks, yeah the salad is so good! You pee red for days and it makes you think something is wrong with you but it's worth it lol. I love coffee lol. I'm glad you are feeling a bit better.

@DrewsAnna Yeah prices are ridiculous. I got eggs from Walmart the other day, it was $6.45 for an 18 pack of generic eggs! Just a few months ago, that would have cost me around $3.50. Great job, putting that 2nd serving of dinner in the fridge! I'm sorry about that incident with your mom, I'm glad you got it figured out and she'll be okay, that must have been scary.

Hi all. I am doing okay. I was really busy yesterday and didn't have time to eat lunch but I did have time to eat 3 cookies at work that someone had brought in go figure. I will share the beet salad recipe in case you want to try it, I add chicken breast to it:
    3 tablespoons maple syrup
    10 ounces mixed baby salad greens
    1⁄2 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
    1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
    1⁄2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
    2 ounces goat cheese

Place beets into a saucepan, and fill with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, then cook for 20 to 30 minutes, until tender. Drain and cool, then cut in to cubes.

While the beets are cooking, place the walnuts in a skillet over medium-low heat. Heat until warm and starting to toast, then stir in the maple syrup. Cook and stir until evenly coated, then remove from the heat and set aside to cool.

In a small bowl, whisk together the orange juice concentrate, balsamic vinegar and olive oil to make the dressing.

Place a large helping of baby greens onto each of four salad plates, divide candied walnuts equally and sprinkle over the greens. Place equal amounts of beets over the greens, and top with dabs of goat cheese. Drizzle each plate with some of the dressing.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    I struggled so much at work yesterday. The stress caused the ringing in my ears to amplify. Which made it harder to concentrate. After chatting with my awesome boss it literally calmed down a notch. I still bought a bag of habanero corn chips and cheese dip and tried to wallow.
    Today is a new day.
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Thursday
    PW: 138.2
    CW: 137.6

It’s been weird lately- stress, sleep , eating, all over the place. Majority of wins, unfortunately did not go to the great days/nights 😁. Oh well, tomorrow I’ll try again.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,579 Member
    Options
    @DrewsAnna I bet you had a blast on the toys for tot rides, they look so fun! Christmas shopping is painful, I just got done ordering gifts with my SIL for sets of relatives together instead of seperate gifts, some things have doubled in price in the last few years. Good luck with the rest of your shopping! My nephews are 11 and 13 now and this is the hardest it was to get gifts as they wouldn't give any hints. Your poor mom, glad she's on antibiotics and really hope the hallucinations stop.

@trooworld Haha I don 't care for beets but I get freaked out every time I go to the bathroom after eating asparagus and think I have some crazy UTI or something, I don't think I could handle red excretions of any sort! I'm going to save your recipe in case I'm ever brave enough to try beets again as it sounds amazing.

@19shmoo69 Oh no, tinnitus is such a pain, I'm so sorry to hear you're stressed enough to worsen the symptoms. I'm glad your boss was there for you. Hey those corn chips sound pretty good. So if you tried to wallow it didn't work, right? Yes it is a new day, you got this!

@GabiV125 I'm glad the majority is wins, I hope you sleep well and the day goes better for you tomorrow.

Hi team! Not feeling the best but I'm in a decent mood despite a big storm coming in and the start of a migraine but spent most the day aside of my workout resting. I have the last 20% of a Christmas story to finish tonight which I'm looking forward to but tomorrow after working out I need to get some errands done. Have a great Friday team, weeekend is here!
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    DrewsAnna
    Weigh in Thursday
    PW: 156.8
    CW: 156.3

Hey y'all! I almost forgot to do my check in. I stayed very busy today and, I'm so very sleepy tonight. I'm happy I actually contributed a loss to the team 😀 Y'all have a great day!! or evening, Lol... I know we all have different time zones.
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 ooh, you’re a kindred spirit! I am obsessed with teas. I have over 65 varieties in my cupboard at the moment and I have a tea advent calendar on the go. I actually got into it way back when I first tried the celestial seasonings Christmas teas. Mmm.

You’re so right - I need to remember to enjoy my tea and allow myself to feel fully relaxed and satisfied in the moment. I’m happy to share my daily teas actually.

This morning was silver bell oolong : a fairly floral oolong. This evening was strawberry rhubarb parfait. A perfect end to the day.

Hope you all
    Had a great day!

• megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    @davidji82 good job this week!

Good morning all. My goal today is to check mfp more than once and attempt to reply to everyone.

Breakfast tea today: hot chocolate pu’erh. It’s a high caffeine and one of my favourites.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @19shmoo69 I'm glad you have a good boss to chat with when you get stressed. That definitely helps. Do you ever take a break at work and go for a quick walk? I find that helps me sometimes. Today is a new day, you can do this. Hugs.

@GabiV125 Congrats on the loss! Sorry you are struggling lately.

@Katmary71 HAHAHA! Yes! I understand that, the smell is so strong lol. Beets...yeah, maybe they are an acquired taste. I love them now but used to not like them. I'm so sorry you've got the beginnings of a migraine, you know I know what that's like. Do you have any medication for it? I need to watch A Christmas Story, I haven't watched it yet this year and I love it!

@DrewsAnna Congrats on the loss! Have a great day/night too!

@davidji82 Congrats on the loss, you keep going down down down!

@megnolia82 That tea sounds interesting.

Hi all. I'm doing okay, I had a loss of 1 lb this week which is good, the scale is going down. I'm looking forward to the weekend even though I don't have any real plans.

• trooworld
    Options
    Username: Trooworld
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    PW: 226
    CW: 225
    LTD: 23
This discussion has been closed.