WeightNoMore Team Chat - DECEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    I was hoping for a bigger loss. I have been doing better with my eating. My steps this week have not been good. I did have a plan for the treadmill but I had to take a ton of classes for work so it didn't really work out. I'm trying to take one of these classes right now. It's a lot of little videos, some are 45 seconds some are 12 min, very hard to focus on these things. Then I have to take tests so I am going a little crazy. I have 1 week left and then we are on vacation. I can't wait for a week off. I'm doing nothing. Maybe getting organized in life but I can do nothing if I want
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    rachelrjh wrote: »
    @melaniedscott
    Thanks for sharing your comments. I don’t have much family either. And I’ve felt the same about holidays for years. You have a great attitude on life about what you do have…”lovely husband, good friends, job I enjoy.”

My mental health is healing and I’m getting better and better. But my mental illness is something I’ll deal with for the rest of my life…major depression disorder, PTSD from childhood...Finding and maintaining a good balance has always been tough on me.
    You're welcome. I know a lot of people who would disagree about my attitude...but I try. At the start of the year, I said I was going to work on positivity. The middle of the year made that difficult but, by Godzilla, I will work on positivity at the end! Your comment about major depressive and PTSD from childhood is strangely familiar. And the reason I have no family (the traumatic childhood...and early adulthood)...I had to learn to take care of me. Balance can be hard. (Especially if, like me, you have vertigo! Ha ha.

I received a job offer on Friday!!! I'm planning on taking it - just have to figure out a couple important logistics first and then I'll be set to start in January.
    Woot! Congrats!
    Not closer to home, also not less stressful, but it's definitely something new, and I'm really excited to get started! It'll be strange not being a fire engineer anymore, but it's time to make a change and step it up.
    What?!? No more firestarting? But...what will make life worth living?

Hmmm...chocolate? But don't set it on fire.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,247 Member
    Options
    minstrelofsarcasm
    December Week Two - Friday Weigh In

Previous Weight: 171.6 lbs
    Current Weight: 168.8 lbs
    Loss to Date: 61.2 lbs

I am, once again, torn about this loss. If you recall, last week I spent several days sick, eating nothing but a sleeve of crackers and half a protein bar. The loss I saw last Friday was absolutely a result of not being able to keep any food down and severe dehydration.

So, this week, despite having my appetite mostly back, and getting back on my routine, I worry that this loss is still an indication of dehydration. Sure, I've been eating incredibly healthy the past week in an attempt to counterract any malnutrition, but I don't know if I truly ate so healthy as to warrant a nearly 3-lb loss.

Maybe being sick gave my metabolism the shock it needed to get back to work. Maybe being sick removed some toxin build-up in my stomach that was causing some hidden digestive issue. Maybe being sick caused a psychological shift that led to less snacking during the day. I don't know. I'm keeping an eye on myself, paying close attention to how my body responds to how/when I feed it. While I hope this loss sticks around - being in the 160s again makes my self esteem happy - I need to prioritize my overall health, and would absolutely accept a gain next week if it meant my body were in a more healthy state.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Options
    Not closer to home, also not less stressful, but it's definitely something new, and I'm really excited to get started! It'll be strange not being a fire engineer anymore, but it's time to make a change and step it up.
    What?!? No more firestarting? But...what will make life worth living?

Hmmm...chocolate? But don't set it on fire.

I mean, I can still start fires - just won't be as legal anymore. Or I could try to shift the new company towards a more fire-friendly mindset, although that sounds like a lot of work.

Oooh, hot chocolate does sound pretty good right now. Good idea. :wink:
  • GinLee61
    GinLee61 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    GinLee61
    Friday weigh-in

PW: 170.6
    CW: 169.4

So happy to finally cross the 60 lb loss threshold and drop into the 160's!
  • gigglemachine
    gigglemachine Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Gigglemachine

PW 188
    CW 188.6

A little gain but after 3 Christmas dinners in less than a week it's not too bad 😊
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,103 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all who participated in this week's challenge. The Week 3 Group Challenge is open and available to begin on Sunday, Dec 18th. Hope you'll join us for the Climb the Ladder to Lose Challenge.

Here's your link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10879781/december-week-3-group-challenge-climb-the-ladder-to-lose#latest

Hope to see you there!
    Jessica
  • OllieAndEd2021
    OllieAndEd2021 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    OllieAndEd2021

Weigh in day is Saturday

CW 166.0
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    Melaniedscott
    Sat weigh-in
    PW: 230
    CW: 233

I'm still not sure that's right. The antibiotic caused some weird gastro stuff. Anyway...

Steps:
    Sun: 4173
    Mon: 4653
    Tues: 7014
    Wed: 3518
    Thurs: 3949
    Fri: 3589
    Sat: 2500 (guesstimate because I've been doing it all at home while cleaning, moving stuff, cooking, etc)

Decided it was time to cull bookshelves, unshelve, clean and reorganize. What was I thinking? We did 1 shelf. 7 large boxes, 2 large tubs, 17 stacks (10-12 books/stack of hardcovers...One shelf. Two of the other three shelves don't have as many books. But still. And that doesn't count ths three shelves in other rooms. Have I mentionedI like to read?
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 1,924 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Bodytalking
    🔸Steps: 42,677
    🔸Starting weight: 81.7 kg
    🔸Last week's weight: 80.3 kg
    🔸Current weight: 80.3 kg

I didn't put any weight on - but those 300 grams gotta go next week!

I had a good step count on Wednesday, 13k, as I met a friend and we did a tour of the Christmas markets, walking from one end at the edge of the city centre to the old town square. We had hot strudel cider and hot mead (way too sweet) and it was snowing the whole time ☃️
    8v8fl8bk6i8n.jpg
    80sahnibsab3.jpg

• BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 1,924 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Congratulations @minstrelofsarcasm on the job offer and I wish you all the best when you get started 🫶
  • GinLee61
    GinLee61 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Steps
    12/11 - 12/17

Sun: 7270
    Mon: 6142
    Tue: 7917
    Wed: 7013
    Thur: 12111
    Fri: 8181
    Sat: 12705

Total: 61,339
  • shortmom5
    shortmom5 Posts: 28 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Shortmom5
    Sunday Weigh-in
    PW 182
    CW 181

I had an ok week, sick for a few days and slacked on logging in. It really does make a difference. I need to jump back in but even a few days off makes it hard. Have a great week everyone!
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Step count
    Sun 4356
    Mon 5231
    Tue 3914
    Wed 3207
    Thu 3611
    Fri 4008
    Sat 4327
    Total 28,654

That's better than what I. Have done lately.
    Some steps are miss in due to not wearing my watch.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

jyqrjdi5jmzl.png
    ddaoaow4xshx.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    b8lh6ntync5e.png

By Pounds
    ofapq0nz5hd8.png