Replies

• LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,286 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Steps:
    12/21 8,945
    12/22 8,697

It's amazing I'm meeting my step goal - today's temp is -8 WITHOUT WIND CHILL with feel like temp of -32
    Staying in - got lots to do we are having a Christmas Day "open house" after the Green Bay Packer game that starts at noon on Sunday
    Tomorrow I have church service at 4 so that means I need to be there at 3:30 to get a seat then my in-laws come over for dinner then we go by them to do gifts with my husband's side - his sister and her husband; but his brother and his family won't be there they do their own thing and won't celebrate with us
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,311 Member
    Options
    frankwbrown
    December week 3
    Weigh in day: Friday, December 23
    PW: 234.2
    CW: 233.7 ( lost 0.5 lbs; 0.21%) this week 👍
    LTD: ( gained 2.3 lbs; 0.98%) this month 👎
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,155 Member
    Options
    Steppers, lots of open spaces in Weeks 2 and 3...please update your steps and thanks!
    Jessica
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Mulecanter
    Friday
    PW: 223 (I think)
    CW: 224
  • Armygirlarmyof1
    Armygirlarmyof1 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    The weather outside is frightful...it really is yall. The temp when I got up this morning was a minus 7 degrees...aka 7 below zero. So, Dinah and I have kept walks very, very short. Indoor routines for exercise today was (2) 15 to 20 minute yoga routines. If yall are thinking about adding yoga, I do Birds routines and they're on YouTube. I prefer hers personally but you've got to find who you're comfy with.
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    @SavageMrsMoose

Friday Weigh In

PW:162.0

CW:161.2

Small loss, but I'll take it!

I have a 10 mile run tomorrow, maybe that will help bank a few calories for Christmas Eve and Christmas Dinner!
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,311 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    CasandraW wrote: »
    @jessicakrall8 can you please excuse me from weigh ins until January please. I’m somewhat watching my consumption but don’t want the stress of it. I will weigh in January 7th.
    On a side note, I completed each of my Apple Watch monthly challengers this year. That’s two years in a row
    r97jmp4ectk5.png
    2bks4qtj89w0.png
    Congratulations! Those challenges are great motivation, aren't they.
    I have a Garmin watch, and similar to Apple, Garmin has numerous "badges" and monthly challenges. I confess, I'm a bit of a badges junkie: I can't get enough. I eagerly await the end of each month when they post the challenges for the following month. The challenges usually cover walking, running, cycling, swimming, strength training and yoga. My hope is that one of these days, I'll start getting more of the running and cycling badges (beyond the occasional 5k run challenge).
    Here's a screenshot of my most recent badges.
    ihom2n5qok9b.png
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    @SavageMrsMoose

Friday Weigh In

PW:162.0
    CW:161.2

Small loss, but I'll take it!

I have a 10 mile run tomorrow, maybe that will help bank a few calories for Christmas Eve and Christmas Dinner!

@SavageMrsMoose Good luck in tomorrow's run!! Will be thinking of you! I know you'll do great! Stay safe and warm!
    Jessica
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    The weather outside is frightful...it really is yall. The temp when I got up this morning was a minus 7 degrees...aka 7 below zero. So, Dinah and I have kept walks very, very short. Indoor routines for exercise today was (2) 15 to 20 minute yoga routines. If yall are thinking about adding yoga, I do Birds routines and they're on YouTube. I prefer hers personally but you've got to find who you're comfy with.

I'm doing a New Year yoga month challenge with Adriene on YouTube- she's good too - it starts 1/3 and it's free 😉
  • KHill875
    KHill875 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    KHill875
    Friday weigh in
    PW: 144.1
    CW: 145.2

12/17- 4,837
    12/18- 3,998
    12/19- 4,266
    12/20- 9,010
    12/21- 9,358
    12/22- 4,759

It is much harder to get steps when it is freezing outside and we don't have to walk to school.
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    CasandraW wrote: »
    @jessicakrall8 can you please excuse me from weigh ins until January please. I’m somewhat watching my consumption but don’t want the stress of it. I will weigh in January 7th.
    On a side note, I completed each of my Apple Watch monthly challengers this year. That’s two years in a row
    r97jmp4ectk5.png
    2bks4qtj89w0.png
    Congratulations! Those challenges are great motivation, aren't they.
    I have a Garmin watch, and similar to Apple, Garmin has numerous "badges" and monthly challenges. I confess, I'm a bit of a badges junkie: I can't get enough. I eagerly await the end of each month when they post the challenges for the following month. The challenges usually cover walking, running, cycling, swimming, strength training and yoga. My hope is that one of these days, I'll start getting more of the running and cycling badges (beyond the occasional 5k run challenge).
    Here's a screenshot of my most recent badges.
    ihom2n5qok9b.png

That’s awesome!! There are lots of other badges and awards as well. The monthly challenges are always based on your previous activity. My recent one was to exercise for 30 min in a day for 20 days of the month.
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Izzyred9400
    Sat
    PW 138
    CW 134.4
    🙂 I had to get off & on the scales twice this morning !!!!
    Sorry I'm overdue with my steps again @jessicakrall8
    12/17 7,970
    12/18 3,121
    12/19 17,744
    12/20 8,673
    12/21 24,453
    12/22 18,525
    12/23 11,603
    Well done @CasandraW for your consistency in doing your monthly challenges.Hope the weather improves so that you can share some of the party food with family & friends.
    @LaurieWrobo hope you & your husband & family have a good Christmas,you've had a tough year.
    Just nipping out for a few last minute items,will check back later with you all.
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Isn't it funny that after my post my dryer died? I've had twice before when it wouldn't start but got it going again. But today it just won't budge at all, can't turn it by hand either, completely stuck. I ordered a new one, but it won't be here until Thursday. I didn't have a drying rack for my clothes either. Thankfully there is one fairly large store in my village that sells a lot of household items, so I just biked there and got one. Not too expensive either. It is still really annoying, and a good chunk of money for a new machine. :disappointed:
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    @pupowl Tinus looks like he's contemplating the meaning of life...OR he's ready for his next treat! Glad the money came at a time when it was needed (dryer) and hope you got one that you wanted! I firmly believe everything happens just in the timing that it's supposed to due to coming event we can't expect. Somebody upstairs coordinates these things...glad that's not my job! Enjoy your books and the new puzzle...it's pretty...can't wait to see it once you complete it.

@casandraw Hope the weather doesn't cause problems for you! Please be safe! Sounds like you're probably in an area where you're used to it and they have the necessary equipment to manage it. Last night it dipped down to 12 degrees with a wind chill of -2...WAY too cold for my liking, but I didn't lose power and the winds calmed down so that was good. Kept the faucets dripping and the cabinets open where the pipes are to keep things warm. So far all is good, but this deep freeze has set in through early next week, so I'm not going out. Brrr!

@izzyred9400 Nice loss this week!! That's fantastic! Hope you have a wonderful holiday!
    Jessica
  • Nataliewr0403
    Nataliewr0403 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Nataliewr0403
    PW 136.4
    CW. 136.6

Steps
    12/21. 2387
    12/22. 2771
    12/23. 4141

Well, I suvived the week, but there is no time to relax because I have to start cooking and baking for tomorrow.
    The day started really good by 7 am I already burned 700 calories in 90 minutes.

I hope you all have a Happy Christmas, or Festivus if that is what you celebrate.
    Thank you all for the great support and the stories that keep me going.

This discussion has been closed.