Downsizers Team Chat - DECEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,468 Member
    Options
    Are you ready for the holidays?

I am ...but can't wait for them to be over .... I am hosting this year but everyone is bringing something since I can't stand in the kitchen long to cook ... I am making the prime rib roast with my daughter's help
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 851 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

It's pretty windy in Windsor right now. Decent amount of snow. Got up at 6am to hit the gym and grab groceries before it got really bad. It was a good plan cause I wouldn't be going out the way it is now. I've gotta work today so I'll be sitting inside my house the rest of the day. They closed the 401 between Tilbury and London due to multiple accidents including a 12 car pile up.

Stay safe everyone!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options

Usually, I start in October but I procrastinated. I am short a couple of gifts and need some gift bags. Too late to use Amazon. Lol My daughter is hosting both Christmas Eve and Day which makes the food part easier.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    JaysFan82 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018

It's pretty windy in Windsor right now. Decent amount of snow. Got up at 6am to hit the gym and grab groceries before it got really bad. It was a good plan cause I wouldn't be going out the way it is now. I've gotta work today so I'll be sitting inside my house the rest of the day. They closed the 401 between Tilbury and London due to multiple accidents including a 12 car pile up.

Stay safe everyone!

I hope everyone is ok. The 402 is closed also.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

I am ...but can't wait for them to be over .... I am hosting this year but everyone is bringing something since I can't stand in the kitchen long to cook ... I am making the prime rib roast with my daughter's help

Yum. Prime rib.
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,798 Member
    Options
    Happy Christmas Adam!

I am ready with buying. However I have got lots of tidying and final touches to do. Wrap of course and hopefully finish baking today. Of course this weekend will be freezing,30 high and 17 low, and next weekend for New Years will be 72 and thunderstorms...
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Rwood566
    Weigh in:
    PW - can't find, sorry. My recording had slipped bad. Sometimes a few days.
    CW - 254.4

trying to get back in the swing.
  • rwood566
    Options
    Good evening all. Happy Christmas eve eve.
    Check in:
    Steps - 8956 recorded. Didn't wear my watch most of the day, including pickleball.
    Calories - 2850
    Exercise - pickleball for an hour and a neighborhood walk with daughter to look at lights. Most were good, but a couple were way over the top.
  • rwood566
    Options

House is decorated, presents wrapped, stockings hung with care, menu set and going to start baking tomorrow. Only hangup is the weather. It is going to be 85F on Christmas. Santa's reindeer will be overheated.
  • Eatthefruitnotthecake78
    Options
    Weigh in day..happy to have stayed the same this week, been trying hard to dodge all the chocolate and mince pies and just eat my normal diet

PW - 164
    CW- 164

Happy Christmas to you all, have a good one 🎄

• lindamtuck2018
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Steps: 4,766
    Sleep: ✔️✔️
    Log food:
    Exercise:

It’s a cold one here today. It feels like -29C which is about -20 F. We are heading out to finish our Christmas shopping soon. I am looking forward to tonight. We are going to my daughters. We are going to exchange gifts tonight. My daughter makes lots of good food and her crab dip is amazing. I am planning on being mindful and not overeat. This week will be a challenge as my husband is off until January 3rd. We didn’t buy any junk food when grocery shopping so at least I don’t have to contend with that. I am going to start logging on Boxing Day. The pool is closed today and tomorrow so I will be back swimming that day also.

I don’t know what is up with my steps. I layed on my bed for 2 hours in the morning and played on my iPad. After lunch, I had a long nap so I was expecting my steps to be below 3,000. My goal is to get my steps back up to 4500 in the new year.

64omtod3p77g.gif
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @linda_tuck2018
    Friday weighin
    pw 172.8
    cw 174.8
    sw 173
  • 363days
    Options
    lartishs wrote: »
    @lartishs
    Pw 62.5 kg
    Cw 62.5 kg
    Hard week with sugar.
    Really want to work on this over next few days as sugary food is my worst enemy.
    On good news our first granddaughter is finally coming out of hospital today after being born 9 days ago. It's been a massive stressful time hence why all the bingeing on sugar crap.

Congrats on the new granddaughter and her getting to leave the hospital. I can imagine this would be very stressful for you and your family and her health is the best gift you can receive. Blessings.
  • 363days
    Options
    New me, goodbye fatfifties. Welcome slimmersixties! I'm 90lb down, thrown out my old clothes and my old name. I'm the lightest I've ever been as an adult.
    Having a couple of steady months then in February when I'm back travelling in the rv going to have a final big push to reach my goal weight (5 to 12lb away) before my 60th birthday

I'm so happy for you and love the new name!
  • 363days
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Friday weighin
    pw 172.8
    cw 174.8
    sw 173
    I laughed out loud at your post where you said you were missing your morning Pina Colada! Welcome back and I hope your back gets some relief.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,105 Member
    Options
    The December Week 4 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, December 25th. Join us for the Pick Two Per Day Challenge and get focused on areas in your life that need more attention! Hope to see you there! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10880145/december-week-4-group-challenge-pick-two-per-day-challenge#latest

Jessica :blush:
  • rwood566
    Options
    Merry Christmas everyone. I hope you all have a safe celebration and you get what you really want. Remember to stand under some mistletoe.

Check in:
    Steps - 14881
    Calories - at least 2650. Kept snacking all afternoon. I tried to write it all down.
    Exercise - walked for 2 hrs. Pace was somewhere over 3mph. Walked to best buy in one direction to get a couple phone cards, took one to daughter at work, over 2 miles in another direction, then walked 2 miles home.

Cooking and baking tomorrow. Hope it will keep me off the snacking.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,466 Member
    Options
    cormierannie
    Weigh in day Sunday
    PW: 138 pounds
    CW: 138 pounds
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,468 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas Everyone .... I hope you all have a wonderful day :)
This discussion has been closed.